Alaba visits BAT in France

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

theDunamis
Egg
Egg
Re: Alaba visits BAT in France

Post by theDunamis »

Agbako wrote: Mon Jun 26, 2023 4:34 am Honestly these useless kids choosing other countries to represent should stay away from Nigeria. I am so freaking pissed at them coming shaking hands with rich peeps and politicians here. If anyone of them and their Agents have any iorta of brain. What they should do if even they want to come to Nigeria is to come here and establish some sort of Football goodwill investment to help the young ones or disadvantaged youths of their mother land.

With such gestures I will accept them as real son of the soil. Truly I understand why they pick other place to play. But stay there broads. I don't even blame them. I blame the angel* Leaders receiving these Omoales .. it shows they themselves have no brain.. tufiakwa....

Hmm, for a CE member that is typically measured and on point, this is a very poor take.

Everyone's life choices and story are theirs and theirs alone to make and write. We see too little of the wholistic picture that is their lives -- where they grew up, how they grew up, the value system instilled in them, their principles, their life goals and ambitions, their fears and concerns, their knowledge or lack thereof of how the country they pledge their football allegiance to takes care of players who serve the country -- to have any valid say about their choice of which country to represent. A choice that impacts their entire lives -- economically, socially, politically, emotionally, and spiritually. It is their choice and their choice alone to make.

And after they have made that choice, it remains their choice what relationship they choose to have with their country of heritage. If they choose to swing by to party in cities of the country, or choose to set up football academies, or set up charity causes or foundations, or choose to retire in Lagos or Abuja and cruise around all the highbrow lounges and nightclubs in their luxury cars, that again is their choice and their choice alone. Just as it is your choice and yours alone what life choices you make and what story you choose to write for yourself.

So, no, they are not "useless kids" or "omoales". They are human beings who make life choices like every other human being on God's green earth. Choices they may be happy with, or may regret, or may be neutral about in hindsight. Again, like every other human being and the personal choices each makes.

If you lay out your life choices in here on CE, I can bet you there will be many who will wrongly think you are "useless" or an "omoale" for one or more choices they have no clue why or how you could so choose.
theDunamis is signed, sealed, DELIVERED!
shaq
Egg
Egg

Post by shaq »

theDunamis wrote: Mon Jun 26, 2023 5:29 pm
Agbako wrote: Mon Jun 26, 2023 4:34 am Honestly these useless kids choosing other countries to represent should stay away from Nigeria. I am so freaking pissed at them coming shaking hands with rich peeps and politicians here. If anyone of them and their Agents have any iorta of brain. What they should do if even they want to come to Nigeria is to come here and establish some sort of Football goodwill investment to help the young ones or disadvantaged youths of their mother land.

With such gestures I will accept them as real son of the soil. Truly I understand why they pick other place to play. But stay there broads. I don't even blame them. I blame the angel* Leaders receiving these Omoales .. it shows they themselves have no brain.. tufiakwa....

Hmm, for a CE member that is typically measured and on point, this is a very poor take.

Everyone's life choices and story are theirs and theirs alone to make and write. We see too little of the wholistic picture that is their lives -- where they grew up, how they grew up, the value system instilled in them, their principles, their life goals and ambitions, their fears and concerns, their knowledge or lack thereof of how the country they pledge their football allegiance to takes care of players who serve the country -- to have any valid say about their choice of which country to represent. A choice that impacts their entire lives -- economically, socially, politically, emotionally, and spiritually. It is their choice and their choice alone to make.

And after they have made that choice, it remains their choice what relationship they choose to have with their country of heritage. If they choose to swing by to party in cities of the country, or choose to set up football academies, or set up charity causes or foundations, or choose to retire in Lagos or Abuja and cruise around all the highbrow lounges and nightclubs in their luxury cars, that again is their choice and their choice alone. Just as it is your choice and yours alone what life choices you make and what story you choose to write for yourself.

So, no, they are not "useless kids" or "omoales". They are human beings who make life choices like every other human being on God's green earth. Choices they may be happy with, or may regret, or may be neutral about in hindsight. Again, like every other human being and the personal choices each makes.

If you lay out your life choices in here on CE, I can bet you there will be many who will wrongly think you are "useless" or an "omoale" for one or more choices they have no clue why or how you could so choose.
I appreciate your charity work in schooling some of these oldies and neanderthals.
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

Thanks for taking your time to explain the obvious. I just can’t understand why grown ups would castigate these kids for doing exactly what most of would have done if we were in their shoes.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
Bell
Egg
Egg

Post by Bell »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Sat Jun 24, 2023 6:44 am https://www.completesports.com/real-mad ... in-france/

Enough of this rubbish. You can’t represent other countries and try to cuddle up to us for PR.
You might have a Nigerian parent but you’ve decided you ain’t one of us. Saka, Alaba, Noni, Tammy , Tomori and other omo jati can go suck on a lemon. :roll:

I DIDN'T KNOW ALABA PLAYED FOR "OTHER" COUNTRY

I thought he played for Austria, his country.
Bell
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

Egbon,
That your first sentence negated the rest of what you were trying to say.

Me, I am for Naijarian leaders doing everything they can to encourage Naijarians and non-Naijarians alike to think Naijaria first. I like that the young man still wants to have something to do with the country.

He has access that many don't have. We should pray that he has a good experience so he can bring along his friends.

My prayer is for people to make it out of the country and never forget home. To come back to get more people out... to give more people opportunities if not for the grace of God they too would not have gotten. I loved what Saka did... what our professionals are doing coming home. They are not scared of the negative stories.

Alaba visiting the President and giving him a jersey is a good thing. I hope it triggers in him the spirit to give back. He is actually the one who should be bitter and angry at Naijaria... for once again, only wanting to be identified with winners.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

He doesn't even know what led to his "CHOICE".

Would Naijaria have identified with him if he was a "LOSER"?

We need all the help we can get. Any good publicity is a bonus. A winner wants to identify with Naijaria and we are doing guy? I don't get some Naijarians sha.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
Agbako
Egg
Egg

Post by Agbako »

Cellular wrote: Tue Jun 27, 2023 6:15 pm

Egbon,
That your first sentence negated the rest of what you were trying to say.

Me, I am for Naijarian leaders doing everything they can to encourage Naijarians and non-Naijarians alike to think Naijaria first. I like that the young man still wants to have something to do with the country.

He has access that many don't have. We should pray that he has a good experience so he can bring along his friends.

My prayer is for people to make it out of the country and never forget home. To come back to get more people out... to give more people opportunities if not for the grace of God they too would not have gotten. I loved what Saka did... what our professionals are doing coming home. They are not scared of the negative stories.

Alaba visiting the President and giving him a jersey is a good thing. I hope it triggers in him the spirit to give back. He is actually the one who should be bitter and angry at Naijaria... for once again, only wanting to be identified with winners.
Cellular. Thanks. Yes did I over react maybe. But thanks. Take care