U17 WAFU B Qualifiers - Nigeria (1) v Niger (0)

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
U17 WAFU B Qualifiers - Nigeria (1) v Niger (0)

Post by Lolly »

Last edited by Lolly on Sun May 19, 2024 7:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: U17 WAFU B Qualifiers - Nigeria v Niger

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Manu Garba’s team alway seem to be very organized when compared to some of the youth teams we’ve seen lately. Not bad for a team that was selected just last week.
OCCUPY NFF!!
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Sun May 19, 2024 6:59 pm Manu Garba’s team alway seem to be very organized when compared to some of the youth teams we’ve seen lately. Not bad for a team that was selected just last week.
:lol: That na serious exaggeration.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

The usual problem with Nigerian teams. We struggle to create much in the 3rd half. We are now playing long balls that are easily being cut out.

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Goooaal 1-0.
OCCUPY NFF!!
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

Nigeria score.

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Lolly wrote: Sun May 19, 2024 7:07 pm The usual problem with Nigerian teams. We struggle to create much in the 3rd half. We are now playing long balls that are easily being cut out.

You can’t assemble a team 5 days before the competition and expect to dazzle the opponent. We need to embrace good prep and constant improvement rather than constantly hustling to strike gold.
OCCUPY NFF!!
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Sun May 19, 2024 7:11 pm
Lolly wrote: Sun May 19, 2024 7:07 pm The usual problem with Nigerian teams. We struggle to create much in the 3rd half. We are now playing long balls that are easily being cut out.

You can’t assemble a team 5 days before the competition and expect to dazzle the opponent. We need to embrace good prep and constant improvement rather than constantly hustling to strike gold.
But our defenders are playing like a well drilled unit and making the right decisions with their passes. Weren’t they all assembled at the same time?

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Lolly wrote: Sun May 19, 2024 7:15 pm

But our defenders are playing like a well drilled unit and making the right decisions with their passes. Weren’t they all assembled at the same time?
Defense is not the same as attack. In order to have a potent attack you need cohesion between MF and attack, making the right runs and passes. It’s takes time. Defenders can cover for each other, attackers have to be available for each other to receive passes by making the right reads and runs.

U never play ball before? There’s a reason why lower ranked teams like Burley pack the bus vs teams like man city. It’s easier for them to defend than to score!
OCCUPY NFF!!
onovo
Egg
Egg

Post by onovo »

This is a hurriedly assembled team. Thus at this stage what is most important, is to qualify which ever way. Those things you are talking about can be considered in later stage/future when Manu Garba has time to spend with the team. Let the team just qualify, that is all
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

onovo wrote: Sun May 19, 2024 7:35 pm

This is a hurriedly assembled team. Thus at this stage what is most important, is to qualify which ever way. Those things you are talking about can be considered in later stage/future when Manu Garba has time to spend with the team. Let the team just qualify, that is all
Abi o. The team is actually quite solid though conservative in their approach. Lolly no even gree them 20mins before he starts rubbishing them.
OCCUPY NFF!!
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: U17 WAFU B Qualifiers - Nigeria (1) v Niger (0)

Post by Lolly »

I am not rubbishing the team. Just analysing what I have seen over the two games I have seen.

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Chei…. We don chop red card. :scared:
OCCUPY NFF!!
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

Dangerous free-kick to Niger just at the edge of the penalty box. Second of such free kicks in 5 minutes.

And red card to Nigerian defender.

Poor from the referee. Very bad decisions.

Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

Our goalkeeper with a world class save.

Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

Lolly wrote: Sun May 19, 2024 7:57 pm Dangerous free-kick to Niger just at the edge of the penalty box. Second of such free kicks in 5 minutes.

African refs! The man might as well be wearing Orange…
All of Niger Rep’s chances have come off dodgy reffing decisions. Haba!!
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

I wonder what % of our primary school kids have access to organized sports at school or recreational facilities. Though we’ve had success at the youth level, I don’t think getting to a large majority of kids who have real talent. Imagine if there’s a top talent who lives in the outskirts of Ebonyi, Ekiti,or Benue state. Are we getting to those kids?
OCCUPY NFF!!
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Gotti wrote: Sun May 19, 2024 8:02 pm
Lolly wrote: Sun May 19, 2024 7:57 pm Dangerous free-kick to Niger just at the edge of the penalty box. Second of such free kicks in 5 minutes.

The ref actually made the right decision on the pk and red card. The defender brought down a man that was clear on goal.
OCCUPY NFF!!
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

These kids already mastering the art of faking injuries by rolling on the ground. They’re forgetting that they’re the team that needs a goal.
OCCUPY NFF!!
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

We would be lucky to hold on to the lead.

But our defenders have been superb tonight but the pressure is mounting from all angles.

Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Sun May 19, 2024 8:10 pm

The ref actually made the right decision on the pk and red card. The defender brought down a man that was clear on goal.
No he didn’t. Our defender got to the ball before their player who just rolled over into the penalty box.

Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

Too much.

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

3pts. Well done boys! :thumbs:
OCCUPY NFF!!