Eagles’ semi is in Bouake not Abidjan

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

tedder89
Egg
Egg
Eagles’ semi is in Bouake not Abidjan

Post by tedder89 »

Our game on Wednesday means we’re playing in a different stadium (and on a different pitch) in Bouake for the first time, all our games so far have been in Abidjan

Stade de la Paix, Bouake (capacity 40,000)

The Felix Houphouet-Boigny Stadium pitch in Abidjan has been particularly difficult to play on and has made the brutal heat and humidity even harder to cope with

From what I saw of the first round games in Bouake the playing surface looks much better than the two in Abidjan we’ve played on
IN OUR CASE, THERE IS NO TIME. NO SERIOUS COACH WILL TAKE THIS JOB

Pasamu on Monday Feb 22nd 2010 post ANC- I will repeat again, the problem with our team was never ability or personnel or even tactics . It was confidence pure and simple confidence. Amodus team had been spat upon, anything they did was dismissed as insignificant To see the team going from playing brilliant football against Egypt in the first half of their ANC group game to the cautious fear laden play against Zambia was sad.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Eagles’ semi is in Bouake not Abidjan

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Even our home pitch is worse than any pitch in CIV. E no blow matter.
OCCUPY NFF!!
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

RSA or Cape Verde, who do you prefer?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

ANC wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 2:45 am RSA or Cape Verde, who do you prefer?
Sierra Leone
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

Definitely RSA but no team honestly scares me at this point after we scaled the Angolan hurdle, no team is stopping us except ourselves.
lukemana
Egg
Egg

Post by lukemana »

tedder89 wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 2:19 am Our game on Wednesday means we’re playing in a different stadium (and on a different pitch) in Bouake for the first time, all our games so far have been in Abidjan

The Felix Houphouet-Boigny Stadium pitch in Abidjan has been particularly difficult to play on and has made the brutal heat and humidity even harder to cope with

From what I saw of the first round games in Bouake the playing surface looks much better than the two in Abidjan we’ve played on
Interesting. One more reason i strongly feel we are taking this cup to Nigeria! My father was born in Bouake, i was born in Abidjan. Kai!!!

Now talking about the stadiums (or stadia), i haven't seen the pitches and years ago, the FHB stadium was the best in CIV and the lighting was the best in Africa.
tedder89
Egg
Egg

Post by tedder89 »

This is a semi final, anyone who makes it through will be worthy and I don’t feel like one will be easier than the other

Angola showed our much heralded 3 man defense can be opened up if we sit too deep due to fatigue or brain farts, thank God we have a proper goalie….

Pasamu on Monday Feb 22nd 2010 post ANC- I will repeat again, the problem with our team was never ability or personnel or even tactics . It was confidence pure and simple confidence. Amodus team had been spat upon, anything they did was dismissed as insignificant To see the team going from playing brilliant football against Egypt in the first half of their ANC group game to the cautious fear laden play against Zambia was sad.
Naija fan
Egg
Egg

Post by Naija fan »

I strongly believe we will beat RSA or Cape Verde. However, RSA is in our world cup group so I don't want to play them right now. The more RSA plays us the more opportunity we are giving then to adjust to our style. I will rather we play Cape Verde.
Last edited by Naija fan on Sat Feb 03, 2024 5:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
"It is not who you are that holds you back, it's who you think you are not."
scholl
Egg
Egg

Post by scholl »

lukemana wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 4:20 am
tedder89 wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 2:19 am Our game on Wednesday means we’re playing in a different stadium (and on a different pitch) in Bouake for the first time, all our games so far have been in Abidjan

Interesting. One more reason i strongly feel we are taking this cup to Nigeria! My father was born in Bouake, i was born in Abidjan. Kai!!!

Now talking about the stadiums (or stadia), i haven't seen the pitches and years ago, the FHB stadium was the best in CIV and the lighting was the best in Africa.
And your grandpa was born in Ejigbo?
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

Eagles vs Springboks (Bafana Bafana), Afrobeats vs Amapiano would make for a mouthwatering clash, even more so since Fury’s pulling out of Riyadh season.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Naija fan wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 5:17 am
I strongly believe we will beat RSA or Cape Verde. However, RSA is in our world cup group so I don't want to play them right now. The more RSA plays us the more opportunity we are giving then to adjust to our style. I will rather we play Cape Verde.
I’d rather RSA.
I feel we have the psychological edge over them.
However, I feel CV will beat them.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 2:40 am Even our home pitch is worse than any pitch in CIV. E no blow matter.
The pitch in Uyo is far better than any of the pitches in the current AFCON!
I am happy
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

scholl wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 5:18 am

scholl, you are not the only person that read this!
Why didnt you do like the others? :|
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

Damunk wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 8:06 am
Naija fan wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 5:17 am
I’d rather RSA.
I feel we have the psychological edge over them.
However, I feel CV will beat them.
Something has always been off about Bafana Bafana football; watching them sometimes feels like I am watching a female football team. They are short of something I cannot yet put my hand on.
SE would likely play better against them.
scholl
Egg
Egg

Post by scholl »

ANC wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 11:20 am

It’s a legit question borne out of curiosity. No ill intent here.
tedder89
Egg
Egg

Post by tedder89 »

So could a better playing surface allow us to play more expansively?

The second half vs Angola was hard to watch as we tired and sat deeper and deeper….

gurrano
Egg
Egg

Post by gurrano »

scholl wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 12:43 pm
ANC wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 11:20 am

It’s a legit question borne out of curiosity. No ill intent here.
I would like to know about this too as my mum is from a small village close to Ejigbo and spent some of her
Formative years growing up in the town… I also have extended family from Ejigbo who have lived in Abidjan for most of their life.. curious to hear about Lukemana’s family journey
lukemana
Egg
Egg

Post by lukemana »

i never said that. My grand-father hails from Abeokuta, From what i heard, he migrated to CIV in the late 1800s!

Cheers!
waka-man
Egg
Egg

Post by waka-man »

While all our games so far have been in Abidjan, they have not been in the same stadium. The first two games were in the new Olympic stadium, which, by the way, was the much harder, more cut up field to play on.
-------------------------------------------
MY NAME IS WAKA-MAN, and YES, I AM A CHELSEA FAN. Please don't hate me - I was fan when David Ellery dashed Cantona two penalties as Man U beat us 4-0 in the FA Cup final. So I've paid my dues.
lukemana
Egg
Egg

Post by lukemana »

Small correction: Wednesday game will NOT be the first time we are playing in Bouake. During the Nations Cup of 1984, we played there and i remember we beat Ghana 2-1. It was in the time of Clement Temile, Henry Nwosu, Muda Lawal, Stephen Keshi (rip), goal King Rashidi Yekini (rip), llebu Chidozie or Chibudor(not sure of the name any more) etc... Ghana had the likes of Opoku Nti, Papa Arko, Seth Ampadu, Kofi Badu etc...

Chief Oningbinde was our coach then and we lost the final game against Cameroon 1 - 3.Cameroon had a good machine then, Abega Theophile (rip), Audu, the great Thomas Nkono, Roger Milla etc.... Kai, the good old days.

Cheeers!
tedder89
Egg
Egg

Post by tedder89 »

waka-man wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 5:33 pm

While all our games so far have been in Abidjan, they have not been in the same stadium. The first two games were in the new Olympic stadium, which, by the way, was the much harder, more cut up field to play on.
Thanks for clarifying, I forgot to include the second Abidjan stadium which we played in, horrible pitch as well

tedder89
Egg
Egg

Post by tedder89 »

lukemana wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 5:54 pm

Small correction: Wednesday game will NOT be the first time we are playing in Bouake. During the Nations Cup of 1984, we played there and i remember we beat Ghana 2-1. It was in the time of Clement Temile, Henry Nwosu, Muda Lawal, Stephen Keshi (rip), goal King Rashidi Yekini (rip), llebu Chidozie or Chibudor(not sure of the name any more) etc... Ghana had the likes of Opoku Nti, Papa Arko, Seth Ampadu, Kofi Badu etc...

Chief Oningbinde was our coach then and we lost the final game against Cameroon 1 - 3.Cameroon had a good machine then, Abega Theophile (rip), Audu, the great Thomas Nkono, Roger Milla etc.... Kai, the good old days.

Cheeers!
I was referring to this competition only but thanks for the memories!

You’re thinking of late Chibuzor Ehilegbu RIP

sarkin doya
Egg
Egg

Post by sarkin doya »

To be honest. Neither. Either one will give the SE a tough time.

In recent years, South AFrica have been difficult for the SE. I remember Percy Tau tormenting the SE and although he is now retired, and the game may have been 8 or 9 yrs back, I will always remember Tokelo Rantie tormenting the SE (maybe with Omeruo playing).

As for Cape Verde, they are a tough team to play against. They did very well in the group stage against Ghana and Eygpt. I am watching their game against Bafana Bafana now and they are a good team.