JOE ECHEGINI JOINS JUVENTUS!

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

iworo
Egg
Egg

Post by iworo »

Juventus is delighted to announce the signing of Jennifer "Joe" Echegini, the latest addition to Joe Montemurro's Juventus Women team. The 22-year-old midfielder, born in the Netherlands and raised in England, plays for the Nigeria national team and arrives at Juventus from Florida, in the United States of America. She has signed a contract until 30 June 2026, and will wear the number 26 shirt.

Echegini was a key player for the Florida State Seminoles, with whom she played over the last few seasons, gaining everyone's attention thanks to her talent while also earning a call-up to the senior Nigeria national team, making the squad for last year's World Cup.

There are several statistics and awards to exemplify what Echegini has achieved in the United States. Let's start with the most recent: she was among the finalists of the MAC Hermann, the most prestigious award in US university football. In December, however, she obtained another highly valuable recognition, winning the Honda Sport Award for women's football. She was then MVP of the ACC Tournament, “ACC Offensive Player of the Year” and named to the “United Soccer Coaches First Team All-American”. And this list could no doubt continue to grow in Italy.

She see out 2023 with 16 goals, the eighth best result ever in the history of her university, and was the first among the ranks of the Florida State Seminoles to reach double figures in goals for multiple seasons in a row since Deyna Castellanos, now the number 10 at Manchester City. She is set to now continue her growth path in black and white, with the desire to pursue and achieve the great objectives that Juventus Women have set their sights on.

Joe will take part in official club activity as soon as her move is completed.

Welcome to Juventus, Joe! We look forward to seeing you on the pitch soon!

https://www.juventus.com/en/news/articl ... s-juventus
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: JOE ECHEGINI JOINS JUVENTUS!

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

I bin think say na man thinking we don hammer in defense or MF. Happy for her but abeg no dey do us this kin thing. :laugh:
OCCUPY NFF!!
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

This girl is quality just from the substitute appearances she had at the WC.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 6:13 pm I bin think say na man thinking we don hammer in defense or MF. Happy for her but abeg no dey do us this kin thing. :laugh:
Obviously you do not follow the Super Falcons if you saw that name and thought it was a man. Okay oooo.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
King Futcha
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by King Futcha »

watched some of her games in the ncaa tournament, she's a baller
Saints baby we did it
“I am in my technical zone and I can’t hear the boos,” Domenech said.
naijaguy
Egg
Egg

Post by naijaguy »

This girl is one of the best players we have in the super falcons.
I wonder why she's always played from the bench.
She's a serious baller. Attacks, defends and scores goals too.
I am just and Ordinary guy being used by an extraordinary God.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

naijaguy wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 9:07 pm This girl is one of the best players we have in the super falcons.
Initially I was somehow confusing her with Esther Okoronkwo, who I don’t think is very good.
But Echegini is a baller. :thumb:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

Enugu II wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 6:40 pm
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 6:13 pm I bin think say na man thinking we don hammer in defense or MF. Happy for her but abeg no dey do us this kin thing. :laugh:
Obviously you do not follow the Super Falcons if you saw that name and thought it was a man. Okay oooo.
EII,

I suspect the poster’s deliberate intent was to make us think he was referring to a man because of the rather misleading title. Everyone here knows unambiguously who Jennifer Echegini is… but few, if any at all, would recognize that Joe Echegini refers to the exact same person🤔🙂❗️

Cheers.
Last edited by TonyTheTigerKiller on Thu Jan 04, 2024 10:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

Damunk wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 9:17 pm
naijaguy wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 9:07 pm This girl is one of the best players we have in the super falcons.
Initially I was somehow confusing her with Esther Okoronkwo, who I don’t think is very good.
Are you high??? Esther Okoronkwo is one of our best forwards in the falcons. If she was fit for the WAFCON Nigeria wins it. If she was 100% at the WWC Nigeria beats England.
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
packerland
Egg
Egg

Post by packerland »

bret- hart wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 10:53 pm
Are you high??? Esther Okoronkwo is one of our best forwards in the falcons. If she was fit for the WAFCON Nigeria wins it. If she was 100% at the WWC Nigeria beats England.
I won’t go that far but she’s a certified baller. Like I said before, the Falcons will win the WWC before the SE even makes it to the quarterfinals of the WC. The talent is there from Gk to Defense to midfield to forwards. No wonder Randy wants to come back despite the insults he got from our media guy.
"Yea right, we await the beatings the Aussie has for them. The Falcons are just another bad team at the women world cup".....fatpokey Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:34 .
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

packerland wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 5:00 am
bret- hart wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 10:53 pm
I won’t go that far but she’s a certified baller. Like I said before, the Falcons will win the WWC before the SE even makes it to the quarterfinals of the WC. The talent is there from Gk to Defense to midfield to forwards. No wonder Randy wants to come back despite the insults he got from our media guy.
The Falcons is stacked in all positions. Especially in the midfield.
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
Adisboy
Egg
Egg

Post by Adisboy »

Esther Okoronkwo is the best finisher in the Falcons. Very clinical. The only issue is we tend to play her out wide, while she's a pure number 9. Again she was recovering from a bad ACL. She has effectively replaced Oparanozie.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Adisboy wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 7:44 pm
Esther Okoronkwo is the best finisher in the Falcons. Very clinical. The only issue is we tend to play her out wide, while she's a pure number 9. Again she was recovering from a bad ACL. She has effectively replaced Oparanozie.
Well, my only viewing of her was in the WWC.
If she was only just recovering from an ACL injury then it is understandable that she wasn’t all that.
I never write a player off like they tend to do on these pages.

I’m happy to hear she’s much better than she was at the WWC.. :thumb:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Thunder
Egg
Egg

Post by Thunder »

iworo wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 4:04 pm JOE ECHEGINI JOINS JUVENTUS!

Juventus is delighted to announce the signing of Jennifer "Joe" Echegini, the latest addition to Joe Montemurro's Juventus Women team. The 22-year-old midfielder, born in the Netherlands and raised in England, plays for the Nigeria national team and arrives at Juventus from Florida, in the United States of America. She has signed a contract until 30 June 2026, and will wear the number 26 shirt.

Echegini was a key player for the Florida State Seminoles, with whom she played over the last few seasons, gaining everyone's attention thanks to her talent while also earning a call-up to the senior Nigeria national team, making the squad for last year's World Cup.

There are several statistics and awards to exemplify what Echegini has achieved in the United States. Let's start with the most recent: she was among the finalists of the MAC Hermann, the most prestigious award in US university football. In December, however, she obtained another highly valuable recognition, winning the Honda Sport Award for women's football. She was then MVP of the ACC Tournament, “ACC Offensive Player of the Year” and named to the “United Soccer Coaches First Team All-American”. And this list could no doubt continue to grow in Italy.

She see out 2023 with 16 goals, the eighth best result ever in the history of her university, and was the first among the ranks of the Florida State Seminoles to reach double figures in goals for multiple seasons in a row since Deyna Castellanos, now the number 10 at Manchester City. She is set to now continue her growth path in black and white, with the desire to pursue and achieve the great objectives that Juventus Women have set their sights on.

Joe will take part in official club activity as soon as her move is completed.

Welcome to Juventus, Joe! We look forward to seeing you on the pitch soon!

https://www.juventus.com/en/news/articl ... s-juventus
Congratulations Joe, on winning the 2023 MAC Hermann Trophy, as the best player in US Women College Soccer.
WHATEVER, WHEREEVER, & WHENEVER, FOREVER ARSENAL! I am an ARSENALIST!
"Wise men talk because they have something to say, fools talk because they have to say something." - Plato
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

packerland
Egg
Egg

Post by packerland »

wiseone wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2024 12:13 pm
Baller doing what ballers do. Our women low key play in better leagues than our men.

Oshuola- Barca
Echiegini- Juventus
Ajibade- Athletico Madrid
Payne - Sevilla
Nnadozie- Paris FC (Champions League)
Okoronkwo; Monday - Tenerife
Ucheibe - Benfica
Imuran; Demehin- stade Reims
Ayinde- Rosengard
Ogbonna- Beskitas

The rest like Alozie, Kanu & Omumonu play in the NWSL which is the #1 ranked women’s league in the world.
"Yea right, we await the beatings the Aussie has for them. The Falcons are just another bad team at the women world cup".....fatpokey Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:34 .
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

packerland wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2024 12:37 pm
Baller doing what ballers do. Our women low key play in better leagues than our men.

Oshuola- Barca
Echiegini- Juventus
Payne - Sevilla
Ucheibe - Benfica
Ayinde- Rosengard
Ogbonna- Beskitas

The rest like Alozie, Kanu & Omumonu play in the NWSL which is the #1 ranked women’s league in the world.
What is your point? Don’t we have men who play in every top league in the world❓🤷🏾‍♀️❗️

Cheers.
packerland
Egg
Egg

Post by packerland »

TonyTheTigerKiller wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2024 1:24 pm

Oshuola- Barca
Echiegini- Juventus
Payne - Sevilla
Ucheibe - Benfica
Ayinde- Rosengard
Ogbonna- Beskitas

What is your point? Don’t we have men who play in every top league in the world❓🤷🏾‍♀️❗️

Cheers.
Always looking for fault in people’s post. The key word I used is “low key.” We talk about our men playing in big clubs but not enough about our women. I’m just saying our ladies play in impressive clubs too.
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

packerland wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2024 1:46 pm

Oshuola- Barca
Echiegini- Juventus
Payne - Sevilla
Ucheibe - Benfica
Ayinde- Rosengard
Ogbonna- Beskitas

Cheers.
Always looking for fault in people’s post. The key word I used is “low key.” We talk about our men playing in big clubs but not enough about our women. I’m just saying our ladies play in impressive clubs too.
If your premise is faulty, shouldn’t it be pointed out? You claimed that our women play in better leagues than our men, something that’s obviously not true which I merely pointed out🤔❗️

Cheers.
packerland
Egg
Egg

Post by packerland »

TonyTheTigerKiller wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2024 1:55 pm

Oshuola- Barca
Echiegini- Juventus
Payne - Sevilla
Ucheibe - Benfica
Ayinde- Rosengard
Ogbonna- Beskitas

Cheers.
If your premise is faulty, shouldn’t it be pointed out? You claimed that our women play in better leagues than our men, something that’s obviously not true which I merely pointed out🤔❗️

Cheers.
I wasn’t going there, but I will if you make me. You take out Osimhen, Boniface, Samu, and Lookman, the rest play in leagues no better than the NWSL if we’re making a fair comparison.
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

packerland wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2024 4:43 pm

Oshuola- Barca
Echiegini- Juventus
Payne - Sevilla
Ucheibe - Benfica
Ayinde- Rosengard
Ogbonna- Beskitas

Cheers.

Cheers.
I wasn’t going there, but I will if you make me. You take out Osimhen, Boniface, Samu, and Lookman, the rest play in leagues no better than the NWSL if we’re making a fair comparison.
Those players who are not in the top 5 leagues of Europe play in Turkey, Portugal and Belgium and the championship. If you’re claiming that the NWSL is better than these leagues then you are on your own and really don’t deserve a response. You probably shouldn’t have gone there… and by the way, you’ve just earned yourself a spot on my ignore list🤔❗️

Cheers
Last edited by TonyTheTigerKiller on Tue Jan 30, 2024 6:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
packerland
Egg
Egg

Post by packerland »

TonyTheTigerKiller wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2024 4:52 pm

Oshuola- Barca
Echiegini- Juventus
Payne - Sevilla
Ucheibe - Benfica
Ayinde- Rosengard
Ogbonna- Beskitas

Cheers.

Cheers.
Those players who are not in the top 5 leagues of Europe play in Turkey, Portugal and Belgium and the championship. If you’re claiming that the NWSL is better than these league then you are on your own and really don’t deserve a response. You probably shouldn’t have gone there🤔❗️

Cheers
And Falcons don’t have players in Turkey (Tochukwu), Portugal (Ucheibe), and Russia (Ordega). Even Payne’s sister that didn’t make the team plays for PSG.

Do you even know where the NWSL is ranked in women’s league? You may need to consult with google. There is a reason the USA have won the World Cup more than any other nations.
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

packerland wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2024 5:07 pm
TonyTheTigerKiller wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2024 4:52 pm

Oshuola- Barca
Echiegini- Juventus
Payne - Sevilla
Ucheibe - Benfica
Ayinde- Rosengard
Ogbonna- Beskitas

Cheers.

Cheers.
Those players who are not in the top 5 leagues of Europe play in Turkey, Portugal and Belgium and the championship. If you’re claiming that the NWSL is better than these league then you are on your own and really don’t deserve a response. You probably shouldn’t have gone there🤔❗️

Cheers
And Falcons don’t have players in Turkey (Tochukwu), Portugal (Ucheibe), and Russia (Ordega). Even Payne’s sister that didn’t make the team plays for PSG.

Do you even know where the NWSL is ranked in women’s league? You may need to consult with google. There is a reason the USA have won the World Cup more than any other nations.
Dude, are you really comparing a women’s league to men’s leagues? Give it up and spare yourself the embarrassment🤔❗️

Cheers.