It appears the players don't even respect Peseiro

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Tobi17
Egg
Egg
It appears the players don't even respect Peseiro

Post by Tobi17 »

In the Lesotho game, who noticed Bassey and Peseiro getting into a heated argument at the touch-line? not sure what that was all about but it sure didn't look right.

Then yesterday's game when Iheanacho was being subbed in, Peseiro was trying to pass some instructions to him and Nacho swatted away whatever he was saying like he was blabbering. Do these players even understand his tactical instructions in training due to communication barriers?

This is why I'm always uncomfortable with coaches who can't communicate in English
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: It appears the players don't even respect Peseiro

Post by Enugu II »

Tobi17 wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2023 4:03 am In the Lesotho game, who noticed Bassey and Peseiro getting into a heated argument at the touch-line? not sure what that was all about but it sure didn't look right.

Then yesterday's game when Iheanacho was being subbed in, Peseiro was trying to pass some instructions to him and Nacho swatted away whatever he was saying like he was blabbering. Do these players even understand his tactical instructions in training due to communication barriers?

This is why I'm always uncomfortable with coaches who can't communicate in English
I didn't notice but it was clear rules broke down. Notice tempers flaring between Iheanacho and Boniface which required separation during a setpiece. Also the repeared hoofing of the ball forward by Bassey in disregard with how the team wanted to play. He appeared not prepared to take any chances.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

I suspect the pitch (artificial bouncy turf) was the reason we started hoofing the ball. We did not play like that in any recent matches.

I dont know why in this day and age CAF will greenlight such pitches.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Tobi17 wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2023 4:03 am In the Lesotho game, who noticed Bassey and Peseiro getting into a heated argument at the touch-line? not sure what that was all about but it sure didn't look right.

If they don’t respect him it won’t be because of his poor English. ‘Foreign’ coaches are part of the modern game at both club and national level.
It might be they just don’t think he knows what he is doing.
As they say, he might have ‘lost the dressing room’.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

Damunk wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2023 9:49 amIf they don’t respect him it won’t be because of his poor English. ‘Foreign’ coaches are part of the modern game at both club and national level.
Assumes he had the dressing room.
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

The YeyeMan wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2023 2:34 pm
Damunk wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2023 9:49 amIf they don’t respect him it won’t be because of his poor English. ‘Foreign’ coaches are part of the modern game at both club and national level.
He claimed the players persuaded him to take a pay cut
I am happy
Undertaker
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Undertaker »

The man wears jeans and can barely speaks English! What is there to respect?
I SEE DEAD PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Undertaker
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Undertaker »

I SEE DEAD PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Dammy wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2023 3:36 pm
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Does anyone else see the funny side of this?

Sometimes we have to laugh inside serious matter.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Damunk wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2023 4:22 pm

Damunk

You done come oo! Are you, wryly stating that the players knew he was not worth the big pay and should take a lower pay that matches his ability and contribution?
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Abbey
Egg
Egg

Post by Abbey »

Enugu II wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2023 4:25 pm
Damunk wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2023 4:22 pm

Damunk

You done come oo! Are you, wryly stating that the players knew he was not worth the big pay and should take a lower pay that matches his ability and contribution?
Na you tok am :)
A Person convinced against his will is of the same opinion still.
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

Undertaker wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2023 3:55 pm

...not standing with coach, but many of these players play for non-english speaking coaches, and many play in non-english countries.
A foreigner have to adjust to local way of speaking or doing things (if he's begging for work). This man is not begging for work, "we" went and got him. Versus we Nigerians are begging for work reason we adjust to foreign bosses and language.
I don't think a Nigeria living in a non-english speaking country will be mad with his employer or co-workers saying they can't speak whatever. Heck, even here in the USA where English is supposedly majorly spoken, the locals will complain they can't understand our own version of english.
It is we who wanted foreigner therefore must adjust to him, listen to him.
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

My thing is that NFF should find the money to pay the man everything that is owed to him.

I find it morally reprehensible to keep owing people money for work done.

Pay him so that you can make demands on him.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
greg
Egg
Egg

Post by greg »

Whenever Paso was speaking, Omeruo's body language and facial expressions while sitting beside him in the previous press conference also spoke volumes.