I heard that they're negotiating Yeysero's return

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: I heard that they're negotiating Yeysero's return

Post by aruako1 »

Damunk wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:40 am All this silly in-fighting.
It’s not that serious.
You people are just not ready to yield to or even entertain alternative arguments, hence the name-calling and claims to a fake ‘superiority’ complex.

WOWO ko.
WOWOOR ni. :rotf:
I know there is corruption in Nigerian football. But I will not accept accusations of individuals based on flimsy conjecture or innuendo. We can't like every call up and decision. But without more information we cannot conclude it is corruption. We cannot blame NFF when the coaches we prefer make callups we don't like, and accuse the coaches we do not prefer of corruption when they make callups we do not like.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

aruako1 wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:10 am
It’s not that serious.
You people are just not ready to yield to or even entertain alternative arguments, hence the name-calling and claims to a fake ‘superiority’ complex.

WOWO ko.
I know there is corruption in Nigerian football. But I will not accept accusations of individuals based on flimsy conjecture or innuendo. We can't like every call up and decision. But without more information we cannot conclude it is corruption. We cannot blame NFF when the coaches we prefer make callups we don't like, and accuse the coaches we do not prefer of corruption when they make callups we do not like.
Aruako

I think you hit t y e nail on the head. Some of us want more evidence before claiming corruption and those throw the word around easily. For me, I believe that I or anyone else does not have an objective position to know Nigeria's best players. Afterall, there is a saying that beauty is in the eyes of the beholder. What is beauty to one may not be to the other. I believe that. Thus, it is up to a particular manager to invite whoever. The test is going to be on the outcome of the team's play. That is my view.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

It’s not that serious.

WOWO ko.
So what do you call inviting a player from Yum Yum FC to the senior Eagles and who do you blame for it?
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

Enugu II wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:45 am
It’s not that serious.

WOWO ko.
Aruako

I think you hit t y e nail on the head. Some of us want more evidence before claiming corruption and those throw the word around easily. For me, I believe that I or anyone else does not have an objective position to know Nigeria's best players. Afterall, there is a saying that beauty is in the eyes of the beholder. What is beauty to one may not be to the other. I believe that. Thus, it is up to a particular manager to invite whoever. The test is going to be on the outcome of the team's play. That is my view.
So what do you call inviting a player from Yum Yum FC to the senior Eagles and who do you blame for it?
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Lolly wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:51 am
It’s not that serious.

WOWO ko.
Aruako

In my view, the player was invited based on their thinking of his potential. Remember the said player was captain of the junior national team. That is not surprising for me.

I really do not care about his club. He just did not emerge from no where. He was already a junior international!
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

vancity eagle wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:17 am
highbury wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:09 am VE's agenda is fossilized. It is unresponsive to superior arguments and evidence. Have you ever seen VE state that he was wrong or this person is right? No!! He tries to force his anti local coach agenda down our throat. We reject it!
Aruakos argument was actually very very weak.

I dont see any corruption on Peseiros part. He may have been too weak to stop NFF meddling for sure, but I don't see any evidence of overt player pimping.
How was he surviving for 6 months without pay? or in his case, thriving -- seeing that he went on vacation to Rome and then flew his wife to Venice (these are the vacations we heard about; only God knows about the others).
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Enugu II wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:57 am
It’s not that serious.

WOWO ko.
Aruako

In my view, the player was invited based on their thinking of his potential. Remember the said player was captain of the junior national team. That is not surprising for me.

I really do not care about his club. He just did not emerge from no where. He was already a junior international!
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

aruako1 wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:37 am
vancity eagle wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:04 am
aruako1 wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:11 am
vancity eagle wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 1:03 am
danfo driver wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 12:11 am
vancity eagle wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 5:03 pm
Cellular wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 4:39 pm

Ah mean! He is still considering the people who owed him money. Never paid him on time.
He should use his resume coaching us to the finals to land multiple job offers.

But don't tell the natives... they liked what they saw. They will gladly take him back.
Not my ideal coach at all.

But I will gladly take him over frauds like Amunike or Finidi who want to turn SE into their personal agency business.
A man had not been paid for 6 months and yet, he maintained a home in portugal! He went on vacation to Rome and took his wife to Venice and you think he is not doing "personal agency business?" :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: why? Because he is a white man? :lol: :lol: :lol: E go shock you!
So who were his clients that did not deserve to be on the team ?

It was obvious who they were with the local coaches.
If a local manager had played Onuachu in any game, talkless of an AFCON game, ahead of Moffi you would be screaming corruption. If a local manager preferred to go two players short when Tella and Moffi (he was only picked as a replacement) were available you would have screamed corruption. If a squad under a local manager had someone playing for Yum Yum FC you would have shut the forum down.
Onuachu that played literally a few minutes to help out with aerial defence in the dying minutes ?

Onuachu was never played over Moffi in any attempt to actually search for goals.

The minus 2 players was all the NFF. I know you want to blame whitey, but who was it who was footing the bill for those 2 players ? There's your answer. I hope you aren't too biased to see the easy answer here.

Yum Yum was called up for one match, and it is clear that was an NFF pick, is that really all you have ?
Was Onuachu required defensively against Equatorial Guinea? A game that Moffi wasn't even listed for? Would you have made the same excuses for a local coach?

Where NFF did force Peseiro to pick only 25 players? https://dailypost.ng/2024/01/01/afcon-2 ... d-peseiro/ Peseiro said that he agreed with the NFF decision to take 25 players. He agreed.

For Yum Yum it is an NFF pick when it is a foreign manager but if you don't like a pick by a local manager it is the local manager corruption? It was Peseiro's squad, simple and short.
You are that clueless ?

When somebody AND THEIR BOSS "agree"

Who is really in control ?

So he is going to tell his boss No ?

After all he didn't say No to Ahmed Musa.

He went along with NFF corruption, he was not the origin of it.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

vancity eagle wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:24 pm

You are that clueless ?

Yes, he can say no and resign, like an honest man! Many have done it before him. Their boss suggest something illegal or something they do not agree with and they reject it and tender their resignation.

Did the Nigerian coaches also go alonf with NFF corruption? And were not the origin of it? or nah?
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

danfo driver wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:43 pm

You are that clueless ?

Yes, he can say no and resign, like an honest man! Many have done it before him. Their boss suggest something illegal or something they do not agree with and they reject it and tender their resignation.

Did the Nigerian coaches also go alonf with NFF corruption? And were not the origin of it? or nah?
LOL

Which coach is going to quit $50,000 a month. You are really joking around now.

As per origins of corruption, each case is different.

We know Musa is on the NFF. They openly admitted it, and also he's been forced on at least 3 coaches. 2 foreign and 1 local.

Did you see me blaming Eguavoen for Musa ?
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

danfo driver wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 1:17 pm
It’s not that serious.

WOWO ko.
Aruako

Make I join you :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
I am happy
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

danfo driver wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 1:14 pm
vancity eagle wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:17 am
highbury wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:09 am VE's agenda is fossilized. It is unresponsive to superior arguments and evidence. Have you ever seen VE state that he was wrong or this person is right? No!! He tries to force his anti local coach agenda down our throat. We reject it!
Aruakos argument was actually very very weak.

I dont see any corruption on Peseiros part. He may have been too weak to stop NFF meddling for sure, but I don't see any evidence of overt player pimping.
How was he surviving for 6 months without pay? or in his case, thriving -- seeing that he went on vacation to Rome and then flew his wife to Venice (these are the vacations we heard about; only God knows about the others).
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: no mind them, dem no pay man him salary for 6 months and bobo still dey take vacation left and right
Last edited by Bigpokey24 on Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

vancity eagle wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:54 pm

LOL

1. Many coaches make more than $50,000 per week. You do realize that right?

2. He wasnt paid his $50k per month for 6 months;

3. You speak highly of his integrity. Many men have quit more reputable and higher profile jobs to defend their integrity. Why cant your fave do the same, considering he has high integrity?
Oh is it? Do you agree that not all local coaches are corrupt?
highbury
Egg
Egg

Post by highbury »

danfo driver wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:06 pm
vancity eagle wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:54 pm

LOL

1. Many coaches make more than $50,000 per week. You do realize that right?

2. He wasnt paid his $50k per month for 6 months;

3. You speak highly of his integrity. Many men have quit more reputable and higher profile jobs to defend their integrity. Why cant your fave do the same, considering he has high integrity?
Oh is it? Do you agree that not all local coaches are corrupt?
Vancity is not an honest chap. Never has been. Do you think he would answer your question honestly?
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

aruako1 wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:37 am
vancity eagle wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:04 am
aruako1 wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:11 am
vancity eagle wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 1:03 am
danfo driver wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 12:11 am
vancity eagle wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 5:03 pm

Not my ideal coach at all.

But I will gladly take him over frauds like Amunike or Finidi who want to turn SE into their personal agency business.
A man had not been paid for 6 months and yet, he maintained a home in portugal! He went on vacation to Rome and took his wife to Venice and you think he is not doing "personal agency business?" :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: why? Because he is a white man? :lol: :lol: :lol: E go shock you!
So who were his clients that did not deserve to be on the team ?

It was obvious who they were with the local coaches.
If a local manager had played Onuachu in any game, talkless of an AFCON game, ahead of Moffi you would be screaming corruption. If a local manager preferred to go two players short when Tella and Moffi (he was only picked as a replacement) were available you would have screamed corruption. If a squad under a local manager had someone playing for Yum Yum FC you would have shut the forum down.
Onuachu that played literally a few minutes to help out with aerial defence in the dying minutes ?

Onuachu was never played over Moffi in any attempt to actually search for goals.

The minus 2 players was all the NFF. I know you want to blame whitey, but who was it who was footing the bill for those 2 players ? There's your answer. I hope you aren't too biased to see the easy answer here.

Yum Yum was called up for one match, and it is clear that was an NFF pick, is that really all you have ?
Was Onuachu required defensively against Equatorial Guinea? A game that Moffi wasn't even listed for? Would you have made the same excuses for a local coach?

Where NFF did force Peseiro to pick only 25 players? https://dailypost.ng/2024/01/01/afcon-2 ... d-peseiro/ Peseiro said that he agreed with the NFF decision to take 25 players. He agreed.

For Yum Yum it is an NFF pick when it is a foreign manager but if you don't like a pick by a local manager it is the local manager corruption? It was Peseiro's squad, simple and short.
You are that clueless ?

Clueless? - when it comes to tactics (442, 4231, 352 etc) feel free to call me clueless. However, I am not clueless on the point that no matter how much you dislike a person, you do not accuse them of crime based on conjecture, innuendo and unestablished credible facts. I do not need to have been qualified as a barrister and solicitor in Nigeria for 22 years in Nigeria and 16 years as a solicitor in England & Wales to have this position - it is a decent position for everyone.

On agreeing with your boss. My training REQUIRES me to disagree with my boss if I am asked to so something that I believe is unethical. Throughout my career in Nigeria, Finland and the UK, I have had cause to disagree with my bosses. I would rather resign than do something I'm uncomfortable with ethically. I do not earn 50kUSD a month. Peseiro is a top coach and not a factory worker that needs the job to avoid homelessness. He should not accept instructions that he thinks are wrong.

So if he agreed to sign off on a callup of a player from Yum Yum or a squad of 25 instead of 27, the buck stops with him. Note that I have not, for one moment, called him corrupt.
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

It’s not that serious.

WOWO ko.
Aruako

E reach to laugh.
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

It’s not that serious.

WOWO ko.
Aruako

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

Lolly wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:49 am
It’s not that serious.

WOWO ko.
It could be many things. It could be stupidity. It could be the coach thinking he has seen something we haven't (Arsenal signed Martinelli from a 4th division club in Brazil). Or it could be corruption. But we won't know from speculation and innuendo.
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

aruako1 wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:57 pm
It’s not that serious.

WOWO ko.
Aruako

E reach to laugh.
It’s unfortunate when someone moves from being a highly valued commentator on the forum to becoming a subject of laughter because of his tendency to defend the indefensible!
Sad, how the mighty are fallen………
I am happy
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

Dammy wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:58 am
aruako1 wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:57 pm

Aruako

E reach to laugh.
It’s unfortunate when someone moves from being a highly valued commentator on the forum to becoming a subject of laughter because of his tendency to defend the indefensible!
Sad, how the mighty are fallen………
I think he is making the same point as me. It could be corruption but we cannot make that conclusion based on only the fact that someone was invited. It could also be the manager's belief that the player is good - stupidity is not corruption. We need more to conclude either way.