U17 Women World Cup Q: Harmony Chidi hat-trick powers Nigeria past Burkina Faso to final playoff

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

iworo
Egg
Egg
U17 Women World Cup Q: Harmony Chidi hat-trick powers Nigeria past Burkina Faso to final playoff

Post by iworo »

U17 Women World Cup Q: Harmony Chidi hat-trick powers P to final playoff

[media]https://www.youtube.com/live/6P5j1EXnhf ... WE4WK3jziS[/media]

Nigeria’s U-17 women’s national team defeated their counterparts from Burkina Faso to advance to the fourth and final qualifying round for the 2024 FIFA U17 World Cup in the Dominican Republic, Soccernet.ng reports.

The Flamingos powered to a well-deserved [6-0] win over their West African neighbours inside the National Stadium in Abuja to secure a [7-1] aggregate victory.

Harmony Chidi was Nigeria’s outstanding performer as the young forward netted an excellent hat-trick while Peace Effiong claimed a brace to inspire the Flamingos to another huge win.

It would be recalled that the two teams played out a [1-1] draw at the Stade 26 Mars in Bamako, Mali, last week.

However, the Flamingos were in no mood for niceties in Abuja on Saturday as the coach Bankole Olowookere took a two-goal lead into the halftime break.

Chidi gave Nigeria the lead in the 11th minute before Peace Effiong doubled the advantage just past the half-hour mark.

Nigeria extended the superiority after the interval with Chidi heading home her second of the match and the Flamingos’ third and Ramota Kareem’s brilliant effort compounded the woes for the visitors.

Chidi completed her hat-trick four minutes from time before Peace Effiong bagged her second of the encounter as the rampant Flamingos made light work of Burkina Faso.

The Flamingos’ [6-0] win equals Nigeria’s biggest win during the qualifiers and the country’s best result since beating Azerbaijan 11-0 at the FIFA U17 Women’s World Cup in 2012.

Nigeria have now advanced to the final qualifying round of the 2024 Women’s World Cup, where Flamingos will face either Senegal or Liberia.

The Flamingos won a bronze medal at the 2022 edition of the U17 Women’s World Cup in India after beating Germany in the third-place match.

https://soccernet.ng/2024/05/u17-women- ... ayoff.html
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: U17 Women World Cup Q: Harmony Chidi hat-trick powers Nigeria past Burkina Faso to final playoff

Post by Lolly »

Well done girls.

Do the girls have to undergo MRI tests too? I haven’t heard about them failing in high numbers.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: U17 Women World Cup Q: Harmony Chidi hat-trick powers Nigeria past Burkina Faso to final playoff

Post by jette1 »

Nigeria. Being helped by Niger winning over Togo
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Lolly wrote: Sun May 19, 2024 5:30 pm Well done girls.

Do the girls have to undergo MRI tests too?
I haven’t heard about them failing in high numbers.
No.
Due to all sorts of hormonal reasons, growth plates in girls fuse much earlier and therefore MRIs in that age group is no way near reliable. If it were to determine U15 or maybe even u16, the reliability would be much higher and therefore usable as a screen.

In short, at the u17 level, an unacceptably high number of young girls genuinely under the age of 17 would fail the test.
Unfortunately, it also means that those older girls determined to cheat might get away with it because there is no technical means of determining age and the authorities have to rely on ‘normal’ screening methods and the sincerity of all involved.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

Damunk wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 4:39 am
Lolly wrote: Sun May 19, 2024 5:30 pm Well done girls.

Do the girls have to undergo MRI tests too?
I haven’t heard about them failing in high numbers.
No.
Due to all sorts of hormonal reasons, growth plates in girls fuse much earlier and therefore MRIs in that age group is no way near reliable. If it were to determine U15 or maybe even u16, the reliability would be much higher and therefore usable as a screen.

In short, at the u17 level, an unacceptably high number of young girls genuinely under the age of 17 would fail the test.
Unfortunately, it also means that those older girls determined to cheat might get away with it because there is no technical means of determining age and the authorities have to rely on ‘normal’ screening methods and the sincerity of all involved.
for them a more appropriate test would probably be testosterone level test; some of these Ghanian women look like Pigporkey
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

No kind of testing to determine age is foolproof or appropriate. Age grade testing has been and is being championed by those arrogant supremacists who couldn’t stand black teams beating white teams; so, they sort to handicap black teams with the so-called age testing.

The following is a sincere question: do Europeans, Asians and Americans undergo this testing? I know their masters’ trumpets and apologists will soon rush over here to tell me just how much more organized all these other continents are and how age tracking in these places is foolproof… but if these tests are so accurate, why not give them to everyone to level the playing field❓🤔❗️

Cheers.