Nigerian soccer standards have dropped precariously. Very sad.

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Field Marshall Ogolo
Eaglet
Eaglet
Nigerian soccer standards have dropped precariously. Very sad.

Post by Field Marshall Ogolo »

I watched the Nigerian Senior Team match against E.G and they are a pale shadow of the team that we are all familiar with (Amokachi Okocha and Yekini). They will not get past the first round unless they are very lucky, and if they do, they will meet their Waterloo in round 2. You can take that to the bank. The oyibo coach is part of the problem. How do you expect a stranger to teach you how to play a round ball? Don't wait for the tournament to end before you get rid of him. As soon as Naija gets eliminated, show him the door.
Last edited by Field Marshall Ogolo on Mon Jan 15, 2024 2:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
I never LOSE, I either WIN or LEARN. – Nelson Mandela
ahidjo2
Egg
Egg
Re: Nigerian soccer is comparable to High school soccer. Very sad.

Post by ahidjo2 »

Field Marshall Ogolo wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2024 1:52 am I watched the Nigerian Senior Team match against E.G and they are a pale shadow of the team that we are all familiar with (Amokachi Okocha and Yekini). They will not get past the first round unless they are very lucky, and if they do, they will meet their Waterloo in round 2. You can take that to the bank. The oyibo coach is part of the problem. How do you expect a stranger to teach you how to play a round ball? Don't wait for the tournament to end before you get rid of him. As soon as Naija gets eliminated, show him the door.
Oga, you can keep your opinion and insult to yourself and focus on your country assuming you are not Nigerian. I am tired of the anti-Nigerian tirade everywhere on the social media by non-Nigerians who have no soccer pedigree. If Nigeria is not doing well at this time, so be it, no one can have it all, all the time. We cannot continue to accept insult from all manner of characters...
Field Marshall Ogolo
Eaglet
Eaglet

ahidjo2 wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2024 2:02 am
Field Marshall Ogolo wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2024 1:52 am I watched the Nigerian Senior Team match against E.G and they are a pale shadow of the team that we are all familiar with (Amokachi Okocha and Yekini). They will not get past the first round unless they are very lucky, and if they do, they will meet their Waterloo in round 2. You can take that to the bank. The oyibo coach is part of the problem. How do you expect a stranger to teach you how to play a round ball? Don't wait for the tournament to end before you get rid of him. As soon as Naija gets eliminated, show him the door.
Oga, you can keep your opinion and insult to yourself and focus on your country assuming you are not Nigerian. I am tired of the anti-Nigerian tirade everywhere on the social media by non-Nigerians who have no soccer pedigree. If Nigeria is not doing well at this time, so be it, no one can have it all, all the time. We cannot continue to accept insult from all manner of characters...
No insult Oga. Just the truth. Naija is going down soon. If you're based in Obodo oyinbo, let us hope you can return the TV before 30 days is over. BestBuy just shortedned their return period to two weeks. Peace, bro!
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: Nigerian soccer standards have dropped precariously. Very sad.

Post by ohenhen1 »

It is not an insult it if it is the truth. As a Nigerian even I have to agree. The standards have been lowered. And they will always do it for white foreign coaches. Even with the bad play I still think Nigeria can get to the Quarters because after watching Egypt and Ghana. There aren't that many good teams in the tournament. There is lack of preparation and the humidity is affecting them. We have guys that are late to arrive camp.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
gurrano
Egg
Egg

Post by gurrano »

ohenhen1 wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2024 5:16 am It is not an insult it if it is the truth. As a Nigerian even I have to agree. The standards have been lowered. And they will always do it for white foreign coaches. Even with the bad play I still think Nigeria can get to the Quarters because after watching Egypt and Ghana. There aren't that many good teams in the tournament. There is lack of preparation and the humidity is affecting them. We have guys that are late to arrive camp.
The other annoying thing for me was the plan to camp in Dubai prior to the tournament when the team should have been preparing in environments with similar conditions as the tournament venue.. not sure why the factor of the weather/temperature/heat was not considered when planning out a camping location especially when the core of the team is coming from places where the temperatures are much cooler than what they would have to deal with in Ivory Coast.. This one is a head scratcher for me
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

:lol: :lol: Nigeria did well. I remember them losing an opener to Madagascar not too long ago. :lol: :lol:

“If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.”- Sun Tzu
scholl
Egg
Egg

Post by scholl »

ohenhen1 wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2024 5:16 am It is not an insult it if it is the truth. As a Nigerian even I have to agree. The standards have been lowered. And they will always do it for white foreign coaches. Even with the bad play I still think Nigeria can get to the Quarters because after watching Egypt and Ghana. There aren't that many good teams in the tournament. There is lack of preparation and the humidity is affecting them. We have guys that are late to arrive camp.
Which humidity? In January? No be harmattan season be that for Côte d’Ivoire too? Abeg leave that side… all these guys, backwater league or not, mostly play in Europe. So nothing nothing for Nigerian players too.
Field Marshall Ogolo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Kabalega wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 5:20 am
:lol: :lol: Nigeria did well. I remember them losing an opener to Madagascar not too long ago. :lol: :lol:

I never watched that match. Very sad.
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

scholl wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 5:45 am
Which humidity? In January? No be harmattan season be that for Côte d’Ivoire too? Abeg leave that side… all these guys, backwater league or not, mostly play in Europe. So nothing nothing for Nigerian players too.
It is extremely humid and hot.

You think the water breaks is for commercial? :roll: :roll:
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

look at this one who sits in front of a screen, you think you can run 90 Mins? smh. the heat is no joke
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
scholl
Egg
Egg

Post by scholl »

Cellular wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 1:58 pm

It’s extremely humid and hot? Is that because you checked the local weather, or you just took what the commentators said?

Water breaks aren’t a novel thing anymore. What’s the latitude in Côte d’Ivoire and what’s the typical weather pattern this time of the year, which isn’t an aberration. Having many African players in Europe, has influenced their adaptation to the climate.
Babadee
Egg
Egg

Post by Babadee »

scholl wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 3:24 pm

It’s extremely humid and hot? Is that because you checked the local weather, or you just took what the commentators said?

Water breaks aren’t a novel thing anymore. What’s the latitude in Côte d’Ivoire and what’s the typical weather pattern this time of the year, which isn’t an aberration. Having many African players in Europe, has influenced their adaptation to the climate.
The heart of the team is based of UK boys who played football in cold weather.

If i was in NFF, i will appoint young smart coaches to create a standing CHAN eagles team from the best out of all leagues. They need to start the scouting from now. 1st goal is to win WAFU and the CHAN.

u17, u23, u20 if these teams are good shape. it will translate to Super Eagles
DSTV and premier League has destroyed Nigerian league
Synopsis
Egg
Egg

Post by Synopsis »

Kabalega wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 5:20 am

It was a dead rubber match following two wins.
scholl
Egg
Egg

Post by scholl »

Babadee wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 5:49 pm

If i was in NFF, i will appoint young smart coaches to create a standing CHAN eagles team from the best out of all leagues. They need to start the scouting from now. 1st goal is to win WAFU and the CHAN.

These organizations/corporations have made sooo much money at the expense of our youth. I maintain that nothing good comes out of Nigeria and Nigerians in its current state, so much so that they make excuses for everything. Set up an important meeting or appointment, they’ll show up late with a bag full of excuses. I guess EG players were wearing extra lightweight, oxygen tanks with them.

Cellular is talking jagajaga about the weather. Maybe he didn’t grow up in the region during harmattan season, where the humidity falls to about 60% and as low as 15-20% in the north. If anything,depending on the latitude, it’s the air quality due to dust particulates. Heck, I remember back in 2000, when Nigeria co-hosted the tournament. It was a great time to be outside. Sunny skies and relatively lower humidity.
Mr. Piffington
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Mr. Piffington »

ahidjo2 wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2024 2:02 am
His job is to troll, he's lucky I'm not a mod.
This post was made by Appitti who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by bully12 who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by COOKING SPOON who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by danfo driver who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by muzines who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by ohenhen1 who is currently on your ignore list.
Mr. Piffington
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Mr. Piffington »

Babadee wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 5:49 pm

Nigeria needs to robust local league where most of it's international players play. It should learn from Nigerian entertainment and build from home.
This post was made by Appitti who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by bully12 who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by COOKING SPOON who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by danfo driver who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by muzines who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by ohenhen1 who is currently on your ignore list.