Nwabili's Injury . . .

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet
Nwabili's Injury . . .

Post by danfo driver »

Are your eyes open now? Or you Nigerians still do not believe that it is important to do things on merit? If we chose 3 goalkeepers on merit, we wont be afraid now. But we chose not to do that! We chose to take someone (Uzoho) because he is friends with people on the team. We chose to take 25 players instead of 27 players. Yet, you have people on CE who are still begging for a Div 4 goalkeeper.

Have you guys learned your lesson yet? Or no? Lets continue picking teams with NO merit? :roll:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
ugly boy
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Nwabili's Injury . . .

Post by ugly boy »

3rd goalie can't be worse than Uzoho
naijaguy
Egg
Egg

Post by naijaguy »

Go and rest. This is not the time for this blame game.
I am just and Ordinary guy being used by an extraordinary God.
Babalawo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Babalawo »

danfo driver wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2024 11:29 pm Are your eyes open now? Or you Nigerians still do not believe that it is important to do things on merit? If we chose 3 goalkeepers on merit, we wont be afraid now. But we chose not to do that! We chose to take someone (Uzoho) because he is friends with people on the team. We chose to take 25 players instead of 27 players. Yet, you have people on CE who are still begging for a Div 4 goalkeeper.

Have you guys learned your lesson yet? Or no? Lets continue picking teams with NO merit? :roll:
Quit whining like a lil B & move on!
We are at the QF stage, what will this your whining do for us?
Peter Obi For President 2023
packerland
Egg
Egg

Post by packerland »

Babalawo wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2024 11:37 pm
danfo driver wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2024 11:29 pm Are your eyes open now? Or you Nigerians still do not believe that it is important to do things on merit? If we chose 3 goalkeepers on merit, we wont be afraid now. But we chose not to do that! We chose to take someone (Uzoho) because he is friends with people on the team. We chose to take 25 players instead of 27 players. Yet, you have people on CE who are still begging for a Div 4 goalkeeper.

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: dude is a serial whiner.
"Yea right, we await the beatings the Aussie has for them. The Falcons are just another bad team at the women world cup".....fatpokey Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:34 .
GG of G
Egg
Egg

Post by GG of G »

BUt sadly, he is right, it is hoped the injury is not serious but some of us were saying they should call the Arsenal U-20 goalie or even Ayo Akinfe to be reserve goalie, anyone but Uzoho
"Do not be Misled. God is not one to be mocked. Whatever a man is sowing, this he will also reap." Gal 6:7
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Babalawo wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2024 11:37 pm

Most of CE members clearly have not moved on. Everyone was crying and shaking when Nwabili was injured.

And this also brings me to what I have always complained about Nigerians. Why are you guys always willing and ready to move on?? Why do you guys accept drug dealing, terrorism and genocide an then rather than fight, you sweep it under the rug and say "God dey?" Arent you guys tired of accepting things are moving on? Cant you see that it is the reason Nigeria is in the toilet?
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Synopsis
Egg
Egg

Post by Synopsis »

GG of G wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2024 11:45 pm BUt sadly, he is right, it is hoped the injury is not serious but some of us were saying they should call the Arsenal U-20 goalie or even Ayo Akinfe to be reserve goalie, anyone but Uzoho
I would take that keeper over uzoho. Man, uzoho can’t even kick it past the halfway line.
jungle-jawara
Egg
Egg

Post by jungle-jawara »

Synopsis wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2024 11:52 pm
GG of G wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2024 11:45 pm BUt sadly, he is right, it is hoped the injury is not serious but some of us were saying they should call the Arsenal U-20 goalie or even Ayo Akinfe to be reserve goalie, anyone but Uzoho
I would take that keeper over uzoho. Man, uzoho can’t even kick it past the halfway line.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: After collecting the ball from Omeruo and asking everyone to go up field. I wan die twice when that happened
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

ugly boy wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2024 11:33 pm 3rd goalie can't be worse than Uzoho
...but his a local guy?
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

jungle-jawara wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2024 12:00 am
Synopsis wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2024 11:52 pm
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: After collecting the ball from Omeruo and asking everyone to go up field. I wan die twice when that happened
:rotf:
Uzohos confidence is gone.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Kpom.

Some fools still think the bench is simply for "hanging out"
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Glad he could put some weight on the leg. I think he will be better . What a goalie
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Bigpokey24 wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2024 12:53 am
He wasn't even trying to get off the stretcher. Not good.
OCCUPY NFF!!
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

I saw a Twitter clip of him hobbling to the pitch after the game and the other GKs ( Uzoho and Ojo) came to support him as the he was applauded by some fans, truly emotional sight.
oglex30
Egg
Egg

Post by oglex30 »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2024 1:42 am
Bigpokey24 wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2024 12:53 am
He wasn't even trying to get off the stretcher. Not good.
This is a knee injury, I think he is done for the tournament sadly.
Goalgetter
Egg
Egg

Post by Goalgetter »

Why is Uzoho not able to kick a damn ball past the half line? This is stunning for a professional footballer. Wtf was that? He shouldn’t be on the field if he can’t kick a damn ball.
Are you saying that things you do not know, do not exist, just because you do not know that they exist?
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

This is why you pick your best ballers regardless of sentiments. I pray Uzoho steps up.
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
greg
Egg
Egg

Post by greg »

Goalgetter wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2024 1:51 am Why is Uzoho not able to kick a damn ball past the half line? This is stunning for a professional footballer. Wtf was that? He shouldn’t be on the field if he can’t kick a damn ball.
The is the least on the list of Uzoho concerns. I can live with that as long as he's not tested
truetalk
Site Admin
Site Admin
Nwabali Speaks - I hope to be back, but still feel some pain

Post by truetalk »

Spoke to Nigerian journalists after the game

ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

When I saw him lacing up his shoes, I nearly fainted.
How many lives does this guy have? He has been dropped several times for other goalkeepers, yet he remains.
joao
Egg
Egg

Post by joao »

Oya prayer warriors, make we start praying and fasting, even sef arrange
a prayer vigil for Nwabili to recover before next match.
:wink: :wink: :wink:
"We now live in a nation where doctors destroy health, lawyers destroy justice, universities destroy knowledge,
governments destroy freedom, the press destroys information, religion destroys morals, and our banks destroy the economy.”

― Chris Hedges