Awoniyi Injured.

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

bushboy
Eaglet
Eaglet
Awoniyi Injured.

Post by bushboy »

Apparently is out for a month with a groin injury.
I think Akor Adams should be called as replacement.
Bushboy's bushmen : 1.Isaac Success 2. Terem Moffi 3. Victor Boniface 4. Samuel Omorodion. 5. Samson Tijani. 6. Rafiu Durosinmi.
Who will be next?
olu
Egg
Egg
Re: Awoniyi Injured.

Post by olu »

Or Gift Orban
niyi
Egg
Egg

Post by niyi »

olu wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2023 7:18 pmOr Gift Orban
So out of form and possibly playing through some injury too.
Ona t'Olorun ngba soro
lati se ise re
ona re enikan ko mo
awamaridi ni!
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

We still have Moffi, Vic, Boniface and Nacho as strikers. No need to call a striker. If call a new mf of CD instead.
OCCUPY NFF!!
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

I wish him speedy recovery.

The injury has neutral effect on the SE. With 2 goals in over 500 minutes, it means he scores once in nearly 3 games. Therefore there is very high probability he would not have scored anyway.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
waka-man
Egg
Egg

Post by waka-man »

1naija wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2023 8:36 pm I wish him speedy recovery.

The injury has neutral effect on the SE. With 2 goals in over 500 minutes, it means he scores once in nearly 3 games. Therefore there is very high probability he would not have scored anyway.
For this your mathematics to get full marks you need show your workings, including the weightings you gave the various factors you used in working out your probability.

Until then na incomplete I go give you for this exam.
-------------------------------------------
MY NAME IS WAKA-MAN, and YES, I AM A CHELSEA FAN. Please don't hate me - I was fan when David Ellery dashed Cantona two penalties as Man U beat us 4-0 in the FA Cup final. So I've paid my dues.
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

:rotf: :rotf:

It's based on data from proprietary analytical software developed by the master statistician, 1naija the great.
waka-man wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2023 8:53 pm

For this your mathematics to get full marks you need show your workings, including the weightings you gave the various factors you used in working out your probability.

bushboy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bushboy »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2023 7:51 pm We still have Moffi, Vic, Boniface and Nacho as strikers. No need to call a striker. If call a new mf of CD instead.
We had all of those, but still called Awoniyi, so what's your point? Akor is in great form. I think he deserves the opportunity. Especially in friendly games.
Bushboy's bushmen : 1.Isaac Success 2. Terem Moffi 3. Victor Boniface 4. Samuel Omorodion. 5. Samson Tijani. 6. Rafiu Durosinmi.
Who will be next?
Ugbowo
Egg
Egg

Post by Ugbowo »

I'd call Orban or Dessers. We know Peseiro is also monitoring Akpom. Might be tough for Akpom because he is currently going through it in Amsterdam.

Akor is not ready yet.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Ugbowo wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2023 10:59 pm I'd call Orban or Dessers. We know Peseiro is also monitoring Akpom. Might be tough for Akpom because he is currently going through it in Amsterdam.

Akor is not ready yet.
Last edited by Enugu II on Sat Oct 07, 2023 11:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
niyi
Egg
Egg

Post by niyi »

Ugbowo wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2023 10:59 pm I'd call Orban or Dessers. We know Peseiro is also monitoring Akpom. Might be tough for Akpom because he is currently going through it in Amsterdam.

Akor is not ready yet.
Honest question. How is Orban, 0 goals since August; Dessers, 3 goals in 14 games this season, and Akpom anymore ready than Akor? Out of the three players he has the best stats and plays at the highest level.
Last edited by niyi on Sat Oct 07, 2023 11:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ona t'Olorun ngba soro
lati se ise re
ona re enikan ko mo
awamaridi ni!
bushboy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bushboy »

Akor is not ready yet.
Dessers who is barely scoring in the Scottish league or Akpom who is yet to start a single game for Ajax are both more ready than a kid scoring regularly in ligue 1? Hmmm...ok.
Who will be next?
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

Akor is not ready yet.
Akor is the most consistent out of those names you mentioned, Dessers is literally rubbish in Scotland and like Onuachu is at best a fringe player.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Tobi17 wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2023 11:29 pm

Akor is not ready yet.
Akor is the most consistent out of those names you mentioned, Dessers is literally rubbish in Scotland and like Onuachu is at best a fringe player.
Akor is of little value now because he doesn’t play a position of need. Even if he scores 20 goals in France he will not necessarily make SE a better team. A new 2 way MF, AM,GK, or CD are the only positions that can improve the team. No shade on his accomplishments but it’s true.
OCCUPY NFF!!
waka-man
Egg
Egg

Post by waka-man »

Ah na so you for tok.
Very acceptable data source.
A+ for you.
1naija wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2023 9:27 pm :rotf: :rotf:

It's based on data from proprietary analytical software developed by the master statistician, 1naija the great.
waka-man wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2023 8:53 pm

-------------------------------------------
MY NAME IS WAKA-MAN, and YES, I AM A CHELSEA FAN. Please don't hate me - I was fan when David Ellery dashed Cantona two penalties as Man U beat us 4-0 in the FA Cup final. So I've paid my dues.
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

We need to call a goalkeeper to replace the injured Awoniyi. We don't need another average striker that will likely not see the pitch ever. We need a goalie desperately. No person playing in the Israeli League should ever play for Nigeria. Those days are gone.
Ugbowo
Egg
Egg

Post by Ugbowo »

bushboy wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2023 11:21 pm

Akor is not ready yet.
Dessers who is barely scoring in the Scottish league or Akpom who is yet to start a single game for Ajax are both more ready than a kid scoring regularly in ligue 1? Hmmm...ok.
I know Sadiq has been called up who has even worse stats than the aforementioned but my reason for shunning Akor was because of a lack of top flight exposure sans the few games in the Ligue 1 this season and his rapid rise in Norway last season. He has a body of work that is not enough to warrant a call up at this time especially in an area that is not of need for the SE.

Gift has been called up but injury prevented him from playing, he should be given a second chance. Dessers played last summer and did well and is playing consistently for Rangers. It is time to bring him back for a look in. Akpom was mentioned by the coach on the back of his superb season last season. I said he was struggling so I didnt advocate for him.
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

Ugbowo wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 4:15 pm
bushboy wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2023 11:21 pm

Akor is not ready yet.
I know Sadiq has been called up who has even worse stats than the aforementioned but my reason for shunning Akor was because of a lack of top flight exposure sans the few games in the Ligue 1 this season and his rapid rise in Norway last season. He has a body of work that is not enough to warrant a call up at this time especially in an area that is not of need for the SE.

Gift has been called up but injury prevented him from playing, he should be given a second chance. Dessers played last summer and did well and is playing consistently for Rangers. It is time to bring him back for a look in. Akpom was mentioned by the coach on the back of his superb season last season. I said he was struggling so I didnt advocate for him.
Gift Orbans case might be somewhat more complicated than we know, several Nigeria sport media outlets are reporting the Togolese FA corresponded with the NFF about putting a stop to inviting Orban to the NT cause he's Togolese and has been in contact with them before. If that's true then I don't see a scene where Gift gets called up to the SE at least for now.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Orban would be eligible for both Nigeria and Togo, and it is HIS CHOICE, so how on earth would Togo be able to stop him. Makes no sense.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

1naija wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2023 7:09 pm We need to call a goalkeeper to replace the injured Awoniyi. We don't need another average striker that will likely not see the pitch ever. We need a goalie desperately. No person playing in the Israeli League should ever play for Nigeria. Those days are gone.

Do u have a goalie in mind that can play for Nigeria?
OCCUPY NFF!!
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Any goalkeeper in the NPFL is better than the Israeli league basket.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 9:25 pm
1naija wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2023 7:09 pm We need to call a goalkeeper to replace the injured Awoniyi. We don't need another average striker that will likely not see the pitch ever. We need a goalie desperately. No person playing in the Israeli League should ever play for Nigeria. Those days are gone.

Do u have a goalie in mind that can play for Nigeria?