WALDRUM SIGNS NEW FALCONS’ CONTRACT

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet
WALDRUM SIGNS NEW FALCONS’ CONTRACT

Post by Gotti »

GOOD news for stability…
He EARNED it by his RESULTS at WC.

#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
ugly boy
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: WALDRUM SIGNS NEW FALCONS’ CONTRACT

Post by ugly boy »

This team can win the Olympics
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

Some people said, after the WC, countries will be chasing him. Seems, he had no takers....
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Good news , just continue improving the girls
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

fabio wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 2:29 pm Some people said, after the WC, countries will be chasing him. Seems, he had no takers....
You mean with all the things NFF showed him he still begged to accept NFF job? Hmmm
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”
waka-man
Egg
Egg

Post by waka-man »

He’s getting old. He wants to win something. Falcons offer him that chance. The Olympic team could be even better than the WC team. Joe has developed well, Abiodun and Demahein are even better, and those killer midfielders of Uchebe, Ayinde and Payne are only getting stronger.

And we have one of the world’s best keepers.

Who wouldn’t want the job of coaching such a talented squad?
-------------------------------------------
MY NAME IS WAKA-MAN, and YES, I AM A CHELSEA FAN. Please don't hate me - I was fan when David Ellery dashed Cantona two penalties as Man U beat us 4-0 in the FA Cup final. So I've paid my dues.
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

We have better coaches in Nigeria.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
waka-man
Egg
Egg

Post by waka-man »

Our performances against Aus and England in the World Cup were among the best tactical performances in the history of Nigerian football. Maybe Siasia against Belgium at the Beijing Olympics in 08. Or Westerhoff against Bulgaria in 94. Can’t think of another match where we were so tactically superior to another team.

Lets give the man some credit.
MY NAME IS WAKA-MAN, and YES, I AM A CHELSEA FAN. Please don't hate me - I was fan when David Ellery dashed Cantona two penalties as Man U beat us 4-0 in the FA Cup final. So I've paid my dues.
truetalk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by truetalk »

fabio wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 2:29 pm Some people said, after the WC, countries will be chasing him. Seems, he had no takers....
He has a full time job with Pitt.

If Nigeria won 2 more games at the WC, he may have been in the picture for the US job.

That is probably the only job he would have left Nigeria for, as the current situation is super convenient for him with the part-time arrangement with the Falcons.
packerland
Egg
Egg

Post by packerland »

waka-man wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 5:36 pm Our performances against Aus and England in the World Cup were among the best tactical performances in the history of Nigerian football. Maybe Siasia against Belgium at the Beijing Olympics in 08. Or Westerhoff against Bulgaria in 94. Can’t think of another match where we were so tactically superior to another team.

Lets give the man some credit.
For once even the usual bias commentators weren’t just saying that our girls were physical and fast. Let the man finish the job.
"Yea right, we await the beatings the Aussie has for them. The Falcons are just another bad team at the women world cup".....fatpokey Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:34 .
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

No coach in women's football has as sweet a deal as Waldrum; head coach of Pitt women and Nigeria. Two very high profile jobs at the same time. Why would he want to give that up❓🤔❗️

Cheers.
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

ohenhen1 wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 5:01 pm We have better coaches in Nigeria.
Sure you do🤐

I am not pro foreign coaches but Waldrum has excellent credentials and has acquitted himself very well in his role as coach of the SuperFalcons🤔❗️

Cheers.
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

packerland wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 6:10 pm
waka-man wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 5:36 pm Our performances against Aus and England in the World Cup were among the best tactical performances in the history of Nigerian football. Maybe Siasia against Belgium at the Beijing Olympics in 08. Or Westerhoff against Bulgaria in 94. Can’t think of another match where we were so tactically superior to another team.

Let’s give the man some credit.
For once even the usual bias commentators weren’t just saying that our girls were physical and fast. Let the man finish the job.
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
waka-man
Egg
Egg

Post by waka-man »

Whoever is tickling Gotti should leave him alone. Bobo just dey giggle anyhow and it’s making it impossible for him to say anything.
truetalk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by truetalk »

waka-man wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 7:33 pm Whoever is tickling Gotti should leave him alone. Bobo just dey giggle anyhow and it’s making it impossible for him to say anything.

Meghan Good?
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

I was an early critic but became convinced about his impact when watching the WWC. This is a good decision by the NFF to renew his contract.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
mystic
Egg
Egg

Post by mystic »

Enugu II wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 8:43 pm I was an early critic but became convinced about his impact when watching the WWC. This is a good decision by the NFF to renew his contract.

He's a good coach. His resume as a college coach in the US is undeniable. However he needed to prove that he could hack it at the national team level and our World Cup performance was a huge boost for him in this aspect.
mystic
Egg
Egg

Post by mystic »

TonyTheTigerKiller wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 6:11 pm
No coach in women's football has as sweet a deal as Waldrum; head coach of Pitt women and Nigeria. Two very high profile jobs at the same time. Why would he want to give that up❓🤔❗️

Cheers.

I've never been a fan of this arrangement but I guess it works for both parties. The NFF gets to pay part time wages (as against what he would have demanded as a full time coach). While Randy has another source of income to fall back on when he's being owed by our football administrators.
iworo
Egg
Egg

Post by iworo »

Enugu II wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 8:43 pm I was an early critic but became convinced about his impact when watching the WWC. This is a good decision by the NFF to renew his contract.
I too was initially critical of him, but I quickly recognized the impact he had on the team with a disciplined defensive style of play, even during our losses in the pre-World Cup friendly matches. For the first time, I witnessed a Falcon team playing with a distinct pattern rather than relying solely on individual skills and physical strength. Therefore, I wholeheartedly support him to continue as the Falcon's coach.
Adisboy
Egg
Egg

Post by Adisboy »

ohenhen1 wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 5:01 pm We have better coaches in Nigeria.
Like who?
bushboy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bushboy »

So we can't get anyone better than a college coach? Na wa oo!!
Bushboy's bushmen : 1.Isaac Success 2. Terem Moffi 3. Victor Boniface 4. Samuel Omorodion. 5. Samson Tijani. 6. Rafiu Durosinmi.
Who will be next?
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

truetalk wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 8:35 pm
waka-man wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 7:33 pm Whoever is tickling Gotti should leave him alone. Bobo just dey giggle anyhow and it’s making it impossible for him to say anything.
Meghan Good?
Meghan is a good laugh alright….

But not as hilarious as waka-man’s assertion of the SF v England game, where we were a player up for over 35 minutes (including the entirety of extra-time) and could hardly create any credible scoring chances, as “among the best tactical performances in the history of Nigerian football”. But perhaps he was referring to the inexplicable substitution of Ordega for Kanu, or the even more inexplicable switching of Alozie (who was already blowing out of her sitter) to left-winger with Ajibade devolving to RWB.

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Last edited by Gotti on Tue Jan 16, 2024 10:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Babalawo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Babalawo »

They should have thrown in the Super Eagles Job as well, 1 stone 2 birds. I’m sure he’s better than that current Mugu we have there masquerading as a coach.
Peter Obi For President 2023