Another Private FC in the NNL

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

oyek
Egg
Egg
Another Private FC in the NNL

Post by oyek »

Mmobuosi Unveils New NNL Club,1472 Fc, In Surulere
New Telegraph Admin November 5, 2023
2 minute read

A new football club, 1472 FC, was officially unveiled to the public in Lagos on Saturday with the owners promising to use it as a platform to further engage youths in football and entertainment. The club will be competing in the second tier, Nigeria National League (NNL) which is expected to kick off in November this year.

At the unveiling, 1472 FC CEO, Dr Segun Sanni, revealed that the club have their base in Surulere but will play their home matches in the NNL at the Mobolaji Johnson Arena, Onikan in Lagos pending the completion of renovation at the Teslim Balogun Stadium in Surulere. “We will be playing our home match- es at the Onikan Stadium but will return to Teslim Balogun Stadium in Surulere which is our base,” said Sanni.

On the choice of club name, 1472 FC, Sanni explained that it was coined from the year when Portuguese explorer Rui de Sequeira landed in Lagos and named the area near city, Lagos or Lago de Curamo, meaning Lake of Curamo. “We’ve named the club so because a Portuguese explorer gave Lagos that name that year and we feel it is fitting to do so,” he said.

1472 FC have a feeder (youth team) and are working on putting in place a women’s team, according to Sanni. The club have plans to also take off with their academy in January of 2024. Influential persons in Surulere like Actor turned Politician and Lagos House of Assembly member, Honourable Desmond Elliott, Honourable Abiodun Orekoya and Surulere local government chairman, Sulaiman Bamidele Yusuf offered their support for the take-off of 1472 FC.

Elliot said: “It is a good time to have a football club in 1472 FC in Surulere. From inception we have been involved with the plan and it is good to see it come to reality. The club will be ran professionally from management to players.” Orekoya said the vision to set the club up in Surulere is good as the town is “home of football in Nigeria.”

https://newtelegraphng.com/mmobuosi-unv ... -surulere/
If not for Jesus, where will i be?
oyek
Egg
Egg
Re: Another Private FC in the NNL

Post by oyek »

Here's their website: https://1472fc.com/
Hopefully they'll be around for long and get to the NPFL.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

This is an organic start to a positive change. The question is how far will it last? The top is still dominated by state entities and as long as that us the case it forces the NFF to make rules that make little sense for business. Yet, what is needed is to get rid of state owned clubs to help local league football to thrive. For starters, a nationwide league makes little sense given travel distances and poor roads but yet state entities insist on it. An all private league will not allow such a league given its negative impact on business.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
oyek
Egg
Egg

Post by oyek »

Most state-owned clubs are used for political gains by the state governments, making it difficult for them to relinquish control of these clubs.
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

oyek wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2023 4:57 pm Most state-owned clubs are used for political gains by the state governments, making it difficult for them to relinquish control of these clubs.
State government had to bail out private clubs!

State ownership is not what is stopping private clubs.
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”
Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sunset »

Enugu II wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2023 1:01 pm This is an organic start to a positive change. The question is how far will it last? The top is still dominated by state entities and as long as that us the case it forces the NFF to make rules that make little sense for business. Yet, what is needed is to get rid of state owned clubs to help local league football to thrive. For starters, a nationwide league makes little sense given travel distances and poor roads but yet state entities insist on it. An all private league will not allow such a league given its negative impact on business.
Organic but a newly founded club starts off in the 2nd highest division in the country? Organic is the last word I’d use to describe this but it seems like you obsession with private clubs is blinding you from these facts
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

oyek wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2023 7:29 am Here's their website: https://1472fc.com/
Hopefully they'll be around for long and get to the NPFL.
Wishing them the best…
Bug that Tingo dude (Dozi, who tried to buy Sheffield Utd) gives me pause.
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

wanaj0 wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2023 5:41 pm
oyek wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2023 4:57 pm Most state-owned clubs are used for political gains by the state governments, making it difficult for them to relinquish control of these clubs.
State government had to bail out private clubs!

State ownership is not what is stopping private clubs.
:thumbs:
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Sunset wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2023 6:19 pm
Enugu II wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2023 1:01 pm This is an organic start to a positive change. The question is how far will it last? The top is still dominated by state entities and as long as that us the case it forces the NFF to make rules that make little sense for business. Yet, what is needed is to get rid of state owned clubs to help local league football to thrive. For starters, a nationwide league makes little sense given travel distances and poor roads but yet state entities insist on it. An all private league will not allow such a league given its negative impact on business.
Organic but a newly founded club starts off in the 2nd highest division in the country? Organic is the last word I’d use to describe this but it seems like you obsession with private clubs is blinding you from these facts
Organic, in the sense, that the clubs are gaining access via promotion and not necessarily being- converted from state entities to private ones. That is what I am referring to. Of course, I am partial to the fact that I want the premier division to be loaded up with privately-owned clubs. On that, I am unequivocally partial.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sunset »

Enugu II wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2023 11:10 pm
Sunset wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2023 6:19 pm
Organic, in the sense, that the clubs are gaining access via promotion and not necessarily being- converted from state entities to private ones. That is what I am referring to. Of course, I am partial to the fact that I want the premier division to be loaded up with privately-owned clubs. On that, I am unequivocally partial.
That's exactly what it appears to be, as this clubs existence can be dated back to September this year where they were announced to be competing in the NNL this season, they weren't promoted from the NLO like Beyond Limits (Remo Stars U19), which means they bought the slot which shows there isn't much of a long term plan. They probably just want to piggyback on what Sporting Lagos achieved which i'm not mad about.
Agbako
Egg
Egg

Post by Agbako »

Why Ebiede FC still longing in the same division since after forming? Or Churchill - Oliseh go say he do not have money?
With the Euro connections and owning a club in Denmark for the past 10 yrs?

Abeg whats up with the Club? By now. I don think say na dem go deh control Naija Football n League. Bobo don build a very nice Stadium self.

Any enlightement? why dis stagnant?
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Agbako wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 10:00 pm Why Ebiede FC still longing in the same division since after forming? Or Churchill - Oliseh go say he do not have money?

Abeg whats up with the Club? By now. I don think say na dem go deh control Naija Football n League. Bobo don build a very nice Stadium self.

Agbako

Someone previously addressed this on CE. He isn't interested because of heavy costs and lack of business focus at NPFL level.
Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sunset »

Agbako wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 10:00 pm Why Ebiede FC still longing in the same division since after forming? Or Churchill - Oliseh go say he do not have money?

To put it simple he's content with running an Academy rather than a professionally run club, as they have recently been relegated to the 3rd division. And their deal with Midtjylland is more of a first dibs on their best talents than any partnership that would yield any long term benefits. Very different to how the likes of Remo Stars (with Feirense) and Sporting Lagos (with Aarhus Fremad) share the same owners.