Maybe 3-5-2 is actually Peseiro’s best formation

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Maybe 3-5-2 is actually Peseiro’s best formation

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

This team looks like the best 11 he can put out to me:

Nwabali
Ajayi
Ekong
Bassey
Aina
Zaidu
Onyeka
Alhassan
Iwobi
Lookman
Osimhen
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Maybe 3-5-2 is actually Peseiro’s best formation

Post by vancity eagle »

Ayo Akinfe wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2024 1:30 am This team looks like the best 11 he can put out to me:

Nwabali
Ajayi
Ekong
Bassey
Aina
Zaidu
Onyeka
Alhassan
Iwobi
Lookman
Osimhen
I agree.

Best lineup and formation.

I'd have gone with Samuel over Zaidu, but Samuel hasn't been at his best.
ugly boy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ugly boy »

I agree i will sacrifice Moses Simon/Chuks wing play for Alhassan Yusuf and move Iwobi closer to Lookman and Osimhen
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

------------Victor Osi and Terem Moff

--------------Lookman -------Iwobi

--Zaidu---------Alhassan Yusu -------Aina

--Calvin Bassey Troost-Ekong Kenneth Omuero
Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tbite »

One thing that I know for sure is that we need a midfielder or at least a false 9.

We need Iwobi and or Iheanacho in the team, REGARDLESS of whether they have done enough to merit it.

We have no other choice. We have to risk it.

If Iheanacho is around 75% match fit, I'd put him in instead of Moffi. He covers ground better than any striker we have. If Iwobi drops too deep, Nacho will cover it.

Nacho is also not one of those dumbarse low IQ players that don't know how to read a play without studying for it for 6 months like it's WAEC. No offense, Onyeka. and importantly his left foot is sweet.

When Nacho wants to score, he scores. No lift back, no second touch, no hesitation. He can hit the shot one time from distance too...on target. When he is in form, there is no Nigerian striker more clinical (on the ground).

IF there is any life in the guy, he must play. Even if it is from the bench. Only excuse Peseiro has is if the Nacho is incapacitated. Nacho is good in ALL stages of the build up. He is the type of guy that can drop deep and play a piercing through ball (a la Mikel) to Osimhen. He is the type of guy that can play a quick one two with Lookman and score. He is the type of guy that can latch onto a loose ball and hit it one time. He is the type of guy that occasionally makes his run in the box. He is also the kind of guy that will hit a long ranger if the defenders peel off. Of course just like Osimhen he is also a danger in the box.

He has way too many tools when he is on. I'd take the gamble.
Last edited by Tbite on Wed Jan 24, 2024 4:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Buhari, whose two terms thankfully ground to a constitutional halt in May. (One thing both democracies have going for them is that their leaders, however bad, have only two terms to swing the wrecking ball.) Under Buhari, growth per head also plunged to 0. An economic agenda drawn from the dusty pages of a 1970s protectionist handbook failed to do the trick. Despite Buhari’s promise to tame terrorism and criminality, violence flourished. Despite his reputation for probity, corruption swirled. FT
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

Tbite wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2024 4:56 am One thing that I know for sure is that we need a midfielder or at least a false 9.

We need Iwobi and or Iheanacho in the team, REGARDLESS of whether they have done enough to merit it.

If Iheanacho is around 75% match fit, I'd put him in instead of Moffi. He covers ground better than any striker we have. If Iwobi drops too deep, Nacho will cover it.

Nacho is also not one of those dumbarse low IQ players that don't know how to read a play without studying for it for 6 months like it's WAEC. No offense, Onyeka. and importantly his left foot is sweet.

When Nacho wants to score, he scores. No lift back, no second touch, no hesitation. He can hit the shot one time from distance too...on target. When he is in form, there is no Nigerian striker more clinical (on the ground).

IF there is any life in the guy, he must play. Even if it is from the bench. Only excuse Peseiro has is if the Nacho is incapacitated.
Kelechi is lazy
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

play Victor Osi and Terem Moff

at the same. you have no midfield anyway. just make your forays count
Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tbite »

ANC wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2024 4:58 am
Tbite wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2024 4:56 am One thing that I know for sure is that we need a midfielder or at least a false 9.

IF there is any life in the guy, he must play. Even if it is from the bench. Only excuse Peseiro has is if the Nacho is incapacitated.
Kelechi is lazy
At times. He goes through cycles. When he is committed, there is no player that brings more to the team (except for Osimhen). It's the reason why despite not exactly commanding that Vardy Role in Leicester, he has always still had SOME type of role in the team. He is far too talented.

Must be one of those situations where he plays himself out of the team, they see he is the best player in training and bring him back. Rinse and repeat.

I am not saying he is always on, but has way too many tools to discard. We must take the risk. His passing range is better than all of our midfielders, perhaps with the exception of Iwobi. His left foot is accurate as hell.

I am sorry, but if the guy has life in him. If he is remotely fit. I would make use of him. To be clear, it is a risk....but there is no other player like him on the squad. Moffi is not like him. Iwobi is also a risk. Chukwueze is also a risk. Zaidu is also a risk.

None of these players fill me entirely with confidence. But in our team we will have to take some calculated risks.
Buhari, whose two terms thankfully ground to a constitutional halt in May. (One thing both democracies have going for them is that their leaders, however bad, have only two terms to swing the wrecking ball.) Under Buhari, growth per head also plunged to 0. An economic agenda drawn from the dusty pages of a 1970s protectionist handbook failed to do the trick. Despite Buhari’s promise to tame terrorism and criminality, violence flourished. Despite his reputation for probity, corruption swirled. FT
iworo
Egg
Egg

Post by iworo »

IF there is any life in the guy, he must play. Even if it is from the bench. Only excuse Peseiro has is if the Nacho is incapacitated. Nacho is good in ALL stages of the build up. He is the type of guy that can drop deep and play a piercing through ball (a la Mikel) to Osimhen. He is the type of guy that can play a quick one two with Lookman and score. He is the type of guy that can latch onto a loose ball and hit it one time. He is the type of guy that occasionally makes his run in the box. He is also the kind of guy that will hit a long ranger if the defenders peel off. Of course just like Osimhen he is also a danger in the box.

He has way too many tools when he is on. I'd take the gamble.
I totally agree with you bro. I will always take a lazy Kelechi over one ineffective energizer bunny headless chicken.
Enyi
Egg
Egg

Post by Enyi »

With the players in the camp….

Nwabili
Aina, Ajayi, Omeruo, Bassey. Zaidu
Yusuf, Iwobi.
Iheanacho, Osimhen, Lookman
The stupid neither forgive nor forget- the smart forgive- but never forget" -Thomas Szasz.

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and consciencious stupidity."
-Martin Luther King- Jr.

“Our Audacity to rise from our losses is what makes Nigerian the number one footballing nation in Africa - Stephen Keshi RIP

Those who don't take decisions never make mistakes."..........
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

Enyi wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2024 5:29 am With the players in the camp….

Nwabili
Yusuf, Iwobi.
This is a vulnerable defense formation if the opponent is clever enough to shoot from outside the 18-yard box.
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

I would go back to 433.

--------------------------------------Nwabili--------------------------------

-----Aina---------------Omeruo-----------Ajayi-----------------Sanusi---

----------Onyeka------------------Yusuf-------------------Iwobi----------------

--------Iheanacho---------------Osimhen---------------------Lookman-----------
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

ohenhen1 wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2024 6:34 am I would go back to 433.

--------------------------------------Nwabili--------------------------------

-----Aina---------------Omeruo-----------Ajayi-----------------Sanusi---

----------Onyeka------------------Yusuf-------------------Iwobi----------------

--------Iheanacho---------------Osimhen---------------------Lookman-----------

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
OCCUPY NFF!!
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Nwabili
Yusuf, Iwobi.
This is just a suicide note. No team on planet earth starts a game without an anchorman!
COOKING SPOON
Egg
Egg

Post by COOKING SPOON »

vancity eagle wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2024 1:38 am
Ayo Akinfe wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2024 1:30 am This team looks like the best 11 he can put out to me:

Nwabali
Ajayi
Ekong
Bassey
Aina
Zaidu
Onyeka
Alhassan
Iwobi
Lookman
Osimhen
I agree.

They don't play the same position
They seek him here.
They seek him there.
Moderators seek him everywhere.
They seek him at night
And even at noon
That damn elusive cooking spoon
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

COOKING SPOON wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2024 7:17 am
vancity eagle wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2024 1:38 am

Nwabali
Ajayi
Ekong
Bassey
Aina
Zaidu
Onyeka
Alhassan
Iwobi
Lookman
Osimhen
I agree.

They don't play the same position
He is looking at moving Ola Aina over to the left and playing Bright Osayi-Samuel on the right. Against Guinea-Bissau, Osayi-Samuel did nothing!
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

This is the 352nd thread on this issue. It’s time to sharap and support the team no matter what formation is used. As far as we know, there’re no certified coaches on CE to justify taking any proposed tactic seriously. Sharap and get ready to clap for the team for once.
OCCUPY NFF!!
Enyi
Egg
Egg

Post by Enyi »

ANC wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2024 5:39 am

Nwabili
Yusuf, Iwobi.
This is a vulnerable defense formation if the opponent is clever enough to shoot from outside the 18-yard box.

Actually it is not. Ur technically defending with 4 in the middle, and 3 on the flanks….

It also allows Lookman and Iheanacho to get closer to Osimhen
The stupid neither forgive nor forget- the smart forgive- but never forget" -Thomas Szasz.

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and consciencious stupidity."
-Martin Luther King- Jr.

“Our Audacity to rise from our losses is what makes Nigerian the number one footballing nation in Africa - Stephen Keshi RIP

Enyi
Egg
Egg

Post by Enyi »

Ayo Akinfe wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2024 7:04 am

Nwabili
Yusuf, Iwobi.
This is just a suicide note. No team on planet earth starts a game without an anchorman!
Alhassan Yusuf is ur anchorman….

Onyeka is not an anchorman and Onyedika is a poor man’s Mikel

-Martin Luther King- Jr.

Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Enyi wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2024 11:03 am

Nwabili
Yusuf, Iwobi.

Actually it is not. Ur technically defending with 4 in the middle, and 3 on the flanks….

Please accept correction Enyi. Your line-up is a recipe for conceding six goals on the counter-attack. At every point in time, two out of the following MUST be on the pitch for Nigeria performing ball-winning duties:

Frank Onyeka
Wilfred Ndidi
Raphael Onyedika
Alhassan Yusuf
Innocent Bonke
Kelechi Nwakali
Joe Aribo

Against quality opposition, you need two ball winners or you are toast!
Enyi
Egg
Egg

Post by Enyi »

Ayo Akinfe wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2024 2:18 pm

Nwabili
Yusuf, Iwobi.

Please accept correction Enyi. Your line-up is a recipe for conceding six goals on the counter-attack. At every point in time, two out of the following MUST be on the pitch for Nigeria performing ball-winning duties:

Frank Onyeka
Wilfred Ndidi
Raphael Onyedika
Alhassan Yusuf
Innocent Bonke
Kelechi Nwakali
Joe Aribo

Ayo….please i have been in football since the age of 16. You correcting me….is a bit patronising but anyways..

U are playing 3-4-2 that technically converts to 3-5-1 or 5-4-1 in the defensive phase and u want to play 2 DM!!!

What do u want to do in the attacking phase?

Ayo….ppl here love ur 10 pointers, which is great but!!

Do understand that I have witnessed greats in football coaching explain this formations time and time again…

The fact that u mention Nwakali and Aribo as ball winning MF is even more worrying…

Iwobi works harder than both and in fact in his club…has played the deep lying creative MF position.

Football is played in phases bro… and there has to be a link…..

-Martin Luther King- Jr.

Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Enyi wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2024 2:45 pm
Ayo Akinfe wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2024 2:18 pm

Nwabili
Yusuf, Iwobi.

Frank Onyeka
Wilfred Ndidi
Raphael Onyedika
Alhassan Yusuf
Innocent Bonke
Kelechi Nwakali
Joe Aribo

Ayo….please i have been in football since the age of 16. You correcting me….is a bit patronising but anyways..

U are playing 3-4-2 that technically converts to 3-5-1 or 5-4-1 in the defensive phase and u want to play 2 DM!!!

What do u want to do in the attacking phase?

Ayo….ppl here love ur 10 pointers, which is great but!!

Do understand that I have witnessed greats in football coaching explain this formations time and time again…

The fact that u mention Nwakali and Aribo as ball winning MF is even more worrying…

Iwobi works harder than both and in fact in his club…has played the deep lying creative MF position.

Football is played in phases bro… and there has to be a link…..

Nobody is above correction!
Babalawo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Babalawo »

ANC wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2024 4:58 am

Kelechi is lazy
This not true!
Why do you guys like peddling such nonsense in here.
He might not be a pacy forward, but what he lacks in speed he compensates by being cerebral. Go and rewatch him from his U-17 days.
Peter Obi For President 2023