Aribo

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle
Aribo

Post by Bigpokey24 »

how come many here ignore him? for me he should not wear the number 10 shirt
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Tobi17
Egg
Egg
Re: Aribo

Post by Tobi17 »

Ifeanyi Matthew
Olawoyin
Chuba Akpom
Nwakali
Akinsanmiro

All these guys definitely can't do any worse than Aribo, the fact that Aribo dons that prestigious #10 shirt shows how badly our standard of football has fallen.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

I have defended him in the past, but I cannot do so anymore. He is very average and doesn't do much. He needs to be replaced going forward.

Nwakali
Fisayo Bashiru
Tella
Olawoyin
Akansanmiro
Eletu
Enyi
Egg
Egg

Post by Enyi »

All the above names will fail wearing the same shirt….

The coach that played him, how did he motivate him?

Is that position the best for Aribo?

Iwobi struggles in that same position….not because he is poor but because IT IS NOT TRULY AN AM ROLE.

That Role in that formation is Onyeka’s best position
The stupid neither forgive nor forget- the smart forgive- but never forget" -Thomas Szasz.

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and consciencious stupidity."
-Martin Luther King- Jr.

“Our Audacity to rise from our losses is what makes Nigerian the number one footballing nation in Africa - Stephen Keshi RIP

Those who don't take decisions never make mistakes."..........
gochino
Egg
Egg

Post by gochino »

I am still struggling to understand what exactly he brings to the table, how can anyone take him instead of Nwakali? Naija sef!
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Enyi wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 1:32 pm All the above names will fail wearing the same shirt….

Iwobi struggles in that same position….not because he is poor but because IT IS NOT TRULY AN AM ROLE.

It is true that role is not best for Aribo or Iwobi.

But at least with Iwobi you see the potential and he still can influence the game positively.

Aribo does nothing. He is not it, and needs to be replaced.
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

No confidence whatsoever. Sad to see.
waka-man
Egg
Egg

Post by waka-man »

airwolex wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 2:12 pm No confidence whatsoever. Sad to see.
Correct. Confidence is shot. You can even see it in interviews. Southampton have ruined him. He needs out of there.
-------------------------------------------
MY NAME IS WAKA-MAN, and YES, I AM A CHELSEA FAN. Please don't hate me - I was fan when David Ellery dashed Cantona two penalties as Man U beat us 4-0 in the FA Cup final. So I've paid my dues.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

gochino wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 1:43 pm I am still struggling to understand what exactly he brings to the table, how can anyone take him instead of Nwakali? Naija sef!
Without agreeing with you on Nwakali, I agree with you on the table matter. :thumb:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Enyi
Egg
Egg

Post by Enyi »

vancity eagle wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 1:50 pm
Enyi wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 1:32 pm All the above names will fail wearing the same shirt….

It is true that role is not best for Aribo or Iwobi.

But at least with Iwobi you see the potential and he still can influence the game positively.

Aribo does nothing. He is not it, and needs to be replaced.
He does not fit in ur system…. Don’t take him that’s down in the coach. Can we agree on that at least….

For ppl calling in Nwakali….based on what? This guy will be in Naija football hall of fame and achieved nothing…

Yesterday’s game showed the limitation of Peseiro…. It’s either that he is not good enough OR he is easily controlled…..

Either way, as a SE supporter, he needs to go!!
The stupid neither forgive nor forget- the smart forgive- but never forget" -Thomas Szasz.

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and consciencious stupidity."
-Martin Luther King- Jr.

“Our Audacity to rise from our losses is what makes Nigerian the number one footballing nation in Africa - Stephen Keshi RIP

Those who don't take decisions never make mistakes."..........
Babalawo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Babalawo »

The Nwakali hype on CE is Nauseating!

Aribo is performing below average. The sooner we search for a true AM the better.
Peter Obi For President 2023
highbury
Egg
Egg

Post by highbury »

Aribo looked very heavy.
highbury
Egg
Egg

Post by highbury »

Aribo looked very heavy.
waka-man
Egg
Egg

Post by waka-man »

Babalawo wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 2:54 pm The Nwakali hype on CE is Nauseating!

Aribo is performing below average. The sooner we search for a true AM the better.
Nauseating is definitely an extreme reaction (you get belle?), but yeah, I don’t get the hype.
-------------------------------------------
MY NAME IS WAKA-MAN, and YES, I AM A CHELSEA FAN. Please don't hate me - I was fan when David Ellery dashed Cantona two penalties as Man U beat us 4-0 in the FA Cup final. So I've paid my dues.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

What is there to say, honestly!

I am hoarse! I told you people and someone came here twerking with one yansh that Aribo played 6 games in the Championship. I truly do not blame you guys. I am tired! I have complained about Div 2 benchwarmers and you guys told me to keep quiet! This is the result.

In the first game, I said that if Aribo came in, he will not be able to handle it and may even collapse on the pitch (God forbid bad thing). The same CE member appeared, twerking again, this time with the second bumbum, talking about "6 games!"

Aside from the fact that Aribo is a below average footballer, we are asking a guy who has not played regular football this season to play in that hot weather against guys who are fit as nails??!!! Una wan kill the guy?! Dude couldnt run!

You guys desecrated out jersey by allowing taxi drivers and hey yous to wear it, and now you have desecrated our iconic number 10 jersey.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

danfo driver wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 3:41 pm What is there to say, honestly!

I am hoarse! I told you people and someone came here twerking with one yansh that Aribo played 6 games in the Championship. I truly do not blame you guys. I am tired! I have complained about Div 2 benchwarmers and you guys told me to keep quiet! This is the result.

In the first game, I said that if Aribo came in, he will not be able to handle it and may even collapse on the pitch (God forbid bad thing). The same CE member appeared, twerking again, this time with the second bumbum, talking about "6 games!"

Aside from the fact that Aribo is a below average footballer, we are asking a guy who has not played regular football this season to play in that hot weather against guys who are fit as nails??!!! Una wan kill the guy?! Dude couldnt run!

You guys desecrated out jersey by allowing taxi drivers and hey yous to wear it, and now you have desecrated our iconic number 10 jersey.
Bros it's not about 1st division or 2nd division.

Equatorial Guinea is filled with 2nd and 3rd division players and they are putting our guys to shame.

A 3rd division converted striker is making a complete mockery of African player of the Year.

That being said Aribo is piss poor, no matter what division he plays in. He should no longer be in the team.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

vancity eagle wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 3:45 pm
danfo driver wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 3:41 pm What is there to say, honestly!

Bros it's not about 1st division or 2nd division.

Equatorial Guinea is filled with 2nd and 3rd division players and they are putting our guys to shame.

A 3rd division converted striker is making a complete mockery of African player of the Year.

That being said Aribo is piss poor, no matter what division he plays in. He should no longer be in the team.
I already explained it over the last few months. I dont have the energy to explain it anymore. I will say one thing though - have you actually watched EQG? :rotf: Nigeria outplayed them and should have beaten them 4-1! Ivory Coast also outplayed them and should have kpo kpo'ed them before Ivory coast conceded those counter-punch goals.

Please stop sounding like Bushboy and actually watch games. I give EQG credit for taking their chances and being strategic (i mentioned it in our game thread with them that their coach is a smart man. He tries to sit deep and allow his opponents tire out after 30 minutes and then hits them). But the truth is that if you watched EQG in those games, you will see that their Div 2 and 3 level is showing.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

Aribo has had a difficult start to the seas but he has picked up unfortunately an ignoramus tries to give us false info that he has only played 30 minutes and throws a tantrum like a child when he’s corrected.
I don’t know what Aribo’s problem is but he’s definitely not playing well. His family are with him in CIV to support him and that should encourage him.
Southampton are the form team of the championship and were briefly 2nd yesterday until Ipswich scored a late equaliser against Leicester. So he’s not a bad player if he has started playing regularly for them. He needs to find his mojo
I am happy
greg
Egg
Egg

Post by greg »

A lot of folks here are true fans i.e. don't know football. Aribo is an excellent player. You should go back and watch the friendly with Brazil to remind yourself of his abilities. Only skilled man managers can bring him back to his best. Whoever said his Club has ruined him is very correct. Gernot Rohr saw this with Musa before the WC, and helped engineer a temporary move back to CSKA from Leicester. His performance at the WC seriously embarrassed his haters who didn't know what hit them. Man management is key in Aribo"s situation. It's one of the reasons I miss the late Stephen Keshi.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Aribo has problems and has benchwarmed the whole season. Southampton is doing great in Div 2 because Aribo is NOT part of the team. There is a person on Cybereagles who ran his mouth like broken tap . kpoto kpoto kpoto :lol: :lol: running his leaky mouth about "he has played 6 games." :lol: :lol: :lol: imagine how embarrassing it is for a person to make such a comment and not feel ashamed about it. 6 games! :lol: :lol: and his team sent him off to AFCON excitedly .. look at how positive it is for them. SMH shame.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

greg wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 4:42 pm A lot of folks here are true fans i.e. don't know football. Aribo is an excellent player. You should go back and watch the friendly with Brazil to remind yourself of his abilities. Only skilled man managers can bring him back to his best. Whoever said his Club has ruined him is very correct. Gernot Rohr saw this with Musa before the WC, and helped engineer a temporary move back to CSKA from Leicester. His performance at the WC seriously embarrassed his haters who didn't know what hit them. Man management is key in Aribo"s situation. It's one of the reasons I miss the late Stephen Keshi.
I assume you are referring to the game from 5 years ago? We are truly finished :lol:

Lets go back and watch Onazi and Chris Obodo. One skilled man manager can bring both of them back to their best and they could join the team.

Man management is key to Onazi and Chris Obodo's situations.

TUEHHHHH!!!!
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

greg wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 4:42 pm A lot of folks here are true fans i.e. don't know football. Aribo is an excellent player. You should go back and watch the friendly with Brazil to remind yourself of his abilities. Only skilled man managers can bring him back to his best. Whoever said his Club has ruined him is very correct. Gernot Rohr saw this with Musa before the WC, and helped engineer a temporary move back to CSKA from Leicester. His performance at the WC seriously embarrassed his haters who didn't know what hit them. Man management is key in Aribo"s situation. It's one of the reasons I miss the late Stephen Keshi.
Well said, season before the last, Aribo was playing and scoring in a European cup final! Last season, he was an EPL midfielder .
There’s no doubt about it that he has had some struggles at club level but he has picked up and started regularly with Southampton climbing up the table. Some dude with personal issues against the boy is telling lies that he has played only 30 minutes all season. What a big lie! The forum is not meant for liars! The facts about Aribo playing time with Southampton this season can be gleaned online.
We should not allow people with beef to come and be telling lies against players on the forum!
It’s ok not to like a player but it’s not ok to tell lies against the player!
I am happy
Undertaker
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Undertaker »

Bigpokey24 wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 10:35 am how come many here ignore him? for me he should not wear the number 10 shirt
He is the least creative #10 ever to wear the Green-white-Green jersey. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
I SEE DEAD PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!