Emmanuel Emenike Hospital, state-of-the-art healthcare facility in Owerri, set to launch in 2024

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Emmanuel Emenike Hospital, state-of-the-art healthcare facility in Owerri, set to launch in 2024

Post by Lolly »

Kudos to the lad. God bless him.

"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
Flex Swift
Egg
Egg
Re: Emmanuel Emenike Hospital, state-of-the-art healthcare facility in Owerri, set to launch in 2024

Post by Flex Swift »

Well done & congratulations I hope provisions have been made for the running when he transitions.
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: Emmanuel Emenike Hospital, state-of-the-art healthcare facility in Owerri, set to launch in 2024

Post by Lolly »

Flex Swift wrote: Mon Jan 01, 2024 12:45 pm Well done & congratulations I hope provisions have been made for the running when he transitions.
Haba! The man still has a long way to go and tens of thousands of patients to be blessed by God’s grace.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

This is fantastic.
God bless Emenike and all those truly dedicated to the care of their people.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Lolly wrote: Mon Jan 01, 2024 1:00 pm
Flex Swift wrote: Mon Jan 01, 2024 12:45 pm Well done & congratulations I hope provisions have been made for the running when he transitions.
Haba! The man still has a long way to go and tens of thousands of patients to be blessed by God’s grace.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Na wa!
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Flex Swift
Egg
Egg

Post by Flex Swift »

Nobody knows when their time is up therefore arrangements should be made for the running of the hospital in the event anything should happen. Example Mac Vien Foe’s state the the art football academy folded up once he passed.

We African should make provisions for the running of any business or establishment to ensure its continuity long after we have departed.
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

He’s not the government and he alone is doing more than them.
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

I think “state of the art” is one of the most abused terms in Nigeria. Nevertheless, people like Emenike who can afford to should continue to make such investments🤔❗️

Cheers.
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

Eaglezbeak wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2024 12:04 am
How is he doing more than the government?

1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Kudos to him. Well done.

But ... do we not know the meaning of the word "State-of-the-art"? This is how uncle ANC used the word "greatest" any and any how on the Vincent Enyeama thread.
Lolly wrote: Mon Jan 01, 2024 12:32 pm Kudos to the lad. God bless him.

The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
Agbako
Egg
Egg

Post by Agbako »

Congrats my broda Emenike. More power to you. This Hospital is a tremendous blessing to your community.
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

1naija wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2024 1:39 pm Kudos to him. Well done.

But ... do we not know the meaning of the word "State-of-the-art"? This is how uncle ANC used the word "greatest" any and any how on the Vincent Enyeama thread.
Lolly wrote: Mon Jan 01, 2024 12:32 pm Kudos to the lad. God bless him.

:cry:
see your mates...what do you have to show for 3 decades of your life in Houston Texas?
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

Lolly wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2024 12:25 am
Eaglezbeak wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2024 12:04 am
How is he doing more than the government?
When Nigerias presidents need to leave Nigeria for medical care believe me,he is doing more than the government!
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

...things are so bad in Nigeria that a little shiny looking thing is classified as "state-of-the-art".
Good job to the young man, like a poster asked above, hope this continues long after.
Nigerian businesses especially those east of the Niger river tend to collapse after the head-honcho no dey again.
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

mcal wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2024 5:39 am ...things are so bad in Nigeria that a little shiny looking thing is classified as "state-of-the-art".
Good job to the young man, like a poster asked above, hope this continues long after.
Nigerian businesses especially those east of the Niger river tend to collapse after the head-honcho no dey again.
Leave them to classify their hospital as “state-of-the-art. And feel free to call yours whatever you wish when you finally build one, though I suspect it is very unlikely you would build even a small clinic.

Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Lolly wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2024 10:38 am
mcal wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2024 5:39 am ...things are so bad in Nigeria that a little shiny looking thing is classified as "state-of-the-art".
Leave them to classify their hospital as “state-of-the-art. And feel free to call yours whatever you wish when you finally build one, though I suspect it is very unlikely you would build even a small clinic.
Lolly

It is commendable that Emenike has done this. I doubt that this is the ISSUE. No one can condemn what he did and deservedly it is praise worthy.

However, journalists have a duty to inform the public of the facts. If, in fact, " state if the art" is used inappropriately here then it is a disservice to the public by tge reporter. It could have been reported as a hospital without using that word which entirely means something else to the reader.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

...damn shame Emenike a footballer was able to build, and building a hospital, but your thieving lords, Buhari, Tinubu, could not instead they travel abroad for their healthcare needs. You are asking me who has not made half what Emenike made, or your inept thieves who stole millions and billions of Nigeria people money.
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

mcal wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2024 8:10 pm
...damn shame Emenike a footballer was able to build, and building a hospital, but your thieving lords, Buhari, Tinubu, could not instead they travel abroad for their healthcare needs. You are asking me who has not made half what Emenike made, or your inept thieves who stole millions and billions of Nigeria people money.
As usual, your opinion of Nigeria is based on what you read on social media and your village memories that have not left you. You are one of those who still thinks Nigerians live on trees and walk about naked.

Last edited by Lolly on Wed Jan 03, 2024 9:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

Enugu II wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2024 1:24 pm
Lolly

It is commendable that Emenike has done this. I doubt that this is the ISSUE. No one can condemn what he did and deservedly it is praise worthy.

However, journalists have a duty to inform the public of the facts. If, in fact, " state if the art" is used inappropriately here then it is a disservice to the public by tge reporter. It could have been reported as a hospital without using that word which entirely means something else to the reader.
But none of us here has seen the equipment bought for the hospital for us to conclude that "state-of-the-art" is being used inappropriately. Or have you?

Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Lolly wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2024 9:50 pm
Lolly

But none of us here has seen the equipment bought for the hospital for us to conclude that "state-of-the-art" is being used inappropriately. Or have you?
I haven't but neither have I claimed it is state of the art or it isn't. BTW, have you seen it?
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

Enugu II wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2024 10:50 pm
Lolly wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2024 9:50 pm
Lolly

I haven't but neither have I claimed it is state of the art or it isn't. BTW, have you seen it?
Neither have I claimed it to be so. But I have no reason to doubt the reporter who made the claim since I haven't seen what equipment is being installed in the hospital. Bro, there is really nothing to discuss here.