Nigeria vs Canada - FIFA World Cup 2023 (0-0) FT ( Nnadozie saves PK) Red Card Abiodun

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Nigeria vs Canada - FIFA World Cup 2023 (0-0) FT ( Nnadozie saves PK) Red Card Abiodun

Post by bret- hart »

Pinay girls up next :shyluv: :shyluv: :shyluv: :shyluv: :shyluv: :shyluv:
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Nigeria vs Canada - FIFA World Cup 2023 (0-0) FT ( Nnadozie saves PK) Red Card Abiodun

Post by Gotti »

Enugu II wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2023 5:56 amGotti,

I liked her play today. Unlike in the past when she will get the ball and just run with it. Today, she played with her team mates. That is a HUGE change. Today was a difficult day because we were unpossessed and there were few chances not just for her but everyone.
Yep, she held up the ball pretty well for her teammates to catch up with play or try to combine with them…
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Super Zee balled today, she was upfront alone putting the Canadian babes in check.. I also enjoyed Ify's game . She has improved a lot.

This game today has increased my interest big time in the WWC
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

ohsee wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2023 5:42 amKudos though to the Skippa. :thumbs: Abiodun was a tigress in that midfield. Poor girl got sent off. Payne was very creative, but her efforts were in vain. Alozie pissed me off no end. Did crazy sh1t all day. Our decision making in and around the box a problem.
Alozie is consistently inconsistent…

Hit-or-miss, you might be shouting at her for a poor play…
The next thing you see she’ll breeze past a defender and whip in a terrific ball. 8-)
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Gotti wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2023 6:02 am
ohsee wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2023 5:42 amKudos though to the Skippa. :thumbs: Abiodun was a tigress in that midfield. Poor girl got sent off. Payne was very creative, but her efforts were in vain. Alozie pissed me off no end. Did crazy sh1t all day. Our decision making in and around the box a problem.

The next thing you see she’ll breeze past a defender and whip in a terrific ball. 8-)
so true . She just needs to work on her concentration.. what helps her are her stamina and pace
SuperEagles

packerland
Egg
Egg

Post by packerland »

Gotti wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2023 5:56 am
packerland wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2023 5:50 amAyinde would’ve started in place of her in this game if it wasn’t for the suspension but I have a feeling Randy would’ve needed all three midfielders against Australia.
If Randy needs an extra body in the middle, Echegini can fill in…
Yep! She is capable of getting the job done.
"Yea right, we await the beatings the Aussie has for them. The Falcons are just another bad team at the women world cup".....fatpokey Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:34 .
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

SuperEagles

iworo
Egg
Egg

Post by iworo »

Enugu II wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2023 5:37 am Good start by Nigeria. I thought for large swaths of the game, the team was very disciplined when the Canadians had the ball but for moments in that second half there were several breakdowns that could have been costly. For me, Chiamaka is really one of the best in the world. She was really really good. Next game we welcome back Ajibade and I thought we needed her tonight.
Amid all the jittery displayed by the team, they still achieved their objectives. Very good start with a well executed defensive game plan. Hoping that they have now shaken off first-time jitters before the next game. It was a disappointment that the referee had such an impact on the game. She was very one sided. I feel like we got robbed in this game. Let’s go Falcons…
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

She is fine. She can play however she wants as far as I an concerned. But :biggrin:
Gotti wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2023 6:02 am

The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

me i dey go sleep,
SuperEagles

furiously frank
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by furiously frank »

Tobi17 wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2023 5:44 am Oshoala is basking on her stardom tax, plays her hearts out for Barcelona but hardly puts in a shift when she dons the GWG.
Someone said she barely Played 4-5 games for SF in 5 years. Is that correct?
"That Justice is a blind goddess
Is a thing to which we blacks are wise.
Her bandage hides two festering sores
That once perhaps were eyes."
Langston Hughes, 1923
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

Ordega and Musa should join the same whatsapp group of retirees to discuss their retirement plans from national duty, cause it's actually sad to them being reduced to this level
waka-man
Egg
Egg

Post by waka-man »

Generally speaking I like what I saw. And Ayinde and Ajigbade take this team up a couple of levels.
Kanu has become an even better player. I hope she shakes her reputation as a super-sub; she can have that impact for 90+ minutes.
Super Zee did well today. Brought everyone in.
Payne is very wicked with those set-pieces. Very wicked.
Ohale is a great Nigerian.
So happy for Abiodun (despite the red) and Damihen.
Our full backs cause heart-in-mouth moments but get the job done.

But the biggest thing is they have a certain mentality about them that I like. Tough, united, intimidating, organised.

It’s a really tough group but if they can get something out of the Australia game they should have the better of the Rep.
-------------------------------------------
MY NAME IS WAKA-MAN, and YES, I AM A CHELSEA FAN. Please don't hate me - I was fan when David Ellery dashed Cantona two penalties as Man U beat us 4-0 in the FA Cup final. So I've paid my dues.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Enugu II wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2023 5:37 am Good start by Nigeria. I thought for large swaths of the game, the team was very disciplined when the Canadians had the ball but for moments in that second half there were several breakdowns that could have been costly. For me, Chiamaka is really one of the best in the world. She was really really good. Next game we welcome back Ajibade and I thought we needed her tonight.
I’m so glad to hear this. I’ve been saying it for a few years now that she has that potential of being one of the best in the world.
I can’t wait to watch the game later.
Wow. :clap: :clap: :clap:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

waka-man wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2023 6:29 am Generally speaking I like what I saw. And Ayinde and Ajigbade take this team up a couple of levels.
Kanu has become an even better player. I hope she shakes her reputation as a super-sub; she can have that impact for 90+ minutes.

But the biggest thing is they have a certain mentality about them that I like. Tough, united, intimidating, organised.

It’s a really tough group but if they can get something out of the Australia game they should have the better of the Rep.
Thank you.
So refreshing to read a positive report.
I missed the game and there are no highlights up on FIFA+ yet.
So I started reading the game thread from page 1 and I was just so sickened by the negativity and cowardly comments, I had to stop.
The usual ‘emotional insurance’ - grown men ridiculing the team to protect themselves from possible heartache.

Now they are all standing up again. :rotf:
waka-man
Egg
Egg

Post by waka-man »

waka-man wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2023 6:29 am Generally speaking I like what I saw. And Ayinde and Ajigbade take this team up a couple of levels.

By the way, the obvious omission in my note above is Nnadozie. It’s not just the penalty save (which was perfect in both execution and outcome), but her general command of her area and decision-making. I’m not sure there is a better goal-keeper in the women’s game right now.
MY NAME IS WAKA-MAN, and YES, I AM A CHELSEA FAN. Please don't hate me - I was fan when David Ellery dashed Cantona two penalties as Man U beat us 4-0 in the FA Cup final. So I've paid my dues.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

waka-man wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2023 6:39 am

By the way, the obvious omission in my note above is Nnadozie. It’s not just the penalty save (which was perfect in both execution and outcome), but her general command of her area and decision-making. I’m not sure there is a better goal-keeper in the women’s game right now.
Has she always been deputy captain? Because I was surprised to read about her captaincy - which I fully agree with.
waka-man
Egg
Egg

Post by waka-man »

furiously frank wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2023 6:21 am
Tobi17 wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2023 5:44 am Oshoala is basking on her stardom tax, plays her hearts out for Barcelona but hardly puts in a shift when she dons the GWG.
Someone said she barely Played 4-5 games for SF in 5 years. Is that correct?
I respectfully disagree. She played like a leader today. Didn’t glory-hunt (like she can sometimes) or overplay. She had a tough role have to drop and connect play with Onumonu, and she stuck to her task. Did the dirty work when called on to do it too.

She’s growing up and becoming a complete player.
waka-man
Egg
Egg

Post by waka-man »

Damunk wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2023 6:42 am
waka-man wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2023 6:39 am

Has she always been deputy captain? Because I was surprised to read about her captaincy - which I fully agree with.
I think that’s new. Was surprised (but not unhappy) that none of Super Zee, Ohale or Ordega started as captain. Randy is not following the Nigerian tradition of giving it to the oldest player and I think that’s a good thing.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

so we've played Canada 3 times at the Women worldcup, this was our 3rd meeting ( 1wins and 2 draws ) 1995 3-3 , 2011 1-0, 2023 0-0

my goodness the team we've faced a lot is the USA . 4 different times lost all, then German , North Korea and Norway 3 times each
SuperEagles

davidbam14
Egg
Egg
Re: Nigeria vs Canada - FIFA World Cup 2023 (0-0) 2nd H ( Nnadozie saves PK)

Post by davidbam14 »

bushboy wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2023 4:59 am Dang! We have regressed terribly in female football.
[/quote

:agree:
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Good first game. Need to continue to improve.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
Bell
Egg
Egg

Post by Bell »

THE NARRATIVE HAS CHANGED - FOR THE GOOD

Wasn't too long ago when a post-match discussion of a Super Falcon match was primarily embarassed lamentation of how lacking the team was in fundamentals, heavy with suggestions as to how they could improve.

Some of us saw this impovement a few years ago (but there skeptics and mockers) and this match has confirmed it. It won't be too long before the fans start discussing potential climb into the top tier of women's football. This is progress.
Bell