A MAJOR PROBLEM WITH OSIMEHN

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: A MAJOR PROBLEM WITH OSIMEHN

Post by metalalloy »

vancity eagle wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 9:32 pm
gochino wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 9:25 pm
metalalloy wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 7:58 pm
vancity eagle wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 7:55 pm His positioning and runs

ARE PISS POOR.

I've noted this before and it is a major reason he doesn't score as much as he should, and a major reason he is being marked out of games in Serie A.

Just look at the goal Lookman scored because he delayed his run and was in open space.

I have never seen Osimehn do this. He always just sprints forward and there is NO VARIATION to his running.

Victor needs to use his HEAD, not physically, but mentally, his brains. There is little smarts in his game, it is so predictable.

I counted 3 or 4 times where we had breaks and Osimehn did NOTHING to make himself open and available for a pass.

One time Simon (who had a great game) was forced to shoot because Osimehn gave him no option.

His movement is PISS POOR.

I hope he improves.
He was in open space because Osimhen's movement dragged two defenders to him.
Exactly, that's even obvious to the blind! Lookman was free because Osimhen took two defenders with him.
No.

Lookman positioned himself correctly to recieve an easy pass from Simon. It doesn't matter if Osimehn occupied 2 defenders , if Lookman doesn't get his angle right relative to Simon, there is no pass to be made.

He made the job easy for Simon to find him because he understood the angles. He understands positioning.

Osimehn does NOT understand this simple concept.

Keep deluding yourselves.
How do you expect the center forward to be trailing the play for a cut back pass? :roll: :roll:

In fact, i blame myself. Nah me get time to waste for this excuse sorry of a thread :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
highbury
Egg
Egg

Post by highbury »

ARE PISS POOR.

I've noted this before and it is a major reason he doesn't score as much as he should, and a major reason he is being marked out of games in Serie A.

Just look at the goal Lookman scored because he delayed his run and was in open space.

I have never seen Osimehn do this. He always just sprints forward and there is NO VARIATION to his running.

Victor needs to use his HEAD, not physically, but mentally, his brains. There is little smarts in his game, it is so predictable.

I counted 3 or 4 times where we had breaks and Osimehn did NOTHING to make himself open and available for a pass.

One time Simon (who had a great game) was forced to shoot because Osimehn gave him no option.

I hope he improves.
Isn't it obvious that you're just a bitterly negative person? No congrats to the team or whatever, na just Victor you narrowed your attack
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

There are so many daft people on CE, i cannot believe people are actually commenting on this. my goodness. wow
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

metalalloy wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 9:50 pm
vancity eagle wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 9:32 pm
gochino wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 9:25 pm

ARE PISS POOR.

I hope he improves.
Exactly, that's even obvious to the blind! Lookman was free because Osimhen took two defenders with him.
No.

Lookman positioned himself correctly to recieve an easy pass from Simon. It doesn't matter if Osimehn occupied 2 defenders , if Lookman doesn't get his angle right relative to Simon, there is no pass to be made.

He made the job easy for Simon to find him because he understood the angles. He understands positioning.

Osimehn does NOT understand this simple concept.

Keep deluding yourselves.
How do you expect the center forward to be trailing the play for a cut back pass? :roll: :roll:

In fact, i blame myself. Nah me get time to waste for this excuse sorry of a thread :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
The world class center forwards do it ALL THE TIME.

You run and then suddenly stop to create space.

Stop making stupid excuses.
anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anointed »

ARE PISS POOR.

I hope he improves.
This can only be from the figment of your confused imagination.

Ademola Lookman didn't delay his run. In fact, he showed impressive and breathtaking pace as he raced from the the right to catch up with Simon. Osimhen's run was also so well timed, probably inadvertently, that as Lookman was sprinting into position, Osimhen created an expressway in the Red Sea for him.

Just to let you realize you are lying just to impose your hate, watch the video below

Last edited by anointed on Fri Feb 02, 2024 10:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God. For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding...hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world? 21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe
anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anointed »

edit
Last edited by anointed on Sat Feb 03, 2024 12:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God. For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding...hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world? 21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

Lookman was wide open because defenders at this AFCON know they have to pay extra attention to Osimhen. Almost every time he went one on one with a defender, he came close to wreaking havoc.

Cheers.
theDunamis
Egg
Egg

Post by theDunamis »

anointed wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 10:10 pmThis can only be from the figment of your confused imagination.

Ademola Lookman didn't delay his run. In fact, he showed impressive and breathtaking pace as he raced from the the right to catch up with Simon. Osimhen's run was also so well timed that as Lookman was sprinting into position, Osimhen was an expressway in the Red Sea for him.

Just to let you realize you are lying just to impose your hate, watch the video below

Exactly!! The dude keeps making up alternative facts to backup his ignorance of the game. If you slow the video down 0.5x, you will see that Lookman sees and runs at pace into the space opened up by Osimhen's own run at pace with Simon's run.
theDunamis is signed, sealed, DELIVERED!
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

theDunamis wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 10:17 pm
anointed wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 10:10 pmThis can only be from the figment of your confused imagination.

Ademola Lookman didn't delay his run. In fact, he showed impressive and breathtaking pace as he raced from the the right to catch up with Simon. Osimhen's run was also so well timed that as Lookman was sprinting into position, Osimhen was an expressway in the Red Sea for him.

Exactly!! The dude keeps making up alternative facts to backup his ignorance of the game. If you slow the video down 0.5x, you will see that Lookman sees and runs at pace into the space opened up by Osimhen's own run at pace with Simon's run.
Whether Lookman delayed his run or not he was IN SPACE.

Delaying the run is only one way to find space.

Osimehms positional awareness is very POOR.

I will not stop saying it.
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Osimhen is Nigeria mosr influential player, He is playing well.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

How many breaks have we had in all these matches. How many times has Osimehn found a lane to be passed to.

I said it and will say it again, if he fixes this part of is game he would have close to 5 goals by now.

Inexcusable.
theDunamis
Egg
Egg

Post by theDunamis »

vancity eagle wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 10:31 pmWhether Lookman delayed his run or not he was IN SPACE.

Delaying the run is only one way to find space.

Osimehms positional awareness is very POOR.

I will not stop saying it.

Of course you will not stop saying it. We have already established that you love to double down on your ignorance.

First it was "Lookman delayed his run". After video evidence falsified your alternative facts, it turned to, "Whether Lookman delayed his run or not..."

The facts remain unchanged though...

There would be no space for Lookman to run into if Osimhen's run did not pull defenders towards him and away from that area of the 18-yard box to create the space. Go and learn the game and stop these emotionally powered drivels you are renowned for.
theDunamis is signed, sealed, DELIVERED!
anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anointed »

edit
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

In the 2004 AFCON Eto scored only once in their 4 games. He is now the AFCON record scorer
packerland
Egg
Egg

Post by packerland »

I have no bone in this fight. Osimhen is a fantastic player and a nightmare to defenders, but he can be frustrating to watch sometimes with his inability to stay onside.
"Yea right, we await the beatings the Aussie has for them. The Falcons are just another bad team at the women world cup".....fatpokey Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:34 .
kawawa
Egg
Egg

Post by kawawa »

I do not care that Vic O has only one goal as long as we keep winning.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

TonyTheTigerKiller wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 10:17 pm Lookman was wide open because defenders at this AFCON know they have to pay extra attention to Osimhen. Almost every time he went one on one with a defender, he came close to wreaking havoc.

Cheers.
Sometimes you wonder whether VE simply posts for attention or he does not fully understand the role played by defenses per Osimhen and the Nigeria's attempts to counter those.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

You think Osimehn is the only striker to be double teamed ?

His movement is poor.

His finishing is below average.

That's why he has so few goals.

His energy is unmatched. That's his strength.

I've identified his weaknesses where he needs to improve.

Like I said you can all pretend my criticism is "hate"

If that helps you sleep better then fine.
olu
Egg
Egg

Post by olu »

His chances are almost limited to low percentage headers. He is still not seeing enough of the ball. He is playing well with the limited service he's getting.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

olu wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 11:45 pm His chances are almost limited to low percentage headers. He is still not seeing enough of the ball. He is playing well with the limited service he's getting.
Why is he not getting service ? (Besides the first match)

He is poor at positioning himself for a pass. He doesn't get himself into space. That's on HIM.

Today Simon was frustrated as he dribbled into the box. Osimehn gave him no option. Simon ended up shooting. Osimehn was busy wrestling.
Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tbite »

His runs in this game were very poor.

But I thought it was down to fitness. Might have a minor injury.

There was one move in particular where he looked like he didn't even want to make the run. He stayed behind almost a metre when if he had made the run, it would have been a big chance. Yes that is how significant the opportunity was and he was idling.

Even the opportunity where he cut the ball back, the run was suspect, and only his improvisation allowed him a shot on goal.

The best run he made in this game was the decoy to allow Ademola to score.

I would rate his movement in terms of chance creation runs in this game as 4/10.

But I think there was an issue there. Likely fitness. I think we are overrelying on him. Which funnily enough is diminishing his returns.

I think if you use the bench a bit more, it will give Osimhen a spring in his step to recover and score. You are draining every bit of life from the player. The bench must help.
Buhari, whose two terms thankfully ground to a constitutional halt in May. (One thing both democracies have going for them is that their leaders, however bad, have only two terms to swing the wrecking ball.) Under Buhari, growth per head also plunged to 0. An economic agenda drawn from the dusty pages of a 1970s protectionist handbook failed to do the trick. Despite Buhari’s promise to tame terrorism and criminality, violence flourished. Despite his reputation for probity, corruption swirled. FT
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Vancity, this is what Osimhen says to you:

"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
100%Naija
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by 100%Naija »

ARE PISS POOR.

I hope he improves.
Thank you! Oya make una close thread! :D
I'm the biggest boss that you've seen thus far, Reppin' PH & NGR to the Fullest
http://forum.cybereagles.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=158494
Babafad wrote: My brother, dis money go scatter akara for inside oil. Just dey watch!