1-1 v EQ looking better?

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet
1-1 v EQ looking better?

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

I swear this Afcon no be beans at all. The draw vs EQ is starting to look better by the day considering the extreme conditions the game was played in. These so called minnows have ganged up on the big teams and made a pact to fight to the finish. It’s borderline guerrilla warfare. BF needed a pk to escape MAU, Namibia bushwhacked Tunisia, CV refused to chop kenke, Cameroun hit road block and Angola almost finished Algeria. Senegal won after the Gambia went down to 10 men. CIV is the only team to win comfortably but I suspect playing at home helped a lot but they’re not out of the woods yet. There’s birds of prey searching for wounded elephants.

Sometimes to just have to talk it on the chin and fight another day. Folks, I don’t think we know what will happen in this Afcon. Imho, 1-1 is not a good result but it could have been worse. The main point is that we have to take a cue from the so minnows and fear nobody at all at all. Give no respect to nobody because Afcon no respect anybody.
OCCUPY NFF!!
waka-man
Egg
Egg
Re: 1-1 v EQ looking better?

Post by waka-man »

Better and better by the minute.
Even Senegal over Gambia, was Gambia with 10 men.
Them and CIV are the only two favorites that have done the business.
What a first round. African football no be joke.
Don’t be surprised if we have some minnows topping groups.
Imagine the party going on in Windhoek right now. Kai!
-------------------------------------------
MY NAME IS WAKA-MAN, and YES, I AM A CHELSEA FAN. Please don't hate me - I was fan when David Ellery dashed Cantona two penalties as Man U beat us 4-0 in the FA Cup final. So I've paid my dues.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 8:22 pm I swear this Afcon no be beans at all. The draw vs EQ is starting to look better by the day considering the extreme conditions the game was played in. These so called minnows have ganged up on the big teams and made a pact to fight to the finish. It’s borderline guerrilla warfare. BF needed a pk to escape MAU, Namibia bushwhacked Tunisia, CV refused to chop kenke, Cameroun hit road block and Angola almost finished Algeria. Senegal won after the Gambia went down to 10 men. CIV is the only team to win comfortably but I suspect playing at home helped a lot but they’re not out of the woods yet. There’s birds of prey searching for wounded elephants.

Sometimes to just have to talk it on the chin and fight another day. Folks, I don’t think we know what will happen in this Afcon. Imho, 1-1 is not a good result but it could have been worse. The main point is that we have to take a cue from the so minnows and fear nobody at all at all. Give no respect to nobody because Afcon no respect anybody.
There’s a new slogan in Naija gone viral: ‘No ‘gree for anybody’
They should take a cue from their fellow youths back home.

Even the army and police no ‘gree for demsef. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Damunk wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 8:39 pm
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 8:22 pm I swear this Afcon no be beans at all. The draw vs EQ is starting to look better by the day considering the extreme conditions the game was played in. These so called minnows have ganged up on the big teams and made a pact to fight to the finish. It’s borderline guerrilla warfare. BF needed a pk to escape MAU, Namibia bushwhacked Tunisia, CV refused to chop kenke, Cameroun hit road block and Angola almost finished Algeria. Senegal won after the Gambia went down to 10 men. CIV is the only team to win comfortably but I suspect playing at home helped a lot but they’re not out of the woods yet. There’s birds of prey searching for wounded elephants.

There’s a new slogan in Naija gone viral: ‘No ‘gree for anybody’
They should take a cue from their fellow youths back home.

Even the army and police no ‘gree for demsef. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

My broda the thing don reach Afcon before e reach niaja o. Dem no gree at all at all for Afcon. Dem no wan negotiate sef. :laugh: Even Mauritania no gree ra ra at all. :laugh:
OCCUPY NFF!!
DIMKA76
Egg
Egg

Post by DIMKA76 »

Be very careful, Civ don't need a result tomorrow. Naija do. SE will be sitting ducks for counter attacks. I expect 3-1 to CIV.
WE ARE ALL TOGETHER!!
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

DIMKA76 wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 2:19 am Be very careful, Civ don't need a result tomorrow. Naija do. SE will be sitting ducks for counter attacks. I expect 3-1 to CIV.
Are you watching Afcon at all? CIV has 3 pts but if you think all they have to do is show up vs SE and EG you’ll be in for a shock. Both SE and EG can beat CIV. Fact.
OCCUPY NFF!!
packerland
Egg
Egg

Post by packerland »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 3:54 am
DIMKA76 wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 2:19 am Be very careful, Civ don't need a result tomorrow. Naija do. SE will be sitting ducks for counter attacks. I expect 3-1 to CIV.
Are you watching Afcon at all? CIV has 3 pts but if you think all they have to do is show up vs SE and EG you’ll be in for a shock. Both SE and EG can beat CIV. Fact.
Most host nations tend to struggle in their first game. While this has been a tournament of upsets, the draw against EG is not different from what we got served during one two WCQ games.
"Yea right, we await the beatings the Aussie has for them. The Falcons are just another bad team at the women world cup".....fatpokey Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:34 .
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Considering we played the early game.

No other "favorite" who failed to beat their "minnow" played in the early match.

From all the "favorites" who failed.

Ghana, Egypt, Tunisia, Algeria, Cameroon,

Nigeria easily looked the best of all those teams.

On top of that we had the warmest conditions AND the toughest opponent (going by results from last afcon)
Enyi
Egg
Egg

Post by Enyi »

vancity eagle wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 6:36 am Considering we played the early game.

No other "favorite" who failed to beat their "minnow" played in the early match.

On top of that we had the warmest conditions AND the toughest opponent (going by results from last afcon)
When it is all said, SE did not play badly…Nwabili did not have a save to make…

If we took our chances, we would have won 3/4-1 easily

CIV game will really tell us where we stand
The stupid neither forgive nor forget- the smart forgive- but never forget" -Thomas Szasz.

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and consciencious stupidity."
-Martin Luther King- Jr.

“Our Audacity to rise from our losses is what makes Nigerian the number one footballing nation in Africa - Stephen Keshi RIP

Those who don't take decisions never make mistakes."..........
Ugbowo
Egg
Egg

Post by Ugbowo »

Glad everyone is waking up to reality.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Enyi wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 7:53 am
vancity eagle wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 6:36 am Considering we played the early game.

CIV game will really tell us where we stand
Yes it will.

First competitive match against what I see as a top 30 team in the world.

We've played lots of lower opposition who sit back. This will be a totally different type of match.
delisyomie don
Egg
Egg

Post by delisyomie don »

that is why all our players have to give 110% when playing an African team, names like big countries or players don't matter in African football again.
thanks
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

I looked up EQ on the map, the map posted by Bigpokey on another thread. SE drew with the tiny oil nation next to Gabon, the exact EQ that asked to become part of Nigeria in the 70s.
There is not enough alcohol that would make that result look better.
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Scipio Africanus »

No it is not looking better. Looking at the chances created, that game should have been won 3-1 or 4-1.

Wha choo looking at?!
Ugbowo
Egg
Egg

Post by Ugbowo »

ANC wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 6:30 pm I looked up EQ on the map, the map posted by Bigpokey on another thread. SE drew with the tiny oil nation next to Gabon, the exact EQ that asked to become part of Nigeria in the 70s.
Go look up their AFCON Qualification record.

This is not the donkey ages any more. Football has evolved.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Ugbowo wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 6:33 pm
ANC wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 6:30 pm I looked up EQ on the map, the map posted by Bigpokey on another thread. SE drew with the tiny oil nation next to Gabon, the exact EQ that asked to become part of Nigeria in the 70s.

Forget qualifying.

The beat Algeria and tied against CIV and Mali at the last AFCON.

Some people do indeed think we are still in the stone ages.

Truth is though we still should have flogged them if only we could finish.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Don’t mind the Olodo. What does size of a country on a map have to do with how good they are? :roll:
OCCUPY NFF!!
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2024 1:27 am

Don’t mind the Olodo. What does size of a country on a map have to do with how good they are? :roll:
Where did I mention the size of EQ?
Of course, the size of a country does not matter; It's a foregone conclusion that Cameroon is a better footballing nation than you. EQ have not upped their game as much as NGR has lowered theirs.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

ANC wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2024 2:36 am
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2024 1:27 am

Where did I mention the size of EQ?
Of course, the size of a country does not matter; It's a foregone conclusion that Cameroon is a better footballing nation than you. EQ have not upped their game as much as NGR has lowered theirs.
We’re lowering everything in Nigeria . We no gree for anybody at all. :laugh:
OCCUPY NFF!!
waka-man
Egg
Egg

Post by waka-man »

EQ no be joke O!
I’m in the stadium and you really get to see and enjoy their off the ball movement in a way you can’t onscreen. They could honestly win this group. In fact, kudos to the SE for limiting them to so few chances.
If we lose today, the best we can hope for is to qualify as 3rd place finishers.
-------------------------------------------
MY NAME IS WAKA-MAN, and YES, I AM A CHELSEA FAN. Please don't hate me - I was fan when David Ellery dashed Cantona two penalties as Man U beat us 4-0 in the FA Cup final. So I've paid my dues.
bushboy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bushboy »

A 34yr old showing APOY how to finish chances. Na wa ooo!!
Bushboy's bushmen : 1.Isaac Success 2. Terem Moffi 3. Victor Boniface 4. Samuel Omorodion. 5. Samson Tijani. 6. Rafiu Durosinmi.
Who will be next?
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

bushboy wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2024 4:17 pm A 34yr old showing APOY how to finish chances. Na wa ooo!!
I said it in 2 other threads.

Osimehn is a disgrace. If we fail at this afcon, it will be on HIM.

Just like our missing Qatar World Cup was ON HIM.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

waka-man wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2024 4:15 pm EQ no be joke O!
I’m in the stadium and you really get to see and enjoy their off the ball movement in a way you can’t onscreen. They could honestly win this group. In fact, kudos to the SE for limiting them to so few chances.
If we lose today, the best we can hope for is to qualify as 3rd place finishers.
This is a joke and I am sorry, but this is why this fanbase is collectively a loser! :oops: :oops: my word! Game that we watched with our own eye? A guinea that we should be smashing for fun and now our fans are giving the SE "kudos" for drawig against a team we should have smashed 5-1?!! :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

If we are 3rd or 4th in the group, it will be because our coach is poor, our fanbase are losers and our players are mentally weak.

EQG used their head to collect their draw, went on to smash Bissau, like a serious team and their plan will be to collect draw against CIV. Simple! :clap:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?