1 goal conceded in 3 games

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet
1 goal conceded in 3 games

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

It's not all doom and gloom. SE have only conceded 1 goal in 270mins of football.
That's championship level defense anywhere.

If our MF was as shambolic as this forum suggests, our defense would be a lot more porous.

The team needs to play better but if we maintain current defensive performance and miss just 1 less chance of the ones we create, we'll be poised to go far in this Afcon.

The best way to maintain and possibly improve defensive performance and create even more chances will be the availability of Yusuf.

Bench chukwueze. Move Iwobi to the right with ability to move centrally. I think this was originally proposed by Danfo conductor.

Nwabili

Troost------Ajayi------Bassey

Aina---------Onyeka------Yusuf-----Zaidu

Iwobi--------Vic---------Lookman.

Yusuf will have to be extremely deciplined and not roam out of position. We could also play a 352 with Iwobi behind Vic and Lookman. Our wingers have been ineffective anyway.

We can do it. :thumb:
OCCUPY NFF!!
BigMuze
Egg
Egg
Re: 1 goal conceded in 3 games

Post by BigMuze »

Three at the back. That is the only tactic that has yielded any benefit since Peseiro joined. I am sure he thought we would always outscore our opposition but the toothless strike force have made him rethink.
Since we have wingbacks that are constantly showing up in attack, is there any need for wingers again? He should quietly go to 3-5-2 abeg.

Nwabali

Ajayi Omeruo Bassey

Aina Onyeka Yusuf Zanusi
Iwobi

Iheanacho/Lookman
Osimhen
"Everyone, and particularly every true beliver, should decide which is more important to them. But as for me, I choose eternity over lifetime".
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

BigMuze wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 8:13 pm Three at the back. That is the only tactic that has yielded any benefit since Peseiro joined. I am sure he thought we would always outscore our opposition but the toothless strike force have made him rethink.
Since we have wingbacks that are constantly showing up in attack, is there any need for wingers again? He should quietly go to 3-5-2 abeg.

Nwabali

Ajayi Omeruo Bassey

Aina Onyeka Yusuf Zanusi
Iwobi

Iheanacho/Lookman
Osimhen

Kpom! If wingers cannot deliver then we have to free up Iwobi so he can play further up and do something in MF to create.
OCCUPY NFF!!
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 7:52 pm It's not all doom and gloom. SE have only conceded 1 goal in 270mins of football.

If our MF was as shambolic as this forum suggests, our defense would be a lot more porous.

The team needs to play better but if we maintain current defensive performance and miss just 1 less chance of the ones we create, we'll be poised to go far in this Afcon.

The best way to maintain and possibly improve defensive performance and create even more chances will be the availability of Yusuf.

Bench chukwueze. Move Iwobi to the right with ability to move centrally. I think this was originally proposed by Danfo conductor.

Nwabili

Yusuf will have to be extremely deciplined and not roam out of position. We could also play a 352 with Iwobi behind Vic and Lookman. Our wingers have been ineffective anyway.

The key drawback with your lineup is that Iwobi is right footed and will operate better from the left. I would rather have Iheanacho, Osimhen and Iwobi as the front three… better yet would be a 2-man attack with Iheanacho behind Osimhen. No one in the SuperEagles can deliver those through balls for Osimhen as accurately as Iheanacho can🤔❗️

Cheers.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

TonyTheTigerKiller wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 8:26 pm
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 7:52 pm It's not all doom and gloom. SE have only conceded 1 goal in 270mins of football.

Nwabili

The key drawback with your lineup is that Iwobi is right footed and will operate better from the left. I would rather have Iheanacho, Osimhen and Iwobi as the front three… better yet would be a 2-man attack with Iheanacho behind Osimhen. No one in the SuperEagles can deliver those through balls for Osimhen as accurately as Iheanacho can🤔❗️

Cheers.
I don’t think Nacho is fit enough to start yet. If he’s fit then a straight swap for Chukwueze will do in a 343.
OCCUPY NFF!!
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

Iheanacho will prove to be more effective playing in a 352 behind Osimhen than Iwobi cause we need a sublime finisher lurking in that 18 yrd box, that's why we really need Iheanacho fit and ready against Cameroon (him and Iwobi have the tournament experience of playing against Cameroon)...Ekong will also be pivotal for us.
Enyi
Egg
Egg

Post by Enyi »

Nwabili
Aina, Ajayi, Omeruo, Bassey. Zaidu
Yusuf, Iwobi.
Iheanacho, Osimhen, Lookman

I think Ekong is out, the question is that can we gamble with a less than fully fit Yusuf?
The stupid neither forgive nor forget- the smart forgive- but never forget" -Thomas Szasz.

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and consciencious stupidity."
-Martin Luther King- Jr.

“Our Audacity to rise from our losses is what makes Nigerian the number one footballing nation in Africa - Stephen Keshi RIP

Those who don't take decisions never make mistakes."..........
Enyi
Egg
Egg

Post by Enyi »

Nwabili
Aina, Ajayi, Omeruo, Bassey. Zaidu
Yusuf, Iwobi.
Iheanacho, Osimhen, Lookman

I think Ekong is out, the question is that can we gamble with a less than fully fit Yusuf?
The stupid neither forgive nor forget- the smart forgive- but never forget" -Thomas Szasz.

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and consciencious stupidity."
-Martin Luther King- Jr.

“Our Audacity to rise from our losses is what makes Nigerian the number one footballing nation in Africa - Stephen Keshi RIP

Those who don't take decisions never make mistakes."..........