TEAM LIST OUT FOR WORLD CUP QUALIFIERS.

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: TEAM LIST OUT FOR WORLD CUP QUALIFIERS.

Post by Lolly »

ohenhen1 wrote: Fri May 24, 2024 8:26 pm i don't think the list is complete. Onyeka and Chukwuze could also be replaced. I only counted 23 players. They are going to call up more players. Maybe another CB and LB.
It’s the usual trick. Include injured players in the initial list and then replace them with the ones you want to sneak in.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
pindal123
Egg
Egg

Post by pindal123 »

ohenhen1 wrote: Sat May 25, 2024 12:21 pm
There was a report that says Okonkwo has not decided yet if he wants to play for Englan or Nigeria. Also he played in the 4th division last year and he is leaving Arsenal.

Oluwoyin was just media and agent speculation. The coach never told you that he was going to invite him. Didn't play in the last two friendlies.

Omeruo is injured that is O he didn't make the list.
The coach likes Tanimu. Watched him at Bendel Insurance and in the last two friendlies.
\
The reality is the coach is struggling to find replacements for injured players. Ekong, Aina, Sanusi, Omeruo would have made the team if they were fit.
Onyemaechy’s miss is a huge mistake.

Tanimu shouldn’t be called over Ogbu, or even Ndah.

As for Okonkwo, it’s also the coach that has to convince players to play for Nigeria; Gernot Rohr was able to recruit Okoye, Ekong, Balogun, Aina, Ebuehi, Osigwe, Akpoguma etc.
hestonap
Egg
Egg

Post by hestonap »

pindal123 wrote: Sat May 25, 2024 1:07 pm
There was a report that says Okonkwo has not decided yet if he wants to play for Englan or Nigeria. Also he played in the 4th division last year and he is leaving Arsenal.

Oluwoyin was just media and agent speculation. The coach never told you that he was going to invite him. Didn't play in the last two friendlies.

The coach likes Tanimu. Watched him at Bendel Insurance and in the last two friendlies.
\
The reality is the coach is struggling to find replacements for injured players. Ekong, Aina, Sanusi, Omeruo would have made the team if they were fit.
Onyemaechy’s miss is a huge mistake.

Tanimu shouldn’t be called over Ogbu, or even Ndah.

As for Okonkwo, it’s also the coach that has to convince players to play for Nigeria; Gernot Rohr was able to recruit Okoye, Ekong, Balogun, Aina, Ebuehi, Osigwe, Akpoguma etc.
I though Keshi capped Ekong and Balogun ?
God bless and keep Nigeria and make his face shine on her undeserving as she may be.
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

It is Keshi that capped Ekong not Rohr. The coach will pick the players he want. I don't know why he didn't pick Oyemachi but I will leave it to the coach to make the decision on the players he wants to work with. I am not the one coaching the team. But I do have my concerns about only calling 6 defenders. Injuries can happen. You need depth there. There is still time to call up two more players from the 35 man provisional list. I just hope the NFF is not trying to save money by only going with a 23 man list instead of 25 players.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
packerland
Egg
Egg

Post by packerland »

I’m tired about debating players invitation and team selection, I just want to watch the match. We will never get it 100% right. In the absence of corruption, there is always politics. The likes Tanimu, Musa & Amokachi (coaching) are likely not on the team based on merit.
"Yea right, we await the beatings the Aussie has for them. The Falcons are just another bad team at the women world cup".....fatpokey Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:34 .
naijaguy
Egg
Egg

Post by naijaguy »

No be Naija again? Expect changes to the list in the coming days.
Onyeka out, Uzoho in.
Chukwueze out, Bruno in.
:rotf: :biggrin:
I am just and Ordinary guy being used by an extraordinary God.
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

pindal123 wrote: Sat May 25, 2024 8:50 am Some notable missing names:

- Bruno Onyemaechi: the only player who can play LB is Bassey, we needed also Bruno at least
- Igoh Ogbu: Definitely better than Tanimu and maybe also than Awaziem
- Kenneth Omeruo: Same as Ogbu
- Ibrahim Olawoyin: He could be the new name in the midfield, not absolutely necessary though.
- Arthur Okonkwo: He declared he is avaible to play for Nigeria, it's important to cap him now that he made this choice.

\
I’m currently watching the Scottish FA Cup final between arch rivals Rangers and Celtic.
Leon Balogun is having his good game for Rangers and I believe he should be called up to replace the injured experienced duo of Omeruo and Ekong as a stop gap over the 2 WCQs.
He’s experienced, played well with Bassey at Rangers, injury fee and in form. It’s a no brainier
I am happy
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Dammy wrote: Sat May 25, 2024 4:03 pm

- Bruno Onyemaechi: the only player who can play LB is Bassey, we needed also Bruno at least
- Ibrahim Olawoyin: He could be the new name in the midfield, not absolutely necessary though.
- Arthur Okonkwo: He declared he is avaible to play for Nigeria, it's important to cap him now that he made this choice.

\
I’m currently watching the Scottish FA Cup final between arch rivals Rangers and Celtic.
Leon Balogun is having his good game for Rangers and I believe he should be called up to replace the injured experienced duo of Omeruo and Ekong as a stop gap over the 2 WCQs.
He’s experienced, played well with Bassey at Rangers, injury fee and in form. It’s a no brainier
I don't think the list is final. There is going to be one or two more additions.

bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

\
They don't like Balogun because he calls out the nff for the moronic things they do so they just quietly retired him. I don't think he will get recalled.
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
pindal123
Egg
Egg

Post by pindal123 »

There is no need to recall Balogun, there are a lot of defenders that deserve a call up like:
- Igoh Ogbu
- Olisa Ndah
- Jordan Torunarigha
- Gabriel Osho (i read he is elegible)
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Didn't Balogun retire from the team and now wants to come back. When was the last time he played for Nigeria?

vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

ohenhen1 wrote: Sat May 25, 2024 4:51 pm Didn't Balogun retire from the team and now wants to come back. When was the last time he played for Nigeria?
Balogun was very good, if he is still in form he is better than all of the defenders called up beyond Bassey.
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

The list is missing Aina and Ekong. Maybe Akpoguna or Tosin or Osho can be called up. Balogun was good for Nigeria. But he lost a step.

Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

pindal123 wrote: Sat May 25, 2024 4:40 pm
There is no need to recall Balogun, there are a lot of defenders that deserve a call up like:
- Igoh Ogbu
- Olisa Ndah
- Jordan Torunarigha
- Gabriel Osho (i read he is elegible)
It’s meant to be a stop gap for the 2 WCQs. Balogun is not new to the team and he will plug the experience gap in the central defence.
He’s fit and in form, so it should be a shoo in
I am happy
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

I don't want Leon Balogun. Akpoguna would be a better choice.

ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

I don't want Leon Balogun. Akpoguna would be a better choice.

Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

ohenhen1 wrote: Sat May 25, 2024 6:45 pm I don't want Leon Balogun. Akpoguna would be a better choice.
We heard you the first time!😁😁
I am happy
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Olisa Ndah is also another good option.

ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Finidi need to realize it is his responsible to convince players to play for Nigeria also. He needs to place a call to Tomori.

pindal123
Egg
Egg

Post by pindal123 »

ohenhen1 wrote: Sat May 25, 2024 7:57 pm Finidi need to realize it is his responsible to convince players to play for Nigeria also. He needs to place a call to Tomori.
Tomori has already played for England, he isn’t anymore eligible to play for Nigeria.

I would be happy if he convinces at least Tosin Adarabioyo, which i believe is an excellent defender.
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Nigeria could also go with this lineup
Nwabili
Sadiq, Ajayi, Ajayi, Awaziem, Bassey
Onyeka, Ndidi, Iwobi
Boniface, Osimhen, Lookman

Backups
GK- Okoye, Ojo
DF- Osayi, Taminu
MF- Onyedika, Yusuf, Bashiru
FW-Chukwzue, Iheanacho, Moffi, Onauchu, Tella

That defense is a problem.

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Okoye

Awazien Ajayi Bassey

Osayi. . Iwob....ndidi onyeka ..Tella

Vic. Lookman
OCCUPY NFF!!
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Sat May 25, 2024 11:20 pm Okoye

Awazien Ajayi Bassey

Osayi. . Iwob....ndidi onyeka ..Tella

Vic. Lookman
Okoye in goal? It ain't happening, bros. You think say dis na friendly? No sane manager will do that unless Nwabali is injured. Okoye has to chop bench for a short while.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics