FT: Zimbabwe 1 vs Nigeria 1

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Live: Zimbabwe 1 vs Our Nigeria 1

Post by aruako1 »

waka-man wrote: Sun Nov 19, 2023 3:55 pm Booked my flights to Abijan last week. Not sure how wise they was. Gonna be a depressing experience at this rate.
My wife was going to book for me. I won't bother. Terrible bunch - no hustle, no urgency...they couldn’t even chase lost causes. We will be well beaten at the AFCON with this bunch and this manager.
lacidi
Egg
Egg

Post by lacidi »

mcal wrote: Sun Nov 19, 2023 3:56 pm ...and so many blame coach, abi una wan coach to go inside field and be pushing these players how to position, how to pass, how to trap ball, and so on.

Local based players can't stink this bad, at least.
If it's a naija coach will you say the same? What was your comment when we drew with Ghana?
Its nice when someone shoots ur murderer in the back, without asking to be paid.
sabb
Egg
Egg

Post by sabb »

lacidi wrote: Sun Nov 19, 2023 3:54 pm
DIMKA76 wrote: Sun Nov 19, 2023 3:51 pm Astro turf football is different from natural grass football
So that's the excuse?
:rotf:
To d Super Eagles - there's no limit to wot can be accomplished when nobody cares who gets the credit (ucb)
speech is ma hammer bang d world into shape - mos def
A win is a win, whether u win by an inch or by a mile - Dominic Toretto
life without knowledge is death in disguise - talib kweli
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: FT: Zimbabwe 1 vs Nigeria 1

Post by airwolex »

Only watched the second half. There is zero creativity in the team. Part of it is we don't have that many smart players, the second part is that there is no cohesion. Our best moments were between Ajayi, Aribo, Senior Man and Samuel on the right; even that was kinda poor.

Bassey, it pains me to say, is a poor player. Bruno was bad as well. We have so many issues, I don't know where to start, just glad we could draw the game.
packerland
Egg
Egg

Post by packerland »

Synopsis wrote: Sun Nov 19, 2023 3:57 pm I blame Pinnick for firing Rohr early without having a clear plan and having to hire the angel* Pissero.
Oblong head didn’t want to fire him but he ran out of money and had to go begging the minister who then told him what had to be done. The rest is history.
"Yea right, we await the beatings the Aussie has for them. The Falcons are just another bad team at the women world cup".....fatpokey Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:34 .
uglyoneiamagain
Egg
Egg

Post by uglyoneiamagain »

ohenhen1 wrote: Sun Nov 19, 2023 3:46 pm Why didnt the NFF hire someone else in July? It will be tough to qualify for the world cup.
Cause our setup has never been on merit.. we have been lucky for a few things to have worked/come together for us in the past but that’s all gone but those in charge right now are hoping “that luck” will come back home despite our unserious attitude.
gosh
Egg
Egg

Post by gosh »

Goalgetter wrote: Sun Nov 19, 2023 3:58 pm These are quite frankly below average players. Such a disgrace to watch. Not sure if coaching is the problem with these set of players. They are also very mentally weak. Iheanacho stopping his run for that Aribo pass sums it up. Mental weakness plus poor quality. A high quality player would have continued that run and likely scored from that pass.
I think Nacho was being wary of being flagged offsides, but he should have at least still given it a go since he had nothing to lose.
Whatever you are chasing is also chasing you!
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

Synopsis wrote: Sun Nov 19, 2023 3:57 pm I blame Pinnick for firing Rohr early without having a clear plan and having to hire the angel* Pissero.
He hired Eguavoen first and we know how it ended.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
spastic
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by spastic »

Goalgetter wrote: Sun Nov 19, 2023 3:58 pm These are quite frankly below average players. Such a disgrace to watch. Not sure if coaching is the problem with these set of players. They are also very mentally weak. Iheanacho stopping his run for that Aribo pass sums it up. Mental weakness plus poor quality. A high quality player would have continued that run and likely scored from that pass.
Had he continued his run Nacho would have been offside. The pass should have come sooner. Whether Nacho would have read it correctly and moved is a different matter. But I agree with your overall point; this is just poor football
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

spastic wrote: Sun Nov 19, 2023 3:56 pm disappointing. Still think the right-back is still our best player
Only one that tries things and has confidence to drive at the opponent.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
waka-man
Egg
Egg

Post by waka-man »

It really is a very poor team. We have a couple of exciting strikers - one is even world class - but the rest are benchwarmers, lower-leaguers and journeymen.

Add to the that a manager clearly out of his depth, and a federation not worth the name, and you realise these could be very dark ages for an SE fan.
-------------------------------------------
MY NAME IS WAKA-MAN, and YES, I AM A CHELSEA FAN. Please don't hate me - I was fan when David Ellery dashed Cantona two penalties as Man U beat us 4-0 in the FA Cup final. So I've paid my dues.
packerland
Egg
Egg

Post by packerland »

fabio wrote: Sun Nov 19, 2023 3:58 pm
packerland wrote: Sun Nov 19, 2023 3:43 pm You need a goal and you bring on Sadiq that hasn’t scored for club in ages smh. I hope he scores sha…this is not about who is right.
Sadiq, did an excellent job, after coming on!!!
Don’t let the cameo fool you. I’ve seen this movie before. The team will stink up and the one player that is subbed in that shows some flash of brilliance is put in the starting lineup in the next game and then proceed to stink up the joint like the others. How did Bruno, Simon and Aina perform today?
"Yea right, we await the beatings the Aussie has for them. The Falcons are just another bad team at the women world cup".....fatpokey Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:34 .
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

The good thing that emerged from this game is we know who doesn’t belong in the SuperEagles:

Uzoho
Osayi
Bruno
Ajayi
Bassey
Aribo
Tella
Moffi
Sadiq
Peseiro

We desperately need help❗️

Cheers.
Last edited by TonyTheTigerKiller on Sun Nov 19, 2023 4:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

waka-man wrote: Sun Nov 19, 2023 4:05 pm It really is a very poor team. We have a couple of exciting strikers - one is even world class - but the rest are benchwarmers, lower-leaguers and journeymen.

Add to the that a manager clearly out of his depth, and a federation not worth the name, and you realise these could be very dark ages for an SE fan.
The other teams have even lesser quality players, but figure out a way to get results against us…tired of this useless excuse…
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

Last few minutes of the game when we needed a goal....

- Collins finds himself in a good position for a cross, passes it to a Zim defender

- Good ball to Aribo on the left, miscues the ball goes for throw in to Zimbabwe. Very simple ball control he couldn't do

- Aribo manages to get the ball in a dangerous area, drives to the edge of the 18 and passes into space....Kelechi was just standing looking lost.

- Bassey in a good area, simple ball to Jamiu Collins would have left us in a good situation but the pass is way too strong.

Umar, running all over the place while Boniface stands lika a statue, both totally ineffective
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

waka-man wrote: Sun Nov 19, 2023 4:05 pm It really is a very poor team. We have a couple of exciting strikers - one is even world class - but the rest are benchwarmers, lower-leaguers and journeymen.

Yes...we are facing a few years in the doldrums.
Thunder
Egg
Egg
Re: Live: Zimbabwe 0 vs Our Nigeria 0

Post by Thunder »

Lolly wrote: Sun Nov 19, 2023 2:08 pm Ball moving too fast on this artificial pitch.
Just what is this Africans’ infatuation with artificial turfs designed the cold regions of the world?
WHATEVER, WHEREEVER, & WHENEVER, FOREVER ARSENAL! I am an ARSENALIST!
"Wise men talk because they have something to say, fools talk because they have to say something." - Plato
sabb
Egg
Egg

Post by sabb »

mcal wrote: Sun Nov 19, 2023 3:56 pm ...and so many blame coach, abi una wan coach to go inside field and be pushing these players how to position, how to pass, how to trap ball, and so on.

Local based players can't stink this bad, at least.
it is really down to the coach, the individuals look confused most times on the field, their pressing is non existence, no one shows for the ball and their passes just gets worse as the game goes on. I can't point to the coach's imprint on this team, can u?

If this wasn't SE playing, man won't even bother. This individuals lack the basics. Ajax saw that Bassey didn't fit their system and they sold him. The coach needs to find the players that fits his system and go with it otherwise it's gonna be a long qualifier.
To d Super Eagles - there's no limit to wot can be accomplished when nobody cares who gets the credit (ucb)
speech is ma hammer bang d world into shape - mos def
A win is a win, whether u win by an inch or by a mile - Dominic Toretto
life without knowledge is death in disguise - talib kweli
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

TonyTheTigerKiller wrote: Sun Nov 19, 2023 4:06 pm The good thing that emerged from this game is we know who doesn’t belong in the SuperEagles:

Uzoho
Osayi
Bruno
Ajayi
Bassey
Aribo
Tella
Moffi
Sadiq
Peseiro

We desperately need help❗️

Cheers..
Thats the whole team. :lol:

And I would remove Ajayi, Bassey, Tella from the list. They did okay today. Even Aribo improved in the 2nd half.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
waka-man
Egg
Egg

Post by waka-man »

YUJAM wrote: Sun Nov 19, 2023 3:56 pm
Lolly wrote: Sun Nov 19, 2023 3:54 pm
DIMKA76 wrote: Sun Nov 19, 2023 3:51 pm Astro turf football is different from natural grass football
And it affected our play.
For real, guys? :???:
Yeah, because while we played on Astro, Zim played on natural grass. Also, they used a different ball from us. And our goal post was clearly bigger.
-------------------------------------------
MY NAME IS WAKA-MAN, and YES, I AM A CHELSEA FAN. Please don't hate me - I was fan when David Ellery dashed Cantona two penalties as Man U beat us 4-0 in the FA Cup final. So I've paid my dues.
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: Live: Zimbabwe 0 vs Our Nigeria 0

Post by Lolly »

Thunder wrote: Sun Nov 19, 2023 4:07 pm
Lolly wrote: Sun Nov 19, 2023 2:08 pm Ball moving too fast on this artificial pitch.
Just what is this Africans’ infatuation with artificial turfs designed the cold regions of the world?
A businessman must have sold the idea. :lol:

Synopsis
Egg
Egg

Post by Synopsis »

Lolly wrote: Sun Nov 19, 2023 4:04 pm
He hired Eguavoen first and we know how it ended.
Yep, desperation. No clear plan.
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

waka-man wrote: Sun Nov 19, 2023 4:09 pm
YUJAM wrote: Sun Nov 19, 2023 3:56 pm
Lolly wrote: Sun Nov 19, 2023 3:54 pm
And it affected our play.
For real, guys? :???:
Yeah, because while we played on Astro, Zim played on natural grass. Also, they used a different ball from us. And our goal post was clearly bigger.
Or maybe Zim had more time to practice on the pitch or they've played on the same pitch before.

And we played better than them today, notwithstanding the scoreline.