TEAM LIST OUT FOR WORLD CUP QUALIFIERS.

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: TEAM LIST OUT FOR WORLD CUP QUALIFIERS.

Post by Enugu II »

The defense get as I'm be ooo! The Remo guy is reportedly good but I do not care if he plays at Real Madrid or not, we should not be debuting a player in a crucial game. That is just my worry. The team appears thin defensively but I guess the gamble is that we are likely going to be with the ball against RSA.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

TonyTheTigerKiller wrote: Fri May 24, 2024 9:33 pm I am quietly shocked that no one has criticized the presence of Iheanacho on the list🤔😄❗️

Cheers.
I think people have just lost interest. Whats the point anymore?
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

onovo wrote: Fri May 24, 2024 11:31 pm
TonyTheTigerKiller wrote: Fri May 24, 2024 9:33 pm I am quietly shocked that no one has criticized the presence of Iheanacho on the list🤔😄❗️

Cheers.
What do you expect when you have fans who have passion for division 2 benchwarmers
Leicester are back in the EPL :taunt:
joao
Egg
Egg

Post by joao »

naijaguy wrote: Fri May 24, 2024 9:14 pm Where did this list emanate from?
Neither the NFF nor the SE official media channels have posted this.
Cos from the list above, we don't have anyone on the left side of defence or he's planning to play Bassey as LB?
The list emanates from the guessing delusional fans/agents department.
Too many wishful choices from the heart. Imagine Awaziem over Omeruo.
Better yet, I will prefer Finidi, suiting up to play on game day, than some of
the forwards listed.
"We now live in a nation where doctors destroy health, lawyers destroy justice, universities destroy knowledge,
governments destroy freedom, the press destroys information, religion destroys morals, and our banks destroy the economy.”

― Chris Hedges
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

danfo driver wrote: Fri May 24, 2024 11:58 pm

Cheers.
The point is that Nigeria will be better off if you lose interest permanently. At least, I won’t have to listen to your drivel anymore🤔❗️

Cheers.
Igugu
Egg
Egg

Post by Igugu »

THIS LINE UP IS MY MOST WORRIES:

Defenders: Chidozie Awaziem (Boavista FC, Portugal); Bright Osayi-Samuel (Fenerbahce FC, Turkey); Sadiq Ismael (Remo Stars FC); Oluwasemilogo Ajayi (West Bromwich Albion, England); Calvin Bassey (Fulham FC, England); Benjamin Tanimu (Ihefu SC, Tanzania)

1) Ola Aina: Should be invited, and play at the Right Back, his normal position.
2) Colins: is missing in this line up.
3) Osayi: I hope he is watching from the bench. He is too slow for my liking. Those SA forwards will roast him with speed.
4) Awaziem: I hope the coach instills some sense of urgency and concentration in him.
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

I don't know how there can be too much complaints. The coach is trying to avoid using players that have been out due to injury. Sanusi, Aina, Ekong, and Omeruo have been out for an extended period of time. Will not surprise me if Onyeka and Chukwuze are also replaced. The coach is not going to invite a new player he is not comfortable with using.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

TonyTheTigerKiller wrote: Sat May 25, 2024 12:17 am
danfo driver wrote: Fri May 24, 2024 11:58 pm

Cheers.
The point is that Nigeria will be better off if you lose interest permanently. At least, I won’t have to listen to your drivel anymore🤔❗️

Cheers.
it is well
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

highbury wrote: Fri May 24, 2024 10:44 pm
Cellular wrote: Fri May 24, 2024 8:37 pm
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Fri May 24, 2024 8:08 pm
vancity eagle wrote: Fri May 24, 2024 7:52 pm We have

Osho, Torunariga, Igbo, Akpoguma, even Fredrick sef

Yet we are clowning around with mediocre centre backs
It's a shame really.. it shows we lack integrity in our selection and a disregard for hard work of deserving players. Does one of the most important wcq we'll ever play, we select 2 defenders who do not deserve to be in the team based on talent and form.
Which two defenders that don't deserve to be on the list? :roll:
You guys don start again. Coaches have preferences. It has nothing to do with 'integrity'.
I wish I knew where you worked so that I can scrutinize every decision you make and attribute any decision that I don't agree with as due to your own personal lack of integrity.

The speed you guys question someone's integrity makes me question your own integrity. :veryangry:
They are projectors. They project their lack of integrity on others. The most classic projector here is Vancity
Can anybody say with a straight face that Timinu and Sofia have earned a SE call up? If so, pls explain what makes them SE players. Those of you that support Arsenal, Of you had to pick a Nigerian defender which one of you would pick Tiaminu over Osho, Igbu, Torunarigha or Ndah. You people no get shame again sef.
OCCUPY NFF!!
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Based on the nonsensical questions here, Finidi would have had to draw up a 53 man squad to come close to satisfying you all.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Finidi could also go with this lineup if he wants to play 352. I still think he needs to add two more players. The defense is light. I know Sadiq is a right back. But due to lack of players, he will have to move to left back.

------------------------------------Nwabili-----------------------------------------------

------------------Taminu----------Ajayi--------------Bassey------------------------

------Tella----------Onyeka---------Ndidi-----------Iwobi------------Sadiq----

---------------------------Osimhen-------------Lookman---------------------------

That defense is the only worry.

1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Nacho plays a very important role on the team that nobody else can....he is the team bus clown.. :taunt:

Cheers.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

ohenhen1 wrote: Sat May 25, 2024 1:19 am Finidi could also go with this lineup if he wants to play 352. I still think he needs to add two more players. The defense is light. I know Sadiq is a right back. But due to lack of players, he will have to move to left back.

------------------------------------Nwabili-----------------------------------------------

------------------Taminu----------Ajayi--------------Bassey------------------------

------Tella----------Onyeka---------Ndidi-----------Iwobi------------Sadiq----

---------------------------Osimhen-------------Lookman---------------------------

That defense is the only worry.
2 unqualified rookies . :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Dude, they should make Pluto a planet again because you’re the only inhabitant there with WiFi access. :rotf:
OCCUPY NFF!!
mystic
Egg
Egg

Post by mystic »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Sat May 25, 2024 12:56 am

It's a shame really.. it shows we lack integrity in our selection and a disregard for hard work of deserving players. Does one of the most important wcq we'll ever play, we select 2 defenders who do not deserve to be in the team based on talent and form.
You guys don start again. Coaches have preferences. It has nothing to do with 'integrity'.
I wish I knew where you worked so that I can scrutinize every decision you make and attribute any decision that I don't agree with as due to your own personal lack of integrity.

The speed you guys question someone's integrity makes me question your own integrity. :veryangry:
They are projectors. They project their lack of integrity on others. The most classic projector here is Vancity
Can anybody say with a straight face that Timinu and Sofia have earned a SE call up? If so, pls explain what makes them SE players. Those of you that support Arsenal, Of you had to pick a Nigerian defender which one of you would pick Tiaminu over Osho, Igbu, Torunarigha or Ndah. You people no get shame again sef.

I have to say that I really like Benjamin Tanimu and I was pleasantly surprised with his call-up for the last friendlies. Having said that, the question is whether or not his inexperience will be a liability considering the magnitude of these next two games.

Also, I really thought that it was a mistake to leave out Igho Ogbu from the last friendlies. He's played in a lot of big games and had he had some time to gel with the team against Ghana and Mali, he would have been a prime candidate for the current assignment.

Overall I'm not impressed with the backline. We are short on numbers and Chidozie Awaziem is a mistake waiting to happen. Ekong and Omeruo are missed.
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Why would our 2 starting CBs get injured? Thats like asking what happens if our 2 starting midfielders or our 2 starting forwards get injured? If that happens for any position for any team, they are fkc-ed no matter how stacked the team is.
Cellular wrote: Fri May 24, 2024 6:51 pm
delisyomie don wrote: Fri May 24, 2024 6:44 pm https://soccernet.ng/

IS OLA AINA INJURED?

Full Squad List:
Goalkeepers: Stanley Nwabali (Chippa United, South Africa); Maduka Okoye (Udinese FC, Italy); Ojo Olorunleke (Enyimba FC)

Defenders: Chidozie Awaziem (Boavista FC, Portugal); Bright Osayi-Samuel (Fenerbahce FC, Turkey); Sadiq Ismael (Remo Stars FC); Oluwasemilogo Ajayi (West Bromwich Albion, England); Calvin Bassey (Fulham FC, England); Benjamin Tanimu (Ihefu SC, Tanzania)

Midfielders: Wilfred Ndidi (Leicester City, England); Raphael Onyedika (Club Brugge, Belgium); Alhassan Yusuf Abdullahi (Royal Antwerp FC, Belgium); Frank Onyeka (Brentford FC, England); Alex Iwobi (Fulham FC, England); Fisayo Dele-Bashiru (Hatayspor, Turkey)

Forwards: Nathan Tella (Bayer Leverkusen, Germany); Victor Osimhen (SSC Napoli, Italy); Kelechi Iheanacho (Leicester City, England); Samuel Chukwueze (AC Milan, Italy); Paul Onuachu (Trabzonspor FC, Turkey); Ademola Lookman (Atalanta FC, Italy); Victor Boniface (Bayer Leverkusen, Germany); Terem Moffi (OGC Nice, France)
Good question.
I thought Frank Onyeka was also injured but he made the list.
We are thin in CD. What happens if Semi and Bassey gets injured? Awasiem nobe am at all at all. I rather play a backman than play Awasiem.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

mystic wrote: Sat May 25, 2024 1:44 am

I have to say that I really like Benjamin Tanimu and I was pleasantly surprised with his call-up for the last friendlies. Having said that, the question is whether or not his inexperience will be a liability considering the magnitude of these next two games.

Also, I really thought that it was a mistake to leave out Igho Ogbu from the last friendlies. He's played in a lot of big games and had he had some time to gel with the team against Ghana and Mali, he would have been a prime candidate for the current assignment.

Overall I'm not impressed with the backline. We are short on numbers and Chidozie Awaziem is a mistake waiting to happen. Ekong and Omeruo are missed.
But we have a lot of impressive players who deserve a call. Benjamin is impressive, Ogbu is impressive,Ndah is impressive too. What is it about Tiaminu that qualifies him for SE from Tanzania?
OCCUPY NFF!!
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

1naija wrote: Sat May 25, 2024 1:15 am Based on the nonsensical questions here, Finidi would have had to draw up a 53 man squad to come close to satisfying you all.
1naija,

Is that not always the case? Everyone feels they know better than the manager. Meanwhile, no one here can name a list of 23 players that their CE colleagues will agree on. That is a FACT.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Enugu II wrote: Sat May 25, 2024 3:17 am
1naija wrote: Sat May 25, 2024 1:15 am Based on the nonsensical questions here, Finidi would have had to draw up a 53 man squad to come close to satisfying you all.
1naija,

Is that not always the case? Everyone feels they know better than the manager. Meanwhile, no one here can name a list of 23 players that their CE colleagues will agree on. That is a FACT.
Have you ever seen a team list club or national team with 6 defenders and 4 No 9s? The more I look at that list the worried I am about the coaching staff’s competency. I guess they figured defenders won’t be needed much since SA and Benin will come to sell groundnut.
OCCUPY NFF!!
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Sat May 25, 2024 3:23 am
1naija,

Have you ever seen a team list club or national team with 6 defenders and 4 No 9s? The more I look at that list the worried I am about the coaching staff’s competency. I guess they figured defenders won’t be needed much since SA and Benin will come to sell groundnut.

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: Did he not give you a a large number of guys listed as midfielders? Was that not the perennial complaint by CEs?
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Enugu II wrote: Sat May 25, 2024 3:32 am
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Sat May 25, 2024 3:23 am
1naija,

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: Did he not give you a a large number of guys listed as midfielders? Was that not the perennial complaint by CEs?
Only 6 MF were listed, 1 more than usual . I just hope we score first in both games.
OCCUPY NFF!!
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

And how did you find out about all those other players you listed? Was it not during the 2021 AFCON we all found out about Ndah for the first time? Weren't some questioning his inclusion then? We have our core team that has been together for the past 5 years, thanks to Rohr. I am not worried about a sprinkle of little known players here and there. You can't say for a fact that any of those other players you listed is better than Tiaminu.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Sat May 25, 2024 2:35 am
mystic wrote: Sat May 25, 2024 1:44 am

But we have a lot of impressive players who deserve a call. Benjamin is impressive, Ogbu is impressive,Ndah is impressive too. What is it about Tiaminu that qualifies him for SE from Tanzania?
pindal123
Egg
Egg

Post by pindal123 »

Some notable missing names:

- Bruno Onyemaechi: the only player who can play LB is Bassey, we needed also Bruno at least
- Igoh Ogbu: Definitely better than Tanimu and maybe also than Awaziem
- Kenneth Omeruo: Same as Ogbu
- Ibrahim Olawoyin: He could be the new name in the midfield, not absolutely necessary though.
- Arthur Okonkwo: He declared he is avaible to play for Nigeria, it's important to cap him now that he made this choice.
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

pindal123 wrote: Sat May 25, 2024 8:50 am Some notable missing names:

- Bruno Onyemaechi: the only player who can play LB is Bassey, we needed also Bruno at least
- Igoh Ogbu: Definitely better than Tanimu and maybe also than Awaziem
- Kenneth Omeruo: Same as Ogbu
- Ibrahim Olawoyin: He could be the new name in the midfield, not absolutely necessary though.
- Arthur Okonkwo: He declared he is avaible to play for Nigeria, it's important to cap him now that he made this choice.
There was a report that says Okonkwo has not decided yet if he wants to play for Englan or Nigeria. Also he played in the 4th division last year and he is leaving Arsenal.

Oluwoyin was just media and agent speculation. The coach never told you that he was going to invite him. Didn't play in the last two friendlies.

Omeruo is injured that is O he didn't make the list.
The coach likes Tanimu. Watched him at Bendel Insurance and in the last two friendlies.
\
The reality is the coach is struggling to find replacements for injured players. Ekong, Aina, Sanusi, Omeruo would have made the team if they were fit.