We can beat CIV

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet
We can beat CIV

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

I know it sounds crazy but this is the type of game the SE actually play their best. :mrgreen:

Let me explain. :laugh:

1, The pressure will be on CIV to get a result, they will come at us and we don’t have to face a low block all game.
2, It’s an evening game so the heat will be less though humidity will still be high.
3, The main problem we have is finishing the chances we create , especially on the counter. It’s unreasonable to expect that the attack will continue to miss 4 sitters a game.
4, We will have the most important thing we need for our offense to thrive . Space on the counter.
5, The defense actually only allowed 3 shots on target. Only the goal that resulted from an error was threatened the keeper.
6, We will have more options in creativity with Nacho coming on in the 2nd half if he can’t start.
7, After watching the Ghana and Egypt games, it’s obvious that Afcon games are a grind it out game of attrition. It’s not about formation as much as it is about heart. Our pride is on the line.
8, The MF is much better with the introduction of Yusuf. In a game where we’re likely to set up low
Yusuf will have more opportunities to break up play in MF and turn it into a counter. I hope he plays,
If not pls delete this thread.
9, CIV wil be over confident after their 3-0 win and forget their vulnerabilities. They have a lot of stiffs.
10, Their LB is suspect at defending, GB made a lot of forays into their box from his flank.

Changes to the team.

1, Drop Sanusi for Onyemachi
2, Ajayi for Bassey
3, Onyedika for Onyeka. Onyedika is a true DM with good technical skills and can carry the ball forward, win tackles and protect the defense.
4, Once again we’ve seen that playing Simon and Lookman together doesn’t work because they play the same position. One gets high usage while the other just treks around the pitch. pick 1 for the left wing and move Iwobi to the right with a free role if Nacho is out.

************** Nwabili**********

Aina**********Troost******Bassey********Onyemachi

*********Onyedika************Onyeka********

***************Yusuf*******************

Iwobi************ Vic*******Lookman/Simon

We can do it. 2-1 SE.
Last edited by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA on Sun Jan 14, 2024 11:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
OCCUPY NFF!!
bushboy
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: We can beat CIV

Post by bushboy »

I'd start Moffi. Let Vic come off the bench.
Bushboy's bushmen : 1.Isaac Success 2. Terem Moffi 3. Victor Boniface 4. Samuel Omorodion. 5. Samson Tijani. 6. Rafiu Durosinmi.
Who will be next?
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

bushboy wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2024 11:28 pm I'd start Moffi. Let Vic come off the bench.
You are a troll lmao
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

I think we can get a result though. I don't see anything special about CIV.
Babadee
Egg
Egg

Post by Babadee »

airwolex wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2024 11:30 pm I think we can get a result though. I don't see anything special about CIV.
Has anything in the last 10 games given you such confidence to make that statement?

We will probably Draw or Lose versus CIV.

If this Team makes Quarterfinals i will be shocked.

The only time dey flex or win is versus amateurs or Sao tome which are amateurs.
nzeogwu
Egg
Egg

Post by nzeogwu »

We will get a minimum of four points from
Our last two matches. Maximum of six. No doubt.

There’s no way we keep missing eight to ten chances per game, again. Not possible.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

airwolex wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2024 11:30 pm I think we can get a result though. I don't see anything special about CIV.
I don’t know if you watched the other games today but Afcon is not about tactics o. The team that wants it the most starts the game up 1-0. It’s up to those that feel they are better to equalize. EQ started the game cautious and nervous in the first few mins. As soon as they figured we weren’t about ssshhhhiiit they just took the ball and scored. It was up to us after that.

You really have to start these games mad as hell. like somebody went to your house,stole your car then crashed it,and you still owe $10k on the car. Gotta go after teams and impose your will, otherwise you’ll get swindled. Just ask Ghana, Egypt and SE.
Last edited by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA on Sun Jan 14, 2024 11:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
OCCUPY NFF!!
Naija fan
Egg
Egg

Post by Naija fan »

We absolutely have to win the game. A draw can still get us through but I will sleep better with a win. CIV has the luxury to play for the draw since they already have 3 points so that may work to our favor. Judging by the AFCON results so far, there are no "small boys" in African soccer anymore.
"It is not who you are that holds you back, it's who you think you are not."
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Naija fan wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2024 11:40 pm We absolutely have to win the game. A draw can still get us through but I will sleep better with a win. CIV has the luxury to play for the draw since they already have 3 points so that may work to our favor. Judging by the AFCON results so far, there are no "small boys" in African soccer anymore.
Nope! I Mozambique, Cape Verde and EQ can all grind it out to the finals . Believe that.
OCCUPY NFF!!
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

It does sound crazy. But thank God the match is in the evening, so the temperature should be much cooler than today.

If I am a betting man, I would bet on us getting a draw but not winning.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
Undertaker
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Undertaker »

NO! Hopefully we don't get smashed!
I SEE DEAD PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Lolly wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2024 11:52 pm It does sound crazy. But thank God the match is in the evening, so the temperature should be much cooler than today.

That’s the wrong mentality. You’re giving them too much respect. You’ll come out of the game with a bag of goals in your net. Teams that are upsetting the big boys have NO RESPECT whatsoever for the big boys. They just don’t believe they will lose the game. Infact, they believe they deserve the victory before even stepping in the stadium. They don’t like you, respect you or give a good gaad dayum where you play or what skills you have. They want to see the back of you.,

If we play for a draw we’ll lose by 3 goals.
OCCUPY NFF!!
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2024 12:00 am
Lolly wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2024 11:52 pm It does sound crazy. But thank God the match is in the evening, so the temperature should be much cooler than today.

That’s the wrong mentality. You’re giving them too much respect. You’ll come out of the game with a bag of goals in your net. Teams that are upsetting the big boys have NO RESPECT whatsoever for the big boys. They just don’t believe they will lose the game. Infact, they believe they deserve the victory before even stepping in the stadium. They don’t like you, respect you or give a good gaad dayum where you play or what skills you have. They want to see the back of you.,

If we play for a draw we’ll lose by 3 goals.
I am not giving them any respect. I have seen enough of our boys to know how they will play.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Undertaker wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2024 11:59 pm NO! Hopefully we don't get smashed!
If that’s what you’re hoping for then you will get smashed.
OCCUPY NFF!!
ahidjo2
Egg
Egg

Post by ahidjo2 »

Babadee wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2024 11:36 pm
Has anything in the last 10 games given you such confidence to make that statement?

The only time dey flex or win is versus amateurs or Sao tome which are amateurs.
We really don't need this type of negativity right now
ahidjo2
Egg
Egg

Post by ahidjo2 »

Undertaker wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2024 11:59 pm NO! Hopefully we don't get smashed!
Get smashed by who? Ivory Coast? because they are Brazil or Argentina? We didn't get smashed when they had the Drogbas and Toures. From the last game I saw them play, there is no way they are beating Nigeria irrespective of how we play.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2024 11:24 pm I know it sounds crazy but this is the type of game the SE actually play their best. :mrgreen:
The SE? I think you are thinking back to the SE under Keshi or someone else. Definitely not under this one, Egu or ****.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

ahidjo2 wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2024 2:05 am

Our fans are like our players. Both cut from the same cloth. :lol: :lol: :lol: Always crying and begging for someone to say something nice about them. TUEHHH!!! This is why I hated **** so much! He completely, absolutely and BOMBASTICALLY destroyed the mentality of our players and fans! He made everyone weak, beggy and always looking to learn! TUEH!!! I say! TUEHH!!! :oops: :oops: :oops: God forbid bad thing!

We used to be a proud and tough people. Look at us now. Begging for nice words, crying about internet words, unable to handle pressure. Just wow!
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Orion
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Orion »

Anything can happen when it comes to Nigeria vs CIV. Our players will be fired up for it.

The perceived gap was even bigger between their star-studded "golden generation" and Keshi's new team in 2013. But we defeated them.
"I Think, Therefore I am" - Rene Descartes
Babadee
Egg
Egg

Post by Babadee »

ahidjo2 wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2024 2:05 am

You call it negativity i call it objective realism.

I have watched all of Super Eagles matches friendly and official
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Not can ...will..
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2024 11:24 pm I know it sounds crazy but this is the type of game the SE actually play their best. :mrgreen:

Let me explain. :laugh:

1, The pressure will be on CIV to get a result, they will come at us and we don’t have to face a low block all game.
2, It’s an evening game so the heat will be less though humidity will still be high.
3, The main problem we have is finishing the chances we create , especially on the counter. It’s unreasonable to expect that the attack will continue to miss 4 sitters a game.
4, We will have the most important thing we need for our offense to thrive . Space on the counter.
5, The defense actually only allowed 3 shots on target. Only the goal that resulted from an error was threatened the keeper.
6, We will have more options in creativity with Nacho coming on in the 2nd half if he can’t start.
7, After watching the Ghana and Egypt games, it’s obvious that Afcon games are a grind it out game of attrition. It’s not about formation as much as it is about heart. Our pride is on the line.
8, The MF is much better with the introduction of Yusuf. In a game where we’re likely to set up low
Yusuf will have more opportunities to break up play in MF and turn it into a counter. I hope he plays,
If not pls delete this thread.
9, CIV wil be over confident after their 3-0 win and forget their vulnerabilities. They have a lot of stiffs.
10, Their LB is suspect at defending, GB made a lot of forays into their box from his flank.

Changes to the team.

1, Drop Sanusi for Onyemachi
2, Ajayi for Bassey
3, Onyedika for Onyeka. Onyedika is a true DM with good technical skills and can carry the ball forward, win tackles and protect the defense.
4, Once again we’ve seen that playing Simon and Lookman together doesn’t work because they play the same position. One gets high usage while the other just treks around the pitch. pick 1 for the left wing and move Iwobi to the right with a free role if Nacho is out.

************** Nwabili**********

Aina**********Troost******Bassey********Onyemachi

*********Onyedika************Onyeka********

***************Yusuf*******************

Iwobi************ Vic*******Lookman/Simon

We can do it. 2-1 SE.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
COOKING SPOON
Egg
Egg

Post by COOKING SPOON »

I watched the match again and it wasn't so bad.We outplayed them were by far the better team and it was just a matter of bad luck that we didn't win by a huge margin.

Let's not lose hope the team is actually quite good. Whatch the match again and you would see that there's a lot of potential here for us to go far.

I would suggest that we change the holding midfielder, Frank Onyeka is unserious (he was at fault for the goal), and Raphael Onyedika should replace him. We have a good goalkeeper, Alhassan Yusuf reminds me of Mutiu Adepoju (one of my all-time favorites), Sanusi ought to take a step back for Bruno, Ajayi is not suited for the rough-and-tumble African game, he should make way for Awaziem.

Aside from all this, we have a good team.

I don't see the Ivory Coast beating us.
They seek him here.
They seek him there.
Moderators seek him everywhere.
They seek him at night
And even at noon
That damn elusive cooking spoon
Robotnik
Egg
Egg

Post by Robotnik »

Best result is a draw, but could get ugly fast if the midfield and defense are not alert.