Ndidi out of Afcon!!

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Ndidi out of Afcon!! MF Crises?

Post by Tbite »

This is the video. Watch the entire thing. Mikel does admit that things have improved, but I think given that the NFF and Nigeria are still relatively weak in the grand scheme of things, I personally doubt the issue is entirely dealt with.
Buhari, whose two terms thankfully ground to a constitutional halt in May. (One thing both democracies have going for them is that their leaders, however bad, have only two terms to swing the wrecking ball.) Under Buhari, growth per head also plunged to 0. An economic agenda drawn from the dusty pages of a 1970s protectionist handbook failed to do the trick. Despite Buhari’s promise to tame terrorism and criminality, violence flourished. Despite his reputation for probity, corruption swirled. FT
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

On the internet, people can post whatever they like. However, very soon some will soon start paying for posting lies.
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tbite »

Bigpokey24 wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2024 11:37 am On the internet, people can post whatever they like. However, very soon some will soon start paying for posting lies.
Hopefully it is a lie and he will play.
Buhari, whose two terms thankfully ground to a constitutional halt in May. (One thing both democracies have going for them is that their leaders, however bad, have only two terms to swing the wrecking ball.) Under Buhari, growth per head also plunged to 0. An economic agenda drawn from the dusty pages of a 1970s protectionist handbook failed to do the trick. Despite Buhari’s promise to tame terrorism and criminality, violence flourished. Despite his reputation for probity, corruption swirled. FT
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

Now that it’s been officially confirmed that Ndidi is out of AFCON and will be replaced by Alhassan, it just reveals how clueless Peseiro is!
Alhassan is being thrown in at the deep end and despite calls for this player to be capped much earlier, Peseiro, refused to call him up for friendlies but is now calling him up for a tournament
I am happy
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Dammy wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2024 1:02 pm Now that it’s been officially confirmed that Ndidi is out of AFCON and will be replaced by Alhassan, it just reveals how clueless Peseiro is!
Alhassan is being thrown in at the deep end and despite calls for this player to be capped much earlier, Peseiro, refused to call him up for friendlies but is now calling him up for a tournament
KPOM. I am truly surprised by the choice of this particular player. This may lead to rumors that Peseiro is not fully in charge of these invitations. As we know, stories will fly around if and when this team is eliminated. Make no mistake about this.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Tbite wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2024 11:18 am

This is the video. Watch the entire thing. Mikel does admit that things have improved, but I think given that the NFF and Nigeria are still relatively weak in the grand scheme of things, I personally doubt the issue is entirely dealt with.
Kudos to you Tbite for putting your money where your mouth is. :thumb:

We always suspected this and for the exact same reasons Mikel highlighted.
Interesting though that he uses terms like “back then” and then goes on to say “things have changed nowadays”.

I also remember Mikel himself being accused of feigning injury for one of the AfCON tournaments back in the day.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Damunk wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2024 1:49 pm

Interesting though that he uses terms like “back then” and then goes on to say “things have changed nowadays”.

I also remember Mikel himself being accused of feigning injury for one of the AfCON tournaments back in the day.
Mikel never missed an AFCON, he only missed the 2010 WC because he didn't recover in time after the key hole surgery on his knee. He was on the bench vs Colombia during the pre-world cup friendly and was replaced by BRown Ideye. Please do not re-write history . Mikel had over 86-89 caps for the SE.
SuperEagles

maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Damunk wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2024 1:49 pm

Actually he said Vic said that and I knew he didn’t that’s why I probed. Mikel is talking about past things. If our doctors took a look at Ndidi and declared he wasn’t fit then who are we to say he’s faking it?
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
niyi
Egg
Egg

Post by niyi »

Enugu II wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2024 1:14 pm
Dammy wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2024 1:02 pm Now that it’s been officially confirmed that Ndidi is out of AFCON and will be replaced by Alhassan, it just reveals how clueless Peseiro is!
KPOM. I am truly surprised by the choice of this particular player. This may lead to rumors that Peseiro is not fully in charge of these invitations. As we know, stories will fly around if and when this team is eliminated. Make no mistake about this.
In essence, you are saying the player does not match with your expectations of Peseiro. I also have the same reservations because Peseiro is usually conservative and has never invited this player. I have always been curious about how player replacements, for friendly matches, qualifying matches and tournaments are executed in general.
Ona t'Olorun ngba soro
lati se ise re
ona re enikan ko mo
awamaridi ni!
waka-man
Egg
Egg
Re: Ndidi out of Afcon!!

Post by waka-man »

Ndidi is a big loss. He’s a leader in there and a monster in the African game. He’s also developed a lot more tools this season; I was looking forward to see him bring his more positive passing in the attacking phase.

I suspect we’ll see Iwobi partner Onyeka in a double pivot with four ahead of them. Which risks getting over run. Hopefully we’ll bring in Onyedika or Alhassan into a middle three.

But we’ll miss Ndidi at this level, no doubt.
-------------------------------------------
MY NAME IS WAKA-MAN, and YES, I AM A CHELSEA FAN. Please don't hate me - I was fan when David Ellery dashed Cantona two penalties as Man U beat us 4-0 in the FA Cup final. So I've paid my dues.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

waka-man wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2024 1:59 pm Ndidi is a big loss. He’s a leader in there and a monster in the African game. He’s also developed a lot more tools this season; I was looking forward to see him bring his more positive passing in the attacking phase.

I suspect we’ll see Iwobi partner Onyeka in a double pivot with four ahead of them. Which risks getting over run. Hopefully we’ll bring in Onyedika or Alhassan into a middle three.

But we’ll miss Ndidi at this level, no doubt.
massive loss, none of the current replacements are half his water
SuperEagles

Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

SuperEagles

Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

SuperEagles

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Bigpokey24 wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2024 2:14 pm https://www.bbc.com/sport/africa/67872368

the bbc has it
But OWN had it 48hrs before BBC. :sneaky:
OCCUPY NFF!!
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

Fake injury
If purge dey worry you, you no dey select toilet
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

deanotito wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2024 3:45 pmFake injury
What would he gain? Don’t make such comments to damage a man;s character unless it’s a fact. Ndidi hs 45 caps for Nigeria, he doesn’t deserve such slander.
OCCUPY NFF!!
King Futcha
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by King Futcha »

deanotito wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2024 3:45 pmFake injury
a case of i am out of contract and don't want to mess up my money itis.
Saints baby we did it
“I am in my technical zone and I can’t hear the boos,” Domenech said.
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

How is this necessarily unusual? Just cus he was not called for a friendly does not mean the coaching crew are not aware of him and have not been following him.

I mean, the level of conspiracy theories on the forum is totally out of whack!

He's called a player who is playing at a good level. Lets see how the manager fits him into the team rather than these endless conspiracies...
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

If I speak, you guys will claim that i complain too much. Was it not you who, yesterday, accused me???!! Now, your eye don dey open small small? Alhassan has been playing European football for seasons, and yet, our coach was busy sticking to people like Aribo who has been stuck in Div 2 bench this year. Coach doesnt know Alhassan, Alhassan doesnt know him.But if he is selected to start, he'd be expected to perform in a major tournament.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

niyi wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2024 1:58 pm
In essence, you are saying the player does not match with your expectations of Peseiro. I also have the same reservations because Peseiro is usually conservative and has never invited this player. I have always been curious about how player replacements, for friendly matches, qualifying matches and tournaments are executed in general.
Truth is Peseiro hasnt invited enough midfielders to create a large pool in that area. Which other midfielder do you think he'd have invited?
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

danfo driver wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2024 5:36 pm
If I speak, you guys will claim that i complain too much. Was it not you who, yesterday, accused me???!! Now, your eye don dey open small small? Alhassan has been playing European football for seasons, and yet, our coach was busy sticking to people like Aribo who has been stuck in Div 2 bench this year. Coach doesnt know Alhassan, Alhassan doesnt know him.But if he is selected to start, he'd be expected to perform in a major tournament.
Stop takings things too personal. We cannot agree all the time
I am happy
niyi
Egg
Egg

Post by niyi »

txj wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2024 4:01 pm

How is this necessarily unusual? Just cus he was not called for a friendly does not mean the coaching crew are not aware of him and have not been following him.

I mean, the level of conspiracy theories on the forum is totally out of whack!

He's called a player who is playing at a good level. Lets see how the manager fits him into the team rather than these endless conspiracies...
Abeg… Nobody is alleging any sort of conspiracy. Dammy and Enugu are simply analyzing and asking questions about an unclear process. I am sure you know that is one of the purposes of a fan forum.
Ona t'Olorun ngba soro
lati se ise re
ona re enikan ko mo
awamaridi ni!
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Dammy wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2024 5:39 pm
danfo driver wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2024 5:36 pm
Stop takings things too personal. We cannot agree all the time
I agree, but you cant change mouth on the same topic within 24 hours and expect not to be called out on it though.