WE HAVE A GEM IN LOOKMAN

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet
WE HAVE A GEM IN LOOKMAN

Post by vancity eagle »

There is a reason I was excited once we finally capped Lookman.

I had watched him almost every week when he played for Fulham.

Back then I told you all he was easily better than all of our wingers. He was a good dribbler with excellent technique, could cross, and had a high football IQ.

Yes it's true that he didn't start off great with SE, but I always maintained he was no worse than an ineffective Simon and Chukwueze. I even posted the stats that he was even slightly more productive in terms of goal involvement per game than both Simon and Chuks.

The haters continued with Field Marshall Kongi leading the charge.

He has now been one of our best players over 2 afcon matches, and EASILY the best of our wingers.

He has one assist and apparently has crested more chanced than any player so far in the tournament according to the Twitter page soar eagles soar. 4 chances created.

You can always see his intelligence when he is on the ball. A refreshing alternative to our regular cul de sac dancers.

What has surprised me though is his work ethic in these 2 matches. I am honestly shocked because this player used to stroll around. But in this heat and humidity, Lookman is getting stuck in, EVEN LATE IN THE GAMES.

For me he is one of the first names on any starting 11.

Good that Peseiro has kept the faith in him.

He is only getting started as well. We are yet to see the best of him.

Meanwhile Chuks and Simon have long shown us their ceiling and reached it.
iworo
Egg
Egg
Re: WE HAVE A GEM IN LOOKMAN

Post by iworo »

I utterly concur with you. He's definitely the most technically sound player on the team.
waka-man
Egg
Egg

Post by waka-man »

Chuks is nowhere near his ceiling. If anything, he’s stuck at his floor. Indeed, Thursday’s game showed that given a different role, he could do more. His pass for the Osimhen miss was sublime.

But with you on Lookman. He was good long before Fulham. I’m glad we have him.
-------------------------------------------
MY NAME IS WAKA-MAN, and YES, I AM A CHELSEA FAN. Please don't hate me - I was fan when David Ellery dashed Cantona two penalties as Man U beat us 4-0 in the FA Cup final. So I've paid my dues.
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

Lmao at Field Marshall Kongi. What a hater. Some of the purest most senseless hating even by Ce standards.

Lookman can do better believe it or not. I am actually a bit disappointed he isn't in a bigger club. He always fades a bit as the season goes on.

Let's see how he does going forward. He can be inconsistent
Last edited by airwolex on Sat Jan 20, 2024 8:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

By the way Chukwueze showed me something against CIV. It would be great if they both blossomed together.
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

airwolex wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 8:01 pm By the way Chukwueze showed me something against CIV. It would be great if they both blossomed together.
Chukwueze looked better playing more in the middle, maybe that's the position he should play more in...most of our so called wild forwards are actually CAMs without even knowing it, Lookman will likely thrive as a CAM than a winger.

We've pretty much wasted the true quality of these players by sticking to the redundant 424/442 formations.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Tobi17 wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 8:13 pm
airwolex wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 8:01 pm By the way Chukwueze showed me something against CIV. It would be great if they both blossomed together.
Chukwueze looked better playing more in the middle, maybe that's the position he should play more in...most of our so called wild forwards are actually CAMs without even knowing it, Lookman will likely thrive as a CAM than a winger.

We've pretty much wasted the true quality of these players by sticking to the redundant 424/442 formations.
When I told you 442 is the worst formation for our players.

Chukwueze and Simon hug the touch lines and resort to dancing.

Lookman has also been poor in 442.

433 at least brings the wide players more central than in a 442. 442 is just one rubbish formation for the players at our disposal.
onovo
Egg
Egg

Post by onovo »

Like I had mentioned before, Peseiro had a strong faith in Lookman irrespective. TBH the boy is arguably the most intelligent and technical player in the Super Eagles team currently in AFCON. Look at his passes ! There was this pass he gave to Aina against EQG ! It is just unfortunate that some of our fans has penchant for division 2 benchwarmers/back water league players.
highbury
Egg
Egg

Post by highbury »

vancity eagle wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 7:41 pm There is a reason I was excited once we finally capped Lookman.

Back then I told you all he was easily better than all of our wingers. He was a good dribbler with excellent technique, could cross, and had a high football IQ.

Yes it's true that he didn't start off great with SE, but I always maintained he was no worse than an ineffective Simon and Chukwueze. I even posted the stats that he was even slightly more productive in terms of goal involvement per game than both Simon and Chuks.

He has now been one of our best players over 2 afcon matches, and EASILY the best of our wingers.

He has one assist and apparently has crested more chanced than any player so far in the tournament according to the Twitter page soar eagles soar. 4 chances created.

You can always see his intelligence when he is on the ball. A refreshing alternative to our regular cul de sac dancers.

What has surprised me though is his work ethic in these 2 matches. I am honestly shocked because this player used to stroll around. But in this heat and humidity, Lookman is getting stuck in, EVEN LATE IN THE GAMES.

Ok SE addict. My question for you is are you ethnically Nigerian? Be honest
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

vancity eagle wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 7:41 pm There is a reason I was excited once we finally capped Lookman.

You are the hater here. People were rightly sceptical of Lookman because of the way he started. I like him as a player but he did not have the best start to his SE career. I'm not sure why you are hailing yourself as a genius. You are still the same bloke that backed Ivory Coast in 2013.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Bump.

I was right again.
icee
Egg
Egg

Post by icee »

vancity eagle wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 5:13 am Bump.

I was right again.
I recall this but some of us had seen Lookman. Not just you and had faith in him. Now this is where you see the result of a coach know what he/she is doing. Pisero moved him to what some call wide forward. Some Coach's will force him into the winger role.