Should Yusuf start v Cameroun?

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet
Should Yusuf start v Cameroun?

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Reports are that Yusuf, Nacho and Troost have all resumed full training with the team. Should Yusuf start and how does he fit into 343/352 formation? Nacho replacing Chukwueze on the right is like the best move but will Nacho be able to handle the defensive responsibilities in a 343? Chukwueze wasn’t great offensively but he did well in dropping back to help the MF.
OCCUPY NFF!!
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: Should Yusuf start v Cameroun?

Post by ohenhen1 »

He should start if he is the best player available at his position. I also heard Cameroon is expecting Abubakar to start.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

ohenhen1 wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 11:12 pm He should start if he is the best player available at his position. I also heard Cameroon is expecting Abubakar to start.
Vincent Aboubakar, is he really that good?
tedder89
Egg
Egg

Post by tedder89 »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 10:51 pm Reports are that Yusuf, Nacho and Troost have all resumed full training with the team. Should Yusuf start and how does he fit into 343/352 formation? Nacho replacing Chukwueze on the right is like the best move but will Nacho be able to handle the defensive responsibilities in a 343? Chukwueze wasn’t great offensively but he did well in dropping back to help the MF.
You sure we’ll play 3 at the back?

I think Yusuf plays if fit, with him in the 4-3-3 vs EG it provided better balance in midfield and we created more chances than the other games

Not sure Nacho starts in these hot/humid conditions especially with the defensive responsibilities for the wide men but he’s one of our best finishers and will play a part for sure if fit
IN OUR CASE, THERE IS NO TIME. NO SERIOUS COACH WILL TAKE THIS JOB

Pasamu on Monday Feb 22nd 2010 post ANC- I will repeat again, the problem with our team was never ability or personnel or even tactics . It was confidence pure and simple confidence. Amodus team had been spat upon, anything they did was dismissed as insignificant To see the team going from playing brilliant football against Egypt in the first half of their ANC group game to the cautious fear laden play against Zambia was sad.
Ugbowo
Egg
Egg

Post by Ugbowo »

If we play 3-4-3 he should start with Onyedika with Iwobi shifted to the right and Lookman on the left.
If we play 4-3-3 then definitely he starts.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

tedder89 wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 11:47 pm
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 10:51 pm Reports are that Yusuf, Nacho and Troost have all resumed full training with the team. Should Yusuf start and how does he fit into 343/352 formation? Nacho replacing Chukwueze on the right is like the best move but will Nacho be able to handle the defensive responsibilities in a 343? Chukwueze wasn’t great offensively but he did well in dropping back to help the MF.

I think Yusuf plays if fit, with him in the 4-3-3 vs EG it provided better balance in midfield and we created more chances than the other games

Not sure Nacho starts in these hot/humid conditions especially with the defensive responsibilities for the wide men but he’s one of our best finishers and will play a part for sure if fit
So who sits for Yusuf. I still believe the best way to accommodate him is to move Iwobi to the right if we want to,play the 343. Iwobi will help keep the defensive shape.

Aina———-Onyeka———-Yusuf———-Zaidu

Iwobi———-Vic———-Lookman
OCCUPY NFF!!
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Ugbowo wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 11:54 pm If we play 3-4-3 he should start with Onyedika with Iwobi shifted to the right and Lookman on the left.
I missed the last game v GB. How was Onyedika’s performance?
OCCUPY NFF!!
tedder89
Egg
Egg

Post by tedder89 »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 11:55 pm

So who sits for Yusuf. I still believe the best way to accommodate him is to move Iwobi to the right if we want to,play the 343. Iwobi will help keep the defensive shape.

Iwobi———-Vic———-Lookman
It means one of the 3 CBs sits, my preference would be Ajayi so Troost partners Bassey then you have Yusuf with Onyeka behind Iwobi
IN OUR CASE, THERE IS NO TIME. NO SERIOUS COACH WILL TAKE THIS JOB

Pasamu on Monday Feb 22nd 2010 post ANC- I will repeat again, the problem with our team was never ability or personnel or even tactics . It was confidence pure and simple confidence. Amodus team had been spat upon, anything they did was dismissed as insignificant To see the team going from playing brilliant football against Egypt in the first half of their ANC group game to the cautious fear laden play against Zambia was sad.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

tedder89 wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2024 12:00 am
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 11:55 pm

Iwobi———-Vic———-Lookman
It means one of the 3 CBs sits, my preference would be Ajayi so Troost partners Bassey then you have Yusuf with Onyeka behind Iwobi
I doubt the coach will break up his defensive pairing to start the knockout stage.
OCCUPY NFF!!
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Yeah, hesgoal didn't carry it, so only those of us with jobs that could afford cable watched it. He was fantastic.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 11:57 pm
Ugbowo wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 11:54 pm If we play 3-4-3 he should start with Onyedika with Iwobi shifted to the right and Lookman on the left.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

1naija wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2024 12:04 am Yeah, hesgoal didn't carry it, so only those of us with jobs that could afford cable watched it. He was fantastic.
Do,I have cable tv in your uber? :laugh:
Seriously though, did he play well?
OCCUPY NFF!!
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

1naija wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2024 12:04 am Yeah, hesgoal didn't carry it, so only those of us with jobs that could afford cable watched it. He was fantastic.
:D
u need prayers
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Is Onyeka out of the next game? When he got a yellow in the last game the commentator said so, if so then Yusuf might have to start…
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

maceo4 wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2024 12:40 am Is Onyeka out of the next game? When he got a yellow in the last game the commentator said so, if so then Yusuf might have to start…
they wiped the cards clean for the next rounds?
Olayemi14
Egg
Egg

Post by Olayemi14 »

I believe only if you dont pick a 2nd yellow card during the 3rd game.
ANC wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2024 12:44 am
maceo4 wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2024 12:40 am Is Onyeka out of the next game? When he got a yellow in the last game the commentator said so, if so then Yusuf might have to start…
Active member of the JOM & JM Fan Clubs. Baba Eleran of Chelsea FC.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

I would start him-- 110 player!!! This guy will make a difference. I would not even hesitate .
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
bamenda boy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bamenda boy »

ANC wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 11:22 pm
ohenhen1 wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 11:12 pm He should start if he is the best player available at his position. I also heard Cameroon is expecting Abubakar to start.
No
Only two things in life are certain - death and taxes. But there is one other unpleasant certainty: criticism. No one escapes it entirely and often our careers, our emotional stability, even our happiness depends on how we react to it."By Benjamin Franklin"
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Olayemi14 wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2024 4:42 am I believe only if you dont pick a 2nd yellow card during the 3rd game.
Thats what I was afraid of. Onyeka would be a big miss he’s really tried, hopefully Yusuf is available to fill the gap. We don’t need an Aribo in this match.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

maceo4 wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2024 6:47 am
Olayemi14 wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2024 4:42 am I believe only if you dont pick a 2nd yellow card during the 3rd game.
Thats what I was afraid of. Onyeka would be a big miss he’s really tried, hopefully Yusuf is available to fill the gap. We don’t need an Aribo in this match.
Yeah Aribo is an absolute minus 1, Onyeka and Yusuf should give us more steel in the midfield
greg
Egg
Egg

Post by greg »

bamenda boy wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2024 6:07 am
No
Top scorer at the last AFcon. Concerns me, but I know Paso will find a way to deal with him. We just need at least a 2 goal lead and prepare well for penaties.
blueangel
Egg
Egg

Post by blueangel »

We watched all of Nigeria's games on HesGoal
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

greg wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2024 8:09 am
No
Top scorer at the last AFcon. Concerns me, but I know Paso will find a way to deal with him. We just need at least a 2 goal lead and prepare well for penaties.
He is a good efficient player. I hope we pack our lunch.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

No
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: Bamendaboy sef, na real wa!!!!

In my Vincent Aboubakar is a very good player. However, I regard him a a guy who primarily prowls inside the box and is otherwise easy to checkmate. His calling card is air domination where he is deadly especially from crosses. Toko Ekambi is the more dangerous player in 1 v 1 situations because of his pace and trickery. However, he is not clinical and will operate on the flanks if Aboubakar is available centrally. Just my thoughts. Bear in mind that they also have Frank Magri upfront. He is at Toulouse. In my view, the big ones are the first two names.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics