SODIQ ISMAIL.... First SE Call Up and things to know.

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: SODIQ ISMAIL.... First SE Call Up and things to know.

Post by Lolly »

Enugu II wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 1:19 am
Ayo Akinfe wrote: Sat May 25, 2024 8:18 pm Is Sodiq Ismail a rightback or a leftback?
Ayo

Anyone who can play as wingback can do so from both wings. It is not a big deal. Aina is a classic example but he is not the only one.
Foul! I want to believe you fell on the keyboard when typing this.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Lolly wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 6:00 am
Enugu II wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 1:19 am
Ayo Akinfe wrote: Sat May 25, 2024 8:18 pm Is Sodiq Ismail a rightback or a leftback?
Ayo

Anyone who can play as wingback can do so from both wings. It is not a big deal. Aina is a classic example but he is not the only one.
Foul! I want to believe you fell on the keyboard when typing this.
:rotf: it isnt that difficult bros. We are not asking a defender to play striker here. Do you remember Samuel Kalu? You realize he once played wingback for Nigeria? You remember Onazi as well. These days, switching from one wide area to the other is not out of place considering how much more comfortable players are using both feet.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

Right back.
His crosses are his trademark.
He is excellent at putting some english on his crosses.
Purposeful crosses with a knack of picking out his teammates.
Don't know how effective his left foot is but when it comes to crossing the ball, he is quite good at it.
I think he will rival Bassey in how good he can cross the ball.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Cellular wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 5:30 pm
Right back.
Don't know how effective his left foot is but when it comes to crossing the ball, he is quite good at it.
How good is he at defending? Does he have pace? We haven’t seen him against top opposition and nobody seems to know how good of a defender he actually is at other aspects of the game. Top defenses usually don’t allow you to put English on crosses easily. Does he have the ball skills to take on opponents and create space?
OCCUPY NFF!!
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Cellular »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 5:40 pm
Right back.
How good is he at defending? Does he have pace? We haven’t seen him against top opposition and nobody seems to know how good of a defender he actually is at other aspects of the game. Top defenses usually don’t allow you to put English on crosses easily. Does he have the ball skills to take on opponents and create space?
He has good pace.
He is not as good as Aina in taking on players, but he is decent.
He is definitely better than Osayi-Samuel and the other guys who have played FB for us.
I think the key with him playing is who plays in front of him and who plays next to him. They will be critical in calming nerves and reassuring him that he can play... confidence will be key.
He is an adequate defender that is capable of finding Osimhen early and often.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Cellular wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 5:46 pm
Right back.
He has good pace.
He is definitely better than Osayi-Samuel and the other guys who have played FB for us.
I think the key with him playing is who plays in front of him and who plays next to him. They will be critical in calming nerves and reassuring him that he can play... confidence will be key.
I’ve been watching vids on him recently, I think the best aspect of his game is that he releases the ball early and often, he doesn’t run with the ball much. This could be useful against teams that want to sit back and pack the bus when they lose possession.
OCCUPY NFF!!
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

Right back.
He has good pace.
If your scouting report is accurate, hiring Finidi as the head coach is already yielding dividends
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Cellular »

THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Cellular »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 5:49 pm
Right back.
He has good pace.
I’ve been watching vids on him recently, I think the best aspect of his game is that he releases the ball early and often, he doesn’t run with the ball much. This could be useful against teams that want to sit back and pack the bus when they lose possession.
The quick release is indeed an attribute of his skillset. He doesn't dwell on the ball. No unnecessary dressing.
He is very capable of taking on players but he prefers to release the ball early before defenders can track and mark people in the box. If you look at some of his crosses you will see he has the IQ to cut the ball back and not always crossing forward when in an advanced position. He is also a strong guy.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Cellular »

ANC wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 5:51 pm
Right back.
He has good pace.
If your scouting report is accurate, hiring Finidi as the head coach is already yielding dividends
Anyone who follows the NPFL will tell you that his call-up was justified based on his skill set.
He might not necessarily be the best defender in the EPL but there are things he does better than most defenders.
Finidi has seen him upclose and should know if his skills are transferable.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

Very happy for this fella. Great to see how much joy this brought to him and his team mates.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Cellular wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 6:00 pm
Lawd, have mercy. I wish this kid can get a chance to play with Osimhem. Osimhen would love it!!!!
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

He showed Enyimba in Aba and assisted the goal that won the game for Remo Stars. Finidi knows him
pindal123
Egg
Egg

Post by pindal123 »

Is he right footed or left footed?
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Showboy
Egg
Egg

Post by Showboy »

aruako1 wrote: Wed May 29, 2024 9:09 pm He showed Enyimba in Aba and assisted the goal that won the game for Remo Stars. Finidi knows him
I hope it works out for Sodiq especially if starts the game.

The other thing to add is - its an area that Finidi used to play so he'll fully understand what it takes to play in a certain way.
"We must accept finite disappointment, but never lose infinite hope" (Martin Luther King, Jr)
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

pindal123 wrote: Thu May 30, 2024 12:29 pm Is he right footed or left footed?
Looks right footed when playing on the right. Most of the crosses are from his right foot.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

Are we going to see two new right sided defenders start in Tanimu and Sodiq? That would be a huge gamble.

fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

Lolly wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2024 10:49 am Are we going to see two new right sided defenders start in Tanimu and Sodiq? That would be a huge gamble.
South Africa will have little or no scouting on them. I am happy for the players, this will never happen during Rohr or Peseiro. It's very good for depth and competition.
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

fabio wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2024 12:03 pm
Lolly wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2024 10:49 am Are we going to see two new right sided defenders start in Tanimu and Sodiq? That would be a huge gamble.
South Africa will have little or no scouting on them. I am happy for the players, this will never happen during Rohr or Peseiro. It's very good for depth and competition.
I am not worried about SA's scouting or not. I am more worried about team chemistry especially for the whole back line and possibly nerves. I hope he doesn't start the two of them. I will still start with Osayi and maybe give Sodiq some minutes if we are trailing. I am not sure about Tanimu. I guess it would depend on who is available and who is not. But it is looking like a back three of Tanimu, Ajayi and Bassey.

fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

Lolly wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2024 12:10 pm
I am not worried about SA's scouting or not. I am more worried about team chemistry especially for the whole back line and possibly nerves. I hope he doesn't start the two of them. I will still start with Osayi and maybe give Sodiq some minutes if we are trailing. I am not sure about Tanimu. I guess it would depend on who is available and who is not. But it is looking like a back three of Tanimu, Ajayi and Bassey.
Tanimu had a very good debut, not worried about him. Sodiq will perform very well. Same fears were expressed about Nwabili before AfCon started.
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

fabio wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2024 12:21 pm
Lolly wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2024 12:10 pm
Tanimu had a very good debut, not worried about him. Sodiq will perform very well. Same fears were expressed about Nwabili before AfCon started.
I admire your confidence. :biggrin: