José Peseiro having a good campaign with Nigeria: 'They already proposed renewal but I didn't want it'

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

iworo
Egg
Egg
José Peseiro having a good campaign with Nigeria: 'They already proposed renewal but I didn't want it'

Post by iworo »

Selection guided by Portuguese coach qualified for the round of 16 of the CAN

The Nigeria team, coached by José Peseiro, has already guaranteed its presence in the round of 16 of the CAN, a very positive goal that the Portuguese coach highlights in a competition with "many specificities".

"At the beginning of the competition it was said that Senegal, Morocco and Ivory Coast were the big favorites and there were several other candidates: Nigeria, Egypt, Cameroon... Cape Verde and Angola have so far had a great competition too. Only those who know the The specificity of this competition is that you understand the difficulty, the atmospheric conditions, the equality, the purity of the game...", said the coach to SportTV+.

As for the future, Peseiro pointed the finger at the "misleading information" that was circulating in Nigeria about his departure from the national team and clarified: "There are many difficulties, but I have never exposed them and I will not expose them. There is so much misleading information... Someone who They mentioned that he's not even the leader of the federation, someone I've never seen here... The Nigerian press, which is a crazy thing, spread this and then [Portugal] picked up on it. Am I going to continue leading the team? I have a contract until the end from CAN... they already proposed renewal, but I didn't want it".

https://www.record.pt/internacional/com ... s-nao-quis
Tobi17
Egg
Egg
Re: José Peseiro having a good campaign with Nigeria: 'They already proposed renewal but I didn't want it'

Post by Tobi17 »

They proposed renewal of his contract based on what premise? Do we have retards running our football?
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: José Peseiro having a good campaign with Nigeria: 'They already proposed renewal but I didn't want it'

Post by Damunk »

Tobi17 wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2024 7:30 pm They proposed renewal of his contract based on what premise? Do we have retards running our football?
Consider that there might be a lot ‘lost in translation’.
Even he is complaining about fake news.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
packerland
Egg
Egg

Post by packerland »

Y’all want to increase Ohenhen1’s blood pressure 😂
"Yea right, we await the beatings the Aussie has for them. The Falcons are just another bad team at the women world cup".....fatpokey Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:34 .
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

See what Wowo has to done to our football.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
iworo
Egg
Egg

Post by iworo »

packerland wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2024 7:44 pm Y’all want to increase Ohenhen1’s blood pressure 😂

I had him in mind when I posted the article. :D :D :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: I hope we win the tournament and then another team "falls for it" and collects him from our hand. :lol: :lol:

Then seeing that "we can win," H. Renard begs us to coach us. :taunt: :D
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

If we qualify for the World Cup, the sensible thing to do is to go rescue Mike Emenalo from the SPL🤔❗️

Cheers.
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Is he a coach?
TonyTheTigerKiller wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2024 9:42 pm If we qualify for the World Cup, the sensible thing to do is to go rescue Mike Emenalo from the SPL🤔❗️

Cheers.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

TonyTheTigerKiller wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2024 9:42 pm If we qualify for the World Cup, the sensible thing to do is to go rescue Mike Emenalo from the SPL🤔❗️

Cheers.
to do what? :blink:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
ikemba
Egg
Egg

Post by ikemba »

danfo driver wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2024 10:15 pm

Cheers.
to do what? :blink:
To run the NFF :thumb:
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

danfo driver wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2024 7:49 pm :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: I hope we win the tournament and then another team "falls for it" and collects him from our hand. :lol: :lol:

Renard has been lurking around in Ivory Coast. You see am for VIP box at a few matches.

Something is brewing.
felarey
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by felarey »

Peseiro talks too much.
"Winning one trophy is good, I tell you. No matter what trophy it might be, you've got to take it.” - Sir Alex Ferguson

ENGLISH PREMIERSHIP CHAMP20NS, UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE WINN3RS
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

Tobi17 wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2024 7:30 pm They proposed renewal of his contract based on what premise? Do we have retards running our football?
He has the right colour.
Agbako
Egg
Egg

Post by Agbako »

aruako1 wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 1:07 am
He has the right colour.
dAAAANNNNGGG!!!! KILLER-JOE.....!!!!! :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
Bell
Egg
Egg

Post by Bell »

TO ANSWER THAT QUESTION:

Yes.
Bell
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

He won’t return even if he wins because he might not get a paycheck for the next 18 months
OCCUPY NFF!!
packerland
Egg
Egg

Post by packerland »

vancity eagle wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 12:42 am
danfo driver wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2024 7:49 pm :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: I hope we win the tournament and then another team "falls for it" and collects him from our hand. :lol: :lol:

Renard has been lurking around in Ivory Coast. You see am for VIP box at a few matches.

Something is brewing.
They might have invited him for good luck. You know African are so superstitious. He is a good coach/motivator but he’s like Julia Robert from the Runnaway Bride. It feels like he doesn’t stay in one job for long.
"Yea right, we await the beatings the Aussie has for them. The Falcons are just another bad team at the women world cup".....fatpokey Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:34 .
Enyi
Egg
Egg

Post by Enyi »

Something is brewing.
I love that guy’s intensity and man management skills….but I thought he said no?

Just think if Mike Emenalo is the part time sporting director (NFF can’t afford him fully) or consultant and Renard as coach,…..
The stupid neither forgive nor forget- the smart forgive- but never forget" -Thomas Szasz.

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and consciencious stupidity."
-Martin Luther King- Jr.

“Our Audacity to rise from our losses is what makes Nigerian the number one footballing nation in Africa - Stephen Keshi RIP

Those who don't take decisions never make mistakes."..........
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

1naija wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2024 10:00 pm Is he a coach?

Cheers.
Uncle 1naira, why you dey drag yasef for durti like dat. You should leave the stupid comments to dumbarses like danfo driver🤔❗️

Cheers.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Enyi wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 3:24 am

Something is brewing.
I love that guy’s intensity and man management skills….but I thought he said no?

Just think if Mike Emenalo is the part time sporting director (NFF can’t afford him fully) or consultant and Renard as coach,…..
Emenalo is a very wealthy man. I am not so sure its about money. He is one of the most powerful and respected men in football. He clearly values his reputation and will never want anything to tarnish him. He is like Oliseh and was "baked" in the American system - he would want things done by the book, structure etc etc. He knows the NFF and Sports Ministry very well and will NEVER ever want to work with them. It was telling to me when he was at Chelsea and Monaco (and even Saudi), he rarely signed Nigerian players. He clearly doesnt want anything to soil his image.

He reminds me of another Nigerian who was "baked" in the American system. Adebayo Ogunlesi, founder of GIP (and now with Blackrock). Obasanjo offered him the opportunity to serve as minister and he rejected it! Thanked OBJ for the offer and said "no thanks!" Bayo is one of the most respected and powerful men in the PE and investment space across the globe. He didnt want anything to stain him.
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

I think it's you people that don't get it. I think the Nigerian media is doing what they do best...sensationalize the story..Peseiro said people he has never met before came to him and claimed to be NFF officials. Apparently they offered him a contract extension, and he said no. That does not mean he turned down an offer from the NFF. The NFF has not made any offer to him.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.