SE vs Angola loading

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: SE vs Angola loading

Post by Enugu II »

packerland wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2024 5:54 pm I might be wrong but I thought one of the WCQ games we played with mostly home-based players and Okocha might have missed his way to the airport or something like that.

I remember being at a sports bar with my American and Mexican co-workers watching the game them asking me what happened to us.
Packerland

It was not homebased guys oo! It was full SE squad. However, I feel a new guy [Amunekd jr] debuted in that critical game he always was FC.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
King Futcha
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by King Futcha »

anointed wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2024 9:29 pm
King Futcha wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2024 4:10 pm
Bigpokey24 wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2024 3:21 pm

they are ready for us. WC2006 qualifiers they took 4 points from us. I think we last met them in 2005
Jimmy Gatete became a cult hero on ce during that time, the good old days.
Jimmy Gatete is Rwandan. Scored against us in Kigali. Game was 1-1.
my friend i know he's Rwandan if you recall the last game of the group for Angola was at Rwanda, people on CE were saying he would lead Rwanda to victory in that match, that is what i was referring to.
Saints baby we did it
“I am in my technical zone and I can’t hear the boos,” Domenech said.
anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anointed »

King Futcha wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 12:41 am
anointed wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2024 9:29 pm
King Futcha wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2024 4:10 pm

they are ready for us. WC2006 qualifiers they took 4 points from us. I think we last met them in 2005
Jimmy Gatete became a cult hero on ce during that time, the good old days.
Jimmy Gatete is Rwandan. Scored against us in Kigali. Game was 1-1.
my friend i know he's Rwandan if you recall the last game of the group for Angola was at Rwanda, people on CE were saying he would lead Rwanda to victory in that match, that is what i was referring to.
Ok
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God. For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding...hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world? 21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

ANC wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2024 4:16 pm I really do not see a way for them, unless SE changes formation or there is a defensive blunder.
May the best team win.
Bia [come] ANC, wetin dey do you? Woch kain prayer be dis wey you pray so? We go win Angola weda dem like am or not, dat's all.
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

Bigpokey24 wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 1:34 pm Image
These guys have serviced their Nation. God bless them especially Iwobi who could have chosen the better option for many reasons of playing for England.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Hmm, these young men don serve Nigeria well-well. We suppose to dey tank and encourage dem, no be to dey curse dem wen dem make mistake.

Dem don try, but make dem try win Angola for us, den we go go from there
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
packerland
Egg
Egg

Post by packerland »

Enugu II wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2024 10:55 pm
packerland wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2024 5:54 pm I might be wrong but I thought one of the WCQ games we played with mostly home-based players and Okocha might have missed his way to the airport or something like that.

I remember being at a sports bar with my American and Mexican co-workers watching the game them asking me what happened to us.
Packerland

It was not homebased guys oo! It was full SE squad. However, I feel a new guy [Amunekd jr] debuted in that critical game he always was FC.
Oh ok. Then we dropped the ball big time. Anyway, I don’t feel too bad we didn’t qualify because we didn’t do jack in our next 3 WCs. In fact had we qualified, we would’ve bungled the squad selection with inclusion of undeserved players.

People here blamed Rohr for his comment, but we went to the 2002 WC to learn. We still had some veteran with some juice left in the tank but we decided to go young.
"Yea right, we await the beatings the Aussie has for them. The Falcons are just another bad team at the women world cup".....fatpokey Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:34 .
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Odas wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 2:30 pm
ANC wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2024 4:16 pm I really do not see a way for them, unless SE changes formation or there is a defensive blunder.
May the best team win.
Bia [come] ANC, wetin dey do you? Woch kain prayer be dis wey you pray so? We go win Angola weda dem like am or not, dat's all.
Tobi typed the same thing before Cameroon. I dont understand how you can be a fan and type that comment. Una try sha! I guess when you have multiple teams that you support, its normal. For me, i dont give a dilly dammnnn whether my team is the better team or the worse team, I want to win! Simple as that. "May the *better* team win" my asssssss :lol:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

Lolly wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 2:45 pm
These guys have *served their Nation. God bless them especially Iwobi who could have chosen the better option for many reasons of playing for England.
There. Fixed
If purge dey worry you, you no dey select toilet
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

I have watched all the Angolan games, and they are definitely a step up from Cameroon. Their attackers are in great form, and in Freddy they have a dude who can run the game from the midfield.

That said, I think we are better and will win.
donadoni
Egg
Egg

Post by donadoni »

So Peseiro is Portuguese
Angola was formerly a Portuguese colony and they speak Portuguese
A good number of Angolans live in Portugal

Does this bring any advantage for us?
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

SuperEagles

Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

they are coming for us ooo 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 bobo get mouth oooo AFCON sweet no be small
SuperEagles

Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

SuperEagles

1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

He is not Nigerian. He is a Jew.
May the best team win.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

1naija wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2024 10:52 pm He is not Nigerian. He is a Jew.
May the best team win.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Joke apart, ANC might not be a Nigerian
iworo
Egg
Egg

Post by iworo »

Angola coach reveals he voted Osimhen for Ballon d’Or, names Nigeria’s most dangerous players

The Super Eagles are the highest-ranking team at the AFCON following the exit of Morocco, Senegal, Egypt, Tunisia, and Algeria

Angola head coach Pedro Gonçalves has revealed that he voted Nigeria’a striker Victor Osimhen as the best player in the world during the Ballon d’Or voting process in 2023, Soccernet.ng reports.

Osimhen finished eighth in the final ranking of the 2023 Ballon d’Or, which Lionel Messi won, becoming the first Nigerian to make it into the prestigious award’s top ten.

The Napoli striker garnered 24 points to finish ahead of Mohamed Salah, Robert Lewandowski, Harry Kane, and Karim Benzema, among many others.

One of those votes came from Angola boss Gonçalves, who revealed his admiration for Osimhen at the pre-match press conference on Thursday.

Speaking ahead of Nigeria’s quarterfinal clash with Angola, the Portuguese tactician believes the Super Eagles are made stronger by the presence of Osimhen and Atalanta forward Ademola Lookman.
“We respect Nigeria for all the investment it has made in African football so far,” Gonçalves said.

“Nigeria is a powerhouse with great players in the best national leagues, with five or six of them in the Premier League in their first eleven, another two in Calcio, one of whom I voted for as the best player in the world last year, Victor Osimhen, and the other is Ademola Lookman, a great player I met when I was still working at Sporting and he was extraordinary at Alvalade, with Atalanta and playing in the Europa League.”
Super Eagles coach Jose Peseiro has been fluid with his formation at the 2023 AFCON, with the former Porto manager deploying the team in a 4-3-3 formation before switching to a 3-4-3 for the other three games.

Gonçalves admits Peseiro can switch playing styles because of the excellent players at his disposal who can adapt quickly.

The former Sporting CP academy coach name-checks Ola Aina, Zaidu Sanusi, Moses Simon, Osimhen, and Lookman as the key pieces that make Peseiro’s team tick.
“I think they got the best formation and strategy they could with this squad to be competitive in this CAN,” Gonçalves added.

“At the beginning, they played in 4-3-3 and, from the second game onwards, in 3-4-3, very solidly with three central defenders, plus two wingers with a lot of physical and physiological capacity doing the back and forth, Aina and Zaidu, who I know because he played for Porto; a very pendulous midfield and a front line with Moses, Osimhen and Lookman.”
Gonçalves, however, believes the Super Eagles have shown weaknesses in certain areas, which he and his team will look to capitalise on to do the damage when the two nations meet on Friday.
“(Nigeria have) a powerful team, but also with some weaknesses that we will exploit to create difficulties for our opponent. We’ll see, but it’s definitely a great opportunity for us, an opportunity in a lifetime.”
Angola are aiming to reach the semifinals of the AFCON for the first time in their history, a stage Nigeria have been in 15 of their 19 previous appearances at the tournament.

https://soccernet.ng/2024/02/afcon-2023 ... ayers.html
sarkin doya
Egg
Egg

Post by sarkin doya »

Today was revenge for the 1-1 disaster that occurred in Kano in 2005 and prevented SE qualification to the 2006 world cup!
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
pay back
SuperEagles

Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Many Nigerians no well at all :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
SuperEagles