BELGIAN FOOTBALL WEBSITE QUESTIONS THE COMPOSITION OF THE SE SQUAD

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

COOKING SPOON
Egg
Egg
BELGIAN FOOTBALL WEBSITE QUESTIONS THE COMPOSITION OF THE SE SQUAD

Post by COOKING SPOON »

They seek him here.
They seek him there.
Moderators seek him everywhere.
They seek him at night
And even at noon
That damn elusive cooking spoon
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: BELGIAN FOOTBALL WEBSITE QUESTIONS THE COMPOSITION OF THE SE SQUAD

Post by Dammy »

Belgium and Real Madrid goalkeeper, Thibaut Cortouis criticised the invitation of relegated players from Leicester in the Belgian national team. He said players who had lost more than they won shouldn’t be in the national team
I am happy
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Dammy wrote: Fri Dec 22, 2023 12:47 am Belgium and Real Madrid goalkeeper, Thibaut Cortouis criticised the invitation of relegated players from Leicester in the Belgian national team. He said players who had lost more than they won shouldn’t be in the national team
When I tok am, Nigerians on CE attacked me. Truth is, those who are winners know that Div 2 players have no place in the national team. Zero! But losers cannot accept that. :oops:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

danfo driver wrote: Fri Dec 22, 2023 12:49 am
Dammy wrote: Fri Dec 22, 2023 12:47 am Belgium and Real Madrid goalkeeper, Thibaut Cortouis criticised the invitation of relegated players from Leicester in the Belgian national team. He said players who had lost more than they won shouldn’t be in the national team
When I tok am, Nigerians on CE attacked me. Truth is, those who are winners know that Div 2 players have no place in the national team. Zero! But losers cannot accept that. :oops:
I thought about you when I read Cortouis’s comments
Last edited by Dammy on Fri Dec 22, 2023 5:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I am happy
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Dammy wrote: Fri Dec 22, 2023 12:53 am
d

One thing I have realized about life is that everyone has the capacity to perform at a high level. The most common reason most people do not is because there is no motivation to do so. For example, did you hear about the story were Harry Redknapp had a bet with Yakubu that he will give him BP 20k if Yak scored 20 goals. Did you hear Yak's version of the story? About how he scored 4 goals in the last match, had 19 goals and he was ready to die on the pitch to score the 5th goal of the match (and 20th goal of the season), as "I don already spend the 20k for my head).

The above story tells you that Yakubu can score 20 goals a season, every season, if he chose to do so. But he didnt! You know why? There was no motivation to do so!

If Nigeria's coach makes it clear today that if you are not playing in a Div 1 team (in a top 5 league), you will NOT smell the National team. I can guarantee you my brother! I can guarantee you that Nigerian players will do everythig within their power to get into a Div 1 team in a top 5 league. All the Leicester and Southampton Div 2 benchwarmers will all of a sudden be playing like Pele and be signing for Div 1 clubs in January! You think these players warming the bench in Div 2 cannot play like Pele?? Bro, motivate them and see the signs and wonders!!

I have supervised people on my teams for years and I know this works like a charm! All human being will meet your standard, if you set unwavering standards! They will meet it!
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
greg
Egg
Egg

Post by greg »

I don't know how many Lesothos and Zimbabwes it will take for u guys to gerrit
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

We have a plethora of div 2 players (including benchwarmers) and deadweights who have only clocked less than a full game all season at their club all rearing to go for the AFCON...I mean there are literally far more deserving players who have put in the hard work, sweat and recognition at their clubs only to be ignored in this AFCON preliminary squad. Honestly it's not far-fetched to see why the national team will always struggle to achieve any form of success- football isn't rocket science.

The likes of Gift Orban, Ifeanyi Matthew, Igoh Ogbu, Akor Adams, Chidera Ejuke etc will be wishing they weren't Nigerian players right now. NFF and Pisseiro are absolute idiots honestly.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

greg wrote: Fri Dec 22, 2023 5:23 am
Abi o. They just come here to yan dust.
OCCUPY NFF!!
King Futcha
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by King Futcha »

He continued: "The only thing is - and I am not afraid to say this: if you fall behind in the match against Austria and you have relegated players in the team who have lost more matches than they have won... Then it becomes difficult to reverse that situation.

"Look, if you are in the lead for a full year and you put a 0-2 score back a few times, it is not a problem to fall behind.
https://talksport.com/football/1685063/ ... world-cup/

well damn
Saints baby we did it
“I am in my technical zone and I can’t hear the boos,” Domenech said.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

continue... :D
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

King Futcha wrote: Fri Dec 22, 2023 7:56 am
He continued: "The only thing is - and I am not afraid to say this: if you fall behind in the match against Austria and you have relegated players in the team who have lost more matches than they have won... Then it becomes difficult to reverse that situation.

"Look, if you are in the lead for a full year and you put a 0-2 score back a few times, it is not a problem to fall behind.

well damn
He is talking about "motivation." Relegated players who remain are a dounle wammy -- especially those who willingly remain. They are losers! Not only were you unable to fight to stay up - weak mentality - you decided to remain in a lower, less competitive league - showing you do not have the capacity or desire to compete. To make it worse, there are those who have actually taken a liking to the bench in Div 2 - a triple wammy! you are a FOOKING LOSER! Simple.

Do you remember Maddison, Harvey barnes, Sinisteria, even Gnonto who remained, they and others fought and refused to remain in div 2. They wouldnt accept it! Gnonto even went on strike! For him, being in Div 2 was an insult to his name and a disrespect to his ambition to represent Italy.

In Nigeria, its a different thing. Not only are you relegated, like a dutiful b1ttch of a nigggga, you decided to stay and then 2 of them decided that sitting on the bench is okay. Not a problem. They will still get called up. And you want to win??!!! :lol: :lol: Courtois is a winner! He knows how these things work.
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

What you do not get is that there are levels in football. Even the Lesotho and Zimbabwe farmers know it; even when they upset the form books they know it!!! Because it only happens once in their lifetime and they celebrate it like the nd coming of our savior!!!!

You cannot expect a top scorer from Isikwuato United, coached by Cellular and EII :taunt: :taunt: , to be contender for a starting spot in the SE. You would have to invest in not just elite level training for him but also upgrade the competitive level of the entire league for him to be competitive...
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Scipio Africanus »

danfo driver wrote: Fri Dec 22, 2023 1:25 am
Dammy wrote: Fri Dec 22, 2023 12:53 am
d

One thing I have realized about life is that everyone has the capacity to perform at a high level. The most common reason most people do not is because there is no motivation to do so. For example, did you hear about the story were Harry Redknapp had a bet with Yakubu that he will give him BP 20k if Yak scored 20 goals. Did you hear Yak's version of the story? About how he scored 4 goals in the last match, had 19 goals and he was ready to die on the pitch to score the 5th goal of the match (and 20th goal of the season), as "I don already spend the 20k for my head).

The above story tells you that Yakubu can score 20 goals a season, every season, if he chose to do so. But he didnt! You know why? There was no motivation to do so!

If Nigeria's coach makes it clear today that if you are not playing in a Div 1 team (in a top 5 league), you will NOT smell the National team. I can guarantee you my brother! I can guarantee you that Nigerian players will do everythig within their power to get into a Div 1 team in a top 5 league. All the Leicester and Southampton Div 2 benchwarmers will all of a sudden be playing like Pele and be signing for Div 1 clubs in January! You think these players warming the bench in Div 2 cannot play like Pele?? Bro, motivate them and see the signs and wonders!!

I have supervised people on my teams for years and I know this works like a charm! All human being will meet your standard, if you set unwavering standards! They will meet it!
Supervising the distribution of 404 meat does not count as supervising people! :woot: :woot: :woot: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Wha choo looking at?!
King Futcha
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by King Futcha »

danfo driver wrote: Fri Dec 22, 2023 4:18 pm

well damn
He is talking about "motivation." Relegated players who remain are a dounle wammy -- especially those who willingly remain. They are losers! Not only were you unable to fight to stay up - weak mentality - you decided to remain in a lower, less competitive league - showing you do not have the capacity or desire to compete. To make it worse, there are those who have actually taken a liking to the bench in Div 2 - a triple wammy! you are a FOOKING LOSER! Simple.

Do you remember Maddison, Harvey barnes, Sinisteria, even Gnonto who remained, they and others fought and refused to remain in div 2. They wouldnt accept it! Gnonto even went on strike! For him, being in Div 2 was an insult to his name and a disrespect to his ambition to represent Italy.

In Nigeria, its a different thing. Not only are you relegated, like a dutiful b1ttch of a nigggga, you decided to stay and then 2 of them decided that sitting on the bench is okay. Not a problem. They will still get called up. And you want to win??!!! :lol: :lol: Courtois is a winner! He knows how these things work.
i did not always see it this way but this is the way, spot on.
Saints baby we did it
“I am in my technical zone and I can’t hear the boos,” Domenech said.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

King Futcha wrote: Fri Dec 22, 2023 5:46 pm

well damn

No wahala bro.
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Scipio Africanus »

danfo driver wrote: Fri Dec 22, 2023 8:43 pm
King Futcha wrote: Fri Dec 22, 2023 5:46 pm

well damn

No wahala bro.
Because 404 meat don finish?! :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Wha choo looking at?!
greg
Egg
Egg

Post by greg »

txj wrote: Fri Dec 22, 2023 5:12 pm

What you do not get is that there are levels in football. Even the Lesotho and Zimbabwe farmers know it; even when they upset the form books they know it!!! Because it only happens once in their lifetime and they celebrate it like the nd coming of our savior!!!!

You cannot expect a top scorer from Isikwuato United, coached by Cellular and EII :taunt: :taunt: , to be contender for a starting spot in the SE. You would have to invest in not just elite level training for him but also upgrade the competitive level of the entire league for him to be competitive...
You are the same people that will get mad when people draw straight lines and try to categorize you on either side of it. Is there even the minutest of chances that a foreign based player in a top league experiencing a drop of form can have a lower output than a home based or Div 2 in the form of his life? If Keshi had stuck with Nosa Igiebor and not given Sunday Mba a chance, then we'll surely not have won the ANC. Other African teams keep teaching us this lesson with their "lower level" players. These are NOT UPSETS. They have become more regular in recent years, and they will become the norm of we don't stop getting distracted by club names.
Last edited by greg on Fri Dec 22, 2023 9:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

“Belgian Football Website”…. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Without prejudice to the specific individuals and some (NOT all) of the general points being made, the SUBJUGATED mentality of WOWO Cultists is something else. Btw, while IMHO Emmanuel Dennis does not belong (and has not belonged for ages) in the SE, he is NOT in direct competition with Gift Orban, as he’s a wide forward/midfielder (same as Ahmed, a player who’s served the SE meritoriously over the years but whose consideration for the SE squad over the recent past borders on the criminal).

Frankly, while I personally like Gift Orban, his 3 Belgian league goals this season while struggling to garner playing time does not stack well against those he’s in competition with - Osimhen, Boniface, Mossi, even Onuachu and Iheanacho - apart from arguably Sadiq Umar (who has a similar domestic league output but plays at a much more competitive league and different attributes). It’s unfortunate Orban didn’t get to make his SE bow last season, but THIS season thus far he has NOT deserved it.

Belgian Football Website ko, Belgian Waffles ni!! :roll:
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

BTW, reality is that Emmanuel Dennis will NOT make the final AFCON squad…
Frankly, I am also willing to bet that Ahmed Musa will also NOT make the final cut (even in ANYHOWNESS Nigeria).
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
gochino
Egg
Egg

Post by gochino »

Gotti wrote: Fri Dec 22, 2023 10:03 pm BTW, reality is that Emmanuel Dennis will NOT make the final AFCON squad…
Frankly, I am also willing to bet that Ahmed Musa will also NOT make the final cut (even in ANYHOWNESS Nigeria).
Lol, like you don't know your country. I am certain Ahmed Musa would make the list.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Gotti

I did not read much into mention of Belgian website. But you may be correct that it is used by the poster for an effect among you kniw who. However, why should one focus on what a Begian website states? Why not think about what Cybereagles states? The latter should be more credible given its focus on Nigerian football. Not so?

Gotti wrote: Fri Dec 22, 2023 9:51 pm
“Belgian Football Website”…. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Without prejudice to the specific individuals and some (NOT all) of the general points being made, the SUBJUGATED mentality of WOWO Cultists is something else. Btw, while IMHO Emmanuel Dennis does not belong (and has not belonged for ages) in the SE, he is NOT in direct competition with Gift Orban, as he’s a wide forward/midfielder (same as Ahmed, a player who’s served the SE meritoriously over the years but whose consideration for the SE squad over the recent past borders on the criminal).

Frankly, while I personally like Gift Orban, his 3 Belgian league goals this season while struggling to garner playing time does not stack well against those he’s in competition with - Osimhen, Boniface, Mossi, even Onuachu and Iheanacho - apart from arguably Sadiq Umar (who has a similar domestic league output but plays at a much more competitive league and different attributes). It’s unfortunate Orban didn’t get to make his SE bow last season, but THIS season thus far he has NOT deserved it.

Belgian Football Website ko, Belgian Waffles ni!! :roll:
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics