Camp News

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: Camp News

Post by Lolly »

iworo wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 6:32 am
This guy balled. I love players with energy.

But he performs better in this 5-4-1 formation in the DM role, not in a 4-2-4 like Peseinro had used him in the past.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
Enyi
Egg
Egg

Post by Enyi »

Watching that in detail shows how Alex dropped deep to cover him….

Onyeka was everywhere but Alex was disciplined….

Just thinking - how good him and Yusuf will be

Ajayi Ekong Bassey

Aina Yusuf Onyeka Zaidu

Iwobi Osimhen Lookman
The stupid neither forgive nor forget- the smart forgive- but never forget" -Thomas Szasz.

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and consciencious stupidity."
-Martin Luther King- Jr.

“Our Audacity to rise from our losses is what makes Nigerian the number one footballing nation in Africa - Stephen Keshi RIP

Those who don't take decisions never make mistakes."..........
Goldleaf
Egg
Egg

Post by Goldleaf »

Lolly wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 10:43 am

But he performs better in this 5-4-1 formation in the DM role, not in a 4-2-4 like Peseinro had used him in the past.
Frank Onyeka is the nearest DM that I can begin to compare to Sunday Oliseh. Once he starts to deliver long, accurate, cross-field passes behind the opposition defence line, he is there. But from a defensive point of view, very impressive!
You can control your choice, but not necessarily the consequences
packerland
Egg
Egg

Post by packerland »

Goldleaf wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 1:24 pm

Frank Onyeka is the nearest DM that I can begin to compare to Sunday Oliseh. Once he starts to deliver long, accurate, cross-field passes behind the opposition defence line, he is there. But from a defensive point of view, very impressive!
I’m still not 100% sure he is a proper DM even though he has been playing that role at this AFCON.
"Yea right, we await the beatings the Aussie has for them. The Falcons are just another bad team at the women world cup".....fatpokey Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:34 .
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

packerland wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 3:07 pm

I’m still not 100% sure he is a proper DM even though he has been playing that role at this AFCON.
He is not. But if he can give this level of performance in the role, fantastic! :clap:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

That’s the key difference.
What stands players out as exceptional is when they hardly lose possession. Very few forced errors and virtually no unforced errors makes a huge difference in team performance.
If the majority of our players did not lose the ball as a matter of course, we are basically on another level.

Strikers will naturally lose possession more frequently because they are actively being confronted to deny them possession.
But if our midfielders and defenders were able to retain the ball and not just clear ball upfield to avoid danger it would really raise our overall game.

Too often I see the opposite and if the stats are studied, I can bet you that Iwobi will have the highest percentage of completed passes and either Zaidu or Ajayi the lowest. Iwobi finds his man maybe 90% of the time.

At the 2019 AFCON, Musa had the lowest in the whole SE team and probably one of the lowest in the whole tournament.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
sabb
Egg
Egg

Post by sabb »

Damunk wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 5:54 pm

That’s the key difference.
What stands players out as exceptional is when they hardly lose possession. Very few forced errors and virtually no unforced errors makes a huge difference in team performance.
If the majority of our players did not lose the ball as a matter of course, we are basically on another level.

Strikers will naturally lose possession more frequently because they are actively being confronted to deny them possession.
But if our midfielders and defenders were able to retain the ball and not just clear ball upfield to avoid danger it would really raise our overall game.

Too often I see the opposite and if the stats are studied, I can bet you that Iwobi will have the highest percentage of completed passes and either Zaidu or Ajayi the lowest. Iwobi finds his man maybe 90% of the time.

At the 2019 AFCON, Musa had the lowest in the whole SE team and probably one of the lowest in the whole tournament.
Most of them especially the forwards tend to dribble first rather than think of the pass but Iwobi is always looking for the pass, head up and looking for who's available, even in that Onyeka clip there was a pass to Simon and instead of directing the ball towards goal he wanted to stop it and ball is lost. In training they are always showing clips of the boys practising the 1 touch pass but come match days nothing of sort only glimpse.
To d Super Eagles - there's no limit to wot can be accomplished when nobody cares who gets the credit (ucb)
speech is ma hammer bang d world into shape - mos def
A win is a win, whether u win by an inch or by a mile - Dominic Toretto
life without knowledge is death in disguise - talib kweli
sabb
Egg
Egg

Post by sabb »

Enyi wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 10:54 am
Watching that in detail shows how Alex dropped deep to cover him….

Onyeka was everywhere but Alex was disciplined….

Just thinking - how good him and Yusuf will be

Ajayi Ekong Bassey

Aina Yusuf Onyeka Zaidu

Iwobi Osimhen Lookman
Really like this formation, Vic O and Lookman will really benefit from Iwobi's selfless play and all 3 are interchangeable
Yusuf and Onyeka can interchange on who sits and who moves up.
To d Super Eagles - there's no limit to wot can be accomplished when nobody cares who gets the credit (ucb)
speech is ma hammer bang d world into shape - mos def
A win is a win, whether u win by an inch or by a mile - Dominic Toretto
life without knowledge is death in disguise - talib kweli
theDunamis
Egg
Egg

Post by theDunamis »

Damunk wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 5:54 pmThat’s the key difference.

Very well said, Damunk. And what you described above is what makes many a Brazilian team and teams like Pep's Barcelona and Man City seem otherworldly at their peaks.
theDunamis is signed, sealed, DELIVERED!
joao
Egg
Egg

Post by joao »

sabb wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 6:36 pm Most of them especially the forwards tend to dribble first rather than think of the pass but Iwobi is always looking for the pass, head up and looking for who's available, even in that Onyeka clip there was a pass to Simon and instead of directing the ball towards goal he wanted to stop it and ball is lost. In training they are always showing clips of the boys practising the 1 touch pass but come match days nothing of sort only glimpse.
Thanks Sabb for your discernment of our most basic fault.
What you pointed out is primarily what is killing African footballers, and this is not new.
Our players seem not to understand the importance of team ball possession. They
prefer to dwell on the ball instead of looking for the best teammate to pass the ball on to.
When players hangs on to the ball too long, only bad things can happen, as the chances are
high that they are dispossessed, the previously open player is marked and a pass is intercepted,
or worse the player gets injured in a tackle.
Unfortunately, most of the fans prefer applauding on pretty runs that yields nothing or worse
disaster for the team.
"We now live in a nation where doctors destroy health, lawyers destroy justice, universities destroy knowledge,
governments destroy freedom, the press destroys information, religion destroys morals, and our banks destroy the economy.”

― Chris Hedges
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

iworo wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 6:51 am
Amaju still dey carry assets upandan.

Una see di two assets abi na liabilities way dey behind am? :D :taunt:
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

...Kwango head. People who ruin Nigeria walking around free.
joao
Egg
Egg

Post by joao »

Former NFF president, Amaju Pinnick, applauds the Super Eagles of Nigeria superlative victory over
the Indomitable Lions of Cameroon 2-1
to get to the quarter finals of the African Nations Cup.
So, Cameroon scored and almost equalized?

Pinnick, under whose administration Nigeria missed qualifying for many international tournaments
including WC 2023 is now having a voice and being applauded? What were his achievements again?

Where are all those voices bleating about under-achieving players and coaches.
"We now live in a nation where doctors destroy health, lawyers destroy justice, universities destroy knowledge,
governments destroy freedom, the press destroys information, religion destroys morals, and our banks destroy the economy.”

― Chris Hedges
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

mcal wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 8:09 pm ...Kwango head. People who ruin Nigeria walking around free.
When I become President of Nigeria, you can be rest assured that it wont be the case anymore.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

You, must you carry your syncopancy everywhere? Who ask you about synergy? :veryangry: :veryangry:
Cellular wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 8:01 pm
iworo wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 6:51 am
Amaju still dey carry assets upandan.

Una see di two assets abi na liabilities way dey behind am? :D :taunt:
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
iworo
Egg
Egg

Post by iworo »

iworo
Egg
Egg

Post by iworo »

iworo