Nigeria 3 Mozambique 2 Live

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Nigeria 3 Mozambique 2 Live

Post by vancity eagle »

Aribo was one of the better players today.

For all the haters.

Moffi was very poor IMO , he missed 2 golden opportunities to score and his passing and understanding with team mates was poor.

Onyeka was good. Simon also one of the better players along with Samuel.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

olu wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2023 6:39 pm You do realize he missed almost all of last season due to an ACL injury. He is still very match rusty and will take some time to get his sharpness and fitness back. He's a quality striker, however, I think it was too early to recall him. Btw, I thought we played quite well in the second half, minus failing to convert chances.
maceo4 wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2023 6:34 pm
airwolex wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2023 6:05 pm That was an atrocious second half. Very worrying. I never like Sadiq but he is even worse than I can remember.
Sadiq was horrible…like wow how is this an international level player!?
Everybody on the forum knows that, I’m fact I was watching live when he hurt himself. But what does your comment have to do with how poorly he played? If he’s not good enough for the NT he shouldn’t be called to the NT till he is. You are explaining why he was poor as if that matters, he was poor and not deserving of a spot on the team until he shows otherwise. Nobody really cares about the reasons why…only that is he useful to the NT right now or no? Answer is a resounding No, hopefully he can work his way back over the course of the season, but right now…nahhh bruh stay far away…
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

olu wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2023 6:39 pm You do realize he missed almost all of last season due to an ACL injury. He is still very match rusty and will take some time to get his sharpness and fitness back. He's a quality striker, however, I think it was too early to recall him. Btw, I thought we played quite well in the second half, minus failing to convert chances.
airwolex wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2023 6:05 pm That was an atrocious second half. Very worrying. I never like Sadiq but he is even worse than I can remember.
Everybody on the forum knows that, I’m fact I was watching live when he hurt himself. But what does your comment have to do with how poorly he played? If he’s not good enough for the NT he shouldn’t be called to the NT till he is. You are explaining why he was poor as if that matters, he was poor and not deserving of a spot on the team until he shows otherwise. Nobody really cares about the reasons why…only that is he useful to the NT right now or no? Answer is a resounding No, hopefully he can work his way back over the course of the season, but right now…nahhh bruh stay far away…
Super Eagus 4 Life!
niyi
Egg
Egg

Post by niyi »

maceo4 wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2023 7:27 pm [quote=olu post_id=<chrome_annotation data-index="0" data-data="YnBsaXN0MDDUAQIDBAUGBwpYJHZlcnNpb25ZJGFyY2hpdmVyVCR0b3BYJG9iamVjdHMSAAGGoF8QD05TS2V5ZWRBcmNoaXZlctEICVRyb290gAGmCwwXGBkaVSRudWxs0w0ODxATFldOUy5rZXlzWk5TLm9iamVjdHNWJGNsYXNzohESgAKAA6ISFYADgASABVR0eXBlW3Bob25lTnVtYmVyVzU5MTg5NzLSGxwdHlokY2xhc3NuYW1lWCRjbGFzc2VzXxATTlNNdXRhYmxlRGljdGlvbmFyeaMdHyBcTlNEaWN0aW9uYXJ5WE5TT2JqZWN0CBEaJCkyN0lMUVNaYGdveoGEhoiLjY+RlqKqr7rD2d3qAAAAAAAAAQEAAAAAAAAAIQAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAPM=" data-annotation="5918972" data-type="PHONE_NUMBER" role="link" style="border-bottom-width: 1px; border-bottom-style: solid; border-bottom-color: rgb(51, 51, 51);">5918972</chrome_annotation> time=<chrome_annotation data-index="1" data-data="YnBsaXN0MDDUAQIDBAUGBwpYJHZlcnNpb25ZJGFyY2hpdmVyVCR0b3BYJG9iamVjdHMSAAGGoF8QD05TS2V5ZWRBcmNoaXZlctEICVRyb290gAGmCwwXGBkaVSRudWxs0w0ODxATFldOUy5rZXlzWk5TLm9iamVjdHNWJGNsYXNzohESgAKAA6ISFYADgASABVR0eXBlW3Bob25lTnVtYmVyWjE2OTc0Nzc5NTbSGxwdHlokY2xhc3NuYW1lWCRjbGFzc2VzXxATTlNNdXRhYmxlRGljdGlvbmFyeaMdHyBcTlNEaWN0aW9uYXJ5WE5TT2JqZWN0CBEaJCkyN0lMUVNaYGdveoGEhoiLjY+RlqKtsr3G3ODtAAAAAAAAAQEAAAAAAAAAIQAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAPY=" data-annotation="1697477956" data-type="PHONE_NUMBER" role="link" style="border-bottom-width: 1px; border-bottom-style: solid; border-bottom-color: rgb(51, 51, 51);">1697477956</chrome_annotation> user_id=502]
You do realize he missed almost all of last season due to an ACL injury. He is still very match rusty and will take some time to get his sharpness and fitness back. He's a quality striker, however, I think it was too early to recall him. Btw, I thought we played quite well in the second half, minus failing to convert chances.

[quote=maceo4 post_id=<chrome_annotation data-index="2" data-data="YnBsaXN0MDDUAQIDBAUGBwpYJHZlcnNpb25ZJGFyY2hpdmVyVCR0b3BYJG9iamVjdHMSAAGGoF8QD05TS2V5ZWRBcmNoaXZlctEICVRyb290gAGmCwwXGBkaVSRudWxs0w0ODxATFldOUy5rZXlzWk5TLm9iamVjdHNWJGNsYXNzohESgAKAA6ISFYADgASABVR0eXBlW3Bob25lTnVtYmVyVzU5MTg5NjjSGxwdHlokY2xhc3NuYW1lWCRjbGFzc2VzXxATTlNNdXRhYmxlRGljdGlvbmFyeaMdHyBcTlNEaWN0aW9uYXJ5WE5TT2JqZWN0CBEaJCkyN0lMUVNaYGdveoGEhoiLjY+RlqKqr7rD2d3qAAAAAAAAAQEAAAAAAAAAIQAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAPM=" data-annotation="5918968" data-type="PHONE_NUMBER" role="link" style="border-bottom-width: 1px; border-bottom-style: solid; border-bottom-color: rgb(51, 51, 51);">5918968</chrome_annotation> time=<chrome_annotation data-index="3" data-data="YnBsaXN0MDDUAQIDBAUGBwpYJHZlcnNpb25ZJGFyY2hpdmVyVCR0b3BYJG9iamVjdHMSAAGGoF8QD05TS2V5ZWRBcmNoaXZlctEICVRyb290gAGmCwwXGBkaVSRudWxs0w0ODxATFldOUy5rZXlzWk5TLm9iamVjdHNWJGNsYXNzohESgAKAA6ISFYADgASABVR0eXBlW3Bob25lTnVtYmVyWjE2OTc0Nzc2NDjSGxwdHlokY2xhc3NuYW1lWCRjbGFzc2VzXxATTlNNdXRhYmxlRGljdGlvbmFyeaMdHyBcTlNEaWN0aW9uYXJ5WE5TT2JqZWN0CBEaJCkyN0lMUVNaYGdveoGEhoiLjY+RlqKtsr3G3ODtAAAAAAAAAQEAAAAAAAAAIQAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAPY=" data-annotation="1697477648" data-type="PHONE_NUMBER" role="link" style="border-bottom-width: 1px; border-bottom-style: solid; border-bottom-color: rgb(51, 51, 51);">1697477648</chrome_annotation> user_id=287]
[quote=airwolex post_id=<chrome_annotation data-index="4" data-data="YnBsaXN0MDDUAQIDBAUGBwpYJHZlcnNpb25ZJGFyY2hpdmVyVCR0b3BYJG9iamVjdHMSAAGGoF8QD05TS2V5ZWRBcmNoaXZlctEICVRyb290gAGmCwwXGBkaVSRudWxs0w0ODxATFldOUy5rZXlzWk5TLm9iamVjdHNWJGNsYXNzohESgAKAA6ISFYADgASABVR0eXBlW3Bob25lTnVtYmVyVzU5MTg5NTbSGxwdHlokY2xhc3NuYW1lWCRjbGFzc2VzXxATTlNNdXRhYmxlRGljdGlvbmFyeaMdHyBcTlNEaWN0aW9uYXJ5WE5TT2JqZWN0CBEaJCkyN0lMUVNaYGdveoGEhoiLjY+RlqKqr7rD2d3qAAAAAAAAAQEAAAAAAAAAIQAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAPM=" data-annotation="5918956" data-type="PHONE_NUMBER" role="link" style="border-bottom-width: 1px; border-bottom-style: solid; border-bottom-color: rgb(51, 51, 51);">5918956</chrome_annotation> time=<chrome_annotation data-index="5" data-data="YnBsaXN0MDDUAQIDBAUGBwpYJHZlcnNpb25ZJGFyY2hpdmVyVCR0b3BYJG9iamVjdHMSAAGGoF8QD05TS2V5ZWRBcmNoaXZlctEICVRyb290gAGmCwwXGBkaVSRudWxs0w0ODxATFldOUy5rZXlzWk5TLm9iamVjdHNWJGNsYXNzohESgAKAA6ISFYADgASABVR0eXBlW3Bob25lTnVtYmVyWjE2OTc0NzU5NDLSGxwdHlokY2xhc3NuYW1lWCRjbGFzc2VzXxATTlNNdXRhYmxlRGljdGlvbmFyeaMdHyBcTlNEaWN0aW9uYXJ5WE5TT2JqZWN0CBEaJCkyN0lMUVNaYGdveoGEhoiLjY+RlqKtsr3G3ODtAAAAAAAAAQEAAAAAAAAAIQAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAPY=" data-annotation="1697475942" data-type="PHONE_NUMBER" role="link" style="border-bottom-width: 1px; border-bottom-style: solid; border-bottom-color: rgb(51, 51, 51);">1697475942</chrome_annotation> user_id=1026]
That was an atrocious second half. Very worrying. I never like Sadiq but he is even worse than I can remember.
[/quote]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Some players are so good when they’re in form that you keep then around when they’re grossly out of form. Sadiq is not one of those players and was only called up to replace Awoniyi. He has likely played himself out of the team with this performance.
Ona t'Olorun ngba soro
lati se ise re
ona re enikan ko mo
awamaridi ni!
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

maceo4 wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2023 7:27 pm

Part of working his way back is him being in the 2nd team for evaluation.
He is invited cus he's proven his quality; the rest will come with time, be it in his club or the SE, if he's selected.

He's a different kind of stiker from what we have and a direct competitor with Awoniyi.
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Part of working his way back is him being in the 2nd team for evaluation.
He is invited cus he's proven his quality; the rest will come with time, be it in his club or the SE, if he's selected.

He's a different kind of stiker from what we have and a direct competitor with Awoniyi.
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

The game I watched, Sadiq has 3 easy 1v1 chances and all he needed to do was just SHOOT...somehow he clumsily fell over the ball on those occasions and got dispossessed. That's not a post injury match issue, that's just shockingly abysmal technique from a supposed professional footballer. I understand he was a quick stop-gap call up replacement for Awoniyi but gaddamn, the brother is beyond bad right now and really needs time to pick up the pace. Akor Adams- a much better player in decent form strangely enough wasn't called up (another Peseiro brainless gaffe). But in all the purpose of both friendlies was copiously served:

We now know rubbish players like Uzoho, Sadiq and to some probatory extent Aribo/Chukwueze have no place in this team for now.
olu
Egg
Egg

Post by olu »

I was responding to your comment, "....how is this an international level player." He's an international level player that should be recalled when he regains form and fitness.
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

I don't care if he, Sadiq, is coming off an injury or not he was terrible. He should not be in the squad.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

olu wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2023 7:40 pm I was responding to your comment, "....how is this an international level player." He's an international level player that should be recalled when he regains form and fitness.
Until he regains form he’s no longer a NT level player at least not for Nigeria. Just because you have been called before doesn’t automatically make you a NT level striker esp when there are much better options. Guys like Isaac Success are no longer NT level players…he seems to be going in that direction. And I sympathize with his injury and recovery process also I was his fan prior but the way he couldn’t control the ball properly on 1v1s to even get a shot away on more than 3 occasions tells me this guy is not at the caliber to be on our NT at the moment. He was shockingly poor IMO…I mean these things are the basics, they put you through on goal and you miscontrol on 3 different occasions? Sometimes controlling backwards? Then Boniface comes in and can immediately control and score (though offsides) the same kind of pass…Also, in the previous game Kelechi gave him an inch perfect cross and I don’t even know what he was trying to do he clumsily flung his body and completely missed the ball. He’s just not good enough until he can prove otherwise. It’s not like prior to his injury he was lighting it up with the SE…he was still just a bit part player…and now after his injury he’s even less of one…
Super Eagus 4 Life!
MAIDABOI
Egg
Egg

Post by MAIDABOI »

airwolex wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2023 7:45 pm I don't care if he, Sadiq, is coming off an injury or not he was terrible. He should not be in the squad.
Simple
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Tobi17 wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2023 7:38 pm
The game I watched, Sadiq has 3 easy 1v1 chances and all he needed to do was just SHOOT...somehow he clumsily fell over the ball on those occasions and got dispossessed. That's not a post injury match issue, that's just shockingly abysmal technique from a supposed professional footballer. I understand he was a quick stop-gap call up replacement for Awoniyi but gaddamn, the brother is beyond bad right now and really needs time to pick up the pace. Akor Adams- a much better player in decent form strangely enough wasn't called up (another Peseiro brainless gaffe). But in all the purpose of both friendlies was copiously served:

We now know rubbish players like Uzoho, Sadiq and to some probatory extent Aribo/Chukwueze have no place in this team for now.
one of those chances was Boniface, not Sadiq.
Sheikh
Egg
Egg

Post by Sheikh »

waka-man wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2023 6:50 pm I think Peserio learnt a lot over these two games.
He has a set-up that allows his team to dominate mid-leave sides like Saudi and Moz. the 4-4-2 that becomes a 4-3-3 or 4-1-3-2 depending on which wing we're attacking from is working really well, at least for these level of teams. But because it is so fluid and brings the best our of Ndidi in particular, I think you can adapt it to teams that will press us harder.
The midfield is so much better than advertised and in Ndidi, Iwobi and Onyeka he has a solid core.
The attack creates enough chances to put teams away.
He has options at full back: Aina, Zanusi, Bruno and Osayi offer real competition if fit.
In Osimhen, Boniface, Moffi and presumably Awoniyi, our attack is set.
Work to do on the wide forwards. Lookman and Simon are probably the incumbents, but Iheanacho probably warrants consideration even if that demand a tweak to the shape.
Jordan T will probably challenge Ajayi for a place alongside

And he should also be clear who is taking up space:
Uzoho, Ebuehi, Aribo, Sadiq don't have any business in the team. Put a fork in them; they're done.
Samu is so short of confidence he probably belongs on the bench. I'm tempted to say the same about Ajayi.

But overall, as a step towards preparing for the Afcon, it was a useful exercise and Peseiro has performed better than expected. I mean, he's not Guardiola (heck, he ain't even Keshi), but I think he'll do.
Totally agree with your assessment. Certain players are clearly far below the levels of others, and would simply unfairly undeservedly make SE lose games. The clear cases are Uzoho, Aribo and Sadiq.

For goalie, at this desperate time (with Adeleye and Okoye not inspiring) the coach could try Stanley Nwabili at Chippa United in a friendly.

In defense, I am not sold on Omeruo (though I think he had an OK game today) and I am not sure about Tourunariga. Ajayi does not seem at the level of the others, Our only OK center halves are Bassey and Awaziem. The coach should try Igoh Ogbu for right centre half.

The central midfield is taking shape in Ndidi, Onyeka, Onyedika (I thought he was solid and assuring today in front of the defense) and Iwobi. The wide forwards are giving some doubts, and I wonder why the coach persists with a 2 wide forwards formation since we are not strong enough in that area. If he must he could go with Moses and Lookman (I am not convinced about him though). Chukwueze is clearly out of form, and Fisayo is not at the level required. The coach should give Tella a chance. Playing two wide forwards is a waste (escpecially since ours are not the best) and creates space in the middle. We are better off with 3 versatile/box to box midfelders. We have very capable full backs to cover the wide spaces (Osayi, Aina, Bruno and Sanusi).

Kelechi should definitely be in the squad as a right sided support to the strikers, but not sure he is a starter.

For Strikers, it is more or less set with Osimhen, Boniface, Awoniyi and Moffi.

Please Coach, no Musa or Ekong again!
Sheikh
Egg
Egg

Post by Sheikh »

waka-man wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2023 6:50 pm I think Peserio learnt a lot over these two games.
He has a set-up that allows his team to dominate mid-leave sides like Saudi and Moz. the 4-4-2 that becomes a 4-3-3 or 4-1-3-2 depending on which wing we're attacking from is working really well, at least for these level of teams. But because it is so fluid and brings the best our of Ndidi in particular, I think you can adapt it to teams that will press us harder.
The midfield is so much better than advertised and in Ndidi, Iwobi and Onyeka he has a solid core.
He has options at full back: Aina, Zanusi, Bruno and Osayi offer real competition if fit.
Work to do on the wide forwards. Lookman and Simon are probably the incumbents, but Iheanacho probably warrants consideration even if that demand a tweak to the shape.

Uzoho, Ebuehi, Aribo, Sadiq don't have any business in the team. Put a fork in them; they're done.
Samu is so short of confidence he probably belongs on the bench. I'm tempted to say the same about Ajayi.

But overall, as a step towards preparing for the Afcon, it was a useful exercise and Peseiro has performed better than expected. I mean, he's not Guardiola (heck, he ain't even Keshi), but I think he'll do.
Totally agree with your assessment. Certain players are clearly far below the levels of others, and would simply unfairly undeservedly make SE lose games. The clear cases are Uzoho, Aribo and Sadiq.

For goalie, at this desperate time (with Adeleye and Okoye not inspiring) the coach could try Stanley Nwabili at Chippa United in a friendly.

In defense, I am not sold on Omeruo (though I think he had an OK game today) and I am not sure about Tourunariga. Ajayi does not seem at the level of the others, Our only OK center halves are Bassey and Awaziem. The coach should try Igoh Ogbu for right centre half.

The central midfield is taking shape in Ndidi, Onyeka, Onyedika (I thought he was solid and assuring today in front of the defense) and Iwobi. The wide forwards are giving some doubts, and I wonder why the coach persists with a 2 wide forwards formation since we are not strong enough in that area. If he must he could go with Moses and Lookman (I am not convinced about him though). Chukwueze is clearly out of form, and Fisayo is not at the level required. The coach should give Tella a chance. Playing two wide forwards is a waste (escpecially since ours are not the best) and creates space in the middle. We are better off with 3 versatile/box to box midfelders. We have very capable full backs to cover the wide spaces (Osayi, Aina, Bruno and Sanusi).

Kelechi should definitely be in the squad as a right sided support to the strikers, but not sure he is a starter.

danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Tobi17 wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2023 6:24 pm
txj wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2023 6:01 pm
Tobi17 wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2023 5:50 pm Peseiro has to be sacked for having the guts to think Uzoho and Sadiq are Eagles material, why are journalists in camp not calling out this rubbish? awful coach with a single digit IQ

why do you delight in talking rubbish?
Do you get paid for it?
So you are happy with that disgusting performance? Are you retarded or something?
Tobi, I have told you time without number that the person you see looking back at you in the mirror is yourself. For goodness sakes! :D
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

airwolex wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2023 6:03 pm That was an atrocious second half. Very worrying. I never like Sadiq but he is even worse than I can remember.
Not trying to defend him, but he just came back from almost 1 year out injured.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
onovo
Egg
Egg

Post by onovo »

maceo4 wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2023 7:56 pm
olu wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2023 7:40 pm I was responding to your comment, "....how is this an international level player." He's an international level player that should be recalled when he regains form and fitness.
Until he regains form he’s no longer a NT level player at least not for Nigeria. Just because you have been called before doesn’t automatically make you a NT level striker esp when there are much better options. Guys like Isaac Success are no longer NT level players…he seems to be going in that direction. And I sympathize with his injury and recovery process also I was his fan prior but the way he couldn’t control the ball properly on 1v1s to even get a shot away on more than 3 occasions tells me this guy is not at the caliber to be on our NT at the moment. He was shockingly poor IMO…I mean these things are the basics, they put you through on goal and you miscontrol on 3 different occasions? Sometimes controlling backwards? Then Boniface comes in and can immediately control and score (though offsides) the same kind of pass…Also, in the previous game Kelechi gave him an inch perfect cross and I don’t even know what he was trying to do he clumsily flung his body and completely missed the ball. He’s just not good enough until he can prove otherwise. It’s not like prior to his injury he was lighting it up with the SE…he was still just a bit part player…and now after his injury he’s even less of one…
Guy you sabi ball :clap: :clap: :clap: I been wan comment on that. The way Sadiq missed that ball from Kele and such a golden opportunity would make me borrow the words of my good friend Emir if I am not breaking copy right. The boy is is useless :boo:
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

vancity eagle wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2023 7:17 pm Aribo was one of the better players today.

For all the haters.

Moffi was very poor IMO , he missed 2 golden opportunities to score and his passing and understanding with team mates was poor.

So I am a hater because i ask why a player who is a benchwarmer in Div 2 - who has played on 13% of his club's games this season - is being invited to the national team?

Ask yourself this, when he played in Rangers or Div 1, did you see me question his invitation?

In fact, for a man who claims you have integrity, shouldn't you be questioning the invitation of a player who is on the bench in Div 2?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

vancity eagle wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2023 7:17 pm Aribo was one of the better players today.

For all the haters.

So I am a hater because i ask why a player who is a benchwarmer in Div 2 - who has played on 13% of his club's games this season - is being invited to the national team?

Ask yourself this, when he played in Rangers or Div 1, did you see me question his invitation?

In fact, for a man who claims you have integrity, shouldn't you be questioning the invitation of a player who is on the bench in Div 2?
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

danfo driver wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2023 8:55 pm
airwolex wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2023 6:03 pm That was an atrocious second half. Very worrying. I never like Sadiq but he is even worse than I can remember.
Not trying to defend him, but he just came back from almost 1 year out injured.
Which affirms the arguments that he should not have been called up in the first place, you dyslexic brainless moron!
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Sheikh wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2023 8:38 pm

Sheikh,

While I do not entirely agree with your right up, I certainly respect the reasoning behind it. It is definitely based on a reasonable interpretation of what we have watched recently with the Super Eagles.

Of particular note is the point about persisting with wide midfielders/wingers and perhaps a need to introduce central midfielders if in fact Nigeria has them or going to a set with three center backs and using wingbacks with three central midfielders. This may actually give the team more control of the ball and possessions, especially in the middle and create opportunities for two strikers to score. The question is whether we have the three capable center backs? As you know, beyond Bassey, our center backs are just not top notch. They are serviceable but can Nigeria depend on them? This is critical given the substandard goalkeeping that is consistently served to Nigeria by our two most used goalkeepers!
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Rawlings
Egg
Egg

Post by Rawlings »

Naija do well

Great result!
Nwabali -- Aina, Bassey, TroostEkong, Sanusi --- Chukwueze, Aribo, Ndidi, Iwobi --- Osimhem, Sadiq Umar
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

For all the haters.