Guinea Bissau vs Nigeria (0-1)FT

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

waka-man
Egg
Egg
Re: Guinea Bissau vs Nigeria (0-1)FT

Post by waka-man »

Just left the stadium.
We played within ourselves.
A bit of complacency evidenced, especially Nwabali, Ajayi and Aina. I’m worried Nwabali thinks he’s a star. He needs to learn to keep it simple and not mess about with the ball.
I feel so sorry for Aribo; he’s just not in the game. Something is not right there. And Bright is not right for this level.
Omeruo is passable, but he’s a sub. Everything is agricultural.
Bassey and Osimhen are the future of Nigerian football. They do everything with commitment.
Osimhen’s hold up, link up, hustle and attitude should be taught to every striker. People say he’s not very technical, but na lie. He’s everything.
Onyedika looks like the natural successor to Ndidi and brought order alongside Iwobi. I now understand the critism of Onyeka. He hustles, puts himself about. But he just doesn’t have a football brain. He can only do the obvious.
As for the rest: Samu, Moses and the subs (who were all upgrades) did what they do and got us there.

For what it’s worth, I think this team is mastering a system and showed they can play it as a low block and play it as a press. It allows a centre half (Ajayi or Bassey) to help overload the midfield and it gives the wide forward a lot of flexibility.

And we are playing conservative, tournament football. I would not want to play us.
Last edited by waka-man on Mon Jan 22, 2024 8:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-------------------------------------------
MY NAME IS WAKA-MAN, and YES, I AM A CHELSEA FAN. Please don't hate me - I was fan when David Ellery dashed Cantona two penalties as Man U beat us 4-0 in the FA Cup final. So I've paid my dues.
waka-man
Egg
Egg
Re: Guinea Bissau vs Nigeria (0-1)

Post by waka-man »

green4life wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 7:58 pm
Naija fan wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 7:48 pm Our passes are either too long or too short. Interestingly, the best passer on the team is VO
Don't say it too loudly. Unfortunately, he's not surrounded with enough football IQ players... it is what it is.
Osimhen is the best everything in our team. He was astonishing today.
-------------------------------------------
MY NAME IS WAKA-MAN, and YES, I AM A CHELSEA FAN. Please don't hate me - I was fan when David Ellery dashed Cantona two penalties as Man U beat us 4-0 in the FA Cup final. So I've paid my dues.
Cally
Egg
Egg

Post by Cally »

waka-man wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 8:15 pm Just left the stadium.
A bit of complacency evidenced, especially Nwabali, Ajayi and Aina. I’m worried Nwabali thinks he’s a star. He needs to learn to keep it simple and not mess about with the ball.
I feel so sorry for Aribo; he’s just not in the game. Something is not right there. And Bright is not right for this level.
Bassey and Osimhen are the future of Nigerian football. They do everything with commitment.
Osimhen’s hold up, link up, hustle and attitude should be taught to every striker. People say he’s it very technical, but na lie. He’s everything.
Onyedika looks like the natural successor to Ndidi and brought order alongside Iwobi. I now understand the critism of Onyeka. He hustles, puts himself about. But he just doesn’t have a football brain. He can only do the obvious.
As for the rest: Samu, Moses and the subs (who were all upgrades) did what they do and got us there.

For what it’s worth, I think this team is mastering a system and showed they can play it as a low block and play it as a press. It allows a centre half (Ajayi or Bassey) to help overload the midfield and it gives the wide forward a lot of flexibility.

And we are playing conservative, tournament football. I would not want to play us.
One of the smartest pieces of match analysis I've read from this pages. I wouldn't bet against this Nigerian team. There's something really street-smart and solid about them, despite the lack of goals. We shall see.
http://www.meditationsofthesoul.com

"My friends - "We need to really reassess the way we trash our national team, derogate some players and disrespect the people that run our football. Let the brand new Super Eagles become our new Brand of national pride.. The unifying identity for all.. Bar none!" - CE's The Great Seloweizer (6/24/13)

The Arsenal Football Club - "The Deeper The Foundation, The Stronger The Fortress."
Field Marshall Ogolo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Field Marshall Ogolo »

Bigpokey24 wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 12:32 pm Final group match.
Just one goal?
I never LOSE, I either WIN or LEARN. – Nelson Mandela
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

You clearly havent watched Nwabali before last week. I hadnt either, but since then, I have gone to look at some of his South Africa performance. THAT IS HIS GAME! He is a sweeper-keeper, who prefers to play out!

That tells you everything you need to know about the coach. A coach that went to recruit a goalkeeper and does not know that his tactics has to make the best out of his goalkeeper? Its like Ten Haag who went to recruit Onana and refuses to change his defensive tactics to compliment Onana's skills. O ma se o!
]I feel so sorry for Aribo; he’s just not in the game. Something is not right there.

Remember when I tried to advise you people about the dangers of Div 2 players? Courtois even tried to advise you guys, but you refused to listen because you Nigerians are very stubborn!! The quality of lower Div is too low.
So what has the coach been doing for 1 year, if they are still "mastering' the system?

Same way the other one came and lied to us that we were learning and 5 years went by! Tueh!!!
I would not want to play us.
GB's substitutes would want to play us every day of the week! We all saw what they did to us.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

green4life wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 7:55 pm
danfo driver wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 7:50 pm
green4life wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 7:43 pm
lacidi wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 7:41 pm And we were twerking for playing 90mins defence and scoring a penalty goal against CIV
Why we no go twerk when that pk gave us 3 valuable points? :taunt:
:rotf: :rotf: How the mighty have fallen.

And then Vancity twerked to open the thread that we should give Peseiro contract. :rotf:
Level done change a while ago ... once I embraced the reality, I've been less stressed watching SE games. You have seen our team. :lol:
My brother, it is what it is.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

green4life wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 8:01 pm
Tbite wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 7:52 pm Coach needs to work hard with Iwobi one on one.

I feel our tournament will live and die with whether or not he can step it up a notch.

Abeg Okocha go and demand more from your nephew. We need someone who has some semblance of technical ability.
When I mentioned this during our opening game vs EG, they nearly slap me for this forum. no wahala.
Their eye clear today! They experienced Aribo jogging around like person wey dey push truck. :lol: :lol:
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

danfo driver wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 8:22 pm
You clearly havent watched Nwabali before last week. I hadnt either, but since then, I have gone to look at some of his South Africa performance. THAT IS HIS GAME! He is a sweeper-keeper, who prefers to play out!

That tells you everything you need to know about the coach. A coach that went to recruit a goalkeeper and does not know that his tactics has to make the best out of his goalkeeper? Its like Ten Haag who went to recruit Onana and refuses to change his defensive tactics to compliment Onana's skills. O ma se o!
]I feel so sorry for Aribo; he’s just not in the game. Something is not right there.

Remember when I tried to advise you people about the dangers of Div 2 players? Courtois even tried to advise you guys, but you refused to listen because you Nigerians are very stubborn!! The quality of lower Div is too low.
So what has the coach been doing for 1 year, if they are still "mastering' the system?

Same way the other one came and lied to us that we were learning and 5 years went by! Tueh!!!
I would not want to play us.
GB's substitutes would want to play us every day of the week! We all saw what they did to us.
Onyeka and Ajayi were clueless,they play for clubs whereby nah anywhere belle face so they have no clue about a goalie playing out the back I enjoyed Nwabali, when last did we have a goalie with such good foot work.
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Enyi
Egg
Egg

Post by Enyi »

Osimhen’s hold up, link up, hustle and attitude should be taught to every striker. People say he’s not very technical, but na lie. He’s everything.

I would this that ur a budding scout if this passed my desk….

Beautifully stated….

Aribo has not got his head screwed on right…Onyedika is a much better DM than Onyeka BUT playing African Opponents, I will start Onyeka over Onyedika….
The stupid neither forgive nor forget- the smart forgive- but never forget" -Thomas Szasz.

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and consciencious stupidity."
-Martin Luther King- Jr.

“Our Audacity to rise from our losses is what makes Nigerian the number one footballing nation in Africa - Stephen Keshi RIP

Those who don't take decisions never make mistakes."..........
sabb
Egg
Egg

Post by sabb »

good win boys
we will reconvene for the next
To d Super Eagles - there's no limit to wot can be accomplished when nobody cares who gets the credit (ucb)
speech is ma hammer bang d world into shape - mos def
A win is a win, whether u win by an inch or by a mile - Dominic Toretto
life without knowledge is death in disguise - talib kweli
gochino
Egg
Egg

Post by gochino »

packerland wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 8:08 pm
having your players in Saudi Arabia is the result CIV dey enjoy right now. SOme here wanted VIc to go to SAudi..smh

Vic is playing like he plays in the Saudi league. Three games in and no goal to show for.
Are you for real? Didn't he score in the first game
packerland
Egg
Egg

Post by packerland »

1naija wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 8:10 pm In other words, you did not watch the games.
having your players in Saudi Arabia is the result CIV dey enjoy right now. SOme here wanted VIc to go to SAudi..smh

Vic is playing like he plays in the Saudi league. Three games in and no goal to show for.
I did not. I was going to watch the replay later. Did he score?
"Yea right, we await the beatings the Aussie has for them. The Falcons are just another bad team at the women world cup".....fatpokey Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:34 .
packerland
Egg
Egg

Post by packerland »

gochino wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 8:37 pm

Are you for real? Didn't he score in the first game
My bad. I meant to type one goal to show for. My point is that Vic has scored the same number of goal as Ivory Coast's Fofana who plays in the Saudi League.
"Yea right, we await the beatings the Aussie has for them. The Falcons are just another bad team at the women world cup".....fatpokey Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:34 .
lacidi
Egg
Egg

Post by lacidi »

How I wish Siasia was available. We played some wonderful football under that man.
Its nice when someone shoots ur murderer in the back, without asking to be paid.
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

Enyi wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 8:31 pm

Beautifully stated….

Aribo has not got his head screwed on right…Onyedika is a much better DM than Onyeka BUT playing African Opponents, I will start Onyeka over Onyedika….
:lol: And then we wonder why those tiny countries run rings around our midfielders.

Onyeka is NOT A DM. And neither is Aribo. Both we running around today with no sense of positioning. It is tiring seeing the obvious and yet the guy who earns $50k per month is sleeping on the job. I have been wondering why he hasn't played Onyedika. But he definitely looked more assured than Onyeka.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
icee
Egg
Egg

Post by icee »

I do very much appreciate your cool headed analysis. I agree with most of the above but not all. I do want to re watch the match. I think Aina was tired but he still put in very good crosses into the box. Overall I'll rate us a C+.

This tournament is showing us the way to the future. Who is in, who is out.

OUT:
1. Aribo
2. Ajayi

Maybe out:
1. Osayi

Future:
1. Aina
2. Bassey
3. Iwobi
4. Nwabili
5. Onyedika - I need one more game tho
6. Osimen
7. Lookman

Need to step up:
1. Samu
2. Moses
3. Onyeka
4. Omero

Pisero is a coach that recognizes our talent on the wings. He wants players that can whip a good ball in very quickly and make good decision cos he knows we will find space on the flanks. It then comes down to the decision. This is why he was screaming at Osayi.

I think we have two issues to focus on:
1. improve ball quality into the box
2. Our strikers - including VO need to improve positioning and better time runs. This is why we are having many offsides and missing many goals. If a ball comes in and not well positioned, it's another missed chance. VO can be much more lethal if he works on his runs and positioning - same part of the brain.
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

Cellular wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 8:01 pm The team has reverted back to their pre-tournament form.

How can Peseiro get some consistent good play from this team?

Why play Osimhen 90 minutes?
The man is a poor coach. He got the tactics right against CIV but seeing what EQ did to CIV, maybe it wasn't a great result after all.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
truetalk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by truetalk »

This is a much better post from you and largely agrees with how I saw the game (except suggesting some players think more highly of themselves than they should).

I was about to take you on about your previous post on Nwabili.
truetalk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by truetalk »

This is a much better post from you and largely agrees with how I saw the game (except suggesting some players think more highly of themselves than they should).

truetalk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by truetalk »

danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

lacidi wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 8:57 pm How I wish Siasia was available. We played some wonderful football under that man.
We dont reward corruption.
Enyi
Egg
Egg

Post by Enyi »

Lolly wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 8:58 pm
Enyi wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 8:31 pm

Beautifully stated….

:lol: And then we wonder why those tiny countries run rings around our midfielders.

Onyeka is NOT A DM. And neither is Aribo. Both we running around today with no sense of positioning. It is tiring seeing the obvious and yet the guy who earns $50k per month is sleeping on the job. I have been wondering why he hasn't played Onyedika. But he definitely looked more assured than Onyeka.
He is more assured than Onyeka but GB midfield had no direction….they were a bunch of Onyeka in there…

Put Onyedika there, he will be confused by their confusion
The stupid neither forgive nor forget- the smart forgive- but never forget" -Thomas Szasz.

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and consciencious stupidity."
-Martin Luther King- Jr.

“Our Audacity to rise from our losses is what makes Nigerian the number one footballing nation in Africa - Stephen Keshi RIP

Those who don't take decisions never make mistakes."..........
Ekorian
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Ekorian »

👏 👏 👏
GOD BLESS CANADA, THE GREATEST COUNTRY IN THE WORLD