Lookman dumps Nigeria

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Lookman dumps Nigeria

Post by airwolex »

bret- hart wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 2:41 am
packerland wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 2:24 am
1naija wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 1:31 am No comments.

No wonder they call you Bret Fart, the agent zero :D
bret- hart wrote: Tue Nov 20, 2018 3:26 pm Dude is overhyped. The NFF should be after Ovie and Eze instead.
Uncle why pick on our African Mino Raiola? Did you not see the countless people on this thread that got their Lookman take wrong. One mugu even said he’s half the player that Samuel Kalu is.
We were all wrong about Lookman. The beauty of all this is he has proven us wroong. I will humbly admit i was wrong then even tho he was going thru some rough patches...unlike 419Naija who is always wrong 100% of the time and will never admit he is wrong aka a dumb@ss.
Not me oh. Always rated him.
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

bret- hart wrote: Tue Nov 20, 2018 3:26 pm Dude is overhyped. The NFF should be after Ovie and Eze instead.
:rotf:

I only laughed at the Ovie part, truly hindsight isn't always 2020 :taunt:
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

wiseone wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 12:56 am It is amazing what a change of environment can do for a player. I remember Lookman looking really raw ar Fulham, Everton, and Leicester. Who can forget his disastrous attempt at a Panenka penalty for Fulham in the 98th minute with his team losing and facing relegation. He rightly gor criticised for a lack of good judgment.

He has really flourished after moving to a new league that prioritises technical ability. Well done to him.

Hmmm, he was good at Fulham and Leicester. Some Leiscester fans were annoyed they let him go. The signs were alwways there!

It's not much of a big deal if you do not rate certain players, but I hope people learn their lessons and stop attacking all foreign born Nigerian players all the time! They are all not the same. Some will want to play for us, some won't. Some will fit in some won't! I remember arguing that he was a better fit for us stylistically than even Saka.

Not gonna lie, feel so vindicated. Especially with all the rubbish I got from Emir.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

This is the Lookman the haters called a ‘reject’.
All because he was weighing his options, like we don’t all weigh our options as young men and nobody killed us. :roll:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

Damunk wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 5:57 am This is the Lookman the haters called a ‘reject’.
All because he was weighing his options, like we don’t all weigh our options as young men and nobody killed us. :roll:
Your man EII is conspicuously missing from the threads on Lookman! He’s unable to admit he was wrong on calling Lookman “easily disposable”
I am happy
gochino
Egg
Egg

Post by gochino »

Tobi17 wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 5:13 am

Ovie is really a suprise, he has great talent but has been clubless for a while
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

Damunk wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 5:57 am This is the Lookman the haters called a ‘reject’.
I never understand the vitriol towards players that appear to consider other countries. Of course, I prefer it if they choose us but the tantrums here are often cringeworthy.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

aruako1 wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 7:50 am
I never understand the vitriol towards players that appear to consider other countries. Of course, I prefer it if they choose us but the tantrums here are often cringeworthy.
That’s the point!
There’s a deeper issue going on with the those who can’t get their instant gratification, take it very personally when they don’t and then insult those of us that have a completely different approach to life.
Like has been pointed out, half if not more of these beefers have chosen to offer their skills to foreign countries but have no sense of irony when they query the loyalty of young men trying to make their own career-impacting choices.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Dammy wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 6:41 am
Your man EII is conspicuously missing from the threads on Lookman! He’s unable to admit he was wrong on calling Lookman “easily disposable”
He’s not the only one, but in fairness, I don’t think Prof follows European club football that much.
Enyi
Egg
Egg

Post by Enyi »

airwolex wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 5:16 am
wiseone wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 12:56 am It is amazing what a change of environment can do for a player. I remember Lookman looking really raw ar Fulham, Everton, and Leicester. Who can forget his disastrous attempt at a Panenka penalty for Fulham in the 98th minute with his team losing and facing relegation. He rightly gor criticised for a lack of good judgment.

He has really flourished after moving to a new league that prioritises technical ability. Well done to him.

Hmmm, he was good at Fulham and Leicester. Some Leiscester fans were annoyed they let him go. The signs were alwways there!

It's not much of a big deal if you do not rate certain players, but I hope people learn their lessons and stop attacking all foreign born Nigerian players all the time! They are all not the same. Some will want to play for us, some won't. Some will fit in some won't! I remember arguing that he was a better fit for us stylistically than even Saka.

Not gonna lie, feel so vindicated. Especially with all the rubbish I got from Emir.
Totally agree
The stupid neither forgive nor forget- the smart forgive- but never forget" -Thomas Szasz.

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and consciencious stupidity."
-Martin Luther King- Jr.

“Our Audacity to rise from our losses is what makes Nigerian the number one footballing nation in Africa - Stephen Keshi RIP

Those who don't take decisions never make mistakes."..........
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

Damunk wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 8:10 am
aruako1 wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 7:50 am
That’s the point!
There’s a deeper issue going on with the those who can’t get their instant gratification, take it very personally when they don’t and then insult those of us that have a completely different approach to life.
Like has been pointed out, half if not more of these beefers have chosen to offer their skills to foreign countries but have no sense of irony when they query the loyalty of young men trying to make their own career-impacting choices.
It is natural for fans to be sore if a player "rejects" us - we are not always the most logical. But some of these guys go too far and you can see their faces bulging with rage at the mention of these players.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

This thread was a reaction to the reports that Lookman dumps Nigeria. I posted that video about Kalu because he was balling at that time in 2018. If not for his health issues and scare he would have been great.

I do that to every player who yeye Nigeria etc.

You play for my SE you get lots of Love . If you use my country as a springboard to get selection for any other nation I will react by any means necessary

That pathetic Eze used us as a joke, even went on Onuoah's podcast .
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

Bigpokey24 wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 10:57 am This thread was a reaction to the reports that Lookman dumps Nigeria. I posted that video about Kalu because he was balling at that time in 2018. If not for his health issues and scare he would have been great.

You play for my SE you get lots of Love . If you use my country as a springboard to get selection for any other nation I will react by any means necessary

Why can it not be that Eze, who is like a son to you btw, had a tough choice to make and took his time? Wish the boy well and let's move on to the SE.
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

Tobi17 wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 5:13 am

I don't know what happened to Ovie. He had so much potential. I believe he was part of that England U20 set with Lookman Tomori and Solanke. Hope he bounces back.
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

Bigpokey24 wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 10:57 am This thread was a reaction to the reports that Lookman dumps Nigeria. I posted that video about Kalu because he was balling at that time in 2018. If not for his health issues and scare he would have been great.

2018 was a long time ago in an athlete's life. When you made your statement, it was valid at the time.
The kid has grown, and his game has matured.
Nothing in life is static.
The credit is to guys who change their initial opinion and stance based on current evidence.
Nothing to apologize for a statement made in 2018, six years ago.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!