For the first time.....The Feeling of an AFCON Victory Beckons...Today, it was exposed.

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

joao
Egg
Egg
Re: For the first time.....The Feeling of an AFCON Victory Beckons...Today, it was exposed.

Post by joao »

Robotnik wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2023 9:22 pm I have seen what I wanted to see from this friendly.

This team is not ready end of story.

There is no purpose to their football. Poor decisions all over. No game management

They have the ingredients to be one of the best at Afcon, but with a poor goal keeper it's probably not going to happen.
Thanks Bro., for stating the facts.
I cannot believe the simple errors on display at a senior team level.
Lack of focus, ball control, and ability to make a quick simple pass.
What about unnecessary caressing and dribbling which enables the
opposing defense to regroup?
Finally, that Saudi equalizer freekick says much about defending and tossing victory.
"We now live in a nation where doctors destroy health, lawyers destroy justice, universities destroy knowledge,
governments destroy freedom, the press destroys information, religion destroys morals, and our banks destroy the economy.”

― Chris Hedges
sabb
Egg
Egg
Re: For the first time.....The Feeling of an AFCON Victory Beckons...Today, it was exposed.

Post by sabb »

Robotnik wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2023 9:22 pm I have seen what I wanted to see from this friendly.

There is no purpose to their football. Poor decisions all over. No game management

They have the ingredients to be one of the best at Afcon, but with a poor goal keeper it's probably not going to happen.
it is that simple really
lets see what the next game brings
we still need more bodies in midfield and less strikers playing
To d Super Eagles - there's no limit to wot can be accomplished when nobody cares who gets the credit (ucb)
speech is ma hammer bang d world into shape - mos def
A win is a win, whether u win by an inch or by a mile - Dominic Toretto
life without knowledge is death in disguise - talib kweli
sabb
Egg
Egg

Post by sabb »

it is that simple really
To d Super Eagles - there's no limit to wot can be accomplished when nobody cares who gets the credit (ucb)
sabb
Egg
Egg

Post by sabb »

it is that simple really
sabb
Egg
Egg

Post by sabb »

it is that simple really
sabb
Egg
Egg

Post by sabb »

it is that simple really
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

sabb wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2023 12:55 pm

it is that simple really
We heard you the first time.
….and the second time.
…and the third, fourth, fifth….
:arrow:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
kawawa
Egg
Egg

Post by kawawa »

When will we see Jordan?
bamenda boy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bamenda boy »

Damunk wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2023 11:34 am
bamenda boy wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2023 2:09 am You'll be disappointed as usual. But sure why y'all always think that other teams will just lay there and wait for Nigeria to walk over them.
Where did you get that from?
Selective reading.
If you find us complaining it is because we know we can do better.
That’s the general Nigerian way which the rest of Subsaharan Africa would do well to adopt.
Doctor Damunkey😛 have you forgotten that some of us have been here on your board for more than 25 years and we know the sentiments? Lol
Only two things in life are certain - death and taxes. But there is one other unpleasant certainty: criticism. No one escapes it entirely and often our careers, our emotional stability, even our happiness depends on how we react to it."By Benjamin Franklin"
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

bamenda boy wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2023 11:55 pm
bamenda boy wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2023 2:09 am You'll be disappointed as usual. But sure why y'all always think that other teams will just lay there and wait for Nigeria to walk over them.
Selective reading.
That’s the general Nigerian way which the rest of Subsaharan Africa would do well to adopt.
Doctor Damunkey😛 have you forgotten that some of us have been here on your board for more than 25 years and we know the sentiments? Lol
bamendaboy,

Do you expect us to be hyping Cameroon? No way..... This is a site for Super Eagles and we know when our team is good enough to take on the rest of the continent and GET THJE TASK DONE. Clearly, for us, we are there excepting a goalkeeping and one or two blending issues. BTW, Nigeria is not concerned about the likes of Cameroon to be clear.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

Enugu II wrote: Sun Oct 15, 2023 2:26 am
Selective reading.
bamendaboy,

Do you expect us to be hyping Cameroon? No way..... This is a site for Super Eagles and we know when our team is good enough to take on the rest of the continent and GET THJE TASK DONE. Clearly, for us, we are there excepting a goalkeeping and one or two blending issues. BTW, Nigeria is not concerned about the likes of Cameroon to be clear.
Exactly. Cameroon, for me isn't a fear.
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

Selective reading.
Fans have sentiments. Often our "sentiment" is that our team is not good enough. At other times, our "sentiment" is that we can do well. How does that translate to saying that other teams will lay down for us? Clearly, you only want negativity from us.
leftee
Egg
Egg

Post by leftee »

What's up with Gift Orban?
"If You Need a Helping Hand, You'll Find One at the End of Your Arm"
bamenda boy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bamenda boy »

Enugu II wrote: Sun Oct 15, 2023 2:26 am
Selective reading.
bamendaboy,

How did Cameruin come into this matter? Have you not realized that most of us no longer care like we used to?
Only two things in life are certain - death and taxes. But there is one other unpleasant certainty: criticism. No one escapes it entirely and often our careers, our emotional stability, even our happiness depends on how we react to it."By Benjamin Franklin"
bamenda boy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bamenda boy »

aruako1 wrote: Sun Oct 15, 2023 11:53 am
Selective reading.
Fans have sentiments. Often our "sentiment" is that our team is not good enough. At other times, our "sentiment" is that we can do well. How does that translate to saying that other teams will lay down for us? Clearly, you only want negativity from us.
Like I said, I have been on this board for about 25 years going back to our days at ezboards. For some reason, y'all always think you'll just walk over any team.
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

bamenda boy wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2023 12:55 am
Selective reading.
Like I said, I have been on this board for about 25 years going back to our days at ezboards. For some reason, y'all always think you'll just walk over any team.
Given the undeniable depth of our talent, we should… but it’s not all about raw talent alone. There are other, sometimes, intangible factors that come into play which inhibit our ability to win. Don’t hold it against us if we feel, based on the available talent, that we have a good chance of winning any game🤔❗️

Cheers.
scholl
Egg
Egg

Post by scholl »

Selective reading.
:laugh: true talk my brother.
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

Selective reading.
We don't always think we will walk over any team. We always feel that if we play well, we can go beat any team and our record supports that feeling. But the vast majority of posters do not feel that we will beat any team easily. See for example, the WC qualifying group thread - we are rated higher than the other teams in the group but the overwhelming position is caution.

Your aim is to set up a narrative of overconfidence so that you can come and mock us if we don't win the AFCON. I'm not sure why you feel it is necessary. Just mock us if we lose...we are big boys and we will survive.