TIJANI BABANGIDA LOSES INFANT SON AND WIFE LOSES EYE.

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

COOKING SPOON
Egg
Egg
TIJANI BABANGIDA LOSES INFANT SON AND WIFE LOSES EYE.

Post by COOKING SPOON »

CHAI

:atc: :atc: :atc: :atc: :atc: :atc: :atc:

https://dailytrust.com/tijani-babangida ... -accident/

There appears to be no respite for former Nigerian international, Tijjani Babangida, as his son who is about a year old has died from injuries he sustained in the fatal road accident that claimed the life of his father’s brother, Ibrahim Babangida.

On Thursday, April 10, 2024, the 1996 Atlanta Olympics gold medallist, his wife, brother, son, and maid were involved in a ghastly accident along the Zaria-Kaduna road.

While his younger brother Ibrahim died on the spot, Tijanni, who is also the president of the Professional Footballers Association of Nigeria (PFAN) and the other occupants of the vehicle were rushed to the hospital for treatment.

However, Daily Trust has learnt from a close family friend that Tijanni’s son eventually died in the hospital as he was badly hurt in the accident.

He disclosed further that Babangida’s wife has also lost one of her eyes following the severe damage to her face.

He said “This is a difficult moment for our friend Tijanni and his entire family. After the death of Ibrahim, his little son, who was battling for life in the hospital with him, also passed away yesterday (Friday).

“Right now, he is traumatised by the death of his younger brother and his son, who was always with him. His wife has lost one of her eyes because a part of her face was damaged.

“The maid also suffered a fracture in her leg, the same as a young man who was hit by the ill-fated car.

“Well, Tijanni has since been transferred to a hospital in Abuja where he is to undergo surgery on his damaged knee and other injuries.

“All we can do is to pray for God to strengthen him to overcome the tragic situation,” he said.
They seek him here.
They seek him there.
Moderators seek him everywhere.
They seek him at night
And even at noon
That damn elusive cooking spoon
akamoke
Re: TIJANI BABANGIDA LOSES INFANT SON AND WIFE LOSES EYE.

Post by akamoke »

This is sad news for the Babangida family
I hope they find strength in this difficult time
For my sceptical Nigerian Friends : Pessimism is great because you are either always right or pleasantly surprised.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

A loss, via death, is very painful. Wishing the family quick recovery from injuries and then recovery from pain through the devastating losses.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
icee
Egg
Egg

Post by icee »

RIP :(
2think
Egg
Egg

Post by 2think »

What a sad sad news.

Thoughts and prayers to the Babangida family
May the Lord God Bless U real Good
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

Wishing God’s mercy and blessings on Tijani Babangida and his entire family, Amen❗️

Cheers.
highbury
Egg
Egg

Post by highbury »

I pray for God's strength for him and his family as they navigate thru this tragic situation.
solo
Egg
Egg

Post by solo »

May the soul of the departed rest in peace.
May the Lord strengthen him to overcome his grieve
Bell
Egg
Egg

Post by Bell »

HE'LL NEED A LOT OF SUPPORT AND...I hope he gets it.
Bell
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

Gotti wrote: Mon May 20, 2024 8:14 am
God bless Kanu and Babayaro for going to support Babangida at this very challenging time. It is tough.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."