Can we name Eagles Nest Ademola Lookman corner for at least one month?

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet
Can we name Eagles Nest Ademola Lookman corner for at least one month?

Post by ANC »

Kai, when was the last time a SE made CE so proud; its been decades, since the days of Kanu and Finidi!
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Can we name Eagles Nest Ademola Lookman corner for at least one month?

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

You wan jinx the guy? :roll:
OCCUPY NFF!!
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Fri May 24, 2024 1:08 am You wan jinx the guy? :roll:
No oo
Haba

Give accolades to those that it is due. Was it a jinx to give him MOM after the finals?
truetalk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by truetalk »

When he scores 3 goals in the final for us to lift the WC, in addition to 5 goals leading up to the finals.

Then we can.
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

truetalk wrote: Fri May 24, 2024 1:25 am When he scores 3 goals in the final for us to lift the WC, in addition to 5 goals leading up to the finals.

Then we can.
jealous old man, you. :taunt:
I just love the young man, you can tell he had good home training.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

This is why we need to start winning titles. Our fans are not used to winning, so when "one winning" happens, they become overwhelmed and do not know how to act. :oops: I curse the day our fans started supporting the likes of Arsenal and Tottenham.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

danfo driver wrote: Fri May 24, 2024 1:34 am This is why we need to start winning titles. Our fans are not used to winning, so when "one winning" happens, they become overwhelmed and do not know how to act. :oops: I curse the day our fans started supporting the likes of Arsenal and Tottenham.

So you agree when a SE dominates the world, CE should act accordingly and give honors.
Ademola was the best player on this face of earth on that hour, first to ever score three goals in such final.
He put three goals against a team that were unbeatable!

kai World Class.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

ANC wrote: Fri May 24, 2024 1:38 am
danfo driver wrote: Fri May 24, 2024 1:34 am This is why we need to start winning titles. Our fans are not used to winning, so when "one winning" happens, they become overwhelmed and do not know how to act. :oops: I curse the day our fans started supporting the likes of Arsenal and Tottenham.

So you agree when a SE dominates the world, CE should act accordingly and give honors.
Ademola was the best player on this face of earth on that hour, first to ever score three goals in such final.

kai World Class.
He did very well.

When we finished 2nd at the AFCON, the President left a horrid economy, a tumbling currency, poverty and healthcare decay to start hosting the team and giving them honors. He even gave our national honour to a Portuguese citizen.

Like I said, we have to start winning consistently, so that Nigerians regain the taste of winning. Once we can do that, things like this will be normal to us and we wont lose our composure. I hope you are well.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

For scoring hat trick?
ANC wrote: Fri May 24, 2024 1:01 am Kai, when was the last time a SE made CE so proud; its been decades, since the days of Kanu and Finidi!
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

1naija wrote: Fri May 24, 2024 1:45 am For scoring hat trick?
ANC wrote: Fri May 24, 2024 1:01 am Kai, when was the last time a SE made CE so proud; its been decades, since the days of Kanu and Finidi!
Yes, he should, for he dominated the indomitable and was the best player in the world on that day. He was the first to score three goals in such a tournament. He wiped away the tears of AFCON silver.
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

Stop getting carried away. Lookman has done very well indeed but Nigerians have been doing big things in soccer for a long time. Mikel, Nacho, Osimhen and Boniface, amongst others, have had their moments under the sun in fairly recent times. In fact, I believe Victor Boniface’s accomplishments this season eclipses Ademola Lookman’s but I suppose that’s a matter of opinion🤔❗️

Cheers.
Last edited by TonyTheTigerKiller on Fri May 24, 2024 2:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

danfo driver wrote: Fri May 24, 2024 1:44 am
ANC wrote: Fri May 24, 2024 1:38 am

kai World Class.
He did very well.

When we finished 2nd at the AFCON, the President left a horrid economy, a tumbling currency, poverty and healthcare decay to start hosting the team and giving them honors. He even gave our national honour to a Portuguese citizen.

Like I said, we have to start winning consistently, so that Nigerians regain the taste of winning. Once we can do that, things like this will be normal to us and we wont lose our composure. I hope you are well.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

TonyTheTigerKiller wrote: Fri May 24, 2024 1:56 am
Stop getting carried away. Lookman has done very well indeed but Nigerians have been doing big things in soccer for a long time. Mikel, Nacho, Osimhen and Boniface have had their moments under the sun in fairly recent times. In fact, I believe Boniface’s accomplishments this season eclipses Lookman’s but I suppose that’s a matter of opinion🤔❗️

Cheers.
Mikely, Nacho, Osimhen, Boniface, have all done well.
However, this one sweet pass.
Murderators, please welcome me to the fold.
I now know what my first action would be.
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

FYI this is a SE fan website.
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

https://wtop.com/sports/2024/05/atalant ... r-history/

DUBLIN (AP) — There was an unlikely answer Wednesday to the question of who would score the first hat trick in a men’s European club final since 1975.

Stealth in the penalty area, balance on the ball, deft footwork, and precise shooting with both feet were factors in a standout performance.

On Gasperini, a 20-year veteran of coaching at Italian clubs, he said: “The first few conversations I had with him made me look at football a lot different. Made things simpler in my mind, play my game in a different light.”

Atalanta captain Berat Djimsiti said he told Lookman before the game “we need the best version of Ademola.”

“I see it for myself in every training it’s hard to play against him,” Djimsiti said, “and today was incredible.”

Among the few men who have scored hat tricks in European finals are Real Madrid greats Ferenc Puskás and Alfredo di Stefano, more than 60 years ago.
anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anointed »

For scoring hat trick for Atalanta?

Aren't you the bloke who calls people slaves?
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God. For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding...hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world? 21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe
Babalawo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Babalawo »

I agree with this!
Those were not tap-in goals, those were World Class Goals in an Europa league final, anyone trying to play this down is just a Hater!
Ademola Lookman with those goals has become the most outstanding Nigerian Player this season, closely followed behind by Osimhen and Boniface!

Our Trilogy of Strkers (Ade, Vic X 2) Made us proud this season :thumbs:
Peter Obi For President 2023
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

Babalawo wrote: Fri May 24, 2024 10:51 am I agree with this!
Those were not tap-in goals, those were World Class Goals in an Europa league final, anyone trying to play this down is just a Hater!
Ademola Lookman with those goals has become the most outstanding Nigerian Player this season, closely followed behind by Osimhen and Boniface!

Blablalawo, good to see you around here...was asking Oga at The Top about you recently
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

Babalawo wrote: Fri May 24, 2024 10:51 am I agree with this!

Blablalawo, good to see you around here...was asking Oga at The Top about you recently
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Are we still doing the name-change? or no need? :D
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Scipio Africanus »

danfo driver wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2024 8:16 pm
No, let's name it after the Destroyer of Sassuolo! :woot: :woot: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :woot: :woot:

Wha choo looking at?!
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

danfo driver wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2024 8:16 pm
Its too late now. You have proven that you are not grateful for anything good.
Enjoy the rough ride. I warned you.