POSIERO MADE WRONG SUBS AGAIN

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet
POSIERO MADE WRONG SUBS AGAIN

Post by jette1 »

How do you take out Moses Simon in a must win game when he is not injured nor tired. Hope we win but this is a major brain error.
Second set of subs completely senseless
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: POSIERO MADE WRONG SUBS AGAIN

Post by danfo driver »

"Give him contract! Give him contract! If he goes, we will miss him! Ooohhhh aahhhhhh White Daddyyyyy dont goooo!" :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Shebi una see am?
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
sarkin doya
Egg
Egg

Post by sarkin doya »

jette1 wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 7:48 pm How do you take out Moses Simon in a must win game when he is not injured nor tired. Hope we win but this is a major brain error.
I'm not sure any of the subs were bad. Three of the subs took penalties and they all scored.

Moses was having an average game and he was replaced with Chukwueze. I don't think Chukwueze played any worse. In fact, the SE's best spell of the game was likely the last 25 minutes or so. Iwobi was tired and replaced with Yusuf to try and tighten the ship. Onyeka was also tired and he was replaced with Aribo. Removal of Lookman was not so clear but maybe he thought Iheanacho was going to bring some energy. As for the Omeruo and Moffi subs, maybe he was looking ahead to penalties.
icee
Egg
Egg

Post by icee »

A Danfo and Jette 1 - any thoughts post game on the grade of the substitutions ? You still think the subs were senseless subs?
olu
Egg
Egg

Post by olu »

I thought it would have made more sense to bring on Yusuf and keep Iwobi on the field.
greg
Egg
Egg

Post by greg »

olu wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 9:54 pm I thought it would have made more sense to bring on Yusuf and keep Iwobi on the field.
The English are known not to be mentally tough enough in penalty kicks. Paso was scrambling to sub out as many English men as possible. :taunt:
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

The same subs that led to the cancelled goal?
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
Penarity
Egg
Egg

Post by Penarity »

1naija wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 10:01 pm The same subs that led to the cancelled goal?
At times, it is just ok to ignore some of these comments.
There is nothing to learn from someone who already agrees with you.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Penarity wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 10:04 pm
1naija wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 10:01 pm The same subs that led to the cancelled goal?
I agree.
Thread fail.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Babadee
Egg
Egg

Post by Babadee »

jette1 wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 7:48 pm How do you take out Moses Simon in a must win game when he is not injured nor tired. Hope we win but this is a major brain error.
His subs made direct impact, immediately Chukwu Eze entered the game we scored. What are you talking about.

Moffi too almost scored, if he had passed to chukwueze that would have been a goal
Babalawo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Babalawo »

Shame on Jette!!!

Huge thread fail….Open mouth Waaaaa and spewing rubbish!
Peter Obi For President 2023
Sleaky72
Egg
Egg

Post by Sleaky72 »

Agree 100%
onovo
Egg
Egg

Post by onovo »

sarkin doya wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 9:42 pm
I'm not sure any of the subs were bad. Three of the subs took penalties and they all scored.

Moses was having an average game and he was replaced with Chukwueze. I don't think Chukwueze played any worse. In fact, the SE's best spell of the game was likely the last 25 minutes or so. Iwobi was tired and replaced with Yusuf to try and tighten the ship. Onyeka was also tired and he was replaced with Aribo. Removal of Lookman was not so clear but maybe he thought Iheanacho was going to bring some energy. As for the Omeruo and Moffi subs, maybe he was looking ahead to penalties.
Very correct the substitution was spot on! The trio of Osimehn, Lookman, and Simon have ran out of steam. The introduction of Samu, Moffi, and Yusuf added life to the team, as there was obvious fatigue.

Going forward, in the final against Ivory Coast I would advise that Peseiro make two changes to his starting line-up of today.
Enyi
Egg
Egg

Post by Enyi »

Every Sub was right apart from the Yusuf and Iwobi one….came well too early…
The stupid neither forgive nor forget- the smart forgive- but never forget" -Thomas Szasz.

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and consciencious stupidity."
-Martin Luther King- Jr.

“Our Audacity to rise from our losses is what makes Nigerian the number one footballing nation in Africa - Stephen Keshi RIP

Those who don't take decisions never make mistakes."..........
spastic
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by spastic »

sarkin doya wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 9:42 pm

Iheanacho was penalty related too
Robbynice
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Robbynice »

I have come to the realization that some people don't have shame. Either that or they just don't fear God. Either way, it is a shame, a damn shame if you ask me...smh
DEM GO HEAR WEN!!! © Robbynice

We don't all have to serve or even honor the call to serve but don't boo those that choose to honor the call to serve...© Cellular 2009

"I do not think I know everything about football but I have massive experience." - Arsene Wenger
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

Bro, we would have probably lost with Moses Simon. Chukwueze was the most brilliant sub of the bunch…and he gave the ball to Osimhen that led to the penalty. And also have the ball to Lookman he should have scored with
If purge dey worry you, you no dey select toilet
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

The subs were on point, if not for that VAR call back, the game would have been over at min 86. All subs scored their PKs. The coach did his home-work, the man has taken us to a cup final. the first in 11 years
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Ugbowo
Egg
Egg

Post by Ugbowo »

What an emotional thread.

LOL. OH CYBEREAGLES.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

I see! Now I understand :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

I see! Now I understand :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

Amazing how an SE win robs you of unemotional rational reasoning
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
Naija fan
Egg
Egg

Post by Naija fan »

Don't overthink this folks. The first penalty was taken by a guy who had only played 10 minutes in the entire tournament. That's your first hint right there that he came in for penalties. The coach knows who his best penalty takers are and he subbed them in. It's really that simple. How else do you explain 3 of the penalties were taken by subs?
"It is not who you are that holds you back, it's who you think you are not."