Finidi Speaks - Nigerians will be proud of SE under my watch

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet
Finidi Speaks - Nigerians will be proud of SE under my watch

Post by wanaj0 »

I Handpicked my Backroom Staff, I'm Comfortable with the Terms of My Contract - George

“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Finidi Speaks - Nigerians will be proud of SE under my watch

Post by Dammy »

He still mentioned Musa among the captains in the SE!
Musa surely has a hold over someone in the NFF, if he still being mentioned in the SE context
I am happy
Otitokoro
Egg
Egg

Post by Otitokoro »

The man is clearly a puppet of the NFF leadership and has no spine.
First Amokachi, who everyone knows is not competent for the role, then Musa, who has no club and is on the verge of retirement.
Daft decision making on his part.
Dammy wrote: Fri May 24, 2024 3:51 pm He still mentioned Musa among the captains in the SE!
Musa surely has a hold over someone in the NFF, if he still being mentioned in the SE context
gochino
Egg
Egg

Post by gochino »

Na wah, Nigerians and fake news! So the issue with Lookman was all just fake news? We need to shut down owngoalnigeria.com, they started this.
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

Dammy wrote: Fri May 24, 2024 3:51 pm He still mentioned Musa among the captains in the SE!
But Musa should make the right decision instead of taking up space.
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Even when Musa passes on, his corpse will take up a spot on the roster and he will still be a non playing captain.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

vancity eagle wrote: Fri May 24, 2024 5:36 pm Even when Musa passes on, his corpse will take up a spot on the roster and he will still be a non playing captain.
Could also be that after you pass on Musa will still be captain.
OCCUPY NFF!!
ikemba
Egg
Egg

Post by ikemba »

It was one of the journalist that mentioned Musa around the 20th minute. He said NO with emphasis , that the captain band will only be for PLAYING active senior players.
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

It’s political pandering to Musas constituents
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
iworo
Egg
Egg

Post by iworo »

wanaj0 wrote: Fri May 24, 2024 2:20 pm

I Handpicked my Backroom Staff, I'm Comfortable with the Terms of My Contract - George

Finidi's communication skills are the poorest I have ever witnessed from a Super Eagles coach, including those for whom English is not their country's official language. He seems too laid-back, lacks confidence, and gives politically inclined answers. I hope he can effectively convey his knowledge and ideas to the players and staff. Best of luck to him.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Actually I think Finidi handled himself well in thos interview.

It was the journalists who were very embarrassing asking stupid questions.

1. First journalist was going on about how NFF was disrespecting Finidi because he was given a mandate. Is this guy really that daft ? To Finidis credit he pointed out Peseiro was also given one.

2. Can these journalists ever talk about anything other than picking homebased players, as if it is a divine right for them to be in the team. Again, Finidi pointed out they will be looked at in positions where we are weaker.

3. Stupid journalists keep talking about 1994 and 442 and Finidi rightly shut him down saying that FOOTBALL HAS MOVED ON. :thumb:

4. He also dealt with the Captain/Musa question very well.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

vancity eagle wrote: Fri May 24, 2024 10:53 pm Actually I think Finidi handled himself well in thos interview.

1. First journalist was going on about how NFF was disrespecting Finidi because he was given a mandate. Is this guy really that daft ? To Finidis credit he pointed out Peseiro was also given one.

2. Can these journalists ever talk about anything other than picking homebased players, as if it is a divine right for them to be in the team. Again, Finidi pointed out they will be looked at in positions where we are weaker.

3. Stupid journalists keep talking about 1994 and 442 and Finidi rightly shut him down saying that FOOTBALL HAS MOVED ON. :thumb:

VE,

I agree with your take that the interview is not as bad as portrayed by many here. Does he need public speaking classes? Yes, he does but he does several things well already.

His personality is laid back and that shows through. There is nothing wrong with that given that a variety of personalities should be accommodated. He maintains eye contact which is a plus. Now what is the downside? He has too many "eh...ehm..." interrupters that can be annoying and distracting. This is definitely something a public speaking class can cure.

Now, to the interview: I am really disappointed that there was no investigative closure for the family after Igenawari's death which occurred years ago. That just reminds me that life is cheap in Nigeria.

The journalists? Apart from the guy closest to Finidi, you can tell that the other two are clueless when it comes to football. Yes, both a seasoned political journalists but on football they are really light weights, in my opinion and it shows.

But, VE, the journalists should link the team to the past. Football is not just about what is in front of you -- the present but it is also the past because football is about memories. I do not think Finidi shut them down on that issue. All Finidi referred to is a change in formation but had no problem with the reference to the past and the historical linkage.

I definitely would have been disappointed if they failed to discuss the issue of HB players given that the Nigerian football public has that discussion as a major issue and journalists must reflect what their audience seeks.
Last edited by Enugu II on Sat May 25, 2024 12:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

iworo wrote: Fri May 24, 2024 9:34 pm
wanaj0 wrote: Fri May 24, 2024 2:20 pm

Finidi's communication skills are the poorest I have ever witnessed from a Super Eagles coach, including those for whom English is not their country's official language. He seems too laid-back, lacks confidence, and gives politically inclined answers. I hope he can effectively convey his knowledge and ideas to the players and staff. Best of luck to him.
so who communicates better Finidi or passeiro
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Enugu II wrote: Sat May 25, 2024 12:41 am
vancity eagle wrote: Fri May 24, 2024 10:53 pm Actually I think Finidi handled himself well in thos interview.

VE,

I agree with your take that the interview is not as bad as portrayed by many here. Does he need public speaking classes? Yes, he does but he does several things well already.

His personality is laid back and that shows through. There is nothing wrong with that given that a variety of personalities should be accommodated. He maintains eye contact which is a plus. Now what is the downside? He has too many "eh...ehm..." interrupters that can be annoying and distracting. This is definitely something a public speaking class can cure.

Now, to the interview: I am really disappointed that there was no investigative closure for the family after Igenawari's death which occurred years ago. That just reminds me that life is cheap in Nigeria.

The journalists? Apart from the guy closest to Finidi, you can tell that the other two are clueless when it comes to football. Yes, both a seasoned political journalists but on football they are really light weights, in my opinion and it shows.

But, VE, the journalists should link the team to the past. Football is not just about what is in front of you -- the present but it is also the past because football is about memories. I do not think Finidi shut them down on that issue. All Finidi referred to is a change in formation but had no problem with the reference to the past and the historical linkage.

I definitely would have been disappointed id they failed to discuss the issue of HB players given that the Nigerian football public has that discussion as a major issue and journalists must reflect what their audience seeks.
EII

There are much more important questions about the direction of SE than the same tired and repetitive

1. Why are they no homebased players?

And

2. We used to play 442 attacking football, when we go return ?

These seem to be the same generic and frankly MEANINGLESS questions Nigerian journalists keep asking every SE coach.

More important questions would be

1. What is up with lack of depth in defence ? Why the same Awaziem, etc. When the likes of Osho, Torunariga, Ogbu, and Fredrick are doing well in their clubs.

2. When will youth like Eletu and Akansanmiro be integrated? Are you monitoring them ?

3. Are there any foreign born talents you are pursuing ? Adarabioyo, Olise, Madueke, Ugochukwu, Ireoengam, Okonkwo, Ehizibue, Okoli. Where are we with these players.

4. Why are non playing club players like Iheanacho in the team ?
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

vancity eagle wrote: Sat May 25, 2024 2:37 am

VE,

I definitely would have been disappointed id they failed to discuss the issue of HB players given that the Nigerian football public has that discussion as a major issue and journalists must reflect what their audience seeks.
EII

There are much more important questions about the direction of SE than the same tired and repetitive

And

These seem to be the same generic and frankly MEANINGLESS questions Nigerian journalists keep asking every SE coach.

1. What is up with lack of depth in defence ? Why the same Awaziem, etc. When the likes of Osho, Torunariga, Ogbu, and Fredrick are doing well in their clubs.

2. When will youth like Eletu and Akansanmiro be integrated? Are you monitoring them ?

3. Are there any foreign born talents you are pursuing ? Adarabioyo, Olise, Madueke, Ugochukwu, Ireoengam, Okonkwo, Ehizibue, Okoli. Where are we with these players.

Kpom! :thumb:
OCCUPY NFF!!
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

vancity eagle wrote: Sat May 25, 2024 2:37 am

VE,

EII

And

VE,

Those are important questions as well but the question about inclusion of HB players ranks top given the public expressed interest in it and journalists serve that public interest.

Bear in mind that some of the questions you raised here could not have been asked by the journalists because those issues emerged afterwards and not prior to the interview e.g. aspects of #1 and then i suspect that Finidi may note be the guy to address #3. Most of #3 will more accurately be addressed by administrators, I suspect.

On your #3, apparently some journalist asked and you can find Finidi's answer here https://www.pulsesports.ng/football/sto ... 0473646368
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

Otitokoro wrote: Fri May 24, 2024 3:56 pm The man is clearly a puppet of the NFF leadership and has no spine.
First Amokachi, who everyone knows is not competent for the role, then Musa, who has no club and is on the verge of retirement.
Is this from the interview or you are just portraying your biases?
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Otitokoro wrote: Fri May 24, 2024 3:56 pm The man is clearly a puppet of the NFF leadership and has no spine.
Otitokoro

Admit the fact that you did not listen to the clip.

What did he say about Musa? Please inform us?