From a trusted NFF source

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: From a trusted NFF source

Post by ohenhen1 »

The guy didn't deserve a contract renewal. How can we sack the people that gave him the new contract. And there was no minister of sport in July that had the authority to pay Peseiro salary.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

I told y’all that Peseiro doesn’t pick the team and never has. All they’re saying is he wil have much less say in picking the team going forward… Disaster loading🤔❗️

Cheers.
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

The NFF found and employed this man.
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
Otitokoro
Egg
Egg

Post by Otitokoro »

If you know that you WILL be paid at the end of it all (either when the NFF decides to pay his monthly salary) or if he is fired (thru FIFA who would in turn deduct the full amount from Nigeria's share of FIFA payments), then there is no reason to not stay on a job. Afterall, its not that he hasn't worked for it, as part of his contract? I have no clue how he is surviving but I am pretty sure he is not starving.
danfo driver wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2023 3:06 am This is complicated. See below.
There is a school of thought in business - and it never fails. In fact, after an M&A or PE deal is completed, the buyers usually hire a Post-deal integration team, which analyzes the business. One thing that never fails, especially African businesses, when people arent paid their salaries and they remain in the job (they refused to leave). Those people are ALWAYS stealing or committing fraud! There is absolutely no person who will stay in a job for 1 year, without pay, and not be stealing or making money under the table. How is he feeding himself and his family??

Its fairly straightforward.
As part of his contract, (which runs through the end of AFCON), he has to: a. Qualify for the competition (done) and b. reach the semis (pending). He has yet to fail meeting those deliverables.
Regarding the WC and qualifying for it, Nigeria CAN still get 26 of 30 possible points and win the group. This means winning all 8 remaining matches, which is NOT an impossible task. Next set of games are in March of 2024 and all it takes is for Nigeria to have a great performance during AFCON and ride that wave. So, it is indeed, doable.
IF he is fired now, in spite of him being on track to meet his contract obligations, the NFF will be the ones in breach of their contract with him and will likely pay a penalty (similar to Rohr) - meaning the hit to the NFF will be more that $1M.
There is also the interest on outstanding payment, which he can insist on in the case of a deferred payment (like what the IRS imposes), if that option is adopted by the NFF and it will be more that likely a court judge or FIFA/CAS will impose the highest rate, considering Nigeria, as a serial defaulter, just did the same with Rohr.
danfo driver wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2023 3:06 am This doesn't make much sense to me. So, if we fire him now, we will have to pay him? You do realize that whenever he leaves (whether we fire him or he quits or whatever) we are still gonna pay him? right? So we eighter pay him his $1m now or we pay him 1 point something in the next few months. Which do you prefer?

Additionally, we dont have to pay him entirely now. Thats why they have negotiations, we can pay him over a period of time.
Last edited by Otitokoro on Tue Nov 21, 2023 7:02 am, edited 2 times in total.
olu
Egg
Egg

Post by olu »

NFF picking the players or picking players by popular demand sounds like a recipe for disaster. Either you give the coach control, or you fire him. What might make more sense is to engage in discussions with him and see if he is willing to be more flexible with his formation. Then again, Eguaveon is also married to 4-4-2 like Peseiro.

In my opinion, NFF should let Peseiro take the team to the AFCON then decide from there. The recent results have been poor, but we are still far from out, particularly if we beat South Africa home and away. South Africa could also drop points to one of the other teams.

Tobi17 wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2023 7:05 pm I joined a Twitter space hosted by a key member of the NFF and here's the situation report on where they are regarding Pisseiro and here are the vital takeaways:

NFF currently don't have the money to pay off Pisseiro, but consultations with the Sports minister are ongoing on the next decision to be made which will be made public in a few days. So far as things stand, in the event Pisseiro sees out his contract per agreed upon in meeting the AFCON target set for him which is to reach the semi-final at the very least. Since his contract ends after January so we will have time with a new coach Post-AFCON to press the reset button after the angel* is gone.

The NFF will become more influential in the player selections for the AFCON and limit the power of Peseiro to pick his own squad, essentially NFF will pick the players for the AFCON based on popular demands (so lots of new players who haven't gotten their chance at international football will be called up), while some of the deadweights in this current team will be dropped. Pisseiro is more or less now a ceremonial manager who will just see out his contract with little or no coaching decisions till his contract ends in a few months. And from all indications a Nigerian coach (name wasn't stated) will be given control of this player selections and will play more influential roles from the touch line. Essentially Pisseiro will be relegated to the background, he will be seen but not noticed or acknowledged (if that makes sense) until his contract is up in a few months and then he will be let go.
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

Tobi17 wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2023 7:05 pm ….
The NFF will become more influential in the player selections for the AFCON and limit the power of Peseiro to pick his own squad, essentially NFF will pick the players for the AFCON based on popular demands (so lots of new players who haven't gotten their chance at international football will be called up), while some of the deadweights in this current team will be dropped. Pisseiro is more or less now a ceremonial manager who will just see out his contract with little or no coaching decisions till his contract ends in a few months. And from all indications a Nigerian coach (name wasn't stated) will be given control of this player selections and will play more influential roles from the touch line. Essentially Pisseiro will be relegated to the background, he will be seen but not noticed or acknowledged (if that makes sense) until his contract is up in a few months and then he will be let go.
So, the white foreigner will collect money for doing nothing, except being seen, while the local negro gets peanuts for all his sweat and added responsibilities? :lol: :lol:
“If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.”- Sun Tzu
MAIDABOI
Egg
Egg

Post by MAIDABOI »

Tobi17 wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2023 7:05 pm I joined a Twitter space hosted by a key member of the NFF and here's the situation report on where they are regarding Pisseiro and here are the vital takeaways:

NFF currently don't have the money to pay off Pisseiro, but consultations with the Sports minister are ongoing on the next decision to be made which will be made public in a few days. So far as things stand, in the event Pisseiro sees out his contract per agreed upon in meeting the AFCON target set for him which is to reach the semi-final at the very least. Since his contract ends after January so we will have time with a new coach Post-AFCON to press the reset button after the angel* is gone.

This is more disastrous
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

I know NFF big shots can be very annoying but I doubt they are stupid enough to implement what Tobi claims to have heard or read. Relegate Peseiro to the background and get a Nigerian coach to fill his position while they are in charge of player selection? Madness!
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

1naija wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2023 7:11 pm This is much better....picking players by popular demand. Shey, you want Peseiro fired at all cost right? Enjoy the outcome.
So dem go pick players upon 'popular demand,' eh? Dem go let us pick our own, abi dem min say na NFF pipul go do the picking?

If NFF do the picking, na be ojoro picking dem go do? No be to take 'stuffed-up' brown envelopes dem wan do so? Well, wetin I sabi?
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Lolly wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2023 7:59 am I know NFF big shots can be very annoying but I doubt they are stupid enough to implement what Tobi claims to have heard or read. Relegate Peseiro to the background and get a Nigerian coach to fill his position while they are in charge of player selection? Madness!
Exactly. I know between the two of us we have met in person at least three NFF officials.
I don’t know about your experience but I doubt any one of them can be described as “stupid”.

But it still begs the question, ‘what is and has forever been wrong with the NFF”?
I guess the question applies to Nigeria as a whole. :idea:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Enugu II wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2023 8:04 pm
Cellular wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2023 7:46 pm
1naija wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2023 7:11 pm This is much better....picking players by popular demand. Shey, you want Peseiro fired at all cost right? Enjoy the outcome.
Not a fan of picking players based on popular demand.

But pick players who are actively playing for their teams.

If you are a bench rider you should not be anywhere near the Naijarian Senior Men's National Team.

How hard is that?
The highlighted is the biggest BS that I have ever read. No one should be picking players based on popular demand or demand from fans. That is rubbish and a straight road to hell. Fans can criticize but the Manager must have 100% authority to pick his/her own team.
EII, I hope you didn't believe what was stated in the article, especially the portion you highlighted.

Not to say much, let me simply add whoever stated such, was very drunk when he/she made the statement. It will NOT happen
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.