LETS CLAIM OUR OWN…..

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Enyi
Egg
Egg
LETS CLAIM OUR OWN…..

Post by Enyi »

It’s unfortunate that all the news agencies carried Lookman as a kid from England or Atlanta….only Aljezeera called him a Nigerian…..

If we keep fighting here over foreign born and home breed, Nigeria will lose opportunities like this to get a step ahead

Let’s claim our own, whether born abroad or at home, let’s stamp on the fact that they are Nigerian. It will elevate the SE and the country Nigeria….

Lookman, Jordan, Caleb, Solanke, Tosin….etc….

If ur parents are Nigerian….YOU ARE NIGERIAN (cos ur a sum of their experiences)
The stupid neither forgive nor forget- the smart forgive- but never forget" -Thomas Szasz.

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and consciencious stupidity."
-Martin Luther King- Jr.

“Our Audacity to rise from our losses is what makes Nigerian the number one footballing nation in Africa - Stephen Keshi RIP

Those who don't take decisions never make mistakes."..........
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle
Re: LETS CLAIM OUR OWN…..

Post by Bigpokey24 »

I noticed the commentators yesterday, all they mentioned was london etc ..not once did they mention Nigeria or SE
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Enyi
Egg
Egg

Post by Enyi »

Bigpokey24 wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 11:05 am I noticed the commentators yesterday, all they mentioned was london etc ..not once did they mention Nigeria or SE
The supporters need to change that..... I called L'Equippe once he was given 10/10 rating to say he is Nigerian....Still all I got was a sentence...

I believe that a few have taken that to Instagram and X as well....

btw... this is time to talk to Olise..... because a forward line of Lookman, Osimhen and Olise is near impossible to stop...
The stupid neither forgive nor forget- the smart forgive- but never forget" -Thomas Szasz.

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and consciencious stupidity."
-Martin Luther King- Jr.

“Our Audacity to rise from our losses is what makes Nigerian the number one footballing nation in Africa - Stephen Keshi RIP

Enyi
Egg
Egg

Post by Enyi »

Also are you guys watching the u-17, Simon Cletus..... Wow that kid could play in the next world cup for SE....

I think i have just seen an energetic Mikel....

-Martin Luther King- Jr.

airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

Bigpokey24 wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 11:05 am I noticed the commentators yesterday, all they mentioned was london etc ..not once did they mention Nigeria or SE
Yep. Quick to talk up his South London roots and how he grew up playing cage football. I had to check one dude on Youtube who said he was made in England. How many Engish players actually play with that much flair? Anyway na dem know.
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

airwolex wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 2:30 pm
Yep. Quick to talk up his South London roots and how he grew up playing cage football. I had to check one dude on Youtube who said he was made in England. How many Engish players actually play with that much flair? Anyway na dem know.
But he was made in England.
I am glad we gave him the opportunity to play international footie.
It goes a long way in growing a player's confidence.
In sports, confidence is everything.

What we should do is use Lookman's success as a selling point to others who might think there's nothing for them to benefit by playing for Naijaria.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

Cellular wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 2:46 pm
airwolex wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 2:30 pm
But he was made in England.
I am glad we gave him the opportunity to play international footie.
It goes a long way in growing a player's confidence.
In sports, confidence is everything.

What we should do is use Lookman's success as a selling point to others who might think there's nothing for them to benefit by playing for Naijaria.
Didn't they know that before yesterday? If he had had a stinker he would have been "Nigerian". The guy I replied said and I quote "Says it all about African football that their Player of the Year was made in ENgland."
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Lookman has been a much better player since he played for the SE. The Afcon this year really elevated him . Now the bobo is highly sorted after. For me three Nigerians Osimhen, Boniface and Lookman are going to get nominated for APOY
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Great question from the Naija journalist.

Boooo to the first question. Are Euopeans not proud of him?

The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

Bigpokey24 wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 6:22 pm Lookman has been a much better player since he played for the SE. The Afcon this year really elevated him . Now the bobo is highly sorted after. For me three Nigerians Osimhen, Boniface and Lookman are going to get nominated for APOY
I was really worried for him, just imagine playing 4 finals in your career and always coming second best?
Happy he won.
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

ANC wrote: Fri May 24, 2024 1:24 am
Bigpokey24 wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 6:22 pm Lookman has been a much better player since he played for the SE. The Afcon this year really elevated him . Now the bobo is highly sorted after. For me three Nigerians Osimhen, Boniface and Lookman are going to get nominated for APOY
I was really worried for him, just imagine playing 4 finals in your career and always coming second best?
Happy he won.
I was feeling the same way too and I was in a quandary as I also wanted Boniface and Tella to make history by being undefeated for the whole season. At the end of the day, I would have taken Ademola scoring a hat-trick to lift his first ever club trophy
I am happy