GIFT ORBAN AGREES PERSONAL TERMS WITH TOTTENHAM???

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

onovo
Egg
Egg
Re: Gift Orban

Post by onovo »

He has a blistering pace and very aggressive like Osimhen and likes to go wide. His finishing is clinical. He gave an Okocha kind of pass at exactly 4.30minutes of this video. Despite my concern for his size, I think he is a good player. His pace with that of Chukwueze and Osimhen in a line-up would cause serious trouble to opposing defenders.

Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

onovo wrote: Mon Jul 31, 2023 5:06 pm He has a blistering pace and very aggressive like Osimhen and likes to go wide. His finishing is clinical. He gave an Okocha kind of pass at exactly 4.30minutes of this video. Despite my concern for his size, I think he is a good player. His pace with that of Chukwueze and Osimhen in a line-up would cause serious trouble to opposing defenders.

That would be deadly.
Orban out on the left, Chukwueze out on the right - and interchangeable.
We just need some good freaking pitches. :curse:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Damunk wrote: Mon Jul 31, 2023 5:26 pm
onovo wrote: Mon Jul 31, 2023 5:06 pm He has a blistering pace and very aggressive like Osimhen and likes to go wide. His finishing is clinical. He gave an Okocha kind of pass at exactly 4.30minutes of this video. Despite my concern for his size, I think he is a good player. His pace with that of Chukwueze and Osimhen in a line-up would cause serious trouble to opposing defenders.

That would be deadly.
Actually we need a progressive thinking coach.

Peseiro is so narrow minded to him Orban is a STRIKER, and nothing more.

The wide positions are reserved for the midget dancer and that clubless chicken headed clown.
onovo
Egg
Egg

Post by onovo »

vancity eagle wrote: Mon Jul 31, 2023 5:31 pm

That would be deadly.
Actually we need a progressive thinking coach.

Peseiro is so narrow minded to him Orban is a STRIKER, and nothing more.

The wide positions are reserved for the midget dancer and that clubless chicken headed clown.
Lets wait and see what Peseiro comes out with. In my opinion this is more likely the most explosive set of attacking players we have had.
onovo
Egg
Egg

Post by onovo »

That would be deadly.
My Jamaican friends would say "Wicked !".
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

joao wrote: Sat Jul 15, 2023 8:46 pm The main positions needing size are defense and goalkeeping, as you can't have midgets
playing these positions. SE's problem is having midfielders and attackers averaging 5ft 8in,
and the team choosing to play aerial football.
Midfielders don’t need to be that tall.
The world’s greatest midfielders of the last 40 years haven’t been particularly tall.

As for attackers, ours are quite tall:
Osimhen
Moffi
Awoniyi
Sadiq
None under 6’.

It’s the mostly wide players you refer to (Simon, Musa, Chukwueze, Kalu, Onyekuru, Denis) but I’d say their low centres of gravity might be to their advantage, just like midfielders.
So this your theory get as e be.
onovo
Egg
Egg

Post by onovo »

Damunk wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2023 11:45 pm
joao wrote: Sat Jul 15, 2023 8:46 pm The main positions needing size are defense and goalkeeping, as you can't have midgets
playing these positions. SE's problem is having midfielders and attackers averaging 5ft 8in,
and the team choosing to play aerial football.
Midfielders don’t need to be that tall.
The world’s greatest midfielders of the last 40 years haven’t been particularly tall.

As for attackers, ours are quite tall:
Osimhen
Moffi
Awoniyi
Sadiq
None under 6’.

It’s the mostly wide players you refer to (Simon, Musa, Chukwueze, Kalu, Onyekuru, Denis) but I’d say their low centres of gravity might be to their advantage, just like midfielders.
So this your theory get as e be.
I agree with you to some extent. Even Boniface is quite a big lad. Also these midfielders you mentioned of have good balance and are quite stocky. e.g. Okocha, Maradona, Scholes, Essien, etc. Someone like Lookman, though is short, but is stocky. I would never advise that Orban be played as a Centre Forward in our national team. Most likely he should be played as a Wing Forward or an Attacking Midfielder.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

The fairytale rise of Gift Orban looks like it is about to continue.
Spurs Identify ‘Special’ Harry Kane Replacement in Shock Revelation
By: Noah Reed | August 2, 2023

Tottenham Hotspur have intensified their pursuit of a new striker amidst the looming departure of record goalscorer Harry Kane, with Bayern Munich edging closer to securing a deal. As part of their search, Spurs have made contact with the entourage of highly sought-after striker, Gift Orban.

Preparations Begin for Life After Kane

Dutch news outlet, Nieuwsblad, have reported that several clubs, including Lens and Lille, have already “knocked on the door” of the prolific Nigerian striker previously described as “something special”. However, Tottenham’s involvement takes the race to another level, as the London club seek to bolster their attacking options in a much more desperate timeframe with the new Premier League season just a week away.

Orban’s sensational form last season has attracted attention from across Europe. After netting an impressive 20 goals in just 22 games following the winter break, he has maintained this level kicking off the new campaign in fine form, delivering notable performances in both the Conference League clash against Zilina and the domestic opener against KV Kortrijk.

Gent Know Value of Gift Orban and Won’t Sell Cheap
Gent are well aware of Orban’s value and are keen on retaining the talented striker. However, the mounting interest from the likes of Tottenham have presented a significant challenge.
Currently under contract until 2027, Gent hope Orban’s potential departure could bring in a record amount. They have witnessed similar success with the sale of Jonathan David to Lille for £27 million, with an additional £4 million to be earned through a sell-on clause if David ever secures a future transfer.

Spurs See Him as Potential Harry Kane Replacement
The striker’s performances have piqued the interest of Tottenham, who see him as a promising option to strengthen their attacking lineup. With the prospect of Harry Kane’s exit, securing a top-quality replacement is of paramount importance to the North London outfit.

Gift Orban’s entourage has now reportedly been contacted by Spurs, indicating the club’s serious intent to pursue the Belgian forward. As the transfer window reaches its peak, negotiations are expected to intensify, and Tottenham will hope to land their target before the window closes

https://lastwordonsports.com/football/2 ... rban-gent/
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

Damunk wrote: Sat Aug 05, 2023 5:48 am The fairytale rise of Gift Orban looks like it is about to continue.
Spurs Identify ‘Special’ Harry Kane Replacement in Shock Revelation
By: Noah Reed | August 2, 2023

Tottenham Hotspur have intensified their pursuit of a new striker amidst the looming departure of record goalscorer Harry Kane, with Bayern Munich edging closer to securing a deal. As part of their search, Spurs have made contact with the entourage of highly sought-after striker, Gift Orban.

Preparations Begin for Life After Kane

Dutch news outlet, Nieuwsblad, have reported that several clubs, including Lens and Lille, have already “knocked on the door” of the prolific Nigerian striker previously described as “something special”. However, Tottenham’s involvement takes the race to another level, as the London club seek to bolster their attacking options in a much more desperate timeframe with the new Premier League season just a week away.

Orban’s sensational form last season has attracted attention from across Europe. After netting an impressive 20 goals in just 22 games following the winter break, he has maintained this level kicking off the new campaign in fine form, delivering notable performances in both the Conference League clash against Zilina and the domestic opener against KV Kortrijk.

Gent Know Value of Gift Orban and Won’t Sell Cheap
Gent are well aware of Orban’s value and are keen on retaining the talented striker. However, the mounting interest from the likes of Tottenham have presented a significant challenge.
Currently under contract until 2027, Gent hope Orban’s potential departure could bring in a record amount. They have witnessed similar success with the sale of Jonathan David to Lille for £27 million, with an additional £4 million to be earned through a sell-on clause if David ever secures a future transfer.

Spurs See Him as Potential Harry Kane Replacement
The striker’s performances have piqued the interest of Tottenham, who see him as a promising option to strengthen their attacking lineup. With the prospect of Harry Kane’s exit, securing a top-quality replacement is of paramount importance to the North London outfit.

Gift Orban’s entourage has now reportedly been contacted by Spurs, indicating the club’s serious intent to pursue the Belgian forward. As the transfer window reaches its peak, negotiations are expected to intensify, and Tottenham will hope to land their target before the window closes

https://lastwordonsports.com/football/2 ... rban-gent/
Gift is an absolute enigma, he pretty exploded out of no where with no youth football or professional football before besides playing street football on the streets of Lagos and Togo before he got scouted by a third division club in Norway...now he's one of the hottest prospects in football in juet a short time
hestonap
Egg
Egg

Post by hestonap »

Big fan of the 90s Eagles but gentle reminder that the 2 players that scored against us in 1994 were short men under 6ft - Cannigia and Baggio still saying holla and ciao almost 30 years down the line.

For all of the brute force Shittu et al packed, it was still a short #$% Heinze that stole our Pomo in 2010. Me I won’t say anything about the little giant Raul in 1998 granted our full backs were not exactly giants in that eventful game against Spain. Uche and West our central defensive partners were no physical slouches on that day in France but make we no talk.

Height/power are but one requirement. Not saying they are not important, but nothing trumps intelligence on the field of play. I’ll take an intelligent player 11 out of 10 times.

We have not produced too many of them in a while.
God bless and keep Nigeria and make his face shine on her undeserving as she may be.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

If Kane does leave Tottenham the club will pursue a move for Gent's Nigerian forward Gift Orban, 21, in addition to another centre-back and midfielder.

Tottenham, who have spent about £154 million this summer, plan to step up their interest in Gift Orban, the 21-year-old Gent forward who would provide back-up for Richarlison, Tottenham’s Brazilian forward who would lead the line in place of Kane. Orban is expected to be among the three players Tottenham try to sign this month, including a centre back and midfielder, with Pierre-Emile Hojbjerg hoping to join Atletico Madrid.

https://archive.ph/WQWAC#selection-993.0-995.106
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
The Observer
Egg
Egg

Post by The Observer »

Orban has scored three goals this evening for Gent against Pogon Szczecin in an ongoing Europa Conference League match.
Every soul shall taste of death. And you shall be paid on the Day of Resurrection only that which you have fairly earned. Whoever is removed from the fire of Hell and is made to enter the Garden, he indeed is successful. The life of this world is nothing but the comfort of illusion – Quran 3: 185
The Observer
Egg
Egg

Post by The Observer »

Orban's team mate, Jordan Torunarigha was substituted 78 minutes and a yellow card.
Every soul shall taste of death. And you shall be paid on the Day of Resurrection only that which you have fairly earned. Whoever is removed from the fire of Hell and is made to enter the Garden, he indeed is successful. The life of this world is nothing but the comfort of illusion – Quran 3: 185
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

The Observer wrote: Wed Aug 09, 2023 8:31 pm Orban has scored three goals this evening for Gent against Pogon Szczecin in an ongoing Europa Conference League match.
Good goals too.

"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Lolly wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2023 6:23 am
The Observer wrote: Wed Aug 09, 2023 8:31 pm Orban has scored three goals this evening for Gent against Pogon Szczecin in an ongoing Europa Conference League match.
Good goals too.

Moon moon teams dey Europa league? Good game but it was too easy.
OCCUPY NFF!!
onovo
Egg
Egg

Post by onovo »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2023 7:11 am
Good goals too.

He is maintained consistency in his scoring form though !
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2023 7:11 am
Good goals too.

Gift is a natural born scorer, imagine him in a team where loads of chances will come his way, he will top the goal scoring chart in Ligue 1 if he joins any of Lille or Lens.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Spurs and Bayern have agreed the KAne deal. Will Orban be heading to London?
SuperEagles

Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

SuperEagles

danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Bigpokey24 wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2023 2:29 pm Spurs and Bayern have agreed the KAne deal. Will Orban be heading to London?
Seems Tottenham wants David to replace Kane and Lille wants Orban to replace David.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

danfo driver wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2023 1:19 pm
Bigpokey24 wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2023 2:29 pm Spurs and Bayern have agreed the KAne deal. Will Orban be heading to London?
Seems Tottenham wants David to replace Kane and Lille wants Orban to replace David.
Well we know the history of Lille, If they sign Orban, i expect him to be grabbed by another club soon
SuperEagles

vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Lille will be better for his development. He would play every game.
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

vancity eagle wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2023 4:04 pm Lille will be better for his development. He would play every game.
Yep.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."