Randy Waldrum: Could American stay on as boss of Nigeria women?

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

packerland
Egg
Egg
Re: Randy Waldrum: Could American stay on as boss of Nigeria women?

Post by packerland »

greg wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2023 1:18 am The minute we get some confirmation that he's staying on as coach, then I go buy ticket go Paris Olympics. Anybody else in charge will be the same old poor tactics, sent packing early due to poor performance etc. Not worth flying across the Atlantic for.
I don’t understand the hate on Randy. He coached his a$$ off at the WC. Had the chick that missed the Pk converted the chance she had during ET we would’ve been talking about this team making it to the Semi-finals.

The girls seem to genuinely like the coach and I like how he protected the team during the press conference when thr media members tried to bring up the bonus payment and his row with the NFF . He could’ve used that opportunity to trash our NFF once more but he didn’t. He already said what he needed to say before the tournament started.
"Yea right, we await the beatings the Aussie has for them. The Falcons are just another bad team at the women world cup".....fatpokey Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:34 .
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

packerland wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2023 2:45 am
greg wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2023 1:18 am The minute we get some confirmation that he's staying on as coach, then I go buy ticket go Paris Olympics. Anybody else in charge will be the same old poor tactics, sent packing early due to poor performance etc. Not worth flying across the Atlantic for.
I don’t understand the hate on Randy. He coached his a$$ off at the WC. Had the chick that missed the Pk converted the chance she had during ET we would’ve been talking about this team making it to the Semi-finals.

The girls seem to genuinely like the coach and I like how he protected the team during the press conference when thr media members tried to bring up the bonus payment and his row with the NFF . He could’ve used that opportunity to trash our NFF once more but he didn’t. He already said what he needed to say before the tournament started.
SIGNED
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

TonyTheTigerKiller wrote: Mon Dec 25, 2023 11:04 pm
Gotti wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2023 3:52 am
Thunder wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 12:29 amYou heard wrong. FIFA changed its stance, and the prize money was funneled to the players thru their FAs. The Glass House has only paid the each of the ladies $40,000 of the promised $60,000 prize money, without any explanation for the $20,000 withheld. The NFF needs to come clean, and be transparent.
Thunder wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 7:34 pmOhen, you heard wrong & you saw nothing. The NFF needs to pay the ladies their full prize money, and , or explain the $20,000 withheld from each player.
TonyTheTigerKiller wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 1:46 pmYou need to stop doubling down when you’re so obviously wrong. It makes you look foolish🤔❗️
Abegi, enough witn the beer parlor rumor mongering… :D

The WWC appearance bonuses were subject to 32.5% Australian Tax, deducted at SOURCE, for ALL teams that played in Australia (as opposed to the teams that played in New Zealand). That deduction at SOURCE was part of the agreement between FIFA and the Australian government in respect of the hosting rights. In fact, some teams (such as South Africa) would likely be subjected to their own national taxation in addition to the withheld Australian tax.

The Falcons’ Uchenna Kanu is even quoted in this UK Guardian article about the Australian tax deductions.
https://www.theguardian.com/football/20 ... match-fees
https://theathletic.com/5117702/2023/12 ... australia/
You are talking out of context. The issue is wether FIFA made the payments directly to the players or through their respective FAs. Obviously ohenhen1 was wrong on that score so, I don’t know what you mean by “beer parlor rumor mongering”.

Now, if there was a tax issue that prevented the girls from getting the full bonuses promised then FIFA and the NFF should have been transparent about it by offering a timely explanation🤔❗️
Do you have a basic comprehension deficit or do you think the highlights are because we like coloring?
Regardless of who made the payments (and nothing here establishes who did), that’s the requested “explanation”! SMH

Meanwhile, have a happy (perhaps better) New Year - and try to cut down on the beer parlor time! :P
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

Enugu II wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2023 4:29 am

SIGNED
Hate?! :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

With all DUE (emphasis added), that’s a cheap resort to emotionalism where rationality has obviously failed…
Personally, I acknowledged the ‘miraculous’ performance of Randy at the WC, and stated he should continue on that basis.

Nonetheless, it shouldn’t stop us from acknowledging REALITY that SFs lost 6/7 consecutive games pre-WC…
Nor acknowledging the interim LC has performed well under less than ideal conditions (frankly better than pre-WC Randy).

Meanwhile, pointing out the FALSEHOOD that the reason Randy didn’t win COTY was because he’s non-African is actually NOT a criticism of Randy himself (a far better coach who beat him twice won it), but of those peddling such FALSEHOODS!

HAPPY NEW YEAR to all…
Even to WOWO Cultists who bizarrely equate our non-subservience to ‘hatred’! :lol:
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

Gotti wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2023 5:53 am
TonyTheTigerKiller wrote: Mon Dec 25, 2023 11:04 pm
Gotti wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2023 3:52 am
Thunder wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 12:29 amYou heard wrong. FIFA changed its stance, and the prize money was funneled to the players thru their FAs. The Glass House has only paid the each of the ladies $40,000 of the promised $60,000 prize money, without any explanation for the $20,000 withheld. The NFF needs to come clean, and be transparent.
Thunder wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 7:34 pmOhen, you heard wrong & you saw nothing. The NFF needs to pay the ladies their full prize money, and , or explain the $20,000 withheld from each player.
TonyTheTigerKiller wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 1:46 pmYou need to stop doubling down when you’re so obviously wrong. It makes you look foolish🤔❗️
Abegi, enough witn the beer parlor rumor mongering… :D

The WWC appearance bonuses were subject to 32.5% Australian Tax, deducted at SOURCE, for ALL teams that played in Australia (as opposed to the teams that played in New Zealand). That deduction at SOURCE was part of the agreement between FIFA and the Australian government in respect of the hosting rights. In fact, some teams (such as South Africa) would likely be subjected to their own national taxation in addition to the withheld Australian tax.

The Falcons’ Uchenna Kanu is even quoted in this UK Guardian article about the Australian tax deductions.
https://www.theguardian.com/football/20 ... match-fees
https://theathletic.com/5117702/2023/12 ... australia/
You are talking out of context. The issue is wether FIFA made the payments directly to the players or through their respective FAs. Obviously ohenhen1 was wrong on that score so, I don’t know what you mean by “beer parlor rumor mongering”.

Now, if there was a tax issue that prevented the girls from getting the full bonuses promised then FIFA and the NFF should have been transparent about it by offering a timely explanation🤔❗️
Do you have a basic comprehension deficit or do you think the highlights are because we like coloring?
Regardless of who made the payments (and nothing here establishes who did), that’s the requested “explanation”! SMH

Meanwhile, have a happy (perhaps better) New Year - and try to cut down on the beer parlor time! :P
Why do you have to behave like a lowly gutter snipe every time? Whatever education you might have received appears to be lost on you. I feel sorry for you that you and your retarded brain will never understand that insults are not a substitute for a credible argument. They just make you look more stupid than you really are.

I would reciprocate on the new year wish if it were possible for someone with so much self-hate as yourself to be happy🤔❗️

Cheers.
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

TonyTheTigerKiller wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2023 6:32 amWhy do you have to behave like a lowly gutter snipe every time? Whatever education you might have received appears to be lost on you. I feel sorry for you that you and your retarded brain will never understand that insults are not a substitute for a credible argument. They just make you look more stupid than you really are.

I would reciprocate on the new year wish if it were possible for someone with so much self-hate as yourself to be happy🤔❗️
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Sometimes, it’s better to keep your gob shut and keep folks guessing than to continue driveling and confirm their suspicions…
Accordingly, given you don’t understand a simple concept as ‘self-hate’ spares us pondering as to your comprehension capacity.

Meanwhile, still wishing you a HAPPY NEW YEAR…
If you avoid the beer parlor circuit, it might even be a BETTER New Year (as alcohol-free brain cells aids comprehension :lol: ).
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
waka-man
Egg
Egg

Post by waka-man »

It actually looks like we all agree:

After a pretty poor performance as coach in both friendlies and wafcon, Randy seems to have got his head around the job just when it mattered and “coached his a$$ off” at the WC. Now that he’s got the hang of it, we should all hope he stays on because they’ll have a huge chance at the Olympics under him.

I also will book my tickets to Paris if he stays in charge.
-------------------------------------------
MY NAME IS WAKA-MAN, and YES, I AM A CHELSEA FAN. Please don't hate me - I was fan when David Ellery dashed Cantona two penalties as Man U beat us 4-0 in the FA Cup final. So I've paid my dues.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

waka-man wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2023 9:17 am It actually looks like we all agree:

After a pretty poor performance as coach in both friendlies and wafcon, Randy seems to have got his head around the job just when it mattered and “coached his a$$ off” at the WC. Now that he’s got the hang of it, we should all hope he stays on because they’ll have a huge chance at the Olympics under him.

I also will book my tickets to Paris if he stays in charge.
Amen o.
God knows I need a sports holiday….
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
packerland
Egg
Egg

Post by packerland »

Gotti wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2023 6:16 am

SIGNED

With all DUE (emphasis added), that’s a cheap resort to emotionalism where rationality has obviously failed…
Personally, I acknowledged the ‘miraculous’ performance of Randy at the WC, and stated he should continue on that basis.

Nonetheless, it shouldn’t stop us from acknowledging REALITY that SFs lost 6/7 consecutive games pre-WC…
Nor acknowledging the interim LC has performed well under less than ideal conditions (frankly better than pre-WC Randy).

Meanwhile, pointing out the FALSEHOOD that the reason Randy didn’t win COTY was because he’s non-African is actually NOT a criticism of Randy himself (a far better coach who beat him twice won it), but of those peddling such FALSEHOODS!

HAPPY NEW YEAR to all…
Even to WOWO Cultists who bizarrely equate our non-subservience to ‘hatred’! :lol:
You’re a funny guy 😂 😂

How do you endorse a guy in your first sentence then proceed to take shots at him in the rest of your writing. First you indirectly called his coaching performance at the WC lucky with your miraculous performance quote? then you proceeded to bring up his past failings, and finally you gave reasons on how the current coach is better. Maybe you’re the one in the beer parlor when you typed the above 😂 😂 Happy New Year to you!!!
"Yea right, we await the beatings the Aussie has for them. The Falcons are just another bad team at the women world cup".....fatpokey Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:34 .
packerland
Egg
Egg

Post by packerland »

By the way, Randy is a better coach than Desire Ellis. They had to give some award to a South African since Nigeria and Morocco took home all the awards. We are know where CAF president is from. Morrocco won the best national team for me and the person that coached them was rewarded with the best coach award. Nigerian won the best national team for female but the person that coached them didn’t. It’s not like Morocco won the AFCON.
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

packerland wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2023 2:39 pm
Gotti wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2023 6:16 am

SIGNED

HAPPY NEW YEAR to all…
You’re a funny guy 😂 😂

How do you endorse a guy in your first sentence then proceed to take shots at him in the rest of your writing. First you indirectly called his coaching performance at the WC lucky with your miraculous performance quote? then you proceeded to bring up his past failings, and finally you gave reasons on how the current coach is better. Maybe you’re the one in the beer parlor when you typed the above 😂 😂 Happy New Year to you!!!
Don’t mind Gotti and his ogogoro-infused brain🤔❗️

Cheers.
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Desire Ellis led South Africa to WAFCON title. Deserving of coach of the year The NFF is up to no good. They are probably working on bringing Waldrum back. Instead of scouting and interviewing a replacement. They are wasting our time trying to bring him back.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx