Another Injury in Super Eagles Camp? Sadiq Out! Paul Onuachu Called Up

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Orion
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Another Injury in Super Eagles Camp? Sadiq Out! Paul Onuachu Called Up

Post by Orion »

danfo driver wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2024 7:52 pm
Orion wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2024 7:06 pm
vancity eagle wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2024 4:08 pm Lol

People still trying to downplay 25 players

Dame people who defend Musa and the criminal NFF.

No big deal, so why is it only NIGERIA who is doing this of all the big teams.

This is just daft and there is no excuse.

Yes it is like having 5 subs and not using them, even when things are not working.

Do we not believe in building for the future ?

How will the addition of Tella and Fisayo not help those 2 integrate into our setup.

Players who can deputize for Iwobi if he's ever injured. No we'd rather be left scrambling.

Not important I guess. Musas cap record is what matters.

Nigerians are FOOLS.
LOL! You're the fool making a big deal out of nothing. Absolutely nothing! :rotf:

Each team can replace an injured player 24 hours before their first game.

So why the hoopla about two extra players who would likely never smell playing time?

I know why. It's just a diversion. You know your team is crap, whether you select 25, 27, or 50 players.

You have no confidence in the team so you're already lining up your excuse. It's not because our players are just not good enough. It's because "we only took 25 players when it should have been 27". We needed more players to keep the bench warm. :rotf: :rotf:
you are missing the point and you are thinking within the box. If you have your 27 man squad, and someone gets injured:

1. you dont have to beg a club to release players, like Nice with Moffi.

2. the player has been training with you, acclimatizing, involved in tactics and team bonding. So, he is not just coming out off the cold weather in Europe, with zero understanding of what the team has been doing and is not up to speed. Instead, he is already there and just seamlessly slides in.

Isnt this obvious? Even if you love Peseiro and the NFF or even if you dont like people complaining, can you simply just be honest with yourself?
You’ve provided a scenario in which 27 players would have helped IF those 2 extra players were strikers and the players that got injured were also strikers. But the injuries are just a coincidence. They're random. The injured players could have easily been midfielders, defenders, or even goalkeepers.

On the other hand, we could have taken 27 players, but the extra 2 players are midfielders. Lord knows SE fans have complained for a long time that we don’t list enough midfielders. So, Peseiro could’ve answered our prayers and added 2 extra midfielders to the squad. That puts us right in the same place we are now if strikers start getting injured.

Do you see how stupid the argument becomes? You can’t mitigate all possible injury scenarios with 2 extra players.

With a 25-man squad, we already have 2 full teams and 3 extra players. Two more players in team #3 will not make a difference.
"I Think, Therefore I am" - Rene Descartes
waka-man
Egg
Egg

Post by waka-man »

danfo driver wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2024 7:52 pm
Orion wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2024 7:06 pm
vancity eagle wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2024 4:08 pm Lol

People still trying to downplay 25 players

Dame people who defend Musa and the criminal NFF.

No big deal, so why is it only NIGERIA who is doing this of all the big teams.

This is just daft and there is no excuse.

Yes it is like having 5 subs and not using them, even when things are not working.

Do we not believe in building for the future ?

How will the addition of Tella and Fisayo not help those 2 integrate into our setup.

Players who can deputize for Iwobi if he's ever injured. No we'd rather be left scrambling.

Not important I guess. Musas cap record is what matters.

Nigerians are FOOLS.
LOL! You're the fool making a big deal out of nothing. Absolutely nothing! :rotf:

Each team can replace an injured player 24 hours before their first game.

So why the hoopla about two extra players who would likely never smell playing time?

I know why. It's just a diversion. You know your team is crap, whether you select 25, 27, or 50 players.

You have no confidence in the team so you're already lining up your excuse. It's not because our players are just not good enough. It's because "we only took 25 players when it should have been 27". We needed more players to keep the bench warm. :rotf: :rotf:
you are missing the point and you are thinking within the box. If you have your 27 man squad, and someone gets injured:

1. you dont have to beg a club to release players, like Nice with Moffi.

2. the player has been training with you, acclimatizing, involved in tactics and team bonding. So, he is not just coming out off the cold weather in Europe, with zero understanding of what the team has been doing and is not up to speed. Instead, he is already there and just seamlessly slides in.

Isnt this obvious? Even if you love Peseiro and the NFF or even if you dont like people complaining, can you simply just be honest with yourself?
This assumes at least one of the extra 2 players would have been a striker.

The point everyone is making is even with two additional players there’s no guarantee it would have been strikers and you would still have the same problem.

For what it’s worth, I think most of us, me included, would have clamoured for midfielders to get those midfield positions. Considering the initial list, perhaps Yusuf and Nwakali. In that case, we’d still be in this situation with the injuries to Boniface and Sadiq. You’d still want to call up someone from cold Europe to take their place.
-------------------------------------------
MY NAME IS WAKA-MAN, and YES, I AM A CHELSEA FAN. Please don't hate me - I was fan when David Ellery dashed Cantona two penalties as Man U beat us 4-0 in the FA Cup final. So I've paid my dues.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Another Injury in Super Eagles Camp?

Post by Odas »

anointed wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2024 3:49 am
Robbynice wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 10:13 pm
seyiblack wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 7:39 pm
anointed wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 7:24 pm Been reading that Sadiq Umar wasn't in training today and word is it's an injury.

The issue of 27 plays may still haunt and bites us hard.
Has little to do with the issue of 25 vs 27 players and more with a provisional list for all positions. Besides, only about 16 of the players will play each game so the list of 25 or 27 already has a buffer/reserves built in. This just sounds like a quest to complain.
Thank you o my brother...Fans sha dem must make a big deal about everything even when there is nothing. It is a damn shame if you ask me...smdh
All these because I used the word 'may'. Maybe I should have used the word 'will'.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: You probably should have, but I doubt it would have made any difference
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

airwolex wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 10:57 pm
nzeogwu wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 9:19 pm Some people are concerned about 27 players. Rules or no rules, people, let’s focus on the present.

In the previous tournaments, you were only allowed 23. Furthermore for those that recall, in 2004, Agali, Aiyegbeni and Babayaro were kicked off the squad. WE STILL WERE ONE ODEMWINGIE PENALTY away from the final. We finished the tournament with 18 players. What is 27?

Chill!
I disagree. Just because it was only 25 players in the past doesn't mean you should not take advantage of the 27.

Now we are in a situation whereby a player like Moffi, who will definitely play a major role, will be flying in in the dying minutes. What a wasted opportunity. He could have had vital days training and blending with the others. We were even lucky his club released him at all.

There's also the Toto Schillachi effect. There's always a chance a player you didn't think would figure, shines in training and lights up the tourney. Schilacchi did it in Italia 90. Milla did it in the same tournament. Owen did much the same in 1998. With 27 players you have a little bit more leeway to pick a few fringe guys that could be HIM.

Finally just put a promising youngster in the team like Brazil do to give them experience. Ronaldo said he learned so much from the 1994 experience. I just feel all bases should be covered and when you don't do that, you have situations like this ridiculous Moffi scenario.

So for me there's a reason we have 27 places now. To give teams room for manoeuvre, it is silly not to take advantage of it for me.
You guys are trying to make a mountain out of a mole hill. Inviting 27 players is not as important as making sure that the right kind of players are invited; players who can step up and compensate for any injured players. Secondly, suppose two extra forwards were invited and players in the defense or midfield pick up injuries, how does it help that you invited two extra players? The key to managing the adversity of injuries effectively is to invite multi-purpose players whenever you can🤔❗️

Cheers.
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

Onuachu

🤦🏽
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

DIMKA76
Egg
Egg

Post by DIMKA76 »

highbury wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2024 3:53 am Support the team rather than crying like a woman with a painful period to an anonymous forum. Can all the hollering change anything? Use the brain the Almighty God gave you
Constructive feedback is part of supporting the team.
WE ARE ALL TOGETHER!!