Finidi George's Wages?.....Interesting.

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet
Finidi George's Wages?.....Interesting.

Post by Enugu II »

Finidi clearly knows that he is grossly underpaid! Hope those on CE know this....Finidi claims in an answer toi a journalist's question today that he realizes this but hopes to do well and then be offered more. This is from one of the mosdt credible sources on Nigerian football.
EXCLUSIVE: Contract details as Finidi George is unveiled
https://www.aclsports.com/exclusive-con ... -unveiled/
Nigerian football legend Finidi George officially resumes as head coach of the Super Eagles after he was unveiled in Abuja on Monday.
Calvin Emeka Onwuka
Last updated: May 13, 2024 7:19 pm

With the unveiling of new Super Eagles head coach Finidi George on Monday morning, details of the contract signed by the former Ajax star has been scooped by www.aclsports.com

Finidi, 53, was introduced to members of the press at the Conference Room of the Moshood Abiola Abuja National Stadium in a ceremony attended by the Honourable Minister for Sports Owan Enoh and the big wigs of the Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) led by President, Ibrahim Musa Gusau.
When asked what the financial details of his contract is, Finidi was coy, stating that the money will definitely come and in his words:

“I am not quite worried about earning even as much or even more than (predecessor Jose) Peseiro because what I’m getting is good enough for me at the moment. The moment I add value to what I’m here to do, the money will definitely come,” said Finidi.

THE IMPORTANT DETAILS

ACLSports can exclusively report that Finidi George who represented Nigeria in four Africa Cup of Nations (AFCON) tournaments and two World Cup tournaments as a player has been given a two-year contract which is expected to run till after the 2026 FIFA World Cup to be co-hosted by United States of America, Canada and Mexico.

Finidi has picked his 1994 Super Eagles mate Daniel Amokachi as one of his assistants with Olatunji Baruwa retaining his role as goalkeepers’ traininer having served with Finidi under Jose Peseiro. They will be joined on the technical bench by Benjamin James – the second assistant, Chima Onyeike (Fitness Trainer) and Mehmet Ozturk (Match Analyst).

While the NFF stated explicitly that there are no salaries for the assistants except for match allowances and other bonuses, ACLSports scooped authoritatively that as stated in the contract papers, Finidi will earn N15,000,0000 (fifteen million nairas) monthly, making him the highest paid indigenous coach ever in Nigeria.

FIRST ASSIGNMENT

Finidi will lead the Super Eagles out for the first time in substantive capacity when Nigeria face South Africa in a crucial 2026 World Cup qualifying game at the Nest of Champions, Uyo on June 7.

The Eagles will follow it up with a date with Benin Republic in Abidjan three days later. Nigeria currently have two points from their opening group games in the qualifying race for the next mundial.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Finidi George's Wages?.....Interesting.

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

His first paycheck mght not be this year. :laugh:
Last edited by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA on Mon May 13, 2024 7:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
OCCUPY NFF!!
Next
Egg
Egg

Post by Next »

Reports say he gets $45.000.00/month. That should be huge.
TERRORISM is the WAR of the POOR while WAR is the TERRORISM of the RICH!

The Best Quotes For Me So Far: "I was born here but brought up as an African. When you reach adulthood you either feel African or you don't, and it's not worth playing if you don't have that feeling." Efan Ekoku
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Erhmmm, that's N150 million there, which is way more than Peseiro got. Kudos to the NFF for paying a local coach more than a foreign coach for once... :taunt: :taunt:
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
delisyomie don
Egg
Egg

Post by delisyomie don »

our people like confusing us, which one is $45,000 monthly and n15,000,000 naira or 150,000,000 naira why can our government be just straightforward or the paper[press trying to mislead us] like one telling us one thing and another?

https://soccernet.ng/2024/05/super-eagl ... coach.html

https://owngoalnigeria.com/2024/05/13/r ... di-george/
thanks
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 7:32 pm His first paycheck mght not be this year. :laugh:
would your country, Benin Republic, pay your coach **** this year? :roll:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

1naija wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 7:35 pm Erhmmm, that's N150 million there, which is way more than Peseiro got. Kudos to the NFF for paying a local coach more than a foreign coach for once... :taunt: :taunt:
Why you dey read the added zero? Why not the written words used by the wrtiter? Na so you go dey fail exam oooo!!! :rotf: :rotf:
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Schillachi
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Schillachi »

delisyomie don wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 7:45 pm our people like confusing us, which one is $45,000 monthly and n15,000,000 naira or 150,000,000 naira why can our government be just straightforward or the paper[press trying to mislead us] like one telling us one thing and another?

You pretty much need to be a thorough investigator to get simple information from Nigeria.. SMH
NIGERIAN BADBOY!
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

delisyomie don wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 7:45 pm our people like confusing us, which one is $45,000 monthly and n15,000,000 naira or 150,000,000 naira why can our government be just straightforward or the paper[press trying to mislead us] like one telling us one thing and another?

...na so official govt web sites dey confuse people especially the immigration, embassy, and visa thing.
That said, will they pay the guy the said amount? NFA is notorious in owing salary to oyinbo, how much more a local coach.
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

The only plausible conclusion here is that Finidi’s salary is undisclosed. Everything else is pure conjecture🤔❗️

Cheers.
Bell
Egg
Egg

Post by Bell »

mcal wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 9:23 pm

...na so official govt web sites dey confuse people especially the immigration, embassy, and visa thing.
That said, will they pay the guy the said amount? NFA is notorious in owing salary to oyinbo, how much more a local coach.
CORRECT...Consistency and accuracy are not their hallmark. Owngoal is reporting that Benjamin James was born in Nigeria but from is own mouth the man was born in Ghana. Secondly, many refer to the new coach as Finidi (his first name), instead of George, his last name, which is the unofficial convention of referring to people.
Bell
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Bell wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 10:25 pm

CORRECT...Consistency and accuracy are not their hallmark. Owngoal is reporting that Benjamin James was born in Nigeria but from is own mouth the man was born in Ghana. Secondly, many refer to the new coach as Finidi (his first name), instead of George, his last name, which is the unofficial convention of referring to people.
Bell

1. What was Fela's last name and what do people call him?

2. What name does Finidi usually wear on the back of his jersey (not always, but more often than not)?

"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
iworo
Egg
Egg

Post by iworo »

1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

The zeros should reflect the written words. Na the writer wey flunk exam.
Enugu II wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 8:17 pm
1naija wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 7:35 pm Erhmmm, that's N150 million there, which is way more than Peseiro got. Kudos to the NFF for paying a local coach more than a foreign coach for once... :taunt: :taunt:
Why you dey read the added zero? Why not the written words used by the wrtiter? Na so you go dey fail exam oooo!!! :rotf: :rotf:
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
gochino
Egg
Egg

Post by gochino »

Enugu II wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 7:11 pm Finidi clearly knows that he is grossly underpaid! Hope those on CE know this....Finidi claims in an answer toi a journalist's question today that he realizes this but hopes to do well and then be offered more. This is from one of the mosdt credible sources on Nigerian football.
EXCLUSIVE: Contract details as Finidi George is unveiled
https://www.aclsports.com/exclusive-con ... -unveiled/
Nigerian football legend Finidi George officially resumes as head coach of the Super Eagles after he was unveiled in Abuja on Monday.
Calvin Emeka Onwuka
Last updated: May 13, 2024 7:19 pm

With the unveiling of new Super Eagles head coach Finidi George on Monday morning, details of the contract signed by the former Ajax star has been scooped by www.aclsports.com

Finidi, 53, was introduced to members of the press at the Conference Room of the Moshood Abiola Abuja National Stadium in a ceremony attended by the Honourable Minister for Sports Owan Enoh and the big wigs of the Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) led by President, Ibrahim Musa Gusau.
When asked what the financial details of his contract is, Finidi was coy, stating that the money will definitely come and in his words:

“I am not quite worried about earning even as much or even more than (predecessor Jose) Peseiro because what I’m getting is good enough for me at the moment. The moment I add value to what I’m here to do, the money will definitely come,” said Finidi.

THE IMPORTANT DETAILS

ACLSports can exclusively report that Finidi George who represented Nigeria in four Africa Cup of Nations (AFCON) tournaments and two World Cup tournaments as a player has been given a two-year contract which is expected to run till after the 2026 FIFA World Cup to be co-hosted by United States of America, Canada and Mexico.

Finidi has picked his 1994 Super Eagles mate Daniel Amokachi as one of his assistants with Olatunji Baruwa retaining his role as goalkeepers’ traininer having served with Finidi under Jose Peseiro. They will be joined on the technical bench by Benjamin James – the second assistant, Chima Onyeike (Fitness Trainer) and Mehmet Ozturk (Match Analyst).

While the NFF stated explicitly that there are no salaries for the assistants except for match allowances and other bonuses, ACLSports scooped authoritatively that as stated in the contract papers, Finidi will earn N15,000,0000 (fifteen million nairas) monthly, making him the highest paid indigenous coach ever in Nigeria.

FIRST ASSIGNMENT

Finidi will lead the Super Eagles out for the first time in substantive capacity when Nigeria face South Africa in a crucial 2026 World Cup qualifying game at the Nest of Champions, Uyo on June 7.

The Eagles will follow it up with a date with Benin Republic in Abidjan three days later. Nigeria currently have two points from their opening group games in the qualifying race for the next mundial.
And people will still have the audacity to come here and claim local coaches earn the same as foreign coaches, na wa!
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

I never understand why the press publishes details of someone’s salary. Surely that is confidential information under the contract?

The other bit of news that concerns me is Amokachi’s presence in the coaching team. His “analysis”
(if gisting like a guy in a bar deserves the name) while commentating at the AFCON showed he has gaps in his tactical knowledge large enough for a truck 🛻 convoy to drive through.
Next
Egg
Egg

Post by Next »

wiseone wrote: Tue May 14, 2024 7:32 am I never understand why the press publishes details of someone’s salary. Surely that is confidential information under the contract?

The other bit of news that concerns me is Amokachi’s presence in the coaching team. His “analysis”
(if gisting like a guy in a bar deserves the name) while commentating at the AFCON showed he has gaps in his tactical knowledge large enough for a truck 🛻 convoy to drive through.
I am pretty sure Amokachi was forced on him. Otherwise , he, Amokachi has no business being on the coaching team. Secondly, maybe that's why Finidi has his own Assistant and Match Analyst!!

Peace
TERRORISM is the WAR of the POOR while WAR is the TERRORISM of the RICH!

The Best Quotes For Me So Far: "I was born here but brought up as an African. When you reach adulthood you either feel African or you don't, and it's not worth playing if you don't have that feeling." Efan Ekoku
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

Amokachi as usual, used political connections with Northern politicians to get the job.
That has been his modus operandi since the Abacha and Al-Mustapha days. He always loiters around the SE camp anytime they’re in town.
I hope Finidi doesn’t allow him to sell merchandise to the players.
I am happy
packerland
Egg
Egg

Post by packerland »

Dammy wrote: Tue May 14, 2024 8:21 am Amokachi as usual, used political connections with Northern politicians to get the job.
That has been his modus operandi since the Abacha and Al-Mustapha days. He always loiters around the SE camp anytime they’re in town.
Kpom! The guy offers nothing. Let’s not forget that he forced his way into that 98 WC team despite having a serious knee injury. The guy was basically on one leg.
"Yea right, we await the beatings the Aussie has for them. The Falcons are just another bad team at the women world cup".....fatpokey Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:34 .
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

wiseone wrote: Tue May 14, 2024 7:32 am I never understand why the press publishes details of someone’s salary. Surely that is confidential information under the contract?

Public servant salaries are NOT confidential -- in ANY PART OF THE WORLD. Nigeria is the only place where you guys want to hide what your public officials make, so that we are unable to track their corruption.

In football, even private clubs and national teams publish salaries of players and coaches. Go online and type in a players name and "salary" and you will know how much they earn.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Dammy wrote: Tue May 14, 2024 8:21 am Amokachi as usual, used political connections with Northern politicians to get the job.
:lol: :lol:
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

Is it really confidential information? Almost every country’s national team coach’s remuneration is public knowledge. What is there to hide?
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Lolly wrote: Tue May 14, 2024 12:45 pm

Is it really confidential information? Almost every country’s national team coach’s remuneration is public knowledge. What is there to hide?
corruption.