Ireland 0-0 Nigeria: (FIFA Women World Cup )FT

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: Ireland 0-0 Nigeria: (FIFA Women World Cup )

Post by 1naija »

Have you looked at it from the Ireland perspective? The put in their best performance so far. The save on Kanu's header shows what we were up against. They were playing for pride.
mcal wrote: Mon Jul 31, 2023 1:00 pm ...tough match, tough to watch for 90 mins.
Was it too much celebration vs the Aussies or what?
E no go be easy for round of 16.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
Tobi17
Egg
Egg
Re: Ireland 0-0 Nigeria: (FIFA Women World Cup )FT

Post by Tobi17 »

Toni Payne was the highlight for us, absolutely brilliant performance
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

This was a disappointing performance, be like say the euphoria from the Aussie win, still lingering on
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Dog Bruno
Egg
Egg

Post by Dog Bruno »

1naija wrote: Mon Jul 31, 2023 1:05 pm You do realize that Ireland was for playing for Pride and had nothing to lose right? We created great scoring chances, but couldn't convert. We have a lot to celebrate about. I am sure England are not popping champaign that they have to play us.

Dog Bruno wrote: Mon Jul 31, 2023 12:56 pm Please let no one celebrate this draw.
Pride or not, SF’s strategy and tactics to the game was piss-poor. It wasn’t like the Irish stopped them.
You are Your Own Dog
tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by tolahs »

Dog Bruno wrote: Mon Jul 31, 2023 1:07 pm
tolahs wrote: Mon Jul 31, 2023 1:02 pm I watched the last 35mins. Right after our GK needed treatment for her shoulder, we stopped showing ambition - some hero ball.
This match was there for the taking - too many of our key forward players cannot trap a ball - too many bad 1st touches
…..and second touches, followed by third and fourth touches. Dude, it was kindergarten-like.

We've to be more accountable to the team but those bad touches killed a few promising moves. Defensively, we give too much space to girl with the ball. On our pressing, it was often one of our girls against 3 to 4 defenders - i'll watch their next match from the start to feel their tactics.
If I give you a good wine, you will see how it tastes and after you ask where it comes from,'' ""To put players in my team who are not good enough will not strengthen the England team, and would weaken the Arsenal team.''The only thing I can say is that whenever England do not win it is always my fault,even when I am not at the game".Wenger said.
waka-man
Egg
Egg

Post by waka-man »

Dog Bruno wrote: Mon Jul 31, 2023 1:13 pm
1naija wrote: Mon Jul 31, 2023 1:05 pm You do realize that Ireland was for playing for Pride and had nothing to lose right? We created great scoring chances, but couldn't convert. We have a lot to celebrate about. I am sure England are not popping champaign that they have to play us.

Dog Bruno wrote: Mon Jul 31, 2023 12:56 pm Please let no one celebrate this draw.
Pride or not, SF’s strategy and tactics to the game was piss-poor. It wasn’t like the Irish stopped them.
Again, not sure how you can fault the strategy or tactics. For tournament football, they were spot on. Take no risks, do only what’s necessary to get to the next round. You can criticise some individual performances but strategy and tactics were perfect.
-------------------------------------------
MY NAME IS WAKA-MAN, and YES, I AM A CHELSEA FAN. Please don't hate me - I was fan when David Ellery dashed Cantona two penalties as Man U beat us 4-0 in the FA Cup final. So I've paid my dues.
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

We did create several scoring chances, but couldn't convert!

Dog Bruno wrote: Mon Jul 31, 2023 1:13 pm

The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

danfo driver wrote: Mon Jul 31, 2023 12:56 pm Glad we won. Our decison-making is very very very poor. If we had that, we'd have been a much better team.
You still sneaking in here , you think say I no see you?. Where is I don’t watch women. FootbLl
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Bigpokey24 wrote: Mon Jul 31, 2023 1:12 pm This was a disappointing performance, be like say the euphoria from the Aussie win, still lingering on
It was definitely disappointing for some fans because we wanted to win. However, it was not a disappointing performance. The girls tried and controlled majority of the game. Like I mentioned days ago, the Irish will come out fighting. No team likes to leave a world cup with 0 points. From a psychological perspective, we had something to lose, they didn't. This puts the pressure on us, which can affect performance.

Had Oshoala scored that chance she had early on, that would have killed the Irish's morale, and we'd have sailed.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Dog Bruno
Egg
Egg

Post by Dog Bruno »

Yup!
I hope the coaching team and players get the chance to sit down and watch this game together.
They shouldn’t just move on from this performance.
You are Your Own Dog
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

danfo driver wrote: Mon Jul 31, 2023 1:23 pm
Bigpokey24 wrote: Mon Jul 31, 2023 1:12 pm This was a disappointing performance, be like say the euphoria from the Aussie win, still lingering on
It was definitely disappointing for some fans because we wanted to win. However, it was not a disappointing performance. The girls tried and controlled majority of the game. Like I mentioned days ago, the Irish will come out fighting. No team likes to leave a world cup with 0 points. From a psychological perspective, we had something to lose, they didn't. This puts the pressure on us, which can affect performance.

Had Oshoala scored that chance she had early on, that would have killed the Irish's morale, and we'd have sailed.
Agreed , I wanted a win , i hope we work on taking our chances. Asisa was not it today
SuperEagles

Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

packerland wrote: Mon Jul 31, 2023 1:06 pm Maybe it’s good omen. The last 3 tournaments we topped our group, we crashed out in the next round.
why stop at Omen? may goodness, nah how some of una dey watch or view ball sef
SuperEagles

Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Scipio Africanus »

Seems like this team plays to the level of the opponent.

Wha choo looking at?!
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

As i said , whenever bigpokey opens a game thread involving any Nigerian team, 99.027 times we win or draw.
Last edited by Bigpokey24 on Mon Jul 31, 2023 5:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SuperEagles

Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

She was my woman of the match

Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

SuperEagles

Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle
Re: Ireland 0:0 Nigeria…

Post by Bigpokey24 »

CE , you people are very unfair. why didn't you people call tonythetigerkiller to the other game thread? our brother was here talking to himself for 90 freaking mins plus ET
SuperEagles

ikemba
Egg
Egg

Post by ikemba »

This thread is really funny, dude all alone for 2 hours in a match thread :D :D :D
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

ikemba wrote: Mon Jul 31, 2023 2:32 pm This thread is really funny, dude all alone for 2 hours in a match thread :D :D :D
the thing weak me ooo.. we must never let such happen to our CE brothers ooo..nah 1naija cause this thing
SuperEagles

kawawa
Egg
Egg

Post by kawawa »

Great job. Qualified from arguably the toughest group. We play whoever comes next and take our chances.
packerland
Egg
Egg

Post by packerland »

Bigpokey24 wrote: Mon Jul 31, 2023 1:26 pm
packerland wrote: Mon Jul 31, 2023 1:06 pm Maybe it’s good omen. The last 3 tournaments we topped our group, we crashed out in the next round.
why stop at Omen? may goodness, nah how some of una dey watch or view ball sef
Craving attention again? Pretty soon you will lie and claim that i’m editing your post.
"Yea right, we await the beatings the Aussie has for them. The Falcons are just another bad team at the women world cup".....fatpokey Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:34 .
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Bigpokey:

You see Zambia right? Like I said, no team likes to leave a tournament with 0 points. Nigeria is the only country (and speifically Super Eagles and their fans) who go to tournaments to collect participation trophy and learn.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

Congrats to our girls for qualifying but I have mixed feelings given we should have won the game.

In fairness, our tactical approach - given we needed a minimum draw to qualify - was right. However, at a point when Australia was up 3-0, there was less risk in us missing out had we gone for a win in order to potentially avoid England.

Anyway, I am grateful. These girls have made me proud for real. God bless them.