Three promising Stars for the Super Falcons

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

kendo
Egg
Egg
Three promising Stars for the Super Falcons

Post by kendo »

Let's hope they can live up to and beyond their potential 👍🏾

Last edited by kendo on Mon Aug 28, 2023 1:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Anyone that can fry 3 sets of plantain without putting any in their mouth can keep a secret.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: Three promising Stars for the Super Falcons

Post by Damunk »

kendo wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2023 12:13 pm Let's hope they can live up to and beyond their potential 👍🏾

Error.
Pls repost link.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
kendo
Egg
Egg

Post by kendo »

Thank you. Fixed
Anyone that can fry 3 sets of plantain without putting any in their mouth can keep a secret.
waka-man
Egg
Egg

Post by waka-man »

Thanks for posting. But it’s not a great video. The horrible AI voice-over makes it really hard to watch and content is really poorly edited (some of the videos have even been horizontally flipped).

But it’s the analysis that is so basics it’s bad. “She’s 5’ 6” which is a good height for a winger”…. That’s not really useful insight.

It’s also a really odd trio.

While Vicky Lopez could help make us better, Ijeh is not really at the SF’s standard. Ajikaye might get there one day but is surely not some revelation or big bet for us.

Thanks for sharing though. It all counts.
-------------------------------------------
MY NAME IS WAKA-MAN, and YES, I AM A CHELSEA FAN. Please don't hate me - I was fan when David Ellery dashed Cantona two penalties as Man U beat us 4-0 in the FA Cup final. So I've paid my dues.
waka-man
Egg
Egg

Post by waka-man »

Thanks for posting. But it’s not a great video. The horrible AI voice-over makes it really hard to watch and content is really poorly edited (some of the videos have even been horizontally flipped).

But it’s the analysis that is so basics it’s bad. “She’s 5’ 6” which is a good height for a winger”…. That’s not really useful insight.

While Vicky Lopez could help make us better, Ijeh is not really at the SF’s standard. Ajikaye might get there one day but is surely not some revelation or big bet for us.

MY NAME IS WAKA-MAN, and YES, I AM A CHELSEA FAN. Please don't hate me - I was fan when David Ellery dashed Cantona two penalties as Man U beat us 4-0 in the FA Cup final. So I've paid my dues.
waka-man
Egg
Egg

Post by waka-man »

Bell
Egg
Egg

Post by Bell »

AS FOR ME...

...I found it to be good info.
Bell
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

kendo wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2023 12:13 pm Let's hope they can live up to and beyond their potential 👍🏾

Don’t think we’ll get Vicky Lopez…

Of the other two, Ijeh (as well as her sister) stand an outside chance, while Ajakaye (with all her potential) is likely behind players like Flourish Sebastine and Esther Onyenezide in terms of becoming integrated into the Falcons main squad. The next U20 WWC will certainly be interesting as we are likely to see both Ajakaye and Flourish in the same Falconets’ team - plus the likes of Chinyere Kalu (the next Christy Uchiebe), the versatile Shukurat Oladipo (who can play as striker, midfielder, winger or central defender/sweeper), and the promising GK Chinyere Mgbechi.
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

Gotti wrote: Tue Aug 29, 2023 10:29 pm

Of the other two, Ijeh (as well as her sister) stand an outside chance, while Ajakaye (with all her potential) is likely behind players like Flourish Sebastine and Esther Onyenezide in terms of becoming integrated into the Falcons main squad. The next U20 WWC will certainly be interesting as we are likely to see both Ajakaye and Flourish in the same Falconets’ team - plus the likes of Chinyere Kalu (the next Christy Uchiebe), the versatile Shukurat Oladipo (who can play as striker, midfielder, winger or central defender/sweeper), and the promising GK Chinyere Mgbechi.
I think we can get Lopez. Oshoala is her teammate and Barca and she has said in the past she is open to playing for Nigeria. With the drama going on with the Spanish FA and its women's team i think Nigeria can take advantage of the situation. Its up to the NFF. Onyeka is also a possibility with again Oshoala as her teammate.
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Maybe because Ajakaiye is relatively young, I don’t see her hitting the SF for a few years yet with her skill set.
Her main asset in my opinion is her phenomenal acceleration and top speed. I’m not sure she’s above average in much else. But then, when I look at Onumonu, she’s pretty average and not even that fast.
So, who knows?

Vicky Lopez as you say will be a hard sell.
But boy, can she ball!
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

bret- hart wrote: Tue Aug 29, 2023 11:12 pm

I think we can get Lopez. Oshoala is her teammate and Barca and she has said in the past she is open to playing for Nigeria. With the drama going on with the Spanish FA and its women's team i think Nigeria can take advantage of the situation. Its up to the NFF. Onyeka is also a possibility with again Oshoala as her teammate.
Yes, she did, but this was when she was like 13,14 years of age.
Much has changed since then.
Like you, I am hoping that by some miracle she’ll be turned off by the shenanigans in Spanish women’s football at the moment and opt for Nigeria.
But it’s a long shot.
Very long.
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Piss poor agent Bret Fart, just because you try to use man know man to get junk players into the Super Eagles does not mean quality players like Lopez will fall for man know man or woman know woman in this case. Abeg go play for Israel...

The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

1naija wrote: Wed Aug 30, 2023 3:19 am Piss poor agent Bret Fart, just because you try to use man know man to get junk players into the Super Eagles does not mean quality players like Lopez will fall for man know man or woman know woman in this case. Abeg go play for Israel...

Excuse me pesant? Vicky was one of my 1st clients. Me and my consortium are working closely to get her to don the GWG....and when she does my MON award will be waiting for me just like you are waiting outside a food bank because you are a broke arse loser. :glare:
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
kendo
Egg
Egg

Post by kendo »

Hoping that we get V.Lopez and she does wonders for us.

Also, though not mentioned in the video, Onyenezide is one I thought can grow and be a key player in the Falcons. Wherever she is I hope she developing. Too many stars at youth level burn brightly for a while and then fade out.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

I think Ms. Oshoala is in a better position of getting Ms. Lopez for us; therefore, the former should be given the task now. However, I believe they both have discussed the topic several times already.
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

kendo wrote: Wed Aug 30, 2023 11:21 am Hoping that we get V.Lopez and she does wonders for us.

Also, though not mentioned in the video, Onyenezide is one I thought can grow and be a key player in the Falcons. Wherever she is I hope she developing. Too many stars at youth level burn brightly for a while and then fade out.
:thumb: :thumb: :thumb:
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Odas wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2023 5:41 am I think Ms. Oshoala is in a better position of getting Ms. Lopez for us; therefore, the former should be given the task now. However, I believe they both have discussed the topic several times already.
One would assume Oshoala is already talking to the girl but let's be honest, the NFF doesn't make it easy for established national stars to convince young duals to commit to Nigeria.
Oshoala will still have to explain delayed and unpaid allowances, bad pitches and limited training facilities.
Let's hope that 'bad kisses' is enough to put the young Lopez off any Spanish advances. :D
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Damunk wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2023 10:19 am
Odas wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2023 5:41 am I think Ms. Oshoala is in a better position of getting Ms. Lopez for us; therefore, the former should be given the task now. However, I believe they both have discussed the topic several times already.
One would assume Oshoala is already talking to the girl but let's be honest, the NFF doesn't make it easy for established national stars to convince young duals to commit to Nigeria.
Oshoala will still have to explain delayed and unpaid allowances, bad pitches and limited training facilities.
Let's hope that 'bad kisses' is enough to put the young Lopez off any Spanish advances. :D
Agree! Certainly a tough position for Ms. Oshoala to be in. However, part of our success in having Ms. Lopez play for us, is Ms. Lopez herself.

By that, I mean she must have the intention to play for us, else no matter the push by Oshoala and all, we could be wasting our time
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

SIGNED.

The Lopez opportunity is just a pipe dream.. The chance of it happening is less than 5%, Oshoala or no Oshoala. Take that to the bank. There is nothing that would point to such a player making the decision to represent Nigeria. Not a chance. She is currently superskilled and Spain just did what? Win the World Cup! So why would such a Spanish talent choose Nigeria? Not a chance. I can see that happening if she was not super skilled and thus is concerned about getting the opportunity to represent Spain. Second, even if the opportunity was slim, she most likely will still pick Spain over Nigeria given issues of environmental comfort and familiarity.

As for the others, let's hope they will be at their peak soon especially Ajakaiye.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Enugu II wrote: Wed Sep 06, 2023 6:41 pm

SIGNED.

The Lopez opportunity is just a pipe dream.. The chance of it happening is less than 5%, Oshoala or no Oshoala. Take that to the bank. There is nothing that would point to such a player making the decision to represent Nigeria. Not a chance. She is currently superskilled and Spain just did what? Win the World Cup! So why would such a Spanish talent choose Nigeria? Not a chance. I can see that happening if she was not super skilled and thus is concerned about getting the opportunity to represent Spain. Second, even if the opportunity was slim, she most likely will still pick Spain over Nigeria given issues of environmental comfort and familiarity.

As for the others, let's hope they will be at their peak soon especially Ajakaiye.

Disagree. Spain is currently in a mess.

The real problem is not Spain but the NFF.

If we were organized we would have Mercy Akide as CEO of the Falcons and task her with something like this...
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

txj wrote: Wed Sep 06, 2023 7:35 pmDisagree. Spain is currently in a mess.

If we were organized we would have Mercy Akide as CEO of the Falcons and task her with something like this...
Spain was even more of a “mess” BEFORE the WWC (with 15 players quitting the team)…
Even though it still proceeded to win the WC (all the more remarkable after a 0-4 opening game loss).

I suppose “mess” is a relative term, but apart from the above-referenced players quitting in a futile attempt to have the coach fired, there were similarly degrees of turmoil between several female national teams and their federations in the run up to the WWC, including England, Canada, Denmark, France, South Africa, etc. Even the US female team previously clashed with the USSF (culminating in an on-field protest), so Spain’s current “mess” (which is really about one man) is not remarkable enough to swing the pendulum of Vicky’s choice towards Nigeria - even if the NFF was a first-rate organization (which it isn’t).

Reality is that, for football, commercial, marketability, etc., reasons, Spain is a much better and more rational choice for someone with a Spanish dad born and raised in Spain (and who’s only nexus with Nigeria is one parent). To be brutally honest, the only way we get Lopez is if her form dramatically drops off or for some other reason Spain elects not to cap her at the senior level. Otherwise, we can appoint her Nigerian mom as CEO of the Falcons, and it wouldn’t make a difference!
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

txj wrote: Wed Sep 06, 2023 7:35 pm
Enugu II wrote: Wed Sep 06, 2023 6:41 pm

SIGNED.

Disagree. Spain is currently in a mess.

Txj

Well you stated it - when is the NFF not in a mess? Moreover, see the advantages Soain provides as identified by Gotti. This is a no brainer. See also the socialization points i mentioned earlier and those are far more critical than state of an FA. Nigeria just does not contest when it comes to such a superior talent.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics