U17 WAFU B Qualifiers - Nigeria (1) v Niger (0)

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: U17 WAFU B Qualifiers - Nigeria (1) v Niger (0)

Post by Lolly »

Full time.

Hard fought win.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
onovo
Egg
Egg

Post by onovo »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Sun May 19, 2024 8:28 pm 3pts. Well done boys! :thumbs:
Congrats to the boys ! Sometimes you win dirty !
delisyomie don
Egg
Egg

Post by delisyomie don »

kick and rush football, I blame NFF.
thanks
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

This must be the tallest U17s in our history.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Lolly wrote: Sun May 19, 2024 8:38 pm This must be the tallest U17s in our history.
[/quote\

There not. The camera angle made them look taller, even the Niger players looked like giants.
OCCUPY NFF!!
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

There are a few good prospects. The players don't know how to play the game. You can see the poor preparation on display. The NFF have failed them.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
onovo
Egg
Egg

Post by onovo »

I think the MRI is a blessing to African football no matter its challenges. One of the key observation and consensus particularly from the analyst in this WAFU U-17 tourney is that the MRI has made it such that African countries are beginning to feature genuinely young lad in the U-17 competition. In this cup, the players featured by Nigeria, Ghana, Ivory Coast, Benin, Togo, Niger, and Burkina Faso, all looked liked like school boys. This is a positive one for Africa
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

onovo wrote: Sun May 19, 2024 8:50 pm I think the MRI is a blessing to African football no matter its challenges. One of the key observation and consensus particularly from the analyst in this WAFU U-17 tourney is that the MRI has made it such that African countries are beginning to feature genuinely young lad in the U-17 competition. In this cup, the players featured by Nigeria, Ghana, Ivory Coast, Benin, Togo, Niger, and Burkina Faso, all looked liked like school boys. This is a positive one for Africa
Noted. But we also have a lot of young players who were verifiably born after 2008 that were denied a chance because they have higher bone density. What should be done about that?
OCCUPY NFF!!
onovo
Egg
Egg

Post by onovo »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Sun May 19, 2024 9:07 pm
onovo wrote: Sun May 19, 2024 8:50 pm I think the MRI is a blessing to African football no matter its challenges. One of the key observation and consensus particularly from the analyst in this WAFU U-17 tourney is that the MRI has made it such that African countries are beginning to feature genuinely young lad in the U-17 competition. In this cup, the players featured by Nigeria, Ghana, Ivory Coast, Benin, Togo, Niger, and Burkina Faso, all looked liked like school boys. This is a positive one for Africa
Noted. But we also have a lot of young players who were verifiably born after 2008 that were denied a chance because they have higher bone density. What should be done about that?
Alright, Then are you suggesting that African countries do away with the MRI and use birth certificate or international passport as a proof of age ?
onovo
Egg
Egg

Post by onovo »

Alright, Then are you suggesting that African countries do away with the MRI and use birth certificate or international passport as a proof of age ?
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Sun May 19, 2024 8:45 pm
Lolly wrote: Sun May 19, 2024 8:38 pm This must be the tallest U17s in our history.
There not. The camera angle made them look taller, even the Niger players looked like giants.
Yes they are. Look at our full backs, the DM and the 3 attacking players. All taller than the average footballer.

Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Do I need to sit down face to face with you to drill home the point that the MRI for age does NOT look at bone density!
Haba, Kongi!
How many times?
I still told you this sometime last week in response to your “bone density” misinfo.
They look at growth plates, not “bone density”
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

I hear Brentford want to sign Cletus. The first thing they will do is deprogram him from the nonsense Maanu Garba is teaching him. Start from scrach and give him proper eductaion on how to play the game properly.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

Damunk wrote: Sun May 19, 2024 10:19 pm
Do I need to sit down face to face with you to drill home the point that the MRI for age does NOT look at bone density!
Haba, Kongi!
How many times?
I still told you this sometime last week in response to your “bone density” misinfo.
To be fair it seems Bret was right about Kongi being somewhat of a moron.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Haba, Kongi!
How many times?

Call it whatever you want.

The only soft tissue that can help determine age is the brain, the kids are not getting brain scans. Instead they scan their wrist or knee to determine age by eaxaming the growth plates that have a strong correlation to chronological age. The more pronounced the plates the older the player is determined to be. The likelihood of an incorrect reading is significantly higher in players with high none density. It is not 100% accurate. Much lower infact.
OCCUPY NFF!!
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

Tobi17 wrote: Sun May 19, 2024 10:56 pm
Haba, Kongi!
How many times?
To be fair it seems Bret was right about Kongi being somewhat of a moron.
Somewhat? No he IS a moron :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Sun May 19, 2024 11:15 pm
Haba, Kongi!
How many times?

The only soft tissue that can help determine age is the brain, the kids are not getting brain scans. Instead they scan their wrist or knee to determine age by eaxaming the growth plates that have a strong correlation to chronological age. The more pronounced the plates the older the player is determined to be. The likelihood of an incorrect reading is significantly higher in players with high none density. It is not 100% accurate. Much lower infact.
Story.
Just stop calling it “bone density”.
It makes it obvious you don’t know what you’re talking about. Don’t be another Ohenhenhen, talking rubbish with full chest.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

delisyomie don wrote: Sun May 19, 2024 8:30 pm kick and rush football, I blame NFF.
The team only resorted to a semblance (not total, mind you) of kick-and-rush football after going down to 10 men, which made sense as they already had the lead and with numerical disadvantage were compelled to defend in numbers, while looking (of hoping) to be able to catch their Nigerien defense on a breakaway. Prior to the red card (at least for the parts of the game that I saw) the team for the most part kept the ball on the turf and played a good short passing game.
Last edited by Gotti on Mon May 20, 2024 5:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Damunk wrote: Mon May 20, 2024 5:27 am
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Sun May 19, 2024 11:15 pm
Haba, Kongi!
How many times?

Story.
Just stop calling it “bone density”.
It makes it obvious you don’t know what you’re talking about. Don’t be another Ohenhenhen, talking rubbish with full chest.
What do you think bone “plates” are? And how do you think the growth is calculated? They scan the bone and do one of 2 things. A visual assessment and determination of the results or a SCAN of the density of the bone around the plates for a more,assumed,accurate reading. I can’t believe you’re even trying to defend your position because density is widely used to determine not just human age but rocks, trees and just about everything that requires dating. Diamonds are the hardest substance on earth because of density and purity. Even oil and gas explorers use density to determine to amount of resources available in the ocean or waterways.
OCCUPY NFF!!
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

onovo wrote: Sun May 19, 2024 8:50 pm I think the MRI is a blessing to African football no matter its challenges. One of the key observation and consensus particularly from the analyst in this WAFU U-17 tourney is that the MRI has made it such that African countries are beginning to feature genuinely young lad in the U-17 competition. In this cup, the players featured by Nigeria, Ghana, Ivory Coast, Benin, Togo, Niger, and Burkina Faso, all looked liked like school boys.This is a positive one for Africa
Looking like school boys is neither proof of being a schoolboy or U17…
Until we put in place working record-keeping infrastructure, it’s all BS.
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Sun May 19, 2024 8:10 pm The ref actually made the right decision on the pk and red card. The defender brought down a man that was clear on goal.
The 2 CDs had caught up with the attacker and dispossessed him at which point he flung himself to the ground…
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
onovo
Egg
Egg

Post by onovo »

I agree with you on this. These current Eaglet on average have height relative to other set I have seen in recent. Even right from the goalkeeper. My Guess was that considering that we were going to play Sahara desert countries like Niger and Burkina Faso in the group stage, Manu Garba opted for players with height advantage to neutralise these opponent, whom are known to naturally have tall people/players just like Mali and South Sudan.