Tella Starts in Leverkusen versus Munich

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

txj
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Tella Starts in Leverkusen versus Munich

Post by txj »

danfo driver wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2024 8:08 pm
Tobi17 wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2024 7:57 pm I believe the next AFCON is next year in Morocco, a perfect and inexcusable opportunity to start bedding in the new generation of players...only Ekong and Omeruo should be the veteran players leading the lines and hopefully going for the 5th trophy when we win on Sunday.
Good luck with that! With Ogbu, Osho, Adadabioyo, Frederick and Torounarigha, in a sane world where everyone born by a woman has sense, Omeruo will have zero chance of making our AFCON 2025 squad. But this is Nigeria, so I expect Omeruo and Musa to be on the team.

You do realize that Tella is already part of the squad?

Sometimes its a little too easy for Nigerians to default to cynicism
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

vancity eagle wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2024 7:38 pm But we have a water break motivator so who needs him.

Some are still trying to justify the .motivators place in the team, even claiming he plays a pivotal motivational role.
Again we picked 25 instead of 27 players.
onovo
Egg
Egg

Post by onovo »

danfo driver wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2024 8:13 pm
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2024 8:09 pm The only thing that matters for Tella is his ability to defend and work like a war horse on both sides. The days of attacking wingers only ar3 done for SE. We're on to defensive wingers.
Are we also done with learning? :lol: :lol:

Please learn to watch games. I have warned you several times. This is how Leverkusen lines up, does it look familiar to you?

-----------------------------------------------Hradecky----------------------------------------------

---------------Edmond Tapsoba---------Jonathan Tah-------------Piero Hincapie-----------------------------

--Josip Stanisic--------------Granit Xhaka------------Robert Andrich-----------------Alex Grimaldo---------

-------------------Nathan Tella-------------------------------------------Florian Wirtz-----------------------------

---------------------------------------------Amine Adli-------------------------------------------------------------
@Danfo, on another note, how does Xabi Alonso uses his 3 4 3 formation that has made his team solid in attack and play with lot of flare ? For us 3 4 3 has brought a defence balance/made us very defensive but our attack is conservative.

Anyway I guess Grimaldo and Frimpong whom are the wingback have great attacking potentials beside their defensive duties. Two of the three goals scored by Leverkusen today were scored by wingback. Our Super Eagles wingback could possibly learn from how Frimpong and Grimaldo does their duties under 3 4 3 formation
Last edited by onovo on Sat Feb 10, 2024 10:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Synopsis
Egg
Egg

Post by Synopsis »

onovo wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2024 10:09 pm
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2024 8:09 pm The only thing that matters for Tella is his ability to defend and work like a war horse on both sides. The days of attacking wingers only ar3 done for SE. We're on to defensive wingers.

Please learn to watch games. I have warned you several times. This is how Leverkusen lines up, does it look familiar to you?

-----------------------------------------------Hradecky----------------------------------------------

---------------Edmond Tapsoba---------Jonathan Tah-------------Piero Hincapie-----------------------------

--Josip Stanisic--------------Granit Xhaka------------Robert Andrich-----------------Alex Grimaldo---------

-------------------Nathan Tella-------------------------------------------Florian Wirtz-----------------------------

---------------------------------------------Amine Adli-------------------------------------------------------------
@Danfo, on another note, how does Xabi Alonso uses his 3 4 3 formation that has made his team solid in attack and play with lot of flare ? For us 3 4 3 has brought a defence balance/made us very defensive but our attack is conservative.
We really play 5 at the back (5-4-1/5-2-3)
onovo
Egg
Egg

Post by onovo »

Synopsis wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2024 10:15 pm

I agree with you then, cos Alonso uses 343 and Leverkusen attack has been explosive this season.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Anyway I guess Grimaldo and Frimpong whom are the wingback have great attacking potentials beside their defensive duties. Two of the three goals scored by Leverkusen today were scored by wingback. Our Super Eagles wingback could possibly learn from how Frimpong and Grimaldo does their duties under 3 4 3 formation
1. They have better wide players than us. Simon and Chukwueze are not up to par.

2. Their midfielders can advance the ball forward, while with us it's only Iwobi.

3. While Aina is a good wingback, Sanusi is nowhere good enough.
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

Tuchel will be lucky to see out the season. Why mirror the shape of a well oiled machine and concede all hope of conquest? Bizarre. Leverkusen are good but Bayern were hopeless.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

txj wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2024 10:02 pm
Tobi17 wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2024 7:57 pm I believe the next AFCON is next year in Morocco, a perfect and inexcusable opportunity to start bedding in the new generation of players...only Ekong and Omeruo should be the veteran players leading the lines and hopefully going for the 5th trophy when we win on Sunday.
Good luck with that! With Ogbu, Osho, Adadabioyo, Frederick and Torounarigha, in a sane world where everyone born by a woman has sense, Omeruo will have zero chance of making our AFCON 2025 squad. But this is Nigeria, so I expect Omeruo and Musa to be on the team.

I didnt mention Tella in my post. Let me list the names I mentioned to make it a bit easier for you:

Ogbu,
Osho,
Adadabioyo,
Frederick,
Torounarigha,
Omeruo, and
Musa.

Hope this was helpful.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Grimaldo, Fringpong, Wirtz and Hoffman (their starting AMs and WBs) are very creative. Then they use a very creative CF - Boniface (Hlozek and Adli). To be fair, Schick doesnt really make them less creative.

Finally, Palacios is a fantastic deeplying playmaker who can create from deep. Then you have Xhaka, who has fantastic long and short passing qualities.

Their team, in itself, has very very very creative players. Hell, even their back three is made up of ball-playing CBs who are press-resistant.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Synopsis wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2024 10:15 pm

False
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

danfo driver wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 12:02 am
txj wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2024 10:02 pm

I didnt mention Tella in my post. Let me list the names I mentioned to make it a bit easier for you:

Ogbu,
Osho,
Adadabioyo,
Frederick,
Torounarigha,
Omeruo, and
Musa.

Hope this was helpful.

Two of the new players that you listed are ALREADY involved with the team.

Its too easy to be cynical.

We have steadily made changes to improve the squad. And that's the way to go. Not uproot everything in one fell swoop...
Last edited by txj on Sun Feb 11, 2024 12:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
packerland
Egg
Egg

Post by packerland »

Damunk wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2024 9:39 pm
sabb wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2024 8:40 pm Another selfless baller, hope to see him in the qualifiers
Those South Africans never see anytin.
Their coach is making mouth, saying “We will beat Nigeria” in the WC qualifiers.
Dem never tell am?
Did he really say that? I only heard him say that the South African players should move to clubs in Europe to get better.
"Yea right, we await the beatings the Aussie has for them. The Falcons are just another bad team at the women world cup".....fatpokey Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:34 .
Sleaky72
Egg
Egg

Post by Sleaky72 »

Leverkusen have only 13 games left to achieve Invincibility in a season.
Damn. Hope they can hold on.
That would be incredible for the team once called
Neverkusen.
Sleaky72
Egg
Egg

Post by Sleaky72 »

sabb wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2024 8:40 pm Another selfless baller, hope to see him in the qualifiers
That lad is quality for real.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

txj wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 12:21 am

Two of the new players that you listed are ALREADY involved with the team.

Its too easy to be cynical.

We have steadily made changes to improve the squad. And that's the way to go. Not uproot everything in one fell swoop...
I agree
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

My Client :D
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

https://x.com/archiert1/status/1756449711643312267?s=20

“We have controlled well the right moment when to press, when to wait, who could have the ball, who could not have the ball.”

Xabi Alonso with great detail on his Leverkusen team’s 3-0 win v Bayern.
@thomashitz on @ESPNFC . Big praise for Adli, Wirtz and Tella here too.

Adisboy
Egg
Egg

Post by Adisboy »

He has already played in the World Cup qualifiers. He played the first half against Zimbabwe.