A MAJOR PROBLEM WITH OSIMEHN

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin
Re: A MAJOR PROBLEM WITH OSIMEHN

Post by YUJAM »

Osihmen is only as good as the team's offensive capabilities when it comes to scoring goals. But the guy is just amazing. His overall effort, runs, closing down space, aerial ability, pressuring defenders etc are nightmares for the opposing teams. The guy is world class.
Ghana's First President Kwame Nkrumah said: "We face neither East nor West; we face Forward"
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

YUJAM wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 2:05 am Osihmen is only as good as the team's offensive capabilities when it comes to scoring goals. But the guy is just amazing. His overall effort, runs, closing down space, aerial ability, pressuring defenders etc are nightmares for the opposing teams. The guy is world class.
Who is better, Uncle Yujam:

Victor Osimhen or Chris Obodo? :D
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by YUJAM »

You are one mischievous character :sneaky:
danfo driver wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 2:41 am
YUJAM wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 2:05 am Osihmen is only as good as the team's offensive capabilities when it comes to scoring goals. But the guy is just amazing. His overall effort, runs, closing down space, aerial ability, pressuring defenders etc are nightmares for the opposing teams. The guy is world class.

Ghana's First President Kwame Nkrumah said: "We face neither East nor West; we face Forward"
Orion
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Orion »

I only saw the highlights, but from what I saw, Osimhen played well and had some good attempts at goal, which were actually on target this time. His disallowed goal was unlucky as he was literally only inches offside.
"I Think, Therefore I am" - Rene Descartes
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
YUJAM wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 2:56 am You are one mischievous character :sneaky:
danfo driver wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 2:41 am

"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Al B Sure
Egg
Egg

Post by Al B Sure »

Osimeh’s run created the space for Lookman Abi una no watch the game? 😀 he’s been directly involved in 5 of our 6 goals. He has been immense for the super Eagles
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

My fear is the guy is so close to being burnt out. You could tell that he wasn’t 100% today. Let’s hope the coaches can help him recover well for the next game.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
gochino
Egg
Egg

Post by gochino »

Lolly wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 9:05 am
My fear is the guy is so close to being burnt out. You could tell that he wasn’t 100% today. Let’s hope the coaches can help him recover well for the next game.
He is doing too much, I hope our other strikers can press if he gets injured because without the pressing this system is handicapped
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

gochino wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 9:16 am
He is doing too much, I hope our other strikers can press if he gets injured because without the pressing this system is handicapped
None of the other strikers in the team can play with such energy. The only option would be to play Lookman as the number 9 and bring on Chukwueze. Lookman looks really fit in this tournament and has good movement too. But Chukwueze would need to really raise his game. God help us.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

He looked tired today. As for his movement, well strikers with better movement didn't top score in the Serie A so no big deal. If this is what bad movement looks like they need to teach it in the academies
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

The proverbial handful. Absolutely no problem. At all. Big Vic occupies more centrebacks than his inglorious (from a goal scoring perspective) namesakes Agali and Anichebie, both valedictorians in the art of offensive third/opposition backline occupation.

Osimhen has left it all on the pitch, from group stage to knock outs. Ran himself into the ground and let his markers know, “they’ve been in a game”. That alone is amongst the holiest grails of centre-forward play. Headers, hold up, flick-ons, fifty-fifties, running the channels like Albanian drug mules. Major problem? Nonsense. For the centrehalves maybe. Strong leaps for the long balls and crosses, enough elbow to fall within the lines of legality and leave a bit on the marker. Throwback and throw forward. Osimhen has been a delight to watch.

The only markdown comes in his lack of steaming in after Lookman was clattered in the second-half. Could’ve thrown his weight around, stirred up a bit of aggro. Nothing too heavy handed, all above board, for bonus points.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

theDunamis wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 10:40 pm
vancity eagle wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 10:31 pmWhether Lookman delayed his run or not he was IN SPACE.

Delaying the run is only one way to find space.

Osimehms positional awareness is very POOR.

I will not stop saying it.

Of course you will not stop saying it. We have already established that you love to double down on your ignorance.

First it was "Lookman delayed his run". After video evidence falsified your alternative facts, it turned to, "Whether Lookman delayed his run or not..."

The facts remain unchanged though...

There would be no space for Lookman to run into if Osimhen's run did not pull defenders towards him and away from that area of the 18-yard box to create the space. Go and learn the game and stop these emotionally powered drivels you are renowned for.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Brings a certain infamous historical figure called Goebbels to mind.
Only difference being, we are not buying it.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anointed »

theDunamis wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 10:17 pm
anointed wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 10:10 pmThis can only be from the figment of your confused imagination.

Ademola Lookman didn't delay his run. In fact, he showed impressive and breathtaking pace as he raced from the the right to catch up with Simon. Osimhen's run was also so well timed that as Lookman was sprinting into position, Osimhen was an expressway in the Red Sea for him.

Just to let you realize you are lying just to impose your hate, watch the video below

Exactly!! The dude keeps making up alternative facts to backup his ignorance of the game. If you slow the video down 0.5x, you will see that Lookman sees and runs at pace into the space opened up by Osimhen's own run at pace with Simon's run.
I've watched the goal again and, in addition to what I said earlier that Lookman didn't delay in any way; one thing I guessed a lot of us missed was that Simon was the one who actually dithered in passing to Osimhen, constraining him to continue running and creating the space for Lookman who was speeding in from the right.

But it's all good as the second option was clearly better than the first.
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God. For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding...hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world? 21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe
anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anointed »

When Osimhen scored against Eq. Guinea this old man VE had something to biitch about, saying Osimhen almost missed the goal.

Something tells me that, had it been Osimhen was the scorer yesterday, he'd have complained that the height of the ball was too much.
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God. For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding...hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world? 21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

anointed wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 12:26 pm When Osimhen scored against Eq. Guinea this old man VE had something to biitch about, saying Osimhen almost missed the goal.

Something tells me that, had it been Osimhen was the scorer yesterday, he'd have complained that the height of the ball was too much.
You do get time oo

We are talking of someone that till now cannot congratulate the SE for winning AFCON under Keshi

We are talking about a character that wishes injury on SE players and DEATH on SE coaches.

He is so despicable that HATE motivates him! Someone that supported CIV against the SE. He is still angry that unknown Sunday Mba became the elephant slayer.

Right now Victor is on his hate list.

A reasonable person will see the good work Victor is doing. He plays for the team. He is not looking for SELF glory. The commentators keep talking about that.

Is he PERFECT? Not at all. At his age he is not expected to be perfect. But to describe highest goal scorer in Serie A in such terms say more about VE than Victor Osimhen
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

gochino wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 9:16 am
This is my fear as well, not having a backup for him is going to burn him out and is quite unfair to him. Awoniyi would have been the more natural replacement but none of our other strikers can press like he does
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
amafolas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by amafolas »

metalalloy wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 7:58 pm
vancity eagle wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 7:55 pm His positioning and runs

ARE PISS POOR.

I've noted this before and it is a major reason he doesn't score as much as he should, and a major reason he is being marked out of games in Serie A.

Just look at the goal Lookman scored because he delayed his run and was in open space.

I have never seen Osimehn do this. He always just sprints forward and there is NO VARIATION to his running.

Victor needs to use his HEAD, not physically, but mentally, his brains. There is little smarts in his game, it is so predictable.

I counted 3 or 4 times where we had breaks and Osimehn did NOTHING to make himself open and available for a pass.

One time Simon (who had a great game) was forced to shoot because Osimehn gave him no option.

His movement is PISS POOR.

I hope he improves.
He was in open space because Osimhen's movement dragged two defenders to him.
VanCity says some of the dumbest things ever. Lukman was in acres of space because Osimhen did his job.
Last edited by amafolas on Sat Feb 03, 2024 4:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"We will go through the gate. If the gate is closed, we will go over the fence. If the fence is too high, we will pole vault in. If that doesn’t work, we will parachute in. But we are going to get health-care reform passed"
Nancy Pelosi, 01/28/2010 after Scott Brown got elected to Ted Kennedy's senate seat.
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

anointed wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 12:26 pm When Osimhen scored against Eq. Guinea this old man VE had something to biitch about, saying Osimhen almost missed the goal.

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Field Marshall Ogolo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Field Marshall Ogolo »

ARE PISS POOR.

I've noted this before and it is a major reason he doesn't score as much as he should, and a major reason he is being marked out of games in Serie A.

Just look at the goal Lookman scored because he delayed his run and was in open space.

I have never seen Osimehn do this. He always just sprints forward and there is NO VARIATION to his running.

Victor needs to use his HEAD, not physically, but mentally, his brains. There is little smarts in his game, it is so predictable.

I counted 3 or 4 times where we had breaks and Osimehn did NOTHING to make himself open and available for a pass.

One time Simon (who had a great game) was forced to shoot because Osimehn gave him no option.

I hope he improves.
:thumbs: :thumbs:
I agree with you 100%. He is the biggest joke of the tournament so far. Only time will tell.
Time will prove us right!
I never LOSE, I either WIN or LEARN. – Nelson Mandela
100%Naija
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by 100%Naija »

Field Marshall Ogolo wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2024 8:22 pm

ARE PISS POOR.

I hope he improves.
I agree with you 100%. He is the biggest joke of the tournament so far. Only time will tell.
Your football analysis is equivalent to Stevie Wonder judging a beauty pageant. Makes no sense at all!!!! :roll:
I'm the biggest boss that you've seen thus far, Reppin' PH & NGR to the Fullest
http://forum.cybereagles.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=158494
Babafad wrote: My brother, dis money go scatter akara for inside oil. Just dey watch!
Field Marshall Ogolo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Field Marshall Ogolo »

100%Naija wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 4:28 pm
Field Marshall Ogolo wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2024 8:22 pm

ARE PISS POOR.

I hope he improves.
Your football analysis is equivalent to Stevie Wonder judging a beauty pageant. Makes no sense at all!!!! :roll:
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: It's aight! :D
I never LOSE, I either WIN or LEARN. – Nelson Mandela
bamenda boy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bamenda boy »

Nigeria should I've Osihmen like Cameruin used to use Eto'o. Use him as a decoy. While everyone was always focused on Eto'o, double teaming him, especially on the flanks, Webo was doing all the scoring. Remember the game where Cameruin beat Ghana in the semi finals where Eto'o laid a pass from midfield to Alain Nkong?
I think Nigeria has been doing likewise without overzealous fans noticing.
Osihmen is been double teamed and pulling players from the center to the flanks, hence giving Lookman all the space in the world to do his damages.
Only two things in life are certain - death and taxes. But there is one other unpleasant certainty: criticism. No one escapes it entirely and often our careers, our emotional stability, even our happiness depends on how we react to it."By Benjamin Franklin"